Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Big would Hopkins - Trinidad II be if Tito beats Roy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
IF ROY GETS STOPPED OR SOUNDLY BEATEN, WOULD A SECOND FIGHT WITH HOPKINS BE BIG???

I REALLY GIVE TITO A SHOT IN THIS FIGHT BEING THAT IT IS AT 170 POUNDS. IF TITO STOPS ROY JONES AND CALLS OUT BERNARD HOPKINS HOW BIG WOULD A SECOND FIGHT BETWEEN HOPKINS AND TITO BE??? JONES MAY TAKE TRINIDAD LIGHTLY-----

ROY IS NOT A SHOE IN TO WIN THIS FIGHT. I GIVE TITO A GOOD CHANCE...
BigG
Roy is surely gonna win. He is gonna embarass Tito....

Roy-Hopkins II is a bigger fight then Hopkins-Tito II.
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 14 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]357499[/snapback]
Roy is surely gonna win. He is gonna embarass Tito....

Roy-Hopkins II is a bigger fight then Hopkins-Tito II.

good point BG, IMO all 3 of them should hang it up though...they all will be remembered for many years & will have no shame if they never fight again! drinks.gif
JD
ROY BEATS TITO.

HOPKINS HAS NO NEED TO, BUT WOULD BEAT TITO AGAIN.
BrutalBodyShots
First off, Jones is going to beat Trinidad.

Second, styles make fights and Trinidad would lose 10 times out of 10 against Hopkins. Trinidad struggled to win a round the first time against Hopkins and would do the same in a rematch. Hopkins was at least able to win multiple rounds against Jones and make the fight competitive, so if they were to fight again it would be a much better fight than Hopkins-Trinidad II (unless you want to see Trinidad get stopped again, of course).

CyruS
Nobody is checking for another massacre.

A fight with either Roy or Tito matched up with Hopkins = Hopkins via MDK - Murder Death Kill.
BrutalBodyShots
Oh yeah, one other thing - when was the last time that Trinidad faced anyone with speed even on the same radar as that of Jones'? DLH?

Trinidad would struggle with Jones' speed at any point of his career, much less at the end of his career at a higher weight and coming off a long layoff... retirement, whatever.

Lil-lightsout
Hopkins would destroy Trinidad with ease, way easier the second time around for obvious reasons.
WolfishPromistah
Hypothetically speaking, as this is the case of the thread, it is hard to say at this point in time, at least for me, whether another fight between Hopkins and Tito would be big, neophyte 7. I mean, I am unaware of whether you'd mean bigger than one between Jones and Hopkins at the end of both their careers instead...or big in general? Well, with both angles being considered in my comparison, I "might" say that TIto and Hopkins would gross more a second time around than another Jones vs. Hopkins bout, even with the retribution factor given great consideration for Hopkins against Jones. Tito, after all, has such a large fan base. But even more, he too has that retribution factor to drive the idea of him rematching against Hopkins. And with that alone, we can probably expect a fight with him to generate something a little nicer than the alternative fight.

But the key of Tito's success in being a part of what'd potentially be thought so major still lies in whether he can overcome that upcoming obstacle to bring himself higher up on the scales to draw interests again. So I feel that what he's needing to do in this upcoming match is to "first" bring the confidence of the people back to his corner by as great a feat as beating Jones -- as people're thinking it's next to impossible for that to be done; and once he does that, it will automatically make the thought of a second fight with Hopkins a mouth watering deal again that is greater than the buzz generated for the other two potential combatants, particularly for fans on the "get back" mentality -- after they'd put so much on banking he'd dominate Bernard the first time around. Oh, they haven't forgotten, I get the feeling. And I say that even though Hopkins has gained as much respect as he has afterwards, there is still that want for multitudes to see Tito bring his honor back home...even if it's not stated much as it used to be. But the Tito win against Jones is sort of in position of the "awakening of the sleeping elephant" mentioned, I recall, in relation to Ali against Foreman.
Yucayeke
Tito should lose to Roy IMO; however, if he wins decisively a fight with Bhops is almost a sure thing. Let's be real. Fighters fight for money.

A win for Trinidad against RJJ will catapult him into the stratosphere as far as his fan base is concerned and the PPV dollars will be there. MSG would be sold out to the rafters. The only fighter that has a larger fan base is arguably DLH. Hopkins will not make as much money with RJJ since neither one of them have ever been a large PPV draw.

If Tito beats Roy (which I seriously doubt) there will be an argument for him to fight bernard and when papa King comes calling to Hops with 20 mil, he will fight him again and beat him again. Of course what do I know, so I may be wrong but WTF my asshole is as stinky as the next persons...
Snoop
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 15 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]357504[/snapback]
ROY BEATS TITO.

HOPKINS HAS NO NEED TO, BUT WOULD BEAT TITO AGAIN.

LOL. I'm surprised nobody else has made a comment about this. (The caps, not the fight analysis)
Kijis Konar
Tito should get embarrassed and KOed against Jones, but if he manages to win, I DEMAND Hopkins-Trinidad II.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Sep 15 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]357581[/snapback]
Tito should get embarrassed and KOed against Jones, but if he manages to win, I DEMAND Hopkins-Trinidad II.

Why? Do you just want to see Trinidad beaten and stopped again?

Regardless of the outcome of Jones-Trinidad styles make fights and Hopkins would own Trinidad every time.

PR316
If Tito, somehow...Someway... Through some miracle, beats Roy Jones, then the fight that I demand to see is De La Hoya/Trinidad II at 160 pounds to once and for all, settle all the talk of who is the man between these two.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(PR316 @ Sep 16 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]357706[/snapback]
If Tito, somehow...Someway... Through some miracle, beats Roy Jones, then the fight that I demand to see is De La Hoya/Trinidad II at 160 pounds to once and for all, settle all the talk of who is the man between these two.

160 is several weight divisions above both Trinidad and DLH's prime weight classes, so regardless of who beats who at 160 it wouldn't decide once and for all who "the man" is between the two IMO. It would just be a matter of which past prime great can get a decision nod over the other at this point.

basicjab

Tito is not getting any smarter in the ring, so he will not be able to solve the Hopkins puzzle, even this slower older Hopkins. Tito would be punching bag for 12 rounds, if he makes it that far.

I am hoping Tito KO Roy, however I don't think there is a slimmer of hope for Tito to win against Hopkins.

If Tito KOs Roy Tito should retire, Roy should fight Hopkins so Roy can get KOed again. ha-ha.
The Original MrFactor
Not Very...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.