Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMFG Go Rent "Cocaine Cowboys"
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Method
GREAT documentary on Columbian Cocaine Cartel in Miami in Late '70's and early 80's

Go rent or on-demand this.

Must see shit.
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 31 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]355744[/snapback]
GREAT documentary on Columbian Cocaine Cartel in Miami in Late '70's and early 80's

Go rent or on-demand this.

Must see shit.

It gets my vote
Method
The movie Scarface and the TV show Miami Vice were both inspired by this era. This in a 90 minute documentary basically narrated by all the players, hit men, transporters, cops, etc. Very interesting/entertaining shit.

And man, this lady, La Madrina, Griselda Blanco....google that ruthless butch and come talk to me. Responnsible for the deaths of ~ 200 ppl. Ruthless crzy bitch.

Tellin you boys. Go rent it and then let's chat.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 31 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]355780[/snapback]
The movie Scarface and the TV show Miami Vice were both inspired by this era. This in a 90 minute documentary basically narrated by all the players, hit men, transporters, cops, etc. Very interesting/entertaining shit.

And man, this lady, La Madrina, Griselda Blanco....google that ruthless butch and come talk to me. Responnsible for the deaths of ~ 200 ppl. Ruthless crzy bitch.

Tellin you boys. Go rent it and then let's chat.

Funny, that movies been laying around my house for like a month now. I watched it, it was pretty cool.
Method
I mean, as far as documentaries go, Rus, it's narrated pretty much the whole time by people that were invoved. How about the "Rivi" portion, where he tals about La Madina? The bitch was motherfucking ruthless. By all accounts they say it made Al Capone, Prohibition and all that other happy horse shit look like vacation.

It was the Columbians fault all the heat got brought down on Miami. That's why the term "White Collar Crime was coined. Some people just know how to handle their shit. Just like Rivi said, "The Latin way is to pull the trigger first and figure it out later".
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Sep 2 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]356019[/snapback]
I mean, as far as documentaries go, Rus, it's narrated pretty much the whole time by people that were invoved. How about the "Rivi" portion, where he tals about La Madina? The bitch was motherfucking ruthless. By all accounts they say it made Al Capone, Prohibition and all that other happy horse shit look like vacation.

It was the Columbians fault all the heat got brought down on Miami. That's why the term "White Collar Crime was coined. Some people just know how to handle their shit. Just like Rivi said, "The Latin way is to pull the trigger first and figure it out later".

yeah, they were all pretty ruthless. I still can't believe it was just one asshole that took them all down. They apparently had nothing on them until that guy flipped.
Mino
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 2 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]356022[/snapback]
yeah, they were all pretty ruthless. I still can't believe it was just one asshole that took them all down. They apparently had nothing on them until that guy flipped.

Is this available at blockbuster???
boxingfanatic215
What channel on demand?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Mino @ Sep 10 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]356935[/snapback]
Is this available at blockbuster???

should be, check your local stores. it was a bitch to get for a while, but now i think it's all over
gods son
part two is ready to be released soon..

it focuses on the god mother and her compadre Charles Cosby!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.