Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would like to see Rampage-Cotoure?
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
BigG
I would...

I think Rampage would beat the old man.
thehype
Count me in for that one...I'd watch both of the guys fight anyone, let alone each other.

That being said, I'd rather see 'Page take on Wanderlei Silva again...only because there's so much bad blood between the two, you're guaranteed to get an explosive fight.

More than likely though, we'll probably see 'Page take on the winner of Shogun-Griffin...and Couture will likely face either Nogueira or the winner of Vera-Sylvia.
Bill The Butcher
I would like to see Rampage VS. Couture. And I think Couture would dominate Rampage. Rampage is the man, but Couture is too much for him in my opinion.

I would much rather see Rampage try and get revenge against Shogun and Wanderlei first.
Southeastpaw
First off, I'd love to see this fight. But I think that Randy is more suited for the bigger guys. Randy has great stamina and smoothers these oafs and uses his lack of size to his advantage IMO. I think that 205 is a different story. You got these guys that are very in shape with great stamina as well. Rampage looked good on the ground with Henderson and can whack. I think that Rampage would KO Randy. But Randy has proved me wrong twice in a row recently, so he could do it again. But Jackson is athletic whereas Sylvia and Gonzaga not so much. But who knows in MMA. MMA is VERY unpredictable. Much moreso than boxing.
The CEO
Yeah....I don't plan on betting any dough on big MMA bouts anytime soon...anything can happen....

I'd like to see Couture-Jackson, and I'd give the edge to Rampage...but let me tell you this..

Shogun is coming, and he WILL be the champ at 205 sooner or later...
Southeastpaw
Speaking of Shogun, his brother, Ninja has a fight coming up this saturady with Lawler. This ought to be a good one.
The CEO
I saw that...good fight there...Lawler is alot better than people think....
BigG
Griffin has aboslutely NO chance against Shogun...I'm expecting it to end in round 1.
Bill The Butcher
Rampage lets fighters close in on him. He allowed Wanderlei, Shogun and Henderson to get in close and get the clinch. I just see Couture closing in, getting the clinch up against the cage, using dirty boxing and getting the takedowns. Rampage is awesome, and he definitely could put the hurt on Couture if he caught him with those heavy hands, but I'm leaning towards Couture in this one.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Sep 13 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]357400[/snapback]
Rampage lets fighters close in on him. He allowed Wanderlei, Shogun and Henderson to get in close and get the clinch. I just see Couture closing in, getting the clinch up against the cage, using dirty boxing and getting the takedowns. Rampage is awesome, and he definitely could put the hurt on Couture if he caught him with those heavy hands, but I'm leaning towards Couture in this one.

I hear ya. I got caught up a bit in the ol classic Liddell beat Couture, Rampage beat Liddell thing. But you are right. Liddell does a good job of keeping the distance and was able to land from the outside on Randy. Rampage does get in close, into Randy's territory. But I still think that Rampage would do better than Sylvia and Gonzaga did just because he is faster and more athletic. But I do see your point.

Anyhow Bill, what do you think of a Fedor/Couture fight? clapping.gif
Bill The Butcher
Fedor/Couture? Hard to say. If Fedor were to fight Couture for his first fight in the octagon - The different rules, cage and elbows could give Fedor some troubles.

I'm sure people will slam me, but I'm leaning towards Couture to pull off the upset.
AussieLad
Couture stands a very good chance vs Fedor. how can you count randy out. He is an all time great.

What i like about fedor is his all around skills and composure. His ground and pound, and submission game are as accomplished as his striking.

Randy has the advantage of the cage, the experience in throwing/defending elbows, etc... And has a dominating will

I would still have to go with the cyborg, darth fedor. In a highly competitive decision win
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.