Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kendall Holt vs. Ricardo Torres
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Torres comes from behind to stop Holt in round 11...

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 3 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]356091[/snapback]
Torres comes from behind to stop Holt in round 11...

Anyone watch the fight? Comments?
Southeastpaw
Yeah!!! I like Torres.

Jack 1000
Fightnews said that it was a very hostile crowd and when Holt went down in the 11th, the crowd started throwing crap in the ring. The ref failed to call time and the claim is that Holt had trouble regaining his footing on the ropes. After several more exchanges, the fight was stopped. Holt's people said that Kendell dominated all the rounds except for the kd round in the 11th. Two of the three judges had the fight very close according to Box Rec.

A protest will be logged with the WBO on the basis of the ref failing to call time to remove the debris from the ring following the 11th round kd:

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headl...AZXtQTGlEd.html

Jack
Kijis Konar
Holt got KTFO. End of the story.
hardhead
I watched the end of the fight and some highlights and Holt knocked Torres down twice, then Torres came back in the 10th(or 11th) I think and caught Holt with a left hook and Holt went down, he got up and was in the corner covering up and did get hit with a some punches but they didn't look that devastating and Holt didn't look to be in serious trouble, he was visibly hurt but he was leaning over. It also this seemed to be a good fight and back and forth action and IMO you sometimes have to let the fight go on a bit. Even when the ref stopped it Holt was throwing a punch and didn't look wobbly at all.

Quick/bad stoppage from what I could see.

Holt/Torres highlights
falvoa
QUOTE(hardhead @ Sep 3 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]356126[/snapback]
I watched the end of the fight and some highlights and Holt knocked Torres down twice, then Torres came back in the 10th(or 11th) I think and caught Holt with a left hook and Holt went down, he got up and was in the corner covering up and did get hit with a some punches but they didn't look that devastating and Holt didn't look to be in serious trouble, he was visibly hurt but he was leaning over. It also this seemed to be a good fight and back and forth action and IMO you sometimes have to let the fight go on a bit. Even when the ref stopped it Holt was throwing a punch and didn't look wobbly at all.

Quick/bad stoppage from what I could see.

Holt/Torres highlights

thanks for the link to the footage hardhead.

Yeah, seemed to be a bit of a quick stoppage but Holt did seem stunned. I wouldn't have stopped it but you can never be too carefull with some of these pussy refs, not jus in one country but all over the world. Holt did get caught wit a nice left hook and he was seriously hurt the first time he went down, so even if the bout was perhaps stopped prematurely, I still think Torres deserves credit for the win. Oh yeah, and I didn't see no leg grabbing in that 11th round like Holt's folks said.

Still sad that my north jerz fighter couldnt pull it off.

He'll fight on though

aggressive.gif
BigG
Holt seemed like he was on his way to getting stopped anyway....but they should still rematch. From what I've read...Holt was WHOOPING his ass before getting stopped.
dj necrogenic
From what Ive read, someone in Torres corner was also holding Kendalls foot when he got knocked down
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I read an interview with Kendall and his manager on fightnews. From the sounds of it, it was nuts over there. Id have to see the fight though to see if all that was said was true though. I heard he got hit in the eye with a beer can when he knocked torres down, and that somebody pulled on his leg in the 11th round. However, I also heard that Holt was ahead on two scorecards, and that Torres was ahead on the other. So maybe the bout was more competitive than Holt made it seem. Id have to see it though to make judgement.
Kyle
X3_Bazooka_X3
might have been a bit too quick though we dont know what the ref saw in holts eyes perhaps he was hurt worse than it looked, A rematch should happen since they are claiming the crowd was hostile.
Jack 1000
I have only seen the 11th round. (on YouTube)

I will review the rest of the fight later. It was a very bad stoppage. Yes, Holt was hurt, but the ref did not follow the rules which REQUIRE a time out in the action whenever a ring becomes slippery forcing a danger to the official and boxers. Time should have been called and the debris and water should have been cleared from the ring before action resumes. Not as bad as Bowe-Golota I at least from what I could see, (and you can't really see as much as you would like to see on a small video like this.) A large screen and good VCR/DVD tape of the fight with several times needed to pause and take notes is needed for all that went down. If a crowd can not be controlled making it impossible for action to resume, I would force a no contest in the match. (Not sure what the rules are here.) But a TKO should not have been rewarded when the conditions of the ring are considered dangerous. The WBO is considering a review of the fight. They may order a rematch, with the stipulation that the winner of the second fight would than fight Katsidas in his next mandatory defense. (According to Fightnews.)

