Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Contender 3
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Southeastpaw
I like it cause it has some really good guys in it. Now I have no idea who is in the finals, but my prediction is Bika and Soloman make it to the end. I really like that they are showing the entire fights this time around, BUT I cannot stand that they still have the dramatic music, slow mo, and close ups on the families. I don't understand why they can't just show it like an ordinary fight, like on TUF.

What do you guys think of Codrington? I think he is an idiot. I hope he gets KOed against whoever he fights next. I checked out his record and the combined losses of the guys he has faced so far is some astronomical number. When he did step up against Allan Green, he got stopped in the first round.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 12 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]357147[/snapback]
I like it cause it has some really good guys in it. Now I have no idea who is in the finals, but my prediction is Bika and Soloman make it to the end. I really like that they are showing the entire fights this time around, BUT I cannot stand that they still have the dramatic music, slow mo, and close ups on the families. I don't understand why they can't just show it like an ordinary fight, like on TUF.

What do you guys think of Codrington? I think he is an idiot. I hope he gets KOed against whoever he fights next. I checked out his record and the combined losses of the guys he has faced so far is some astronomical number. When he did step up against Allan Green, he got stopped in the first round.

I'm enjoying it so far. I too am pleased that they stepped up the talent level significantly and I do think that they toned down the "hollywood" type drama immensly. However I'm quite sure that they will never just show it like a typical fight broadcast because they are still attempting to appeal to the casual sports fan.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm really enjoying the show. I think they have some really good fighters this season, and there are some good matches to be made. I'm glad David Banks got in there, and I hope to see him do well. Only problem is that G Leon spoiled the show already, and I know three of the final four fighters. And i know one of the finalists. I wish he would of put a spoiler alert, but ill still watch the show. Max Alexander got KTFO by Marty Lindquist last year, but Lindquist tested positive for marijuana i think. Should be an interesting season.
Kyle
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 12 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]357152[/snapback]
I'm really enjoying the show. I think they have some really good fighters this season, and there are some good matches to be made. I'm glad David Banks got in there, and I hope to see him do well. Only problem is that G Leon spoiled the show already, and I know three of the final four fighters. And i know one of the finalists. I wish he would of put a spoiler alert, but ill still watch the show. Max Alexander got KTFO by Marty Lindquist last year, but Lindquist tested positive for marijuana i think. Should be an interesting season.
Kyle

Yes, but to Max's credit he did dominate Lindquist 4 months later. I think it was a case of Max getting caught cold in the 1st. Max is a sneaky bastad in the Contender. Playin people against eachother. lol
The Original MrFactor
the 1st round of that fight last night seemed to last for 10minutes. I'm happy that they were able to get some guys that I've heard of.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea no doubt, Max is a really good boxer. He's a sneaky dude in the ring, and outside the ring apparantely. I actually think he'd make a tough match for anybody on that show.
Kyle
bpipe
I think this is going to be the best season yet. The talent level as a whole is a lot higher than the previous two seasons. I think Codrington is an arrogant little bitch but he does have the skills to back it up. I think he's going to be in the finals against either Soliman or Bika. He's ranked #1 because of his KO win/performance in the first round so he will have the easier way to the finals so that means Soliman and Bika will have to fight before the finals.
singletrack
I'm excited about it, although I've only seen the first episode. It's cool that they decided to add some real veterans and focus more on the boxing vs. the BS. Although a touch of the latter is needed to make it exciting ; )
thehype
Pretty good so far. That damn theme song though....ick.

laugh.gif
Diane
It is a definite improvement over last season. I understand why they still do the slow-mo's, and stuff, they still need to cater to the casual fan who started watching from the beginning. I'm glad that there is more focus on the fights, and the training, and that they will be showing the full unedited fights on ESPN2, for those of us that want to see it. They are doing a good job of trying to find the right balance for the casual, and the hardcore boxing fan.

One thing I wish they would get rid of though, is that damn announcer Jeff Conner, he is horrible. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(Diane @ Sep 14 2007, 05:08 AM) [snapback]357426[/snapback]
One thing I wish they would get rid of though, is that damn announcer Jeff Conner, he is horrible. thumbsdown_anim.gif

They still have that guy? He is absolutely HORRENDOUS. He thinks good announcing is simply how loud you can yell into the mic.
HaydelHammer
Green KO Codrington....Enjoy!
PR316
Codrington has talent. I have not seen the spoilers so I don't know anything. But I'm rooting for Codrington. I like him. I think he has something going for him and he should be in the finals.
Snoop
Sam Soliman is a SLOPPYASS fighter. Nice guy though.
gods son
i cant stand Cordington..when he was near crying and screaming "i wont lose, i cant lose"

puzzy!
pastor method
i've always liked the contender and it has some really good fighters this season. i could see bika, soliman or condrington winning. paul smith and wayne johnsen (two guys i hadn't previously heard of) have been getting some good reviews from the trainers and that skill testing group was impressed too, tho i'm not sure how much validity that stuff holds. how about rubin williams coming in ridiculously overweight? he was my pick to win when i first heard the names of the fighters announced.

i really like sam solimon, what a good guy and his work ethic is amazing.

what i don't like is how someone who wins in the first round will be kicked off the show based on which winner has the 'poorest performance'... which basically means not scoring a knockout. that seems so stupid to me. maybe i misinterpretted and that's not actually the format? i hope so.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(pastor method @ Sep 24 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]358646[/snapback]
i've always liked the contender and it has some really good fighters this season. i could see bika, soliman or condrington winning. paul smith and wayne johnsen (two guys i hadn't previously heard of) have been getting some good reviews from the trainers and that skill testing group was impressed too, tho i'm not sure how much validity that stuff holds. how about rubin williams coming in ridiculously overweight? he was my pick to win when i first heard the names of the fighters announced.

i really like sam solimon, what a good guy and his work ethic is amazing.

what i don't like is how someone who wins in the first round will be kicked off the show based on which winner has the 'poorest performance'... which basically means not scoring a knockout. that seems so stupid to me. maybe i misinterpretted and that's not actually the format? i hope so.

That's how it goes. I guess this insures a good scrap I guess. Makes the fighters go out and give it their all without just cruising to a victory. I think it is unfair, but it makes it pretty interesting and forces the fighters to let it all hang out, so to speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.