Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MAYWEATHER SR.: "IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY AND IT AIN'T NO OTHER WAY!"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
MAYWEATHER SR.: "IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY AND IT AIN'T NO OTHER WAY!"

"The training that I do is beyond him," stated world-renowned trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. as he gives us the scoop on why he'll no longer be working with WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson. Sr. made it clear that "he didn't just do himself a favor, but he did me a favor" as he explains why he wasn't interested in working with a fighter that he didn't have any communication with. You don't want to miss this explosive interview as he talks in depth about Dawson, his thoughts on Mayweather Jr. participating in Dancing With The Stars while he prepares for his clash with Ricky Hatton and much more, including news that Anthony Hanshaw will be returning to Biloxi again on November 3rd to take another former light heavyweight champion...Glen Johnson. Check it out!

click here for more
thehype
Like him or not, he does bring up some very valid points from time to time...I mean, does Gatti really deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? Should Dawson have flown in his wife and kid if his trainer told him not to.

dntknw.gif
Method
That was a good interview. Mayweather Sr might feel himself a little too hard, and be off every wall, but I like him.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 29 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]355493[/snapback]
That was a good interview. Mayweather Sr might feel himself a little too hard, and be off every wall, but I like him.

i believe that he is a good trainer, but some of the shit he says annoys me. like when he says he never tells anyone all he knows. well floyd, even if thats true, saying that isnt going to make you too attractive to any fighters. if im a fighter, i want all of the knowledge you have in that pea brain. i dont want to hear about you holding info back because your worried about getting your ass fired. but i think hes just blowing smoke up everyones ass.
Method
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing as I read that blurb. If I'm paying six and seven figure checks, motherfucker you best not be holding back.
neophyte7
floyd sr keeps it real... CHAD DAWSON IS still a fucking kid and he should not take for granted that his young ass has all it takes to remain a champion. Floyd SR was correct in what he told him. Dawson is still learning and should do what his trainer says in camp. he is not seasoned enough to have family distratctions during camp. Eddie Mustafa Muhammad will not bring the defensive focus of sr, thus opening the door for Dawson to get his chin checked, especially against Veterans like Tarver or Hopkins... without SR i see Dawson vulnerable
Tha Docta
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Aug 29 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]355600[/snapback]
floyd sr keeps it real... CHAD DAWSON IS still a fucking kid and he should not take for granted that his young ass has all it takes to remain a champion. Floyd SR was correct in what he told him. Dawson is still learning and should do what his trainer says in camp. he is not seasoned enough to have family distratctions during camp. Eddie Mustafa Muhammad will not bring the defensive focus of sr, thus opening the door for Dawson to get his chin checked, especially against Veterans like Tarver or Hopkins... without SR i see Dawson vulnerable

maybe having his family there makes him train harder?? who knows. there are plenty of trainers out there that are just as good, if not better than floyd sr. and those guys actually teach their fighters all that they know. plus, i cant even understand what floyd sr says in between rounds. i remember him telling delahoya "you gotta bdddaattt, bdddatt, bdddddattt".
dj necrogenic
I like Sr. He'll tell whats real, he's not sugar coating anything, and that type of honestly is great. This game doesnt need people sucking each others dicks all the time, it needs truth.
NickBarker
Both of the elder Mayweather's are pretty hilarious when it comes to interviews like these. I agree with Fitz, though, they both seem to have something against Freddie Roach and it seems shitty to just randomly shit on him like that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Aug 31 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]355741[/snapback]
Both of the elder Mayweather's are pretty hilarious when it comes to interviews like these. I agree with Fitz, though, they both seem to have something against Freddie Roach and it seems shitty to just randomly shit on him like that.

I totally agree with you, I catch myself LOL when I hear these interviews from the Mayweathers. And I also think it is unnecessary to keep shitting on such a cool guy like Roach. Freddie should get James Toney to bitch slap the both of them for him black eye.gif Another thing to think about, what if Freddie started ripping into the Mayweathers about there jail time, drug problems, all there family drama, their lack of speaking abilities, Floyd Sr. looking like the Predator, Roger having one of worst chins in the history of boxing, Floyd being a terrible father, etc.?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.