Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Witter vs. Harris
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dj necrogenic
Witter KO's Harris in the 7th. Harris was down in the 4th twice (one ruled a push)
gods son
i watched it live via stream..

witter the hitter was good, very awkward, stylish and power!!

night night harris...

BigG
Good win for Witter.

I still think Malinaggi is the best Jnr.Welter in the world today.
gods son
is it playing on delay schedule in the US???

good fight..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 7 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]356447[/snapback]
Good win for Witter.

I still think Malinaggi is the best Jnr.Welter in the world today.

What males Maglianni the best JR welter George? If anything Witter just reminded everyone that he deserves a title shot more than anyone at 140.
MarzB
I found out this fight will be coming on CCTV on SOPCAST but I'm not certain of the time. Great win for Witter and as for Harris, I think he can move up to welterweight and be a gatekeeper for the most part.
BigG
Malinaggi shutout NDou.....the same person who gave Cotto and Witter hell.

With Hatton out of 140 I think Paulie would beat everyone....the guys got speed and skills.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 7 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]356458[/snapback]
Malinaggi shutout NDou.....the same person who gave Cotto and Witter hell.

With Hatton out of 140 I think Paulie would beat everyone....the guys got speed and skills.

Witter has speed too. Plus power.
Maxy
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 7 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]356465[/snapback]
Witter has speed too. Plus power.

Definitely. Plus he's elusive. I'd take him to beat most fighters at 140 right now. This was an impressive performance from the "Hitter".
blackbelt2003
Terrific fight for Witter. His reflexes were as sharp as ever, and his speed was phenomenal.

The knockout shot was one of the best of the year, Harris went down like he'd been shot with a 12 gauge at close range in the face.

It's close between Witter and Malignaggi...but I think you have to go with Witter seeing as Paulie's best fight is against a guy who Witter beat a couple years ago. With Hatton now departed for 147 lbs (again), the fight everyone should get at 140 is Malignaggi-Witter...but not straight away.

Let's build it up...neither man is losing for a few more years any how. Get Witter-Rees to unify the WBC/WBA portions, get a big name like Dmitriy Salita in with Malignaggi (think how that would sell at the Garden!), and then put the two winners in for the undisputed title.

And there's still some decent contenders left afterwards to challenge for the world belt, like Jose Luis Castillo (if he doesn't retire), Ricardo Torres, Kendall Holt, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Lamont Peterson and Panchito Bojado. All of those would be decent fights!

Black
Jack 1000
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Sep 8 2007, 03:31 AM) [snapback]356558[/snapback]
Terrific fight for Witter. His reflexes were as sharp as ever, and his speed was phenomenal.

The knockout shot was one of the best of the year, Harris went down like he'd been shot with a 12 gauge at close range in the face.

It's close between Witter and Malignaggi...but I think you have to go with Witter seeing as Paulie's best fight is against a guy who Witter beat a couple years ago. With Hatton now departed for 147 lbs (again), the fight everyone should get at 140 is Malignaggi-Witter...but not straight away.
Let's build it up...neither man is losing for a few more years any how. Get Witter-Rees to unify the WBC/WBA portions, get a big name like Dmitriy Salita in with Malignaggi (think how that would sell at the Garden!), and then put the two winners in for the undisputed title.

And there's still some decent contenders left afterwards to challenge for the world belt, like Jose Luis Castillo (if he doesn't retire), Ricardo Torres, Kendall Holt, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Lamont Peterson and Panchito Bojado. All of those would be decent fights!
Black

Good choices Black,

Except I think that Castillo is finished based on the Hatton fight and should retire. A Torres-Holt rematch may be ordered by the WBO because of the ref not calling time to clean up the shit that was thrown into the ring that led to the quick stoppage more than the punch Holt got caught with! (I heard Katsidas may be after that as a mandatory, WOW!) Malignaggi IMO would be Witter's toughest fight.

Jack
Tha Docta
is it me or does narris never give any of his opponents any respect when he fights? the guy is huge for 140lbs yet likes to get inside and expose his chin.
Blayde
Harris had to do something... Witter was too quick for him on the outside.
The CEO
I just wanted to say I'm happy Harris got KOed...he's a piece of crap.

