Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any1 watchin Judah on FNFs?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Southeastpaw
Interesting 1st round.
Southeastpaw
Came and went....lol

Zab was in control and focused. Didn't come out swingin like crazy lookin for a KO. Vasquez lookin pretty good. I give Zab the first round by a thin margin, same with the second, but Zab won the third wide. Vasquz does not look discouraged and is moving to his left. Lookin liike Zab is getting stronger though.

Southeastpaw
I am impressed with Zab a bit in this bout. This is a guy that he would used to blow his load in the 1st trying to KO him. But he is coming on stronger and stronger landing very good shots on Vasquez and lookin like he is gunna KO him amy time now. But Vasquez is definitely game. No fear in Vasquez and looks pretty goos himself. Zab is just so fast. I think that even in his loss to Cotto, it has given Zab some confidence and maturity.
Southeastpaw
Zab got cut at the end of round 4 and has seemed to have let off the gas since then. Roy Jones Jr is sitting with Joe and Teddy and sayin that Tito should not last more than 4 rounds. Roy sayin that he is impressed with Zab and thinkin that Zab is keepin this guy around to get in rounds. lol
salvador
Zab needs, at the very minimum, one more undercard type of fight. He NEEDS a ko before getting back into the swing of things. If I were him, I'd fight twice before the end of the year, outbox Baldomir in March, and then fight Cintron next summer.
thefloatingmonkey
Zab totally outclassed the guy, but Zab didn't look good, not like he looked in the Cotto fight where he was well prepared. I don't think he trains well for these fights.
BigG
Judah looked fast, flashy, sharp...he looked good. He did some good body work. Vazquez had a good chin....he took some brual uppercuts.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 8 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]356564[/snapback]
Judah looked fast, flashy, sharp...he looked good. He did some good body work. Vazquez had a good chin....he took some brual uppercuts.

judah has got to keep his hands up. vazquez was tagging him with jabs and right hands that should have easily been blocked. i thought judah looked ok, but he needs to tighten up that defense.
MarzB
I know that he probably wanted to get some rounds in but if he would have threw more combinations he could have gotten him out. He too often looks for that left uppercut and is content with landing it and not following it up with a right hook which was there for him all through the night.

When he double jabbed or jabbed to the body, Vasquez was open for follow up lefts that Zab didn't follow through on. He used to throw more combos and now it seems he either looks for knockout shots or punches one at a time.

His attributes are still there (speed and power) but I wish he'd employ more combos at a time and then set up a knockout rather than looking for it.

The one good thing I saw he added though is a body attack..

Southeastpaw
Zab told Teddy that he hurt his left hand and that is why he could not finish him. Sucks, cause that is his dice hand as well.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 8 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]356572[/snapback]
Zab told Teddy that he hurt his left hand and that is why he could not finish him. Sucks, cause that is his dice hand as well.

Not sure I really buy the hurt hand thing. Zab said that he hurt the hand and couldn't throw it after, but Zab was throwing the left with knockout intentions right up until the end of the fight. I saw NO decrease in Zab's output with the left or the conviction that he threw it with.

I don't buy that he was just "trying to get rounds in" either, because it seemed pretty clear to me that from about the 3rd round on he was trying to stop the guy with big shots whenever he saw an opportunity, it's just that Vasquez was durable and wouldn't go away.

Overall decent performance for Zab, I'd give him a B. He went in there and got the win but I didn't think that he looked as impressive as he should have for an ESPN caliber fight.

Jones' comments about Trinidad were pretty cool. I also liked the multiple interviews with special guests Mosley and Cotto. I actually thought the interviews were the highlights of the night, not Judah's fight.

Elijah
I didn't think Zab looked very good at all in this fight. The old Zab would have had this guy out within 6 rounds. He used to pressure his opponents with a combination of his speed and power and was much more explosive. This fight he didn't even seem like he wanted to engage with Vasquez. Very lethargic tonight. He was also cryin everytime he got accidentally hit with something other than Vasquez gloves. It's a boxing match Zab not ballet. Tired of this guys crying in the ring. He did that way too much against Cotto too. He's lucky Vasquez doesn't have much power. He landed WAY too many jabs and right hands on Zab. Jabs especially. If Vasquez would have done something other than jab then try to go to the body (fought too one dimensional) Zab would have been in trouble. Zab was just tryin to flurry at the end of the rounds and steal them. Tryin to potshot with uppercuts and counter too much instead of being the aggressor in the fight. I wasn't impressed at all. Not exactly the way to bounce back from the Cotto fight on FNFs.
_iodine_
I don't remember Zab crying about anything. He did take a brief hike away from Vazquez when he got hit in the mouth with Vazquez' head, but he didn't complain or "cry" about it.

