Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Liddell/Jardine, Shogun/Griffin
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Pages: 1, 2
Bill The Butcher
I predict a quick night on this UFC card.

Liddell VS. Jardine is a toss up. I'm leaning towards Jardine to pull off the upset. Should it even be considered an upset? If Jardine sits back and lets Liddell counter and fight at his own pace. Liddell will win. But if Jardine applies pressure and fights aggressive, he will win. Liddell can't fight going backwards. He leans straight back to avoid punches. I see Jardine catching him eventually. Jardine will win by TKO 1.

Shogun is obviously the heavy favorite going up against Griffin. A lot of people think Griffin can't make it out of the first round, but I'll be rooting for Griffin to pull off the upset. Okay, I will go out on a limb here and say Griffin is going to take him in the later rounds. This is Shogun's first fight in the Octagon. New rules, elbows, different atmosphere, etc. Shogun wont look like himself. And Griffin will pull away in the second and third round and walk away with a decision victory.
Southeastpaw
I tend to agree with you Bill. I am wondering if the Jackson blowout is just the beginning of the end for Liddell. While I like Alexander and think that he should do pretty well in the UFC, I think that Jardine did take him a bit lightly. Jardine is a beast and am edging towards him to win. But I would not be unhappy for Chuck to prove me wrong.

I think that Shogun is going to destroy Griffin. Griffin is a fun guy with a bunch of heart, but the only thing I really think he has going for him is the cage. If he can somehow use his cage knowledge to his advantage, he may be able to get somewhere. I mean we all saw how Crocop is having trouble dealing with the cage, same could be true with SHogun. But somehow, I doubt it.

I am looking forward to the Fitch/Sanchez fight. I am pullin for Fitch. He has got some momentum coming into this fight and we will get to see how Sanchez reacts after his first loss. Should be an exciting night of fights. I am expecting the two mian fights to end in the 1st round. But I think Sanchez and Fitch will most likely go the distance, but still be entertaining.
Bill The Butcher
Shogun destroying Griffin is definitely the most likely scenario.

And don't get me wrong, I like Liddell, but I just think Jardine is going to catch him. That fight is 50/50, well 55/45 for Jardine. They can both pop, and they both been rocked in their last fights.

I've never seen Fitch or Sanchez fight. I think a lot of people are picking Fitch to win.

Al B Sure
Liddell is going to knock Jardine's head off his shoulders. Jardine has horrible stand up apart from his decent leg kicks. Liddell is an elite level LHW, while Jardine is a C level fighter. If it wasn't for the great undercard I wouldn't even bother ordering the PPV.

The fact you never seen Diego Sanchez or Jon Fitch fight proves you problay know jackshit about MMA.
pastor method
liddell can't fight going backwards? much of his best work in the last few years has been counter punching while going backwards.... he knocked out babalu and couture X2 going backwards. the more aggressive jardine is early, the easier he will be caught. everyone is quick to doubt chuck since he lost, but don't forget he was the most dominant champion (aside from fedor, despite his lack of tough competition recently) in mma before his last fight. the only thing that could really hurt chuck here is that he's getting up there in age but he's bounced back from losses before and i think he'll do it again saturday.
jardine is still a very tough test and his excellent leg kicks, power and conditioning will make for an entertaining fight while it lasts.

shogun should walk right through forrest. i don't know why the ufc would match one of their golden boys with rua. i like griffin and he's better than a lot of people give him credit for but rua track record shows he is a special kind of fighter.

the best match up on the card, in my opinion, is fitch vs sanchez, should be a great fight.

chuck ko2
rua tko2
fitch ud 29-28

thehype
Actually, I like Jardine's chances a lot...and I do know shit about MMA.

LOL

Seriously though, I'm not expecting Jardine to win, but if he does, it wouldn't shock me at all.

I actually think Forrest has the best chance of pulling off the upset. For some reason, those Pride boys have all looked terrible in their debuts. And suprisingly, or not so surprisingly if you know Forrest, he actually ASKED for the fight with Rua.

And give me Fitch over Diego.
Al B Sure
QUOTE(pastor method @ Sep 20 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]358167[/snapback]
the best match up on the card, in my opinion, is fitch vs sanchez, should be a great fight.