Remember when he was hyped as if he WAS gonna be somebody..haha.gif

VIVA MAUSSA!!
Fitz
Remember people thought that this Harris guy could beat Tszyu? lmao.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 8 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]356460[/snapback]
Fucking hell. Vivian is such a piece of shit, don't know why I would ever show him any respect after getting KO'ed from that retarded fighter.
I'm just kind of pissed because I had him in one of my multi's (parlay's to you Americans) and thought he may be a live underdog as I think very little of Witter also.

More fool you betting on Harris the hoax. Did Carlos "the magic assasin" Maussa teach you nothing?

QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]356659[/snapback]
Remember people thought that this Harris guy could beat Tszyu? lmao.

Oh yeah I remember those clowns.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 9 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]356664[/snapback]
More fool you betting on Harris the hoax. Did Carlos "the magic assasin" Maussa teach you nothing?
Oh yeah I remember those clowns.

Yeah I know, I was kind of stupid. I just remember watching Witter fight about 3 or so fights ago (haven't seen him since that fight though) and he looked like utter shit. Vivian's odds looked a little inviting as I didn't think much of Witter (I may change my mind if I watch his more recent fights). But as soon as I processed my bet, I was like......."man, I'm a little concerned about the Harris fight". Turns out I should have followed my instinct.
Missed out on about $730, as I had.
-Collingwood to beat Sydney by under 40 (tick)
-Hawthorn to beat Adelaide by under 40 (tick)
-Melbourne Victory to Draw with Adelaide Unite (tick)
-Hamilton to finish in the top 3 in the F1 GP tonight (waiting)
-Vivian Harris to beat Junior Witter (WRONG)
BigG
LOL...I kinda liked Harris. He talked trash...but he was the type of guy that would duck NO ONE. But the guy is clearly far from elite.
Maxy
It wasn't so long ago that some people here said he could beat Hatton. Even after his shambolic display against Maussa. Tut tut.

Vivian Harris is done.
Big Slim Sweet
It wasn't so long ago some people were implying Floyd Mayweather wanted nothing to do with Harris.
The CEO
Tszyu would have dominated and embarrassed Harris...maybe even worse than Maussa did...

I hope Harris ends up walkin' the streets and suckin' dongs for crack...

laugh.gif
BigG
Oh man....that Maussa-Harris fight was HILLARIOUS.

Harris landed a hundred right hand hands early, Maussa just shrugged every one of them off.

The flying headbutt was hillarious. Ref didnt even warn Maussa after that.

Who can forget the ground punch. Shit was GANGSTA.

The press conference 2 days before the fight was really heated. Gatti didn't show up and Mayweather-Harris were talking shit. Harris called Mayweather a faggot.
The CEO
laugh.gif

You don't have to remind ME...that fight is branded in my cerebellum 'til the day I die...
hardhead
Great win for Witter. I didn't see the entire fight(I saw the KO and harris was hurt bad, he didn't even try to get up) but from everything I read it was impressive.

moscow bear
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 10 2007, 01:05 AM) [snapback]356789[/snapback]
Oh man....that Maussa-Harris fight was HILLARIOUS.

Harris landed a hundred right hand hands early, Maussa just shrugged every one of them off.

The flying headbutt was hillarious. Ref didnt even warn Maussa after that.

Who can forget the ground punch. Shit was GANGSTA.

The press conference 2 days before the fight was really heated. Gatti didn't show up and Mayweather-Harris were talking shit. Harris called Mayweather a faggot.

he also called him Gayweather which was very funny coming from a grown-up man....
doomeddisciple
Read Harris' excuse fest on boxingtalk. Pa-thetic.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 9 2007, 08:46 AM) [snapback]356670[/snapback]
-Collingwood to beat Sydney by under 40 (tick)
-

You got lucky there Sydney should have been beaten by more from what I saw. Still you know Collingwood won't make the GF anyway unlike the mighty Eagles & hopefully the Storm as they are the two most deserving teams.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(doomeddisciple @ Sep 11 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]357000[/snapback]
Read Harris' excuse fest on boxingtalk. Pa-thetic.

Jesusfuckingchrist! What a bitch he & the G man are two old women crying foul. I see why he wanted food money though because he is a broke mutha fucker that can't afford to eat. The best was "injected him with something" laugh.gif .
blackbelt2003
I've just read it, and I have to say that Vivian Harris is a punk.

He was comprehensively outboxed, outhit and knocked out.