Overall, as far as Zab's performances go, I thought he did well maintaining his focus and composure throughout the night. While it is true that there was a lot more he could have done, just the ability to stay focused for the full 10 was a big step in the right direction.

This was a good experience for him. He had a very game, very disciplined guy in front of him that wouldn't go away and he had to accept and adapt to that which allowed him to coast to a comfortable points win. Had he got Vazquez out of there in the 2nd round, his ego would probably have gone soaring back up into the clouds, too high for his own good. Instead, he learned, once again, that no opponent should be overlooked.
X3_Bazooka_X3
To me Zab didnt look like the same Zab we saw against Spinks in their rematch, and he has to be in that form if he expects to reach the top again I just dont see it happening for Zab at this point in his career, I mean any time a man needs to convince himself off of a beating he took, he is in trouble.
he kept referring to the Cotto fight talking about he has heart and a chin, why does he need to tell himself that to begin with? that there implicates that Zab has had his share of doubts about himself all together and probably still does.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Sep 8 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]356599[/snapback]
I don't remember Zab crying about anything. He did take a brief hike away from Vazquez when he got hit in the mouth with Vazquez' head, but he didn't complain or "cry" about it.

Overall, as far as Zab's performances go, I thought he did well maintaining his focus and composure throughout the night. While it is true that there was a lot more he could have done, just the ability to stay focused for the full 10 was a big step in the right direction.

This was a good experience for him. He had a very game, very disciplined guy in front of him that wouldn't go away and he had to accept and adapt to that which allowed him to coast to a comfortable points win. Had he got Vazquez out of there in the 2nd round, his ego would probably have gone soaring back up into the clouds, too high for his own good. Instead, he learned, once again, that no opponent should be overlooked.

I concur.

While I don't think Zab hurt his hand that badly, nor do I really believe that he meant to keep him in there for the whole 10 to "get some rounds in", I was also impressed by his focus. He impressed me in the very first round actually. He did not start out crazy like he usually did with a no named opponent. He kept his head and focus. Definitely a step in the right direction. Now, to just get him away from those street dice games and maybe he'll mature fully. LOL
BigG
I still wanna see Zab at 140.....
Southeastpaw
I hear ya George. I think him and Paulie would make for a GREAT fight.
BigG
Yup. And Zab already has a win over the current WBC champion Witter.

I've really become a big fan of Paulie over the last 2 years. Respected the hell out of him after the guts he showed against Cotto.

But IMO Zab is wrong stylewise for Paulie.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]356615[/snapback]

I've really become a big fan of Paulie over the last 2 years. Respected the hell out of him after the guts he showed against Cotto.

I agree that Zab ought to be at 140, but he hasn't got a chance against Malignaggi until he gets his swagger back. Even then I'd take Malignaggi. If Cotto couldn't take Paulie out, Zab won't be able to. And it's hard to imagine a scenario in which Zab wins on points.

The guy Judah fought last night had absolutely nothing on his punches, had no speed, and very little head movement and yet Judah was still too afraid to unload on him except in a few spots. The only way Judah will ever be able to compete at the highest level again is if his starts throwing that straight left hand with the understanding that he's either getting the ko or he's getting ko'd trying. Any other form of Zab Judah will always lose to top guys, and Malignaggi is a top guy.

If Judah was going to move back to 140 he would have done it by now. I'm sure from his point of view there's more money fighting one more big name at 147 than there is in any 2 or maybe even any 3 fights at 140 (except, of course, for Hatton).
BigG
Good point. Paulie is a tough guy. But then again, his style might be perfect for Zab. Paulie doens't pressure people...he boxes from the outside ala Spinks.

Wouldn't be suprised if Zab stopped him.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 8 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]356622[/snapback]
Good point. Paulie is a tough guy. But then again, his style might be perfect for Zab. Paulie doens't pressure people...he boxes from the outside ala Spinks.

