Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't believe they are still fighting
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Lil-lightsout
Yori Boy Campas- maybe he is looking for Trinidad rematch.
Manuel Medina- he has been in sooo many wars, I can not believe he is still going.
Marion Wilson- 50yrs old. Fought every top heavyweight there is alive. One tough SOB! How is he still living?
BigG
I read an article on Marion Willson saying that HE had the greatest chin in history. He fought some big punchers and was never stopped. Only stopped once and thatw as by cuts early in his career. He also was robbed against a PRIME Ray Mercer I heard.

Tough guy for sure. Guys like that deserve RESPECT.
Don Flamenco
Nothing sadder than the story of Luisito Espinoza. He keeps trying to fight until this day just so he can keep his visa and stay in the country. His wife recently left him right before a fight, and he spends all his resources trying to get the money a promoter stole from him during a fight 10 years ago.
singletrack
Those are some pretty drastic examples.

Holyfield is a guy on my list. It doesn't matter to me that the guy is still jacked and he can beat "some" heavyweights. I really find it hard to watch him take more punishment. He is going to have tough in his old age IMO.

I'm also glad Gatti retired. I think he was pretty much done after the PBF fight.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 12 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]357239[/snapback]
I read an article on Marion Willson saying that HE had the greatest chin in history. He fought some big punchers and was never stopped. Only stopped once and thatw as by cuts early in his career. He also was robbed against a PRIME Ray Mercer I heard.

I seen him fight live once back in 1995 against Kirk Johnson, and he gave Kirk all he could handle and managed to rough him up good late in the fight. Yeah, his chin was crazy!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Sep 13 2007, 01:56 AM) [snapback]357255[/snapback]
Nothing sadder than the story of Luisito Espinoza. He keeps trying to fight until this day just so he can keep his visa and stay in the country. His wife recently left him right before a fight, and he spends all his resources trying to get the money a promoter stole from him during a fight 10 years ago.

Excellent example, he should have retired ages ago.
Jack 1000
Good examples,

Add my concerns about Holyfield to the list and Roy Jones. For a guy like Roy that was so concerned about getting hurt in the ring, it is getting to the point where he should no longer be fighting anymore.

Jack
BigG
I disagree about Roy Jones. He looked good in his last 2 fights and has taken very little punishment in his career compared to a guy like Barrera for example.
Jerry Springer
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 12 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]357239[/snapback]

Whoever wrote that article is a moron. Wilson didn't have a great chin; he's only been stopped once because he spends every fight hugging like John Ruiz and running like Cory Spinks. It's not like he's Rocky Marciano.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 14 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]357427[/snapback]
Holyfield shouldn't be fighting, but it's not something "I can't believe", seen how bad the heavyweight division is?

Agreed,

I mean we have Oleg Maskiev fighting for a major title, and several other heavyweights whose names even top fight people can't pronounce and/or don't care about. Because this talent is so ordinary on its best days (of which there have been none for a long long time,) it allows Holyfield to still be competitive and maybe win a title belt. We shall see.

Jack
Method
Merciless Ray. Have mercy on his soul.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.