I personally like Thiago Tavarez Vs. Tyson Griffin, could be an amazing fight.
AussieLad
If jardine comes out with that monkey man stance he employed vs alexander houston, he is going to sleep.
Bill The Butcher
Al B Sure, I never claimed I know everything about MMA. And the fact that I have never seen Diego Sanchez or Jon Fitch fight, I guess I don't. They are just my predictions. Am I right? I guess we will have to wait and see on Saturday night. I have learned anything can happen in UFC.

Pastor Method, you are right about Liddell knocking out a few good opponents going backwards. Liddell is a dangerous counter puncher like I stated above. If Jardine lets him set the pace of the fight, I think Liddell will win, but I think he has a lot of flaws in his stand up game, especially in his defense. He throws looping punches, that can be easily countered as well. He leans straight back to dodge punches. That's what got him in trouble against Rampage the two times they have fought.
jlupi
Liddell is a dangerous counter puncher like I stated above>>>

I always thaught liddel would have trouble with a guy who can strike. Hes got power but his boxing is shit
Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(jlupi @ Sep 21 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]358257[/snapback]
I always thaught liddel would have trouble with a guy who can strike. Hes got power but his boxing is shit

I agree. I always thought the same thing too. Liddell has improved his takedown defense a lot. I think in order to beat him, is to beat him at his own game. He has a lot of holes standing up. He seems to have forgotten his kicks. That's why I see Jardine winning this fight.
Al B Sure
QUOTE(jlupi @ Sep 21 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]358257[/snapback]

Good thing Jardine's boxing is even worse.
Southeastpaw
LOL. What's up with Al B talkin smack outta nowhere? Kids these days.....

Before Rampage, who was the last "striker" Liddell faced? Yeah, it's been a while. Rampage didn't have much trouble finding Liddell. Liddell, is, or maybe was elite level. This is why I am interested in this fight. Liddell has been lookin a little sloppy and off balance lately. I am kinda thinkin that he may be at the end of his rope. But I like the guy. Jardine is a beast and would not count him out by any means. I am leaning towards him in this fight.

I really like what I have seen of Tyson Griffin. He has amazing balance and agility. He is goin places. But, I have not seen Tavares fight before. So I guess this means I don't know shit about MMA. lol
Bill The Butcher
HAHA!

Southeastpaw, well at least you know Fitch and Sanchez. How do you think I feel?

(I only seen a few episodes of Ultimate Fighter. Isn't that where Sanchez started being televised? And Fitch? Never seen him fight. Only read about him.)

AussieLad
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Sep 21 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]358266[/snapback]
I agree. I always thought the same thing too. Liddell has improved his takedown defense a lot. I think in order to beat him, is to beat him at his own game. He has a lot of holes standing up. He seems to have forgotten his kicks. That's why I see Jardine winning this fight.

I agree. Lidell hasnt used his kicks all that much in a while. He's been head hunting with punches, and his innate ability of scrabbling out of take downs (rather than wrestle and submit) has allowed him to do just that.

jardine has a good kit of powerfull leg kicks, and this may force chuck to drag out another part of his arsenal that he hasnt had to use in a while to fight fire with fire.

I still see chuck taking jardine out with a clean KO punch, but with both guys having something to prove its not a one sided or certain by any means

I cant call on forrest griffin vs Shogun. Honestly havent seen too many mma fights outside of the ufc, apart from an occasional bodog or cage rage card, and youtube vids of fedor, so i dont know that much about shogun. What i will say is that transitioning to ufc rules may upset his natural game. Now he has to deal with elbows, he cant do those head stomps while his opponents down, and the cage factor. That all favors griffin. But from what i read of shogun, he is considered the best at this weight... I cant wait
jp
How is Keith Jardine all of a sudden a toss up with Chuck Liddell? Last time I saw Jardine in a fight he was getting his face punched off by Houston "I think we have a problem" Alexander in his first UFC fight now all of a sudden it's a 50/50 fight with Chuck? Jesus....Chuck gets KO'd by Rampage (most people who knew anything about MMA thought was going to beat him anyways) and now he's supposed to have problems with Keith Jardine? Chuck's stand up game is miles ahead of Jardine and I have never seen anything from Jardine that shows he can take Liddell to the ground and pound out a win. Honestly Chuck is better than Jardine in pretty much every aspect, the guys lost one fight in 3-4 years and he is going to starch Jardine in the first round. I'm not a Liddell fan by any means but the hate for Chuck since he lost is pretty ridiculous, anything can happen in MMA but the smart money is on Chuck for this fight.
AussieLad
QUOTE(jp @ Sep 22 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]358352[/snapback]
How is Keith Jardine all of a sudden a toss up with Chuck Liddell? Last time I saw Jardine in a fight he was getting his face punched off by Houston "I think we have a problem" Alexander in his first UFC fight now all of a sudden it's a 50/50 fight with Chuck? Jesus....Chuck gets KO'd by Rampage (most people who knew anything about MMA thought was going to beat him anyways) and now he's supposed to have problems with Keith Jardine? Chuck's stand up game is miles ahead of Jardine and I have never seen anything from Jardine that shows he can take Liddell to the ground and pound out a win. Honestly Chuck is better than Jardine in pretty much every aspect, the guys lost one fight in 3-4 years and he is going to starch Jardine in the first round. I'm not a Liddell fan by any means but the hate for Chuck since he lost is pretty ridiculous, anything can happen in MMA but the smart money is on Chuck for this fight.

