Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greg Leon ruins The Contender again
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
I don't get why the guy does this. Is his need to boast about a scoop so desperate? Why not just post a spoiler alert with a link for people who want to find out early?

Anyway, mostly just posting this here so people who watch the show and don't want to know the results don't go to the site and see for themselves.
Southeastpaw
That's bullshit. I am actually pretty interested in this season, moreso than the other seasons and was about to start a thread on it. I'm glad I don't go to that site any longer myself.
Chi-Town
Yup...I just accidentally saw it too and I'm pissed.
Snoop
It's almost as if he did it out of spite cuz that was a huge complaint that most of us former boxingtalk posters had over there.
Southeastpaw
Someone get Sugar Ray on the line.
STEVENSKI
Wait you mean people still go to that site for yesterdays news?
JD
Fucker...that pisses me off. I figured it would be part of a story after clicking a link, that Ren looking bastard made it the headline.

hardhead
I know some other people from another site that are pissed off to because of the same thing.

I actually think I know it is through second hand now...
NickBarker
Straight bullshit.
gods son
i regret going to btalk now..i never knew folks from here had issues with btalk...anybody care to fill me in cool.gif ??

JD
QUOTE(gods son @ Sep 13 2007, 03:13 AM) [snapback]357256[/snapback]
i regret going to btalk now..i never knew folks from here had issues with btalk...anybody care to fill me in cool.gif ??

My issue is that he gave away the results of The Contender AGAIN. I mean, how exactly does that help the sport of boxing?
singletrack
What a jerk-off. Thanks for the heads up guys. I have 2 episodes in the hole and was planning on watching the whole season.
pcraw
Not surprised!
Megadeth
Toolbag
Southeastpaw
Why do you all still visit BT?
thehype
Not surprising at all.

I hope that wasn't part of the "bigger and better" things he was referring to.

PrfPmp
Whats the big deal? Why does what appears to be a personal, bussiness issue between 2 guys affect so many of you?
Stop hating on Boxingtalk! I'm not trying to get banned here.... its the truth though. Boxingtalk is far superior to this website...PERIOD
What did Greg Leon to to any of you to have u so bitter......crybabys
Man up and dont act like you dont still visit Boxingtalk
Don Flamenco
I stopped visiting the front page of boxingtalk when I had to pay to watch alot of the content on the front page. Fuck that! First, Pay Per Views ruin boxing, now you telling me I got to PAY PER READ?! The fuck is that shit!?

The best news is always up in the forum anyway.
Don Flamenco
I bet the over
singletrack
QUOTE(PrfPmp @ Sep 13 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]357316[/snapback]
Whats the big deal? Why does what appears to be a personal, bussiness issue between 2 guys affect so many of you?
Stop hating on Boxingtalk! I'm not trying to get banned here.... its the truth though. Boxingtalk is far superior to this website...PERIOD
Man up and dont act like you dont still visit Boxingtalk

The big deal is that the suspense of the series is gone for some people and that sucks. It's pretty easy to understand.
dj necrogenic
Yo Hype, why dont you ask Sugar Ray, or a Contender person how they feel about BoxingTalk giving away the ending to their show so early in the season. If you ask me its blatant disrespect
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Sep 13 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]357341[/snapback]
Yo Hype, why dont you ask Sugar Ray, or a Contender person how they feel about BoxingTalk giving away the ending to their show so early in the season. If you ask me its blatant disrespect

That's what I'm saying. Someone get Sugar on the horn. He'll knock Leon's hat on straight.
PrfPmp
What I'm saying is that if you're all like "FUCK Boxingtalk", then you shouldnt care what they're reporting, because it doesnt affect YOU, right?
But it does affect you because you all visit B T, and then bash them and Greg Leon
Talking shit about having to pay to read.... NEWSFLASH, it's always been that way.
NOW it's fucked up, but nobody was saying shit before
The truth is you're all wraped up in Hypes beef with G, which granted might be warranted, FOR HIM
but dammit, mind your own business yall
Southeastpaw
Sounds like someone missed thier anal lovin this morning.

I don't know why people keep going to the site either, but you have to admit. It is pretty tardlike to put up the finalists without a spoiler alert.
Method
I think it hilarious that the only fights Jaidon Codrington can win are 6 rounders against chumps.

That's what happens when you get knocked out of professional boxing. Problem is you can't bring your entourage with you, so he better not get KTFO again.
PB_EDDIE
That worthless piece of sht mthr fkr ... what a waste !

seriously what i the hell does Leon gain from pissing everyone off ??

He ruined my day !

By the way - Whats does Hype & Gregs Beef have to do with any of this ?