Jack
hardhead
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Sep 8 2007, 01:21 AM) [snapback]356474[/snapback]
I have only seen the 11th round. (on YouTube)

I will review the rest of the fight later. It was a very bad stoppage. Yes, Holt was hurt, but the ref did not follow the rules which REQUIRE a time out in the action whenever a ring becomes slippery forcing a danger to the official and boxers. Time should have been called and the debris and water should have been cleared from the ring before action resumes. Not as bad as Bowe-Golota I at least from what I could see, (and you can't really see as much as you would like to see on a small video like this.) A large screen and good VCR/DVD tape of the fight with several times needed to pause and take notes is needed for all that went down. If a crowd can not be controlled making it impossible for action to resume, I would force a no contest in the match. (Not sure what the rules are here.) But a TKO should not have been rewarded when the conditions of the ring are considered dangerous. The WBO is considering a review of the fight. They may order a rematch, with the stipulation that the winner of the second fight would than fight Katsidas in his next mandatory defense. (According to Fightnews.)

Jack

Jack i watched the whole fight and I think Holt DESERVES an IMMEDIATE rematch without question(not in Columbia), I had Torres winning 3 rounds at best and Holt was not running but boxing and landing hard shots(left hooks, right hands), moving side to side, even landing better when he was on the ropes at times, nothing like a DLH running, Holt actually hurt Torres several times throughout the fight as late as the 9th round(10th Torres looked stunned). I actually had him winning rounds 1, 2, 3, 6(severely hurt and KD), 7(the entire round Torres was wobbly and hurt), 9, 10 and I thought he was winning the 11th(should've been a KD but ref missed it). Torres best rounds(besides the end) IMO was the 4th and 5th but Holt answered with two BIG rounds. Even in the 10th were Torres came on in the last 30 seconds and landed a body shot and had Holt on the ropes, Holt answered with his own left hook right hand combo that momentarily stunned Torres, I gave that round to Holt because he did great work in the beginning of the round and was winning easily. Even in the 11th he was landing still and was winning the round till he got caught. I certainly believe it was a combination of a few body shots from Torres and also Holt trying to catch a second wind just as it look Torres had caught his at the end of the 10th round, a few people make it seem like Holt was running for dear life when I saw it as a guy that was still in control and a little weary and trying catching his second wind(winning the fight and had dropped Torres big in round 6) when he got caught.

This is not even disgussing the referring job(a few possible KD's missed IMO) and the judges scorecard(one of them had Torres up two points...????) he should never judge again, the other two had Holt up I believe.

I couldn't see a good angle to get a view of people grabbing Holt's legs but you can CLEARLY see objects be thrown towards the ring and what appears to be beer and cans flying into the ring, that much is fact and I don't see why his camp would make the rest of it up, like a few have suggested(his wife and corner were pelted with a objects from the crowd). It was definitely a wild scene and I think the referee got caught up in all of that emotion and pulled the trigger way too fast, it was like he gave Holt no chance, at the first sign of him being really hurt he stepped in. I watched the entire fight and really don't have any interest in either fighter but I still stand by my opinion that it was a bad stoppage, was it the worst ever, of course not but that's not saying much in this sport, a bad stoppage is a bad stoppage, some more then others but it's still the same thing.

If anything Holt made a mistake by not jumping on Torres in the 7th round, Torres was wobbly and hurt almost the entire round from Holt lets and right and from the round before.

Here's the entire fight...Torres/Holt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.