I think most people here would consider jardine the underdog, its just a few have been ballsy enough to call an upset.

No doubt jardines hands arent as good as chucks, and i agree he doesnt have much chance at getting anything done in the takedown dept.

Its just that jardine was on a bit of a high before being derailed by houston, and it could just be a case of underestimating an unknown opponent. He is a dangerous man, and did knock houston down, only he got wreckless going for the kill when his opponent wasnt really rocked. He got caught hard early and couldnt recover. But its the exact same scenario chuck is in, only he should have known how dangerous his opponent was, even still he got careless early and got caught. Simple as that.

Knockout losses can change a fighter, for better or worse. We wont know which has been damaged by his last loss, and which will emerge unscathed or better than before

The only difference here is that the quality of opposition they each lost to. Rampage is elite, houston certainly appears to have the goods, but is still relatively untested.
Bill The Butcher
I like Chuck Liddell too. Always have. Out of these two fighters, I'm more of a fan of Liddell's. Honestly, I'm not even a huge Jardine fan.

I think one of the ways to beat Chuck Liddell, is to strike with him. I think Keith Jardine has plenty of power to put Chuck down and finish him off. Don't get me wrong, Chuck could easily knock out Jardine as well. Chuck Liddell has some heavy hands. If Jardine lets Liddell fight at his pace, takes his time and sets up the counter punches, it could be lights out for Jardine. I'm just leaning towards Jardine to pull off the upset.

Al B Sure
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 21 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]358313[/snapback]
LOL. What's up with Al B talkin smack outta nowhere? Kids these days.....

I'm an adult who most likely been watching MMA longer than a TUF n00b like you.

Before Rampage, who was the last "striker" Liddell faced?
When was the last time Jardine ever faced a great striker? Alexander? Unproven fighter. As far as MMA fighters go, Liddell has proven himself over the elite class. Need I reminder you he holds 2 victories over the current HW champion, Randy Couture? Who is no joke as a striker himself.

Yeah, it's been a while. Rampage didn't have much trouble finding Liddell. Liddell, is, or maybe was elite level. This is why I am interested in this fight. Liddell has been lookin a little sloppy and off balance lately. I am kinda thinkin that he may be at the end of his rope. But I like the guy. Jardine is a beast and would not count him out by any means. I am leaning towards him in this fight.

I predicted Rampage to beat Liddell based on his MMA style alone. Rampage has great boxing for MMA standards. But Jardine is stand up is even more sloppier than Rampages. Jardines boxing is horrible, he has KO power, but not on par with Rampages.

Jardine is not some kind of monster, he's only chance is chancing Liddell with a lucky chin shot.

I really like what I have seen of Tyson Griffin. He has amazing balance and agility. He is goin places. But, I have not seen Tavares fight before. So I guess this means I don't know shit about MMA. lol

Tavares is a beast as far as pure BJJ goes, but Griffin is an extremely strong wrestler with great submisson defence, which makes great for an amazing fight. Can't wait to see it.
BigG
Could care less about the Liddell fight.

But I'm very interested in seeing Shogun.
The CEO
Shogun is a shoe in...you will see a super quick submission. Griffin ain't ready for what's in store for him...poor dude.

