Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wins the rematch?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
rusty_trombone
Well, this is for Naysayer. You bitches better vote for Wlad.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 19 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]357984[/snapback]
Well, this is for Naysayer. You bitches better vote for Wlad.

Ut oh, he's going to say that since you said that the odds are skewed in Wlad's favor!
Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 19 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]357987[/snapback]
Ut oh, he's going to say that since you said that the odds are skewed in Wlad's favor!

id have to agree about that. hes going to belly ache about you tainting the poll by saying that. makes me want to vote for peter though. itd be funny to see his reaction if he wins the poll.
Al B Sure
Peter destroys Wladimir in a rematch. Wladimir got knocked down by the wind of Peters punches in the 1st fight. Now that Peter has vastly improved since their 1st fight, he KO's Wlad within 3.
The Original MrFactor
I think Wlad does a better job of staying on the outside. i think he KOs Peter in 9 rounds.
Lil-lightsout
I voted for Wlad, but I think Peter has by far the best chance of all the heavyweights to KO him due to his power.
Jack 1000
I would have to go with Wlad. But it is not easy to do so. His downside is his chin. The Sanders KO loss, and getting dropped by Peter three times in the first fight. BUT, I am not that impressed with Peter. He struggled in the first fight against Toney (a fight I thought he lost.) Toney who had seen his best at Middleweight and who never was one for prime conditioning and this supposed top guy struggles with a has-been?

Yes, Peter won every round in the rematch, but he should have won convincingly in the first fight. Sam Peter is very, very robotic, He's like Razor Ruddock with a better chin. He SHOULD damn near kill Maskiev within 8 rounds. But somehow, some way it is not beyond the realm of a 20% possibility that Oleg COULD win this thing against the big rock-em sock em robot. Peter's a big fucker who hits hard, but I am not impressed with his technique in terms of how he sets up his punches and timing. He looks so amateurish. I think that a prime Tua or Ibeabutchi would have beaten Peter in a war. Ike would get off 3-1 on Peter's shots just like he did against Tua. (But Tua turned into a fat fuck slob after losing to Ibeabutchi, so we have to take that into consideration.)

There is the chance of Wlad getting stopped. But Peter's stamina has been tested over the long haul in the first Wlad fight, and he couldn't put Wlad away when he had him hurt in the 10th round. He got winded and allowed Wlad back into the fight. Peter's chance is to time and catch Wlad's chin coming in before the 5th round. Otherwise, Sam will fall into the same situation as the first fight. Neither guy is the fastest in the world, so if it comes down to stamina and technique, which is limited for both I would say 45% chance of a Peter KO within 5. From 6-12, Peter becomes more robotic and drained and Wlad takes another close decision. Put that at 55%.

Jack
Al B Sure
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 19 2007, 05:44 PM) [snapback]358028[/snapback]
Wlad got knocked down 3 times and absolutely killed Peter on the scorecards, the fight wasn't even close. That's how much better he is than Peter. Wins a fight comfortably and still can afford to be dropped 3 times. Wlad has improved since then as well.

Wladimir isn't that much of an improved fighter. He was able to outbox Peter because Peter didn't have enough big fight experience, and never faced a boxer like Wladimir before.

You saw how Peter struggled with Toney in their 1st fight, and how much more dominate he was in the rematch because he was able to adapt to Toney's style. The only reason why Wladimir is the HW king right now is because of the state of the HW divison, bottom line. Samuel Peter can only improve as time goes on. His boxing science is steadly improving, has a strong chin and one punch KO power, not to mention he is only 27, his career can only go up as time goes on.

Where as Wladimir will always have a weak chin which will be waiting to be exposed. Wladimir reign on top will end when he fights Peter in the rematch.
rusty_trombone
Some guy with 3 posts voted for Peter, that's a bit fishy.
Al B Sure
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 19 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]358035[/snapback]
Some guy with 3 posts voted for Peter, that's a bit fishy.

