Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 75: Jackson vs. Henderson: Light-Heavyweight Title
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
FOR ALL USERS: IMPORTANT

TONIGHT FREE ON SPIKE TV IS THE WORLD LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT BETWEEN JACKSON AND HENDERSON SCHEDULED TO BEGIN AT 8 PM CST. THIS IS A TAPE DELAYED BROADCAST FROM LONDON ENGLAND. IF YOU FIND ANY EARLY RESULTS ON LINE PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND DO NOT POST THEM IN THIS THREAD OR ANYPLACE IN THE UFC FORUM! ( Some on-line sites might leak out the results sometime between 4-5pm.) (CST) PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM IF YOU FIND OUT THIS INFORMATION.

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE CARD BEGINS ON SPIKE TV AT 8 PM CST SO THAT WE CAN TREAT THE FIGHTS AS IF THEY ARE LIVE CALLS FOR EVERYONE. THE FANS CAN MAKE THIS A ROUND BY ROUND THREAD AT THAT TIME. USERS CAN FOLLOW ALONG WITH THE ONGOING ACTION JUST LIKE WE HAVE WITH OUR ROUND BY ROUND PINNED UP THREADS IN THE BOXING FORUMS. But again, do not give out any results until fans have had a chance to see them on Spike TV. Thank you!

Everyone is welcome to use this as a preview thread and a Spike TV on going action thread after 8:00 PM CST. But keep the above in mind. This is a HUGE event for MMA (and free!) so don't "spill the beans" for everyone.

Jack

Administrator
Southeastpaw
I'm hyped for this one fellas. I like both these guys, but Jackson has that charisma. Hoping he pulls this one out in dynamic fashion.
Don Flamenco
I was hyped for it until...

Thanks Jorge! fuk.gif
BigG
laugh.gif I'm sorry man. I REALLY am......big fuck up by me. I'ma make up to you somehow in WeBL..

And warning guys,

There is a SPOILER in the news thing on the upper right of the board.

Enjoy the fights fellas.
Don Flamenco
Nah dude it's cool. laugh.gif You've already made it up to me by putting Ward against Dick.

The return of Butkiss!
The CEO
That was a shell of Cro Cop....he's halfway downhill...he sure was awesome in his day...
The CEO
I like Bisping...but he didn't deserve a "W"...Hamill dominated the 1st round (pretty near a 10-8 round if Boxing scoring was used)...the 2nd round was fairly even with a lean to Hamill...the 3rd was very even....

A Draw would have been the MAXIMUM for Bisping iMo...one could easily have had it MD, SD, or even UD for Hamill...in fact, one judge did give him the UD....

Home cookin'. I hate that shit.
STEVENSKI
Dunno if the card has been screened yet but it was PPV out here & was by far the best value PPV I have ever purchased. Every single fight was well matched & quality. If UFC can keep it up with thse type of cards it could well take over boxing with it's pathetic matchups & worse PPV's.
CyruS
Big win for Rampage cool.gif
STEVENSKI
Lotsa people crying over Hamill. I thought the deaf bastard lost the fight 2-1 but it could have swung the other way. On certain boards there is a distinct bias against non American fighters.
trikke8

I don't c how bisbang won! black eye.gif
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 8 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]356639[/snapback]
I like Bisping...but he didn't deserve a "W"...Hamill dominated the 1st round (pretty near a 10-8 round if Boxing scoring was used)...the 2nd round was fairly even with a lean to Hamill...the 3rd was very even....

A Draw would have been the MAXIMUM for Bisping iMo...one could easily have had it MD, SD, or even UD for Hamill...in fact, one judge did give him the UD....

Home cookin'. I hate that shit.

No way did Bisping even deserve a decision. He lost that fight. That is the worst decision I have seen yet in the UFC. There is no way Bisping won 2 rounds of that fight. NO WAY!

Awesome card by the way. Rampage is my dog. As my wife calls him, "The Wolf Man". LOL She thought that was his name all along. So that is what we call Rampage now. He is the picture perfect champ for the UFC. Good thing Rampage's opponent wasn't from the UK, or else we would have a new UFC lightheavy champ.
Jack 1000
No way did Bisping even deserve a decision. He lost that fight. That is the worst decision I have seen yet in the UFC. There is no way Bisping won 2 rounds of that fight. NO WAY!

CO SIGN! That was terrible! One judge gave Hamill all the rounds as did I.

The card was good quality. It was nice to get some rounds in on some of the fights rather than many of the 1 round blowouts we often see in UFC.

Jack
BigG
Yup. Definitely needs a rematch.

I thought Rampage won 3-1-1.....Good fight fought at a very high level, but Rampage clearly took it. I had it 1-1-1 after 3 and Rampage took the last 2 rounds.

CroCrop might be done.
AKay
Yeah i dont think bisbing won either that was a bad decision.
At best a draw, but Hamill should have won imho.

Woooo Hooo @ quinton!
now we need to get his ass in a chat!

Will

Bill The Butcher
Good card.

I thought Hamill should have got the nod. I think a rematch is needed. Or Bisbing should drop to 185 lbs.

Kongo is going to be a huge threat for any heavyweight, as long as he keeps working on his ground game. I don't think Crocop is done. He is still a great striker, I just think the size advantage with Kongo was a little too much. They were saying he beat big guys like that before, but did they have the same skill as Kongo? Did they press the action? I still see Crocop winning against a lot of those heavyweights in the UFC. At least he didn't get knocked out again.