When watching it live on TV I noticed that Witter's cornermen entered the ring early, ata bout the count of '8', but Harris was down and wasn't getting up. It was naughty of them and the WBC/BBBC should have a word with them about it, but it in no way influenced the fight. At '10' Harris was still in a prone position trying to pull himself up the ropes.

He is a bad loser, and should be made to pay for those comments he made.

The problem is, others are going to read his bullshit comments and use it as an excuse not to leave America to fight overseas. It's all crap.

Black
moscow bear
lol, what would Gayweather do to him, if they fought?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Sep 11 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]357011[/snapback]
lol, what would Gayweather do to him, if they fought?

That would be one fight that I would root for the Gay one in. 11.9 rounds of eating a jab with a crisp KO would satisfy me.
buford54
I have to say, Harris is such a whiner that even if his current accusations were completely true, and Witter had shot up w/ roids right in front of him, and Witter's team had snuck sleeping pills into Harris' water bottle, I STILL wouldn't feel bad for him.
He talks SO much crap, and then whines SO loudly after he looks like crap.

How does he know that Witter isn't that strong usually? How did he know that Witter was so much weaker than him before the fight and then he is superman during the fight? Was he sparring w/ Witter to prepare for the fight?
I swear, Vivian, be a man.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(buford54 @ Sep 11 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]357017[/snapback]
I have to say, Harris is such a whiner that even if his current accusations were completely true, and Witter had shot up w/ roids right in front of him, and Witter's team had snuck sleeping pills into Harris' water bottle, I STILL wouldn't feel bad for him.
He talks SO much crap, and then whines SO loudly after he looks like crap.

How does he know that Witter isn't that strong usually? How did he know that Witter was so much weaker than him before the fight and then he is superman during the fight? Was he sparring w/ Witter to prepare for the fight?
I swear, Vivian, be a man.

as much as i hate the complaining, i can understand why fighters convince themselves that something out of the ordinary happened. sounds like bitching, but psychologically it can allow you to continue your career and keep a little confidence. and as much of a complaining bitch as harris is, for some reason i still root for him. maybe its time for him to move up to 147lbs though cause those pelican legs arent going to hold up at 140lbs.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 11 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]357001[/snapback]
You got lucky there Sydney should have been beaten by more from what I saw. Still you know Collingwood won't make the GF anyway unlike the mighty Eagles & hopefully the Storm as they are the two most deserving teams.

Collingwood won't win the Grand Final, first off we play West Coast ay Subiaco this week (which is a 50/50 considering the injuries they have) and even if we do get past them, we have Geelong waiting for us in the preliminary final. They just pumped the Kangaroos by 106 points, that is ridiculous. Still, the Eagles won't make the Grand Final, let alone win it. They have no midfield, there 3 best players are out. No Kerr, Cousins or Judd (Judd is not even worth playing, not sure why they play him with an injury, he is playing at like 40%).
Fitz
Oh yeah, Vivian Harris is ghey.
gods son
Harris is a mark azz bytch!
he got knocked out and he still complaining like it went to points on decision and got robbed?? lol
Tha Docta
QUOTE(gods son @ Sep 11 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]357028[/snapback]
Harris is a mark azz bytch!
he got knocked out and he still complaining like it went to points on decision and got robbed?? lol

just read his interview. and that shit is hilarious.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 11 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]357025[/snapback]
Collingwood won't win the Grand Final, first off we play West Coast ay Subiaco this week (which is a 50/50 considering the injuries they have) and even if we do get past them, we have Geelong waiting for us in the preliminary final. They just pumped the Kangaroos by 106 points, that is ridiculous. Still, the Eagles won't make the Grand Final, let alone win it. They have no midfield, there 3 best players are out. No Kerr, Cousins or Judd (Judd is not even worth playing, not sure why they play him with an injury, he is playing at like 40%).

I did not mean the West Coke Eagles I meant the mighty Manly Sea Eagles! I got Grand Final box tickets too WOOO!
hardhead
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 11 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]357013[/snapback]
That would be one fight that I would root for the Gay one in. 11.9 rounds of eating a jab with a crisp KO would satisfy me.

WHAT?? The apocalypse would be upon us if that happened...hahahahahaha
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 12 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]357107[/snapback]
I did not mean the West Coke Eagles I meant the mighty Manly Sea Eagles! I got Grand Final box tickets too WOOO!

Haha, my bad.
dj necrogenic
Will everyone please note the Dj put SPOILER in the title so everyone knew... I am therefore better and smarter that Greg Peon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.