Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vitali Klitschko fight off (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
What a fucking joke. Fuck the cunt.
Fitz
How many times is this guy going to fuck dates up? 5th consecutive time. What a joke.
ghost13
Vitali needs to keep his ass retired and let his brother unified the division
Nay_Sayer
Why am I not surprised. Klitschko = Fraud...
Imperius3
This has been a rough month.

I heard the fight is being rescheduled for later in the fall.
Fitz
I'm not trying to imply that he is faking these injuries, but fuck man. This is 5 times, how can your body keep breaking down this much? Maybe if his body can't keep up, he shouldn't be fighting period. It's just annoying for fans.
Lil-lightsout
I do not know why any promoter/matchmaker would want anything to do with him. He needs to just retire since his body obviously will not let him fight.
Big Slim Sweet
Remember when people were slamming Peter for suing to fight Maskaev first? This was exactly the reason why he did it and he was right for doing so. Vitali's body is just no longer dependable. He's the Mike Brown of boxing (Chicago Bears reference).
Southeastpaw
I'm glad Lewis busted his face up. I would love to hear Lewis bust on Vitali for this next time he's on TV.
salvador
I just hope McCline's lawyers were sharp enough to make sure that he got some kind of money for having his time wasted.
buford54
I'm disppointed, honestly. Vitali was an exciting fighter. He was amaturish in his style, but was very effective and he fought at a very fast pace for such a huge guy.
I think he should just retire and stay out of the game. It's a bummer that he wasn't able to stick around for a while. He was much more exciting than his brother, who is being turned into Lennox Lewis II.
I do think it's funny though that Rahman tried to play the whole "Vitali's scared of me card."
I know that Vitali isn't scared of Jameel McCline, and I think Rahman's showing against Maskaev proved that Vitali wasn't scared of him either.
BGv2.0
I'm shocked to see this! What kind of injury is it supposedly?

Some of his BS is just too much, if you have a MAJOR injury...ok postpone, but if it's some kind of nonsense, even if it's true....some of that shit you fight through it. How many times have we seen a guy go out there and give a great/decent fight..only to find out they went in with an injury....

I've always said he quite like a school girl bitch in the Byrd fight...over a less than career ending injury....this guy just seems to want perfection for every fight...and at his age you're going to find that harder and harder to get.

Hell I hurt myself doing mundane shit like mowing the lawn....and I'm younger than he is. Injuries are a part of the sport...so is fighting through them some time.
CyruS
Jack 1000
He just (at least most of the time) doesn't have the heart to be into fighting. The exception was losing on a cut in a gallant effort to Lewis. But if his body can't take it, he should retire and stay retired.

Jack
Maxy
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Sep 10 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]356888[/snapback]
But if his body can't take it, he should retire and stay retired.

Jack

And that should be the end of it. No comeback talks, nothing.
Fitz
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Sep 11 2007, 04:23 AM) [snapback]356882[/snapback]
I'm shocked to see this! What kind of injury is it supposedly?

It's a back injury.
Fitz
QUOTE(buford54 @ Sep 11 2007, 03:52 AM) [snapback]356876[/snapback]
I do think it's funny though that Rahman tried to play the whole "Vitali's scared of me card."

Agreed. I think this kind of throws Rahman's theory out the window. Vitali was never scared of him and would have crushed Rahman, but his body is letting him down and he is letting boxing fans down in the process.

Anybody think all of these breakdowns in his body is past steroid use coming back to haunt him?
The Original MrFactor
What a surprise...

All that Roiding over the years eventually catches up to you... Expect Wlad to start getting these type of injuries in the years to come...
thehype
I don't think they plan on rescheduling the fight at all.

Tom Loeffler, Managing Director for K2 Promotions, was just on our radio show, The 13th Round, talking about this. He said more than likely, Vitali is just going to wait to face the winner of Peter-Maskaev.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 11 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]357113[/snapback]
I don't think they plan on rescheduling the fight at all.

Tom Loeffler, Managing Director for K2 Promotions, was just on our radio show, The 13th Round, talking about this. He said more than likely, Vitali is just going to wait to face the winner of Peter-Maskaev.

Yeah! Have they thought of the date that he will injure himself for that fight yet and disappoint the fans?
Fitz
You know, I was on the view that Vitali should have got the title fight over Peter as rules are rules. Now this has happened, I have changed my mind and stuff Vitali, looks like the right and deserving guy got the fight.
buford54
I swear that Vitali Klitschko is ruining HW boxing. I really like the guy as a fighter...but by continuing to make fights then pull out with injuries, he continues to make monsters out of mice.
Hassim Rahman was the most "feared HW" in the world because Vitali pulled out of their fight a few times. Of course, neither of his title reigns made it through their first defense...nor did Rahman beat anyone of note after his win over Lewis. But naturally, Vitali was so terrified of the guy that he faced injuries to pull out of their fights, and then gave Rock the title...it was all because of how scary Rahman is.

Now that Rahman has lost the title, the new scariest man in boxing is Jameel McCline, who is claiming that Vitali faked an injury to get out of the fight, because he saw tapes of McCline sparring. Or, was it Vitali revewing the tapes of McCline's 2 year reign of terror over, Calvin Brock (loss), Steve Pannell, Zuri Lawrence (loss), the deadly Andy Sample, Dan Ward, Marcus McGee, Rob Calloway, Marcus Rhode, Terry Smith and Nikolay Valuev (loss). With a combined 91 losses between them, they represent a smiliar resume to that of the other most feared man in boxing's recent resume (in Rahman).

All Vitali would have to do is watch any fight of McCline's to see the abject look of terror every time the guy steps through the ropes. I've never seen such a big man who fights so terrified.

Anyway, Vitali needs to just stay retired, so we won't be subjected to Jameel McCline running around telling the world that he's a new fighter (again) and that he scared Vitali back into retirement, and talk his way into title shots in which he either injures himself, gets boringly outpointed by fighting like a 3-year old girl, or beaten badly for 10 rounds then knocked out.

Or at least Vitali should try to come back and then pull out against a good, up and coming fighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.