Rampage impressed me again. He seems to be getting better and better everytime he steps into the octagon. Good win for him last night. I still think he needs to work on his stand up more. But he has definitely improved quite a bit in that category. Henderson fought a good fight too. I just think Rampage was just too big and strong. He seemed to muscle out of some of those submissions and getting off the ground. Henderson should move down to 185 lbs. He would kick ass in that weight division. Even if he stayed at 205 lbs. I think Henderson could possibly beat Rampage on a different night. It's not the impossible.

I want to see Rampage VS. Wanderlei III or Rampage VS. Shogun II. I really don't want to see Rampage VS. Bisbing or Rampage VS. Liddell III (Well, at least not yet.) Or Rampage VS. Couture would be interesting.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(AKay @ Sep 9 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]356694[/snapback]
Yeah i dont think bisbing won either that was a bad decision.
At best a draw, but Hamill should have won imho.

Woooo Hooo @ quinton!
now we need to get his ass in a chat!

Will

A draw wouldn't even be fair. No way was that a draw either. Maybe if one was to look VERY hard they could have given Bisping the 2nd. But if there was anything remotely close to an even round, it was the 2nd. But no way did Bisping win a round and have one even warranting a draw. I had Hamill winning all rounds. That decision was indeed a disgrace. I hate it even more because Bisping is so cocky and Hamill came out gracious in defeat. Bisping is a cocksucker and I hope he gets put to sleep. AAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
The CEO
I'm turning on Bisping too, SEpaw...laugh.gif...he showed his true colors in the post fight interview...KNOWING it was a gift...

Hamill beat him up in the first...threw him around like a rag doll...from then on, Bisping fought scared...he's lucky Hamill started gassing in the middle of the 2nd round...Hamill was indeed extra gracious in defeat...

Bisping will get killed by an impact player...it's just a matter of time.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 9 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]356715[/snapback]
A draw wouldn't even be fair. No way was that a draw either. Maybe if one was to look VERY hard they could have given Bisping the 2nd. But if there was anything remotely close to an even round, it was the 2nd. But no way did Bisping win a round and have one even warranting a draw. I had Hamill winning all rounds. That decision was indeed a disgrace. I hate it even more because Bisping is so cocky and Hamill came out gracious in defeat. Bisping is a cocksucker and I hope he gets put to sleep. AAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

If I were Matt Hamill, I'd be protesting that decision and demading a rematch! Who were the judges? I noticed that they only gave the their names for the main event.

Jack
STEVENSKI
Looks like I had better re watch it as I had Bisping 2-1. A very strong first round to Hamill who faded pretty badly in rounds 2 & 3 with Bisping getting the better of the striking in my recollection. I am starting to question my ability to judge things as I seem to be seeing different fights. I was rooting for Hamill as well.

I had the main event 4-1 with one very close round that could mean 3-2 for Rampage.

I may be losing it I don't know?

Southeastpaw
Hamill was getting gassed in round 2, but Bisping was the one going backwards, was not landing anything significant and was the one being taken down and on his back. He was the beat fighter. Whenever a round is close, and one of the fighters scores a take down, the fighter putting the other fighter on his back "should" get the round. In which Bisping was taken down twice, if I'm not mistaken, in the 3rd. And was also taken down in the 2nd and was dominated in the 1st. Bisping was running the entire fight punching on his heals not landing much of anything significant. I thought it was obvious who the winner was.

I thought you scored the Rampage fight spot on though STEVINSKI.
STEVENSKI
Maybe I put too much stock in Bispings punches but he looked like he was moving nicely & landing some leather unlike Hamill with his wide ala old Tyson like swipes that missed by 3 feet.

A definate rewatch but what a excellent PPV for my money. Every single fight was good & competitive with a anyone can win this one feel to it unlike the mismatches in PPV boxing.

Houston Alexander is a mean mutha. I like him & to my uneducated brain think he can go a long way if he develops some stamina to go with his power.

How is it that he beats down Jardine & Jardine gets a shot at the Iceman? The fact they were hyping this fight was pretty sickening IMO.
Southeastpaw
Jardine and Liddell. It's the battle of the victims of a first round blow-out. Jardin is pretty good. He stopped Forrest Griffin the fight prior to his loss to Alexander.

I wasn't too sure about Alexander after his fight with Jardine. I thought that it might have been a fluke. But his win over Sakara pretty much wiped that away. He is the real deal. Him and Jackson would be a good one.
BigG
I alwyas thought Forest Griffin sucked...
Southeastpaw
I never really thought that he was anything special either BG. But there are plenty of hardcore MMA fans that would disagree. I see Griffin as the Gatti of MMA.
BigG
Yeah same here. Actually he doesn't totally suck...but IMO..FAR from championship quality.
STEVENSKI
I rewstched Bisping vs Hamill & rescored it 3-0 for Hamill although a argument could be made that Bisping won round 3.

Griffin is going to get a world class beating from Rua.
AussieLad
I had it 2 to 1 for hamill.

Easy first round for hamill. The 2nd round was close, but i felt hamill had the better of it. He clearly lost the 3rd though.

Not a shocking decision though. It was a 3 rounder with a round a piece, and a tight 2nd round. It wasnt a robbery, ive seen worse decisions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.