Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gerry Penalosa challenges Jorge Arce
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
This would be an excellent fight. I think Penalosa would beat Arce without much trouble.

torvix2000
This is a seriously wrong fight for Arce.
BigG
Yup....

Cristian Mijares will probably always be the worst matchup for Arce....but Gerry is almost as bad. Gerry is TOUGH with great defense, great counterpunching, and he fights smart and he does have speed and power in his shots. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Gerry stopped Arce.

Southeastpaw
There are many wrong fights for Arce. His lollipop sucking arse needs to step up and fight Gerry. I can definitely see Gerry takin Arce out.
pastor method
yo big george, do you have a bunch of penalosa fights on tape? i'd pay for a tape of some of his fights if you do. i've never seen any old penalosa fights and i missed the gonzalez fight and the fact that i missed that knockout has been eating me up! anyway, just thought i'd ask in case you were into tape trading. drop me a line if you want flem2050@wlu.ca
Don Flamenco
Ponce DeLeon Vs. Penalosa
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKA9HYQY
BigG
Pastor, I have the Gonzalez fight, Ponce De Leon fight, and Mauricio Martinez fight in my comp. I used to have Penalosa-Kawashima but that got lost when my hard drive broke.

There is a bunch of Penalosa footage in youtube. You can watch the Gonzalez and De Leon fight there
BigG
Here:

Penalosa vs. Salcedo round 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xghp454MfE

Penalosa vs. Martinez Highlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o9TAxwll10

Penalosa vs Cho KO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYa90QTW9VM

Penalosa vs Gonzlaez Round 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWp3rY0_00k
pastor method
thanks a lot guys.
kidbazooka1
You guys are seriousley getting al hyped up about Penalosa if ever a fighter got lucky it was him in his fight with Gonzalez.

Jhonny was outboxing him with ease until he got cought with that bodyshot gerry is nothing special his days as champ are numbered.

His biggest win was agianst Gonzalez other than that he hasn't beaten anyone of name.
BigG
Penalosa did not get lucky. He knocked Jhonny the fuck out with a beautifull counter body shot.

Jhonny wasn't outboxing him with ease.

He was up by 2 points after 6 and got knock the fuck out in the 7th.

If Jhonny was beating Gerry with ease what was he doing to Israel Vazquez? Giving him a Gatti-Mayweather clinic? After 7 rounds Jhonny was uo by 8 points against Vazquez.

Gerry is 36 and is champion again after 10 years. He has never been seriously hurt and has never been dominated. He is the man plain and simple.

I don't think you understand how good Gerry was/is. The man was skilled as hell. He was just never given the chance to shine and was ROBBED in japan/korea. All his losses in the past10 years have been controversial (Yes including the De Leon fight). The man was finally given a chance to shine at age 36 and look what happened. Knocked out the best Bantamweight in the world.

And Gonzalez is very good as well. We all know Fernando Montiel is my favorite little guy (along with Gerry) but Jhonny beat him in a close fight, knocked out Too Sharp, KOd Pacheco....Jhonny was the number one BW after Marquez moved up.
BigG
A quote from Freddie Roach

"Gerry is one of the best boxers that I have ever handled," said Roach. "Technically, he is one of the best, even better than Manny."
kidbazooka1
Cry bias all you want Im just simply stating my opinion.

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 22 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]358366[/snapback]
A quote from Freddie Roach

Roach knows thats BS plain and simple.

Who has Gerry beaten besides Gonzalez? NO ONE

You can say well he's never been given the chance but I can say the same about many pro boxer firends of mine.
T-MONEY
did j gonzlez have trouble makeing weight in his lose with gerry?
BigG
Gerry stopped Rantachai Sor Vorapin..a former world champion and one of Jhonny's best wins.

Gerry beat up Hiroshi Kawashima a former WBC champion who made a bunch of defenses to win his first championship.

He beat Maurico Martinez a former WBO champion

ANd he beat two former world champions Rolando Bohol and Rolando Pascua on the way up around 12 to 13 years ago.

I dont think what Roach is saying is BS.

Before Manny became famous (he was still fighting in the flyweight-super bantamweight divisions) he used to spar Gerry and Gerry used to beat him up.

Let's just see if Arce accepts Gerry's challenge so Gerry can add to his legacy.
thefloatingmonkey
Gerry is good, but he isn't great. He is a sound boxer. He would take Arce. Arce would have a lot of problems with his boxing. Arce shouldn't take the fight.
ghost13
I think Arce walks right through Penalosa.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 22 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]358429[/snapback]
Gerry stopped Rantachai Sor Vorapin..a former world champion and one of Jhonny's best wins.

Gerry beat up Hiroshi Kawashima a former WBC champion who made a bunch of defenses to win his first championship.

He beat Maurico Martinez a former WBO champion

ANd he beat two former world champions Rolando Bohol and Rolando Pascua on the way up around 12 to 13 years ago.

I dont think what Roach is saying is BS.

Before Manny became famous (he was still fighting in the flyweight-super bantamweight divisions) he used to spar Gerry and Gerry used to beat him up.

Let's just see if Arce accepts Gerry's challenge so Gerry can add to his legacy.

You just proved my point Gerry has beaten no one of significance.

I also have his fight agianst Rojas which was on the Pac/larios undercard. Gerry got whooped in that fight but because he was in his hometwon he got a gift do you remember that?

The guy has done nothing special in this sport.

If you wanna look out for a real up and coming pinoy fighter Donaire is the real deal.
BigG
Gerry didn't get whooped against Rojas. He landed the CLEANER blows all night. Alot of Rojas shots were blocked.

So beating Jhonny Gonzalez and Hiroshi Kawashima two very good champions is doing nothing?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 23 2007, 03:36 AM) [snapback]358478[/snapback]
Gerry didn't get whooped against Rojas. He landed the CLEANER blows all night. Alot of Rojas shots were blocked.

So beating Jhonny Gonzalez and Hiroshi Kawashima two very good champions is doing nothing?

Kawashima is nothing special I'll give him the Gonzalez fight but like I said luck played a big part in that, jhonny would beat him if he gives him a rematch.

I never said Gerry was a bum but you guys are making him out to be more than he was. The guy has never and will never reach legenday status he's just another fighter who's held a belt or two he will never be tought of as a great fight NEVER.

If I didn't know any better It would sound like you guys are saying he's accomplished just as much as Jones, DLH, Tito, MAB, Morales and Manny fighters of that caliber.
BigG
He hasn't accomplished that much...not enough to be considered great.

I'll just say this....you look at Gerry's resume on boxrec and you say "he's never beaten anyone besides Jhonny" (even though he's a 2x champ), but people recognize the skills he shows in the ring. Speaking of Nonito Donaire, he said that Gerry was his idol.

Like I said let's just see if Arce accepts Gerry's challenge.
torvix2000
This thread is about Gerry vs Jorge.

Arce is going to get knocked out COLD in this matchup. The only fighters who had beaten Gerry were those who knew how to use speed to maintain some distance. Plain and simple.
Jayhawkman
I don't know who I think would win the fight, but there is one thing I'm certain about... and that is with both of these fighters' styles it will be one hell of a fight. Arce comes straight ahead and is constantly attacking. GP is a smart fighter and an excellent counter puncher. Guaranteed to provide a lot of fireworks and eventhough I like Arce, maybe even some gay dancing horses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.