That way i see it Greg fkd up the contender series for me and the"beef" shouldnt even be part of this discussion

Im sure the majority of boxing fans dont like to know results beforehand when they are planning on watching fights/series, and since the forum is our platform to bitch about boxing stuff, we used it.

singletrack
QUOTE(PrfPmp @ Sep 13 2007, 07:05 PM) [snapback]357353[/snapback]
What I'm saying is that if you're all like "FUCK Boxingtalk", then you shouldnt care what they're reporting, because it doesnt affect YOU, right?
But it does affect you because you all visit B T, and then bash them and Greg Leon
Talking shit about having to pay to read.... NEWSFLASH, it's always been that way.
The truth is you're all wraped up in Hypes beef with G, which granted might be warranted, FOR HIM

I don't see how anyone choosing or not choosing to visit boxing talk is relevant. The issue is that boxingtalk revealed the series prematurely and some members who read it are pissed. Since boxingtalk does not have a web board, it is only natural that it would be discussed here. YOU are the one is trying to make it about Greg and Hype.

caneman
QUOTE(PB_EDDIE @ Sep 13 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]357368[/snapback]
That worthless piece of sht mthr fkr ... what a waste !

seriously what i the hell does Leon gain from pissing everyone off ??

He ruined my day !
By the way - Whats does Hype & Gregs Beef have to do with any of this ?

That way i see it Greg fkd up the contender series for me and the"beef" shouldnt even be part of this discussion

Im sure the majority of boxing fans dont like to know results beforehand when they are planning on watching fights/series, and since the forum is our platform to bitch about boxing stuff, we used it.

that is actually pretty well said & this thread wasn't about G/hype...i mean it is clear that many have taken sides but it has nothing to do with G posting the winner without saying "spoiler"! i haven't visited that site for a long time but i ain't mad @ anyone that does! i could care less about what someone else does drinks.gif and i agree with eddie(without any name calling! laugh.gif )but could understand not being happy about it & would indeed like to know what SRL thought about it! i would bet he doesn't like it @ all!
JD

Actually, Hype's beef with Greg is between them.

Greg revealing the Finalists in The Contender without a spoiler warning, or without having to click a link is fucked up...and wrong...and does nothing to help the sport. Thus, my issue in this instance. Up until now I have never said anything because I have had no reason to. Simple really...
PB_EDDIE
Thanx caneman drinks.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(PrfPmp @ Sep 13 2007, 11:05 PM) [snapback]357353[/snapback]

The reason I say FUCK BOXINGTALK is because I do not appreciate being called a little monkey by Mr G Leon. The fact that you have to pay for stale repetitive content on his shitty site vs the excellent FREE content provided by Fight Hype is another reason I do not visit Boxingtalk anymore.

Boxingtalk is done IMO & I do not care to visit it for any reason because it's news section was nearly always old news & it's once excellent forum was what kept me there. Since the forum is gone what reason do I have to visit it? To see Leon dry humping perennial losers like Judah & Harris? Thanks but no thanks!
caneman
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 13 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]357403[/snapback]
The reason I say FUCK BOXINGTALK is because I do not appreciate being called a little monkey by Mr G Leon. The fact that you have to pay for stale repetitive content on his shitty site vs the excellent FREE content provided by Fight Hype is another reason I do not visit Boxingtalk anymore.

Boxingtalk is done IMO & I do not care to visit it for any reason because it's news section was nearly always old news & it's once excellent forum was what kept me there. Since the forum is gone what reason do I have to visit it? To see Leon dry humping perennial losers like Judah & Harris? Thanks but no thanks!

don't hold back bro, tell us how you really feel! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
thehype
Boxingtalk is far superior to this website...PERIOD

I don't know if I'd say all that...I mean, I would expect a far superior website to have at least some type of video coverage for Cotto-Mosley considering the damn tour stopped in three different cities...including the hometown of Boxingtalk. Unless, of course, far superior websites don't bother covering big events like that.

laugh.gif

Go figure.

Ummmmmm....I think maybe they're all so bitter because he posted the finalists of The Contender....AGAIN!!!!

I don't think it has anything to do with my personal issues with him...I think everyone is just pissed about the finalists being revealed...simple as that!

Not exactly sure why you're even bringing up the issue.

dntknw.gif
BigG
To see Leon dry humping perennial losers like Judah & Harris? Thanks but no thanks!

HEY!!!!

My body Zab aint a loser. Judah just hasn't been winning the big ones lately......if he ever fights Paul Williams, Antonio Margarito, or Kermit Cintron, he'll give it to them..BK STYLE, knowhatimsayin'?

But fuck man, this is the 2nd time he's done this. Ridiculous.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 14 2007, 02:48 AM) [snapback]357406[/snapback]
HEY!!!!