Jardine COULD pull off the upset...I'd say he's got a 20% chance. The most likely scenario is Liddell knocking him out in the 1st or 2nd round....
pcraw
Liddell by 1st round knockout. Griffin by 2nd round gnp. Fitch by 2nd round gnp (although he looked very weak at the weigh ins), tavares by 3rd round triangle choke (fight of the night). Jardin is tailor made for Chuck and all of this talk about crazy ko power he only koed Forrest by strikes in the UFC in 6 fights and that was an accumalation. He was winning alot of decisions and stopped that one guy on leg kicks. Shogun will look shakey just like every other Pride guy. UFC rules are all wrond for Chutebox fighters. No stomps, knees to the head on the ground or soccer kicks = Half of what Shogun likes to do gone. Wanderlei Silva is a beast when he can use stomps and things of that nature, but was 0-2 in the UFC. Forrest will pound out Shogun (mark my words). I hope Fitch didnt kill himself in the sauna b/c that's the only way I could see him losing to Sanchez. Diego's training with Bojado and DLH has him believing in his hands too much. Tavares is ape with his BJJ and Griffin's aggression will serve as downfall. Peace!
pastor method
to round out the main card, i'll take tavares and machida by decision.
AussieLad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VajnpCFv2mM
Southeastpaw
I'm an adult who most likely been watching MMA longer than a TUF n00b like you

And that means you can pick a fight better than I, I guess this is what you mean or something.

ALl Liddell is really had to work on pretty much since his first Rampage fight is avoiding the takedown, creating distance, and landing his shots. His stand-up has been far better than the "ground game" guys he has been fighting, INCLUDING Couture. While Jardine is no world class boxer, neither is Chuck. I have seen Chuck time and time again get caught with shots, but his land harder and cleaner than his opponents giving him the KO. I am picking Jardine because he is younger, more athletic, and a monster puncher. I really do not think Chuck's stand up is awesome. He can be sloppy, wings his shots, and is off balance a bunch. This has actually been getting worse. To tell you the truth, this fight is pretty even though when I really think about it. Both have strong KO power and both get hit. I am just edging Jardin cause of his youth and better athletisism. But we will see Mr MMA.
Warlord
Liddell KO's Jardine 99% of the time, but you never know. Chuck's pushing 40 and you can never predict how a fighter comes back after he's been brutally KO'd the way Chuck was. It's not in the realm of impossibility for Jardine to pull of the mild upset.

As for Shogun/Griffin, that is a different story. I don't know who mentioned elbows being a disadvantage for Shogun, but that is an incorrection. You have to remember, Shogun is a vicious Muay Thai fighter. Elbow strikes will very much work to his advantage. I don't see Forrest making it out of the first round.

Diego Sanchez by G'N'P stoppage over Fitch unless he comes to the ring sick or out of shape.
BrutalBodyShots
Guess a lot of your are very surprised by the upsets as almost everyone was taking Liddell, Shogun and Sanchez.

jp
Hat's off to Jardine and Forrest.....Shogun looked like dogshit and was completely gassed halfway through the 2nd round. Forrest fought great and deserved the victory, so much for all the PrideFC vs UFC talk, it's pretty clear now which organization has the stiffer competition.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Al B Sure @ Sep 20 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]358149[/snapback]
Liddell is going to knock Jardine's head off his shoulders. Jardine has horrible stand up apart from his decent leg kicks. Liddell is an elite level LHW, while Jardine is a C level fighter. If it wasn't for the great undercard I wouldn't even bother ordering the PPV.

The fact you never seen Diego Sanchez or Jon Fitch fight proves you problay know jackshit about MMA.

Good call Mr MMA. laugh.gif
BigG
Shogun looked bad....poor stamina and he looked soft. Props to Griffin...I always thought he kinda sucked.....well I guess this is his moment.

There should be a rematch.
thehype
laugh.gif

Man it's always nice to look back on threads like these to see what people had to say.

laugh.gif
Bill The Butcher
Damn, I was almost right about my prediction that Griffin would win a decision. Nice finishing touch for Griffin to sink in the choke at the end. I was really surprised that Shogun gassed out that fast.

Congrats to Griffin and Jardine.

Jardine's leg kicks were good. Liddell wasn't liking those one bit. I liked Jardine's combo he kept pulling off. The right leg kick, then a left hook.
hardhead
Liddell got his fucking ass beat, fucking dudes like Jardine beating his ass now. He's getting beat up by his own game now(striking) My have the mighty fallen. All Liddell is and ever was was a dude who had great takedown defense and power in his fist, skill and his name should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

Fucking Griffen fight surprised the hell out of me, I always thought Griffen was an average/solid fighter, nothing special, great heart and determination though...Great win for him,biggest win of his career no doubt. Shit probably the biggest win out of all of the TUF fighters so far, most of them from what I've see have been rather disappointing(with a few exceptions).