Whats fishy? I'm a boxing fan, looking for a place to debate boxing. If I'm not welcomed here, I'll gladly leave and join another forum where I might be more welcomed.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Al B Sure @ Sep 19 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]358036[/snapback]
Whats fishy? I'm a boxing fan, looking for a place to debate boxing. If I'm not welcomed here, I'll gladly leave and join another forum where I might be more welcomed.

i don't think you know about the lead up to this poll, it's a bet i have with another poster. you're welcome here, welcome to fighthype. hope you enjoy yourself.
WolfishPromistah
"Wladimir is the HW king right now is because of the state of the HW divison, bottom line. Samuel Peter can only improve as time goes on. His boxing science is steadly improving, has a strong chin and one punch KO power, not to mention he is only 27, his career can only go up as time goes on.

Where as Wladimir will always have a weak chin which will be waiting to be exposed. Wladimir reign on top will end when he fights Peter in the rematch"

All to be taken as a grain of salt. The first part is a "bottom line" excuse, probably to try and downsweep that ya didn't "want" Wlad to win against the top guys; the anti-Klitschko / hater vibe sounds like it's trying to creep up again. LoL!

Wlad has, too, improved. And it was particularly seen 'in' his fight against Peter, who was actually unsuccessful at KOing Wlad because Wlad was able to withstand the punches that did in fact touch him, and his being able to surprised so many people -- whom I think are still in doubt that his chin is actually not as bad as initially thought; but all it took was for him, with Steward, to mainly work on improving his stamina, which is really what caused him to have the most problems, not his chin.

You know, my friend, I honestly don't think you've appropriately given consideration to the strongest possibility that Wlad, too, has been decisively beating top-op (with Peter included), so he will also be ready for the rematch; and provided he keeps things going at the rate they currently are, he'd also have a much better chance of impressing even more the second time around, much better than their previous meeting, even though that was a clean sweep already for him anyway.
Elijah
Vlad by UD or late KO. He's improved so much more than Peter has and there first fight wasn't even close.
singletrack
Peter by DEVASTATING knockout.

Peter is now good "enough" that Wlad's superior boxing skills will not save him. Peter will use the jab, throw combos, exhibit better conditioning and poise, on the way to victory and the beginning of his long reign as heavyweight champ. Assuming the fight happens of course... ; )

That doesn't mean that Wlad isn't #1 now. He is and should be considered the best heavyweight out there until someone knocks him off.
Elijah
"Peter will use the jab, throw combos, exhibit better conditioning and poise, on the way to victory and the beginning of his long reign as heavyweight champ. Assuming the fight happens of course... ; )"

Are you seriously describing Samuel Peter? He rarely throws combos anymore and usually just headhunts lookin to land one bomb at a time. Hasn't been in shape for a good while now. If he was in great shape he wouldn't have had ANY trouble outworking Toney but he did and he basically has no poise. Remember him getting so frustrated he did the two fisted punch to Toneys dome? Dude doesn't use his jab the way he should either. He "paws" with it and uses it as a range finder. If he snapped it out there it would be a much better and useful weapon. The only thing Peter has goin for him is his power. He's been very inactive too (last fight was in January). Not at all good for a guy like him.

I'm pretty sure Vlad had him wobbled pretty damn good with a left not a straight right which is his best punch too. It's as easy of a fight as Vlad wants to make it. All he has to do is use his height and his reach and keep Peter on the end of his jab and every once in a while drop that hammer of a right hand. Peter will get frustrated and end up walkin into a KO.

I don't see this fight being close at all.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 19 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]358028[/snapback]
Wlad got knocked down 3 times and absolutely killed Peter on the scorecards, the fight wasn't even close. That's how much better he is than Peter. Wins a fight comfortably and still can afford to be dropped 3 times. Wlad has improved since then as well.