My body Zab aint a loser. Judah just hasn't been winning the big ones lately......if he ever fights Paul Williams, Antonio Margarito, or Kermit Cintron, he'll give it to them..BK STYLE, knowhatimsayin'?

BK style indeed with a kick to the head whilst they are busy playin dice.

Diane
Greg Leon is an ass. He has revealed the finalist for all 3 seasons, even though he has received numerous complaints about it. The fact that he continues to do it, shows that he has no respect for his readers.

By the way, BoxingConfidential also gave it away. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Megadeth

ah NEWSFLASH, the site did not always charge for the good news, that started maybe 3-4 years ago. I was visiting boxintalk before there was a fee

No one in this thread is bashing Greg because of the issue between hype and him, they are bashing Greg because he is a toolbag. What kind of an iddiot posts the finalists on the main page without any spoiler alert. Greg wants everyone to know so bad that he has the inside scoop. He has an ego and confidence problem is my guess. Also, Greg is a known hater of The Contender and seems to be doing anything he can to spoil it for others. Just because Greg doesnt like it doesnt mean he should ruin it for others who do. But then again this goes along with Gregs mentality, we are here humping monkeys or whatever, I guess he is just more sophisticated than us.

Obviously people still like and read boxingtalk because this was found, and i appreciate the heads up. I go to more than one site for my boxing info and boxingtalk is still one of them. I will admit that I do think the site is not what it once was though.
Snoop
QUOTE(PrfPmp @ Sep 13 2007, 11:05 PM) [snapback]357353[/snapback]

Like everyone already said, this has nothing to do with the personal beef. This has to do with ruining a series that ALL boxing fans could be a part of. PLUS, people were pissed about this when we were all still at boxingtalk, so it has NOTHING to do with the transition to fighthype.

The only way it MIGHT is if GLeon did it out of spite due to most of us leaving and knowing that it was what pissed us off pretty mightily.

I thought it did it for all THREE seasons.
Diane
Yes, he revealed the finalist for all 3 seasons.

He probably does it because The Contender won't advertise on his site, so he doesn't care about ruining the show for the readers, because he only cares about himself.
caneman
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Sep 13 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]357341[/snapback]

a live interview would be off the hook ok.gif
_iodine_
I still don't know who the finalists are
So you already know my stance regarding whatever website posted them.
DaGameNJ
Thats pretty weak..boxingtalk has really gone down the tubes i deleted that site from my faves now.
BigG
DaGame, I edited your post because you had the finalists on there......I don't really care that much for the contender but alot of guys here like it.
DaGameNJ
understood
rusty_trombone
You know, I was of th opinion that The Contender was pretty much garbage. The first season was horrible, with shitty fighters, dumb competitions, edited fights, and just overall crappy. I will say this season is way better than the others have been, it's about time they got their heads out of their asses. The fighters are good, they don't edit the fights. They still add gay sound effects, and have some slow motion, but they have come a long way from the first season. I have no respect for the guys from the first season, but the guys from this season, I might actually respect the guy who comes out of it.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 19 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]357920[/snapback]
You know, I was of th opinion that The Contender was pretty much garbage. The first season was horrible, with shitty fighters, dumb competitions, edited fights, and just overall crappy. I will say this season is way better than the others have been, it's about time they got their heads out of their asses. The fighters are good, they don't edit the fights. They still add gay sound effects, and have some slow motion, but they have come a long way from the first season. I have no respect for the guys from the first season, but the guys from this season, I might actually respect the guy who comes out of it.

Agreed. The two episodes I've seen this season are heads and shoulders above anything I saw that first season. Didn't watch the second. But so far this year they're focusing more on the fighters and the fights, which I really like. I also like how they give us the option of catching the fights in their entirety (though it should air the same night so people don't have to wait). And no more of those lame ass competitions in the middle to determine nothing important. And no more Balboa either. And fuck Greg Leon for spoiling it again.
singletrack
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 19 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]357922[/snapback]
Agreed. The two episodes I've seen this season are heads and shoulders above anything I saw that first season. Didn't watch the second. But so far this year they're focusing more on the fighters and the fights, which I really like. I also like how they give us the option of catching the fights in their entirety (though it should air the same night so people don't have to wait). And no more of those lame ass competitions in the middle to determine nothing important. And no more Balboa either. And fuck Greg Leon for spoiling it again.

Yah. The only thing I hate is the stupid 5 round format. That isn't professional boxing when you have guys at this level.
Snoop
I actually don't mind the slow motion too much. It's nice if they don't offer an instant reply. The sound effects and dramatic music need to go. So does that God forsaken sorry excuse of an announcer.
Bill The Butcher
Greg who?
Fuse
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Sep 21 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]358333[/snapback]
Greg who?

Is that site still around?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.