Wouldn't be suprised if Zab stopped him.

The thing about Zab and Spinks is that Zab should have ko'd him the first time and he should have ko'd him earlier than he did in the second fight. Zab was too fast and too powerful for Spinks and yet Zab wasn't throwing that straight left hand like he should have until too late.

I've said it too many times here, but Zab has never been the same since Tszyu. What a difference one punch can make in a great fighter's career.
BigG
And Spinks argaubaly beat the undisputed Middleweight champion in his last fight. The win over Spinks was a ELITE win IMO.....Spinks is a very good fighter.

I love both Malinaggi and Zab but if they ever fight, I got Zab by stoppage late.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]356615[/snapback]

Even with the Zab today, I agree BG. Zab is a stylistic nightmare for Mags. Paulie does not have the power or pressure to get into Zab's head and keep him honest. I can see Zab stopping Mags.
salvador
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 9 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]356649[/snapback]
Even with the Zab today, I agree BG. Zab is a stylistic nightmare for Mags. Paulie does not have the power or pressure to get into Zab's head and keep him honest. I can see Zab stopping Mags.

Are you kidding? Did you watch the fight on Friday with Vasquez? What did Vasquez (22-11 w/8 kos) have to keep Zab honest? What did Spinks have to keep Zab honest? What did Baldomir have to keep Zab honest?

Zab is fighting scared. He needs at least 2 more easy wins to build his confidence before he gets in the ring with a guy like Malignaggi, who will counter him like a surgeon all night long.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 9 2007, 02:07 AM) [snapback]356651[/snapback]
Are you kidding? Did you watch the fight on Friday with Vasquez? What did Vasquez (22-11 w/8 kos) have to keep Zab honest? What did Spinks have to keep Zab honest? What did Baldomir have to keep Zab honest?

Zab is fighting scared. He needs at least 2 more easy wins to build his confidence before he gets in the ring with a guy like Malignaggi, who will counter him like a surgeon all night long.

if paulie has the balls to face zab, then zab should jump all over this fight. zab would run paulie out of the ring. since when is paulie a world beater? the guy cant crack an egg shell with his punches.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 9 2007, 02:07 AM) [snapback]356651[/snapback]

I believe Zab has to "get up" for fights and often fights to the level of his opponent. Vasquez looked pretty drable, and Zab still looked good in there. I'm talkin styles. Zab "should" beat Paulie up and down the ring.
salvador
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 9 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]356691[/snapback]
I believe Zab has to "get up" for fights and often fights to the level of his opponent. Vasquez looked pretty drable, and Zab still looked good in there. I'm talkin styles. Zab "should" beat Paulie up and down the ring.

Vasquez was slow and had no power. Any other top ww would have destroyed him. And Zab, if he was the same Zab who believed in his power and his speed, could have done the same, but Zab's ego has been cracked. And Zab ain't gonna beat any serious contender, Malignaggi included, until he believes in himself again.
_iodine_
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 8 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]356624[/snapback]
The thing about Zab and Spinks is that Zab should have ko'd him the first time and he should have ko'd him earlier than he did in the second fight. Zab was too fast and too powerful for Spinks and yet Zab wasn't throwing that straight left hand like he should have until too late.

I've said it too many times here, but Zab has never been the same since Tszyu. What a difference one punch can make in a great fighter's career.

I don't understand your logic here. It is unfair to both Zab and Spinks to say Zab should have KOd Spinks right away. Since when is Spinks that easy a target? Since when has Spinks EVER been KOd for that matter?
salvador
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Sep 9 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]356753[/snapback]
I don't understand your logic here. It is unfair to both Zab and Spinks to say Zab should have KOd Spinks right away. Since when is Spinks that easy a target? Since when has Spinks EVER been KOd for that matter?

If you watched the first Spinks fight then you saw that when Zab was aggressive he did damage. The problem was that he was getting countered and Zab got timid. It wasn't until the end of the fight that Zab finally had Spinks hurt and by then it was too late and Zab lost because of it. If Zab had been aggressive throughout the fight, Spinks would have been ko'd without a doubt. But Zab just didn't have the confidence to let his left hand go enough.