The little Klit RAN from Peter for 11.5 rounds...
singletrack
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 20 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]358115[/snapback]
Are you seriously describing Samuel Peter? He rarely throws combos anymore and usually just headhunts lookin to land one bomb at a time. Hasn't been in shape for a good while now. If he was in great shape he wouldn't have had ANY trouble outworking Toney but he did and he basically has no poise. Remember him getting so frustrated he did the two fisted punch to Toneys dome? Dude doesn't use his jab the way he should either. He "paws" with it and uses it as a range finder. If he snapped it out there it would be a much better and useful weapon. The only thing Peter has goin for him is his power. He's been very inactive too (last fight was in January). Not at all good for a guy like him.

Yes. Apparently you didn't see the second Toney fight, you should watch it. He totally dominated it from begining to end, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

I'm pretty sure Vlad had him wobbled pretty damn good with a left not a straight right which is his best punch too.
I'm pretty sure it was a straight right in the 12th round IIRC. He hit Peter with everything he had, his knees buckled, and he kept coming. I don't think Wlad can knock Peter out unless Peter comes in horribly out of shape.

It's as easy of a fight as Vlad wants to make it. All he has to do is use his height and his reach and keep Peter on the end of his jab and every once in a while drop that hammer of a right hand. Peter will get frustrated and end up walkin into a KO.

I don't see this fight being close at all.

Um ok. So why didn't Wlad do this the first time? Are you actually suggesting that Peter has become worse since their first fight? Wlad was really Peter's first elite competition and he took him to the canvas three times with raw ability and power. Now he has the skills to dominate Toney and you think the second fight is going to be a KO for Wlad? You need to rethink that.
JD
He hurt Peter with a lefthook.
singletrack
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]358128[/snapback]
He hurt Peter with a lefthook.

I stand corrected. I haven't seen the fight in a while...
JD
QUOTE(singletrack @ Sep 20 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]358133[/snapback]
I stand corrected. I haven't seen the fight in a while...

All good.

If you remember, Wlad actually stood his ground for just about the first time and threw WITH Peter as Steward had told him to do multiple times, and what happened was that Wlad's lefthook landed cleaner and harder...and first.

Peter buckled pretty badly.
Elijah
I thought it was a left something and yeah he did make Peter do a pretty good shuffle after it landed. Kind of a step to the left then to the right on rubber legs deal.

Like I said before, there is absolutely no comparison to how much more Vlad has improved to how Peter has improved since their first fight.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]358134[/snapback]
All good.

If you remember, Wlad actually stood his ground for just about the first time and threw WITH Peter as Steward had told him to do multiple times, and what happened was that Wlad's lefthook landed cleaner and harder...and first.

That was the only punch of significance that the little Klit landed in the whole fight.
Nay_Sayer
Klitschko sucks so bad that he falls to the canvas in fear every time Peter exhales... drag.gif
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 20 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]358137[/snapback]
That was the only punch of significance that the little Klit landed in the whole fight.

No doubt.

This happened by magic...

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]358142[/snapback]
No doubt.

This happened by magic...

Owned.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 20 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]358141[/snapback]
And you.....well you just plain old suck.

I'd rather suck than toss salad like yourself....
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 20 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]358147[/snapback]
Owned.

If I'm so owned then please explain how did Peter manage to finish the fight and floor the Klit three times in the process?
JD
That is a different angle than your initial statement which is what the picture was in response to. No one maintained that Peter should have been stopped; YOU made the statement that the "only punch of significance that the little Klit landed in the whole fight" came in the 12th round and was a lefthook that wobbled Peter which anyone who saw the fight knows is just not true.

Was it the only time Peter was hurt and truly wobbled? Yep.

Was it the "only punch of significance that the little Klit landed in the whole fight"? LOL...No.

So I ask, how did Sam Peter's face get puffed up and bloodied in the fight against Wladimir Klitschko?

A - Wladimir Klitschko's lefthook in the 12th round was in fact NOT the "only punch of significance that the little Klit landed in the whole fight".

B - Magic.

Which do you believe is a more plausible explanation?

