Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vasquez says he wants Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Southeastpaw
This is a dream fight as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see Vasquez face someone else @ 130 before facing Manny. Does anyone think it is too big a jump for Vasquez? Israel would be the smaller man with Manny having the height and a small edge in the reach dept. But after following Israel for a while, there is no way I can count this guy out, even against Pac. I hope this fight comes to fruition. Israel was able to stop Larios whereas Pac could not. Would be a very interesting fight and I would be pullin for Vasquez the entire way.
BigG
I like Vazquez but I think Pac would kill him. It would be a good war while it lasts. I really admire Vazquez heart and courage though.
Fitz
I would have a great deal of respect for Vasquez (not that I don't have it now), but I think he will be biting off more than he could chew and good chance he will be getting smashed.
Southeastpaw
I would love to see this fight though. And imagine IF Vasquez pulled off the upset. Definitely not outta the question IMO. This is perobably just some what if talk from Vasquez, but I really hope they can make this thing happen early next year. But like I said earlier, I would like to see Vasquez against some somewhat stiff comp at that weight before he gets in the ring with Pacman.
Fitz
I'm more interested in a rubber match with Marquez first. I think we wait and get the important fight out of the way first. If Marquez wins the rubber, will a Vasquez-Pacquiao fight still look as cool, or will Marquez-Pacquaio be the new fight people want to see?
I just think before getting carried away, there is still one more fight that needs to happen between 2 very even guys.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 10 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]356954[/snapback]
I'm more interested in a rubber match with Marquez first. I think we wait and get the important fight out of the way first. If Marquez wins the rubber, will a Vasquez-Pacquiao fight still look as cool, or will Marquez-Pacquaio be the new fight people want to see?
I just think before getting carried away, there is still one more fight that needs to happen between 2 very even guys.

I understand, but no one is getting too carried away here Fiz. Just some what if talk since Vasquez is on the front page saying that he wants Pac, that's all. Just an interesting topic. A rubber match would be cool. My money is on Vasquez again by stoppage. I truely believe that Vasquez's nose being busted in the first round of the first bout led to his less than stellar performance leading up to him quitting, of course, due to the nose. I have already seen these guys in action and know it would be a barn-burner, so for me, to see Vasquez's heart and skill against the #2 P4P fighter in the world strikes me a little more intriguing.
Fitz
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 11 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]356956[/snapback]
I understand, but no one is getting too carried away here Fiz. Just some what if talk since Vasquez is on the front page saying that he wants Pac, that's all. Just an interesting topic. A rubber match would be cool. My money is on Vasquez again by stoppage. I truely believe that Vasquez's nose being busted in the first round of the first bout led to his less than stellar performance leading up to him quitting, of course, due to the nose. I have already seen these guys in action and know it would be a barn-burner, so for me, to see Vasquez's heart and skill against the #2 P4P fighter in the world strikes me a little more intriguing.

Yeah I understand. I would just prefer a fight between Vasquez and Marquez to happen before I think about a fight with Pacquaio and I think Vasquez should to. That seems to be the most important fight at this stage.
Lil-lightsout
Vasquez-Pacman would be a war!!! But first we need to see the rubber match, and Pac needs to get by Barrera also.
BrutalBodyShots
How about we see Vasquez fight at feather first before we talk about him fighting the man 2 divisions above him.

torvix2000
This is a joke.

I've seen a clip of Vazquez and Pac sparring together when Pac was still at featherweight and Vazquez at super bantam. Vazquez was wearing a body armor and he still "grimaced" in pain when he got hit by a hard body shot from Pac.
Blayde
Id prefer Pac to fight the super featherweights like Guzman, Valero, Soto and Marquez again.

Theres no need for him to fight someup who we dont know how the move up in weight will effect him.
gods son
Vazquez is on the super high from beating rafael..let it fade off and he wont be calling manny out!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 10 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]356915[/snapback]
Israel was able to stop Larios whereas Pac could not.

Israel was also stopped by Larios as well.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 11 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]357045[/snapback]
Israel was also stopped by Larios as well.