Personally I don't like the upset every fight shit, kind of makes you wonder how good/skilled some of these fighters really are. Of course I'm in the minority but it every fucking time, it's like who's the next champ to go down? The next one that wins the title. I will say, one upset I'd like to see is Serra kicking Hughes's head in, man is Hughes just a fucking prick...Great fighter, very good ground and pound, tremendous strength but an asshole...
hardhead
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Sep 23 2007, 07:16 AM) [snapback]358471[/snapback]
Damn, I was almost right about my prediction that Griffin would win a decision. Nice finishing touch for Griffin to sink in the choke at the end. I was really surprised that Shogun gassed out that fast.

Congrats to Griffin and Jardine.

Jardine's leg kicks were good. Liddell wasn't liking those one bit. I liked Jardine's combo he kept pulling off. The right leg kick, then a left hook.

I guess you don't know "jack shit" about MMA huh Bill??? laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bill The Butcher
I hear you Hardhead. It's hard for UFC fighters to stay on top.
The CEO
Yeah...way to go, Bill...laugh.gif

and to ANYONE that picked Forrest Griffin....congratulations.

Shogun fucking gassing and getting choked out is the last thing I would have expected....I still want to see it to believe it...something had to be wrong with him...
The CEO
I'm STILL in shock...

If you bet on MMA fights nowadays, you're gambling for REAL...

I mean...what's next? Fedor coming over and getting kneebarred by Brad Imes?

Dana White must have constant diarhhea right now...laugh.gif

Bill The Butcher
Yeah, I'll never bet on a MMA fight.

Shogun gassing out was a shock to me too. I wonder if he was just too nervous and tense in the Octagon. Has he ever fought in the United States before? They do say that UFC is the Super Bowl of MMA.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(hardhead @ Sep 23 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]358473[/snapback]
Liddell got his fucking ass beat, fucking dudes like Jardine beating his ass now. He's getting beat up by his own game now(striking) My have the mighty fallen. All Liddell is and ever was was a dude who had great takedown defense and power in his fist, skill and his name should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

Fucking Griffen fight surprised the hell out of me, I always thought Griffen was an average/solid fighter, nothing special, great heart and determination though...Great win for him,biggest win of his career no doubt. Shit probably the biggest win out of all of the TUF fighters so far, most of them from what I've see have been rather disappointing(with a few exceptions).

Personally I don't like the upset every fight shit, kind of makes you wonder how good/skilled some of these fighters really are. Of course I'm in the minority but it every fucking time, it's like who's the next champ to go down? The next one that wins the title. I will say, one upset I'd like to see is Serra kicking Hughes's head in, man is Hughes just a fucking prick...Great fighter, very good ground and pound, tremendous strength but an asshole...

I agree with you on Liddell Hardhead. I really liked him when I first got into MMA. But once I really starting to understand the game, I saw HUGE flaws that I could not believe I did not see before.

As far as Griffin goes; I still think that he is an above average fighter, as I do Matt Serra. I don't think either of them are Awesome. I know that sounds weird, but when the fuck does Shogun get TOTALLY exhausted by the 2nd? He was DONE, looked like he had NO stamina. Although, I like Griffin's determination and heart, I still am not won over, don't know why? But I thing that Serra has the biggest win out of the TUF fighters. But even though he beat GSP, I still think GSP is the best @ 170. I think Serra would get beat by plenty at that weight whereas I do not see that with GSP. In UFC, it seems EVERYONE has a bad night, and I truely believe that Serra would get beat handily if he ever gets into the ring with Pierre angain. Just my take.

Where is Mr MMA anyhow. He comes on talkin all kinds of shit downin people sayin he has been followin MMA for so much longer and gives a preciction for Chuck to dominate Jardine without any kind of debate. Al, you may have been following MMA longer, but maybe you should actually be sober when you watch and then you would have seen the inevitable demise of Liddell coming.
hardhead
Agreed, I forgot about the Serra win over St Peirre, that was the biggest win of TUF fighters. Although when I think of TUF fighter's I mostly think of the guys that were kind of homegrown(with little experience on the big stage) that are supposed to be "the next great thing", Serra had some UFC experience before coming to the show so he had been around as a legit fighter before the show.