I think you underestimate the effectives, significance and power of that jab, as well as the straight rights that landed...some of them were "significant", you don't need to wobble and hurt a guy with a landed punch for it to be "significant".
BigG
I'd lean towards Wlad.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]358154[/snapback]
So I ask, how did Sam Peter's face get puffed up and bloodied in the fight against Wladimir Klitschko?

Simple. Klitschko's jab. The little Klt was fighting off the back foot ALL night until he mustered up the nerve to land that big left hook on a winded Peter in the 12...
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 20 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]358157[/snapback]
Simple. Klitschko's jab. The little Klt was fighting off the back foot ALL night until he mustered up the nerve to land that big left hook on a winded Peter in the 12...

RIGHT!...AND the straight rights that landed...no doubt, the jab was the main weapon by far, but it was not without significance.

Insignificant punches don't bloody up a fighter and puff up his face. Cory Spinks jab does not cause damage...a significant jab does.

So the point is that your contention that Wlad landed ONE significant punch the entire fight is obviously not correct...unless, of course, you believe in magic.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]358158[/snapback]
RIGHT!...AND the straight rights that landed...no doubt, the jab was the main weapon by far, but it was not without significance.

Insignificant punches don't bloody up a fighter and puff up his face. Cory Spinks jab does not cause damage...a significant jab does.

So the point is that your contention that Wlad landed ONE significant punch the entire fight is obviously not correct...unless, of course, you believe in magic.

Klitschko was fighting off the back foot all night and didn't manage to land anything meaningful between his many trips to the canvas until late in the fight. So, yes, that left hook was the only significant punch he threw in the fight...
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 20 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]358159[/snapback]
Klitschko was fighting off the back foot all night and didn't manage to land anything meaningful between his many trips to the canvas until late in the fight. So, yes, that left hook was the only significant punch he threw in the fight...

LOL...I see. So you subscribe to the magic theory.

Got it!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]358160[/snapback]
LOL...I see. So you subscribe to the magic theory.

Got it!

Had Peter taken a backwards step @ any time before the 12? As I recall, Peter had a complete LACK of respect for Klitschko's power and chased him around the ring like he stole something. So if the little Klit was landing 'significant' punches then 1) why was he running from Peter, and 2) why was Peter chasing him around the ring?
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 20 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]358161[/snapback]
Had Peter taken a backwards step @ any time before the 12? As I recall, Peter had a complete LACK of respect for Klitschko's power and chased him around the ring like he stole something. So if the little Klit was landing 'significant' punches then 1) why was he running from Peter, and 2) why was Peter chasing him around the ring?

Ummmm...because Peter only knows one way and has a terrific chin.

You think the jab landed, and straight rights he followed the jab with at times that landed clean and puffed Peter's face and bloodied him were "insignificant", as you seem to think only one punch landed all night was "significant".

Peter was not gassed, swollen and bloodied because he was hit with only one "significant" punch the entire night.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 20 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]358161[/snapback]

If that is the case, then why didn't Peter KO him then??? I mean if Klit only landed jabs and ONLY ONE significant punch the whole fight, why did Wlad win a unanimous decision? And don't say he ran all night, it's called boxing last time I checked. I don't recall anyone disputing the decision. Peter might have been aggresive in the fight, but he was ineffective the whole fight(except the flash knockdowns). Yeah, and why couldn't Peter finish off Klit? Nevermind, you'll say Klit ran around the ring. Look at the picture realistically, Sam got busted up pretty good.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]358162[/snapback]
Ummmm...because Peter only knows one way and has a terrific chin.

If those pnches were so 'significant' he would have put a dent in Peter's terrific chin. He didn't because the Klit was too busy running for dear life to stand his ground and land anything significant...

You think the jab landed, and straight rights he followed the jab with at times that landed clean and puffed Peter's face and bloodied him were "insignificant", as you seem to think only one punch landed all night was "significant".

