Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab Judah returns Sept. 7
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Go Zab!

I hope Judah scores a KO. He's still great to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-vv1zud24w

thehype
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 29 2007, 06:31 AM) [snapback]355486[/snapback]
He got beat up good, but gave it back as well at stages and was tough and never gave up.

Just a few more fights like that and he'll be a candidate for the hall of fame.

laugh.gif
Elijah
What can we expect to see from Super Judah on Sept. 7th?

ZJ: Explosion. It's like this, you're boy is focused, I'm back, I'm training harder than ever and on September 7 Vazquez, whatever his name is, I don't even need to know his name, all I need to know and all he needs to know is that he's getting knocked out and he's going to be my next poster. After I get through with this chump, I want to fight whoever wants it, I'm coming for Cotto, Mosley all of them. They're going to have to see me."

ZJ: "If Kermit Cintron fights me, I promise you'll be seeing him crying in the ring again".

This is why I hate Zab Judah. First off the last time you fought someone and didn't know their name you got beat by that "no name" Carlos Baldomir. Secondly you REALLY don't want it again with Cotto. Third if and when you ever do fight Cintron plan on getting a hole punched through you. No way in hell little Zab Judah puts any kind of hurtin on Cintron. You think Cintron did a number on Mathysse? Shit he'll lift Zab up with an uppercut like the dudes from Ring King, straight up over the ropes and outta there.
salvador
I'd love to see Zab get a spectacular first round ko. I've said it too many times to count, but the truth with Zab is that he lost his confidence in the Tszyu fight and he's never gotten it back. He should fight two or three guys before getting back in with the top dogs - Estrada would be an excellent next fight for Zab. But if he's going to get back in with the top names (like he's saying in interviews) then I'd LOVE to see him fight Margarito.

Cintron is calling out Williams right now and Zab seems to be genuinely interested in fighting Margarito. If these two fights happen in the next 6 months, then I'd say that the current WW division would have to be compared with just about any division in the history of the sport. It may not have the Hagler/Hearns/Duran/SRL mystique or talent, but it does have the depth and if these guys really all fight each other then we may be in for the best couple of years boxing's seen in my life as a boxing fan.
BigG
I think Kermit is quickly becoming the most overrated fighter after the fight with Walter......I mean, sure he has power, but Mathyesse is not even half the fighter Zab is. And I'm not saying Zab is a great or an elite fighter because he isn't....but he is still good enough to beat Kermit.

I mean, Kermit has only fought ONE top fighter (I'm sorry, Teddy Reid or Walter Mathyesse dont count) and lost pretty badly. 4 knockdowns in 5 rounds.

And the Welterweight division is the best in boxing, without a doubt.

Mayweather
Hatton
Cotto
Mosley
Williams
Collazo
Margarito
Cintron
Berto
Elijah
Haha, I'm stickin by my guns that no way in hell Zab Judah poses any threat to Cintron. Cintron has improved so much with Manny in the short amount of time he's been with him and he's only gonna get better. I think the main problem with Kermit is his mental state and/or lack of confidence. Like it or not in the short amount of time Cintron was in the ring with Mathysse you could tell he had improved.

"I mean, Kermit has only fought ONE top fighter (I'm sorry, Teddy Reid or Walter Mathyesse dont count) and lost pretty badly. 4 knockdowns in 5 rounds."

One could always use the ol' "yeah but Mathysse lost a TKO in the 10th to Williams and Cintron straight waxed that dude in 2" theory. I for one don't think those type of comparisons hold much weight when it comes to boxing but at the same time it should be noted. I know I know, Mathysse was "shot" after his fight with Williams too.

salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 29 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]355510[/snapback]
I think Kermit is quickly becoming the most overrated fighter after the fight with Walter......

I totally agree and that's why I would be shocked if Steward let him in with Williams. But that said, his power makes him a contender and a fairly exciting matchup for anyone in the division except for Mayweather.

And you forgot Clottey!

For me the most interesting thing about the division is that there are 3 names that may never get the marquis fights who could beat anyone: Clottey, Williams and MArgarito. All three of those guys would have a good shot against Mayweather, Cotto, Mosley, and certainly Hatton. How often does a division have not one, but THREE guys nobody wants to fight?!!!!!!!!!!!
BigG
Zab needs to a few easy fights...He is 0-3-1 no contest in his last 4 fights.....He needs a winning streak.
Big Slim Sweet
I like Zab. He's a fun fighter to watch, and despite all his bravado, he actually seems like a pretty cool, down-to-earth guy.

I'll be rooting for him to get back in the mix.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 29 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]355522[/snapback]
Zab needs to a few easy fights...He is 0-3-1 no contest in his last 4 fights.....He needs a winning streak.

No NY needs to suspend his license as they did to Holyfield!!, in all honesty who cares if Zab is back he isnt going to do anything now its over for him.
Elijah
I think so too but we'll see.

Zab and down to earth in the same sentence, I've seen it all.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Elijah @ Aug 29 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]355536[/snapback]
Zab and down to earth in the same sentence, I've seen it all.

I met him at the NY Golden Gloves about a week after he KO'd Spinks. He was smiling, talking to people, shaking hands, etc. He didn't have a big entourage or anything either. It was just him, Monte Barrett and one other guy, and this is right after the biggest win of his career. The dude seemed pretty laid back, cool.

I really think a lot of the shit he says is just false bravado. He's from Brooklyn, a lot of folks out there aren't feeling you if you don't thump your chest a bit.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 29 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]355491[/snapback]
Just a few more fights like that and he'll be a candidate for the hall of fame.

laugh.gif

Hype kills us again with his truth based humour.
BrutalBodyShots
We've still got to see how Judah looks in the ring post-Cotto beating. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cotto fight took a serious piece out of Zab, and we won't know until we see him in the ring again. I sure wouldn't want to test it out against a top fighter... like some have said above he needs a few easier fights.

Lil-lightsout
Zab definately needs to get Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.'s matchmakers number to get him a couple of opponents for him to build his confidence up. Then he can step up his competition later on just so he can get KO'd again. Zab is a good fighter, but he will never be elite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.