And Spinks was ko'd by Judah in the rematch.
_iodine_
Fair enough, but the could-haves, would-haves and, in this case, the Should-haves are all nothing but speculation. Judah did ko Spinks in the rematch. I know. And I thought it was a great accomplishment considering nobody had KOd Spinks before that and he's yet to be ko'd since. Give Zab his credit. It may have taken him 21 rounds to get the ko, but Spinks is a very elusive fighter. That's his whole game, and he's pretty damn good at it, regardless of what it might look like to you outside the ring.
Lil-lightsout
Zab Judah is a very inconsistant fighter, you never know who is gonna show up. He looked ordinary Friday night, looked sharp at spots against Cotto, looked terrible against Baldomir, looked real good early on against Mayweather, looked great for Spinks II, struggled with Pinada, and these are just some I could think of in recent years off the top of my head. I agree with an earlier poster who said he has not been the same since Tszyu. Zab is a head case who talks a good game, but deep down he is very insecure.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 9 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]356747[/snapback]
Vasquez was slow and had no power. Any other top ww would have destroyed him. And Zab, if he was the same Zab who believed in his power and his speed, could have done the same, but Zab's ego has been cracked. And Zab ain't gonna beat any serious contender, Malignaggi included, until he believes in himself again.

And Zab should have blown out Baldomir, yet he lost that fight and then went on to lose a very very close fight with the #1 P4P fighter in the sport. Zab also should have clearly beaten Corley. lillightsout is correct in saying that Zab is inconsistent. But I think that if anything, Zab has a bit more confidence after his defeat from Cotto. Zab's mental state just allows him to fight to the level of his opposition and makes it much tougher than it has to be. I believe that Zab would be competitive with anyone around his weightclass. As far as styles go, Zab should try everything in his power to get a fight with Paulie. This is his most winnable matchup against a name guy. Mags would be the biggest name on Zab's W column.
salvador
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 9 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]356808[/snapback]
Zab's mental state just allows him to fight to the level of his opposition and makes it much tougher than it has to be. I believe that Zab would be competitive with anyone around his weightclass. As far as styles go, Zab should try everything in his power to get a fight with Paulie. This is his most winnable matchup against a name guy. Mags would be the biggest name on Zab's W column.

I love Zab and I'll always watch him fight, even if I have to pay for it. I hear what you're saying about his fighting to the level of his opponents, but I think you're wrong when you say that he would be competitive with anyone around his weight class - unless you mean his real weight class of 140.

Zab has the speed and pop to fight anyone at 140, but I don't think Zab will ever have a chance against the bigger guys at 147 like Margarito, Clottey, Williams, or even Cintron. He doesn't have the punch or the chin. The thing is that, even at 140, he'd lose to the top guys right now (Hatton, Mags) because his confidence just isn't there. Zab needs two good kos before getting back in with a top guy. I'm sure he could fit those in before the end of the year. I hope he does.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 10 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]356860[/snapback]
I love Zab and I'll always watch him fight, even if I have to pay for it. I hear what you're saying about his fighting to the level of his opponents, but I think you're wrong when you say that he would be competitive with anyone around his weight class - unless you mean his real weight class of 140.

Zab has the speed and pop to fight anyone at 140, but I don't think Zab will ever have a chance against the bigger guys at 147 like Margarito, Clottey, Williams, or even Cintron. He doesn't have the punch or the chin. The thing is that, even at 140, he'd lose to the top guys right now (Hatton, Mags) because his confidence just isn't there. Zab needs two good kos before getting back in with a top guy. I'm sure he could fit those in before the end of the year. I hope he does.

i agree that zab needs a couple more wins, but i dont think KO's are helping him at this point. he needs to learn how to win a 12rd decision if hes going to be successful at 147. thinking KO all the time is what makes judah fade during fights and lose his focus. i also agree that he should be at 140, where he would have a little more power. but i think hes gonna stay at 147, which is a terrible decision in my opinion.
Southeastpaw
Sal, you and docta are right about 147. I shoulda said 140. Guys like Williams and Margarito would most definitely be nightmares for Judah. But I can see a confident Zab beating both Hatton and Paulie. I still think he can beat Paulie. He has the skill, power, and speed to rule the division, it's just sad that his mentallity is of a juvenile delinquent.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 10 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]356864[/snapback]
Sal, you and docta are right about 147. I shoulda said 140. Guys like Williams and Margarito would most definitely be nightmares for Judah. But I can see a confident Zab beating both Hatton and Paulie. I still think he can beat Paulie. He has the skill, power, and speed to rule the division, it's just sad that his mentallity is of a juvenile delinquent.