The jab and right hand didn't slow Peter down and didn't prevent Peter from sending the little Klit to the canvas THREE times. Like I said, he didn't even take a backards step until the 12th...
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 20 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]358166[/snapback]
If those pnches were so 'significant' he would have put a dent in Peter's terrific chin. He didn't because the Klit was too busy running for dear life to stand his ground and land anything significant...
The jab and right hand didn't slow Peter down and didn't prevent Peter from sending the little Klit to the canvas THREE times. Like I said, he didn't even take a backards step until the 12th...

"So significant" is different from "significant"...go easy on the hyperbole. Besides, how do you know it would have dented Peter's chin? Significant punches can land and not dent a fighters chin if said fighter has a great chin. He did not only land "one significant" punch the entire fight, that is the point. Again, NO ONE said Wlad should have stopped him, the point that was argued was that Wlad landed only "one significant" punch. Why do you like to move away from your initial statement?

You still have been unable to explain how Peter got swollen, bloodied and puffed up. And an insignificant jab does not do that...sorry.

But whatever, lets just put the claim that Wlad only landed "one significant" punch all night to rest, because a hard jab and a hard right is in fact significant. I mean, if a fighter takes some big punches from another fighter, than it is safe to say he took some "significant" punches.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=21...&type=story

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Wladimir Klitschko's chin betrayed him yet again, but this time his stamina didn't.

Klitschko, despite suffering three knockdowns before 10,137 on Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall, survived to outlast Samuel Peter and win a unanimous decision.

Klitschko found himself down three times, but Peter (right) could not land a finishing blow.

The 12-round verdict might not have restored Klitschko -- getting knocked down three times won't do that -- but winning the heavyweight title elimination bout earned him mandatory challenger status for the titles held by Chris Byrd and Lamon Brewster.

The victory didn't come without a serious struggle against the heavily hyped Peter (24-1).

The 24-year-old self-proclaimed "Nigerian Nightmare," had caught a big buzz in the boxing world with his string of exciting knockouts, but against Klitschko he was taking a big step up in competition.

He chased Klitschko (45-3) for most of the fight, looking to land one big shot. And he did just that three times, knocking Klitschko down twice in the fifth round and again in the 10th.

But Klitschko, whose weak chin and lack of stamina were exposed in stunning upset knockout loss to Corrie Sanders and Brewster, was able to survive.

"I have put my losses behind me," Klitschko said. "Boxing is a lot of fun, simple as that. I am ready to fight anyone."

In the end, all three judges scored it the same: 114-111.

"Peter was a very strong opponent, but he kept hitting me in the back of the head," said Klitschko, once considered the division's heir apparent, a role Peter had taken over before the fight.

"It's wonderful to be back in the heavyweight picture. Hopefully, I convinced some of the critics that I have the stamina to go 12 rounds."

Peter showed that his power is genuine and that he also had a solid chin, taking some big punches from Klitschko, the younger brother of heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko. But Peter also was exposed as a one-dimensional fighter that Klitschko was able to outbox for much of the fight. By the end of the bout, the inexperienced Peter was also even more exhausted than Klitschko as he gasped for air.

"I took his best punch and knocked him down three times," Peter said. "I came to win but he did his best and he beat me. He beat me today, but maybe on my best day I can beat him. I learned from the experience of being in with a top opponent for the first time."

Klitschko (right) landed 204 punches, Peter just 100. All three judges scored it 114-111 for Klitschko.

With a six-inch height advantage quicker hands, Klitschko was able to box, jab and move out of the way of the oncoming rush. But Peter pressured him so much, Peter was bound to land an effective blow.

It happened in the fifth, when Peter landed a clubbing right hand near the back of Klitschko's head. He went down face-first but was up at the count of six from referee Randy Neumann.

But 30 seconds later, Klitschko went down again on a half-push, half-right hand.

In the past, Klitschko fell apart under such adversity, but this time he willed himself through it.

Peter, still stalking in the 10th, cornered Klitschko and then chased him across the ring throwing shots until a straight right landed on Klitschko's chin and dropped him along the ropes.