Yes, but that fight was over 5 yrs ago and technical KO in the 12th of a close bout. Vasquez has gotten better. My point is that Vasquez stopped Larios in 3 at a lighter weight more recently, then Larios came out his very next fight jumpoing up in weight to fight Pac and went the distance. This might not mean much, but I would not rule out Vasquez by any means. Not with his determination, power, and skill. When I think about it, I remember many on here putting Rafael above Juan Manuel on a P4P list before he lost to Vasquez. And with the exception of the 1st round, Juan should have run away with his fight with Pac. There is an 8 pound weight differential between Vasquez and Pac, but it would still be interesting. Vasquez seems to be getting better.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It'd be a war if Vazquez and Pac fought, but I think Pacquiao would dominate him. I think he's faster than vazquez and he's bigger too. Vazquez would have no advantages, and Id say he gets stopped in the 6th if he fights Pac. However, he's got a lot of heart and courage though, and he's going to have one hell of a battle with Marquez once more.
Kyle
_iodine_
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Sep 10 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]356969[/snapback]
Vasquez-Pacman would be a war!!! But first we need to see the rubber match, and Pac needs to get by Barrera also.

Could be Marquez/Barrera and Pac/Vasquez early next year! or the other way around.

this whole situation is intriguing. All 4 of these guys are still incredibly game.
_iodine_
double post.
kidbazooka1
Vasquez has huge heart to want to get in there with Manny. I think he'll make it a very interesting fight but Pac is just too big and powerful for him.
X3_Bazooka_X3
Vazquez would beat Manny Pacquiao you can bank on that, He would kick the shit out of Manny in sparring when they were both at Wildcard, infact just before Mannys fight with Marquez and the first Morales fight, I knew Manny was in trouble Israel was walking right through him.
Take my word or not but when this fight happens you will see.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 14 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]357494[/snapback]
Vazquez would beat Manny Pacquiao you can bank on that, He would kick the shit out of Manny in sparring when they were both at Wildcard, infact just before Mannys fight with Marquez and the first Morales fight, I knew Manny was in trouble Israel was walking right through him.
Take my word or not but when this fight happens you will see.

LMAO yet again at one of your posts.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 14 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]357495[/snapback]
LMAO yet again at one of your posts.

Think its Bullshit all you want, I was there for a fact son and everybody knows that the two did spar with each other there so I dont know what the fuck your on, perhaps you need to find yourself a job you obviously have no other life than to be here on the net all day.
What is it you do for a living? let me guess live off of that fat chick you picked up when you got out of prison? dntknw.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 14 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]357513[/snapback]
Think its Bullshit all you want, I was there for a fact son and everybody knows that the two did spar with each other there so I dont know what the fuck your on, perhaps you need to find yourself a job you obviously have no other life than to be here on the net all day.
What is it you do for a living? let me guess live off of that fat chick you picked up when you got out of prison? dntknw.gif

Riiight.

clapping.gif
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 14 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]357513[/snapback]

Afte thinking about it I give Vasquez a better chance at beating Manny than I first did.

His style along with his power would give Manny lots of trouble.
Southeastpaw
I don't see how anyone can say flat out that Manny would just kill Vasquez. I give Vasquez a good chance. It would be an AWESOME bout. But as I've said before, I would like to see him with someone else @ 130 first, then Manny. Vasquez has the skill, determination, stamina, and power to hang with anyone around his size.
caneman
there is nothing not to like about vasquez....the guy is str8 class! right off the top of my head i say pacman would beat him but vasquez does have good skills & power though. never the less it would be interesting! the weight could cause vasquez trouble though & IMO pacman is a killer. i know this though, i'd pay to watch it.
BrutalBodyShots
Any time you take the P4P best fighter in any division and match him with the P4P best fighter 2 divisions higher of course you're going to make for a great fight... but generally speaking you'd have to go with the guy 2 divisions up as having the advantage due to strength and size. Sort of like Wright vs Hopkins... Wright gave a good account of himself but ultimately clearly lost the fight. I know that styles make fights and am not suggesting that Vasquez and Pacquiao would look anything like Hopkins/Wright, but you get the point.

While I believe that neither man would "blow the other out" you can make a stronger case for Pac blowing Vasquez out of there than the other way around.

I've just got to laugh at anyone (well only really one person in this thread) that thinks the smaller man Vasquez would easily "walk through" Pacquiao and dominate him.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.