a fight with paulie would be great for zab. i think zab would KO paulie. i can also picture zab lifting hattons head off his shoulders with an uppercut. but at 147, he has to fight his ass off for 12 rounds. unless he really fills out to be a legit 147 pounder, he is going to always have a tough time with the large 147lb fighters.
Lil-lightsout
At 140lbs, Judah is no. 1 or 2 in the division. Hatton might give him trouble with his pressure and wrestling tactics, but he would beat Paulie IMO. Zab at 147lbs, there are just too many fighters that will give him problems. If he his able to make 140lbs comfortably, I see no reason for him to leave that weight class.
buford54
Zab will never beat anyone that has an actual gameplan. Zab believes that his natural skill is enough to beat anyone.
But the guys that he fights come in w/ plans to go deep with him.
Zab always looks great for 4-5 rounds and then doesn't show anything new or amend his plan at all...and his father in his corner just beat-boxes...he doesn't provide any strategy.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(buford54 @ Sep 10 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]356878[/snapback]
Zab will never beat anyone that has an actual gameplan. Zab believes that his natural skill is enough to beat anyone.
But the guys that he fights come in w/ plans to go deep with him.
Zab always looks great for 4-5 rounds and then doesn't show anything new or amend his plan at all...and his father in his corner just beat-boxes...he doesn't provide any strategy.

i think everyone is in agreement that yoel judah needs to be replaced. the guy might not be a bad trainer, but for some reason he is completely unable to motivate zab during a fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Sep 10 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]356879[/snapback]
i think everyone is in agreement that yoel judah needs to be replaced. the guy might not be a bad trainer, but for some reason he is completely unable to motivate zab during a fight.

Well he's stupid, for one. Two, he's unintelligent. Three, the guy's a moron. Four, he's inarticulate, overly excitable and reactionary. And five he's dumb.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 10 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]356886[/snapback]
Well he's stupid, for one. Two, he's unintelligent. Three, the guy's a moron. Four, he's inarticulate, overly excitable and reactionary. And five he's dumb.

i think hes stupid as well, but i do believe the man knows a thing or two about fighting. i just think zabs too confortable with yoel in his corner. he needs someone that can motivate him.
salvador
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Sep 10 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]356889[/snapback]
i think hes stupid as well, but i do believe the man knows a thing or two about fighting. i just think zabs too confortable with yoel in his corner. he needs someone that can motivate him.

It comes down to the fundamentals.

If you look at golf or tennis, it used to be that there would always be a few top guys with unorthodox swings like Lee Travino, but not anymore because the level of competition has advanced to a point that talent is not enough. The fundamentals of a perfect swing are now the bare minimum of what a pro needs to compete. Boxing has just about reached that point.

Zab relied too long on his coordination and his speed and power and never spent enough time on the basics because he didn't have to. For years he could get away with his talent alone, in spite of his unorthodox style. But talent alone isn't enough at the upper tier of the sport and the problem is that his father never taught him the fundamentals of the sport well enough for Zab to fall back on them. His foundation, thanks to the inadequate teachings of his father, can never be fixed. He's 29 and he's going to fight the way he fights and it'll never be enough to beat the top guys at 147 - in spite of the fact that he's at least as fast as any of them and probably the most coordinated of all of them. It's a shame and Yoel is to blame.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 10 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]356896[/snapback]
It comes down to the fundamentals.

If you look at golf or tennis, it used to be that there would always be a few top guys with unorthodox swings like Lee Travino, but not anymore because the level of competition has advanced to a point that talent is not enough. The fundamentals of a perfect swing are now the bare minimum of what a pro needs to compete. Boxing has just about reached that point.