Klitschko was up quickly but Peter continued landing until the bell rang.

Peter, his eyes swelling closed, still was gunning for a knockout in the 12th round. He was swinging wild lefts and wobbled Klitschko. But moments later, Klitschko landed a shot that buckled Peter, who was spitting blood in the closing seconds.

I know, I know...Peter kept coming forward and did not get stopped, so surely none of those punches could have been significant. rolleyes_anim.gif
singletrack
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 20 2007, 05:13 PM) [snapback]358136[/snapback]
I thought it was a left something and yeah he did make Peter do a pretty good shuffle after it landed. Kind of a step to the left then to the right on rubber legs deal.

Like I said before, there is absolutely no comparison to how much more Vlad has improved to how Peter has improved since their first fight.

Eh I don't see that. Wlad dominated guys I expected him to dominate. Peter had a shaky fight against a slick guy in Toney that is hard to fight for anyone, save a prime Roy Jones Jr. He then came back and dominated Toney. It's hard to judge if Wlad actually improved based on his competition - with Peter it is clear. Peter is also a young, inexperienced fighter, so this isn't really a knock on Wlad.
singletrack
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]358134[/snapback]
All good.

Ive actually never paid attention to Manny's commentary. I think re-watching that night is disturbing because I saw, in person, Cotto take a savage beating and Peter lose a fight I thought he was destined to win. Although my instincts told me Wlad would probably win as he did - it was just too big of a step up for Peter.

That is VERY interesting that Manny was telling him to stand and trade. I'm not sure I like that advice if I'm a Wlad fan. I think standing and trading with Peter in the 12th of that fight is a lot different than doing so earlier before he was worn down from the jab and lack of conditioning. When did he start telling him to stand and trade?

He rocked him bad - that is a fact. When it happened, I remember thinking that Wlad would follow up and knock him out. I was amazed at how Peter recovered because that was a HUGE shot.

JD
QUOTE(singletrack @ Sep 21 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]358206[/snapback]
Ive actually never paid attention to Manny's commentary. I think re-watching that night is disturbing because I saw, in person, Cotto take a savage beating and Peter lose a fight I thought he was destined to win. Although my instincts told me Wlad would probably win as he did - it was just too big of a step up for Peter.

That is VERY interesting that Manny was telling him to stand and trade. I'm not sure I like that advice if I'm a Wlad fan. I think standing and trading with Peter in the 12th of that fight is a lot different than doing so earlier before he was worn down from the jab and lack of conditioning. When did he start telling him to stand and trade?

He rocked him bad - that is a fact. When it happened, I remember thinking that Wlad would follow up and knock him out. I was amazed at how Peter recovered because that was a HUGE shot.

He wasn't telling him to stand and trade with him...what he was saying was that he should punch when Peter punched. Stand his ground at times, and let a shot go when Peter was coming forward or when Peter thre...my bad if I made it sound like I thought Manny was telling him to stand and slug with him. He started with this as the fight wore on and he saw Peter was tired from what I recall.

Standing and just trading with Peter would be a bad idea and a strategy that nets him a loss....LOL.
rusty_trombone
How many more votes do we need before we call this a loss for Naysayer?
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 21 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]358226[/snapback]
How many more votes do we need before we call this a loss for Naysayer?

LOL! I knew this would be an issue before the poll went up. Nay is going to say it's not over yet. And when you do decide it is over, that will be his excuse. But Peter did better than I expected in this poll thus far.
BrutalBodyShots
It's quite clear from this thread and the Tua thread that Nay Sayer does not like Wlad and will say anything to try to punctuate that standpoint. I think it's a waste of time arguing with him about anything Wlad related.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 21 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]358237[/snapback]
LOL! I knew this would be an issue before the poll went up. Nay is going to say it's not over yet. And when you do decide it is over, that will be his excuse. But Peter did better than I expected in this poll thus far.

