Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez-Juarez to Conflict With Calzaghe-Kessler?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Boxing Scene is reporting that the postponed Marquez-Juarez fight will be on Showtime on November 3rd the same day as Kessler-Calzaghe:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=10303

I am assuming that the Kessler-Calzaghe fight will be shown about 4PM live CST so as not to conflict with Marquez-Juarez. We know that Kessler-Calzaghe is the better fight that most all will be watching live and recording Marquez-Juarez for later.

But assuming that HBO does go the tape delay only route for Calzaghe-Kessler, it is hard to understand why rival networks choose the same dates for their fight telecasts. Viewership on one fight is always lost when competing with another match on a different network. The smart thing to do is to move Marquez-Juarez to November 10th. It's not like tons of dates are booked.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
This happens way too often, and I have no clue why? Atleast there are replays so you can catch both telecasts. As long as HBO and SHOWTIME continue to try and give us quality fights, I will not complain about there choices for time slots. Just give us the fights, and lots of them!
Southeastpaw
Wow! I thought they only did that with Cotto fights. lol
Jack 1000
Fightnews is now reporting that it WILL be tape delayed to conflict with Marquez-Juarez:

I hate this because it increases the potential for spoiler information to be given out and because the clowns at HBO would rather run some movie for the 157th time rather than do a live 4-5:30 pm live call. It's so stupid.

What good comes out of doing a tape delayed broadcast as opposed to doing a live call?

Jack

PS. Oh the link........sorry!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...FRUmlMPoX.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.