Zab relied too long on his coordination and his speed and power and never spent enough time on the basics because he didn't have to. For years he could get away with his talent alone, in spite of his unorthodox style. But talent alone isn't enough at the upper tier of the sport and the problem is that his father never taught him the fundamentals of the sport well enough for Zab to fall back on them. His foundation, thanks to the inadequate teachings of his father, can never be fixed. He's 29 and he's going to fight the way he fights and it'll never be enough to beat the top guys at 147 - in spite of the fact that he's at least as fast as any of them and probably the most coordinated of all of them. It's a shame and Yoel is to blame.

i dont put the blame entirely on yoel. i think at this point in zabs career, he needs a change. i dont think yoel is the one that told zab to keep his hands around his waist when fighting tszyu. and even though the man screams alot of gibberish in between rounds, i usually agree with what he tells zab. yoel cannot change zabs mental weaknesses.

even during the floyd fight yoel was screaming for zab to throw more punches and be busier.
singletrack
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Sep 10 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]356901[/snapback]
i dont put the blame entirely on yoel. i think at this point in zabs career, he needs a change. i dont think yoel is the one that told zab to keep his hands around his waist when fighting tszyu. and even though the man screams alot of gibberish in between rounds, i usually agree with what he tells zab. yoel cannot change zabs mental weaknesses.

even during the floyd fight yoel was screaming for zab to throw more punches and be busier.

The Tszue fight was definitely Zab's fault.

But blindly telling Zab to throw more punches (PBF fight) without specifics against the best counter puncher in the game is a death sentence. I think Floyd would have taken him out if not for the long rest after the low blow.

His advice in the Cotto fight was absurd. It was half gibberish and half spit flying in Zabs face - no real substance. Most importantly though IMO, is that he makes Zab scared and confused and incites panic.

All that being said, I wasn't impressed with Zab's performance, but I'm glad he was able to go 10 rounds without fading. If he hurt his hand then that explains some of it, but the injury might delay his next fight. I definitely thought he was getting hit too much against a mediocre fighter. There were definitely a couple of times where he could have ended the fight, but he didn't follow up - maybe the hurt hand or wanting to go the distance...hard to tell.
singletrack
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Sep 10 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]356870[/snapback]
At 140lbs, Judah is no. 1 or 2 in the division. Hatton might give him trouble with his pressure and wrestling tactics, but he would beat Paulie IMO. Zab at 147lbs, there are just too many fighters that will give him problems. If he his able to make 140lbs comfortably, I see no reason for him to leave that weight class.

I don't necessarily agree, even if he can make weight. You have Torres, Malignaggi, Witter, Hatton, Holt, Harris etc. None of those guys would be easy fights for Zab IMO. Junior Welter may be "better", but it is still a deep division. Buuuuut, I'd like to see it happen, because I don't see Zab moving up from his 5th place ranking at Welter, I think he could probably crack top 3 at junior with a new trainer. With Yoel, I think his chances are slim to win any tough fights at this point in his career.
Fitz
Zab is pretty much a 147 Mike Tyson.
neophyte7
Zab needs to get a real trainer. He needs to get with Mayweather SR go to the mountains for 17 weeks and ressurect his mind and body. Yoel and the rest of the ghetto negativity surrounding Zab will only further stunt his career. He hs time now at 29... he needs to get rid of those so called brooklyn thugs. What shame. A man is so blinded and ignorant that he cannot even realize that he has the wrong people around him. ZAB NEEDS TO GET OUT OF BROOKLYN...
Fitz
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Sep 11 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]356978[/snapback]
Zab needs to get a real trainer. He needs to get with Mayweather SR

QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Sep 11 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]356978[/snapback]
Yoel and the rest of the ghetto negativity surrounding Zab will only further stunt his career.

Huh? lol.
salvador
QUOTE(singletrack @ Sep 10 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]356937[/snapback]
I think Floyd would have taken him out if not for the long rest after the low blow.

Floyd never would have risked it against Zab's uppercut. Never.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(singletrack @ Sep 10 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]356937[/snapback]
His advice in the Cotto fight was absurd. It was half gibberish and half spit flying in Zabs face - no real substance. Most importantly though IMO, is that he makes Zab scared and confused and incites panic.

Couldn't agree more. Late in the fight after Zab's starting to absorb a real beatdown, all Yoel can say between rounds is, "Zab!! You got to...You got to rumble with this bitch dawg!!!" He was panicking at the sight of his son losing and had no idea how to try and come up with a strategy for turning things around. His advice basically came down to, 'Stop getting your ass kicked and start kicking some ass instead". Pathetic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.