I'm not surprised that Peter did so well, I mean Bush still has 30% of the idiots of this country convinced he's doing a good job. I'm sure they're the same people that voted for Peter.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 20 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]358169[/snapback]
"So significant" is different from "significant"...

Bullshit.

go easy on the hyperbole. Besides, how do you know it would have dented Peter's chin? Significant punches can land and not dent a fighters chin if said fighter has a great chin.
Then those punches were not significant.

He did not only land "one significant" punch the entire fight, that is the point.

Yes, he did. Every other punch he threw was off the back foot.

Again, NO ONE said Wlad should have stopped him, the point that was argued was that Wlad landed only "one significant" punch. Why do you like to move away from your initial statement?
Well, if he were landing significant punches, like the left hook he landed in the 12th, that should have kept Peter honest. That, however, wasn't the case. Peter chased him around the ring like he stole something. And I'm NOT moving away from my initial statement.

You still have been unable to explain how Peter got swollen, bloodied and puffed up. And an insignificant jab does not do that...sorry.

More Bullshit.

But whatever, lets just put the claim that Wlad only landed "one significant" punch all night to rest,
Not hardly.

because a hard jab and a hard right is in fact significant.

Given the context, in accumulation, yes. However, the only significant punch that the Klit landed was that left hook in the 12th.

I mean, if a fighter takes some big punches from another fighter, than it is safe to say he took some "significant" punches.
The only big punch the Klit landed was the hook in the 12th...

I know, I know...Peter kept coming forward and did not get stopped, so surely none of those punches could have been significant. rolleyes_anim.gif

You said it...
BrutalBodyShots
What a waste of bandwidth.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 21 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]358262[/snapback]
What a waste of bandwidth.

i agree. i also cant seem to figure out how wlad busted up sams entire face with a single left hook in the 12th.
singletrack
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 21 2007, 06:23 AM) [snapback]358224[/snapback]
He wasn't telling him to stand and trade with him...what he was saying was that he should punch when Peter punched. Stand his ground at times, and let a shot go when Peter was coming forward or when Peter thre...my bad if I made it sound like I thought Manny was telling him to stand and slug with him. He started with this as the fight wore on and he saw Peter was tired from what I recall.

Standing and just trading with Peter would be a bad idea and a strategy that nets him a loss....LOL.

haha - thanks, yah that sounded odd - now I get it.
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 21 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]358261[/snapback]
Bullshit.
Then those punches were not significant.
Yes, he did. Every other punch he threw was off the back foot.
Well, if he were landing significant punches, like the left hook he landed in the 12th, that should have kept Peter honest. That, however, wasn't the case. Peter chased him around the ring like he stole something. And I'm NOT moving away from my initial statement.
More Bullshit.
Not hardly.
Given the context, in accumulation, yes. However, the only significant punch that the Klit landed was that left hook in the 12th.
The only big punch the Klit landed was the hook in the 12th...
You said it...

LOL...boy are you reaching now. Breaking complete thoughts up into small sentences and partial thoughts without context in an effort to be able to respond. laugh.gif

Again, from Dan Rafael's synopsis of the fight:

Peter showed that his power is genuine and that he also had a solid chin, taking some big punches from Klitschko, the younger brother of heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko.

Just stop now, you are sounding ridiculous...I know, I know..."taking some big punches" is meaningless and Wlad only landed "one significant punch" all night. I suppose it is feasible that you are a fan that is new to the sport, and needs to see a fighter buckle badly, or fall, or look ready to go in order to realize that a landed punch is "significant".

Perhaps Rafael is lying. rolleyes_anim.gif

Bottomline, you have been given TWO PIECES OF EVIDENCE that show that your assertion that Wlad "landed one significant punch all night" is not only silly, but totally incorrect. One is a picture of the fighters face after the fight, the other is a synopsis of the fight written by a boxing scribe from ESPN where he talks about Peter "taking some big punches from Klitschko".

You, on the other hand, are clinging to a hope that if you keep repeating the same invalid nonsense (with ZERO evidence), you will not have to admit that you are wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.