About the stamina issues, I sometimes wonder how good a shape some of the these guys are really in, it seems like some of them don't have nearly the stamina that we think they do, that or they're not training enough for stamina and endurance in camp, or maybe it was a case of taking him lightly combined with the fact that this was the first time he was fighting in a very different enviroment(different country) and nerves got to him, your mental state can often effect your stamina...

I also like Serra and ST Pierre but I agree with your take, I think if they rematch I would favor St Peirre(I was very high on GSP, he' very well rounded and just got caught), this time around. I'll be pulling hard for Serra in the Hughes fight, I can't stand Hughes and would love to see him get his ass kicked, even then I'm not sure he beats Hughes, unless he keeps it standing(Hughes standup is not good and Serra has more athleticism to exploit that matchup), if it goes to the ground a lot I like Hughes chances of course...
hardhead
Speaking of rematch's I'm not so sure I like Franklin's chances against Silva, I'm not sure about Silva's ground game but he has some speed and great knees and good hands and he just demolished Franklin I'm not sure what kind of adjustments he can make. Silva also has the reach advantage and Franklin couldn't do anything in the clinch.

What's your take on that fight Southeastpaw?
STEVENSKI
I don't know much about MMA but I think Franklin gets a beatdown from Silva & a bad one at that.

I must be in the minority as I quite like Hughes even though he is a arrogant prick. Then again if I was as good as him I would be arrogant too.

MMA will probably never replace my love of boxing but with every well matched PPV I buy it makes me despise the boxing matchmakers more & more.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(jp @ Sep 23 2007, 01:35 AM) [snapback]358462[/snapback]
Hat's off to Jardine and Forrest.....Shogun looked like dogshit and was completely gassed halfway through the 2nd round. Forrest fought great and deserved the victory, so much for all the PrideFC vs UFC talk, it's pretty clear now which organization has the stiffer competition.

Congratulations. The Ignorant Post Of The Day award goes to you!

jp
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 23 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]358547[/snapback]
Congratulations. The Ignorant Post Of The Day award goes to you!

how's that?
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(hardhead @ Sep 23 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]358543[/snapback]
Speaking of rematch's I'm not so sure I like Franklin's chances against Silva, I'm not sure about Silva's ground game but he has some speed and great knees and good hands and he just demolished Franklin I'm not sure what kind of adjustments he can make. Silva also has the reach advantage and Franklin couldn't do anything in the clinch.

What's your take on that fight Southeastpaw?

I am a bit biased on this fight. Anderson is my favorite MMA fighter, period. He is very fast and seems to adapt and adjust in different situations. Now, I have only seen 5 of his fights, but I really like what I have seen. I saw his submission loss to Ryo Chonan. But Spider was putting it on him before that crazy ass sub. Anderson is about the most spectacular fighter on his feet, although his ground game does have flaws, but he still seems to manage to pull it out. Silva is a very clever fighter. I was even kinda impressed with the way Silva dealt with Lutter in stopping him. Lutter has an excellent ground game and also outweighed Anderson by a pretty wide margin when they met.

Anyhow, I am going with Anderson all the way in the rematch with Franklin. I believe he has everything going in his favor. Mentally and physically. Anderson is coming an impressive 1st round KO of Marquardt, while Franklin is coming off an uneventful win over Okami, in a fight which I thought Okami could have pulled out if he had some fire under his ass. And that was also a pretty brutal KO loss that Anderson dealt Rich. All things pointing to Silva again, but there is never a "shoe in"(as CEO said about Griffen/Rua laugh.gif But I thought as well) in this sport. SO Rich could win, but I doubt it.
BrutalBodyShots
It's pretty clear which ORGANIZATION is better in your view based on ONE FIGHT. Laughable and ignorant.

Southeastpaw
The organizations are competitive. But we gotta keep in mind that it is the Pride guys comin to the uFC and having to deal with the change of rules and change from ring to cage and rules, etc..... Rua and CroCop obviously did not meet expectations. But on the other hand, Jackson did. Anderson Silva also came from Pride and is pretty dominate. So we have a middleweight and a LHW champion, each from Pride. Seems anyone who is anyone is comin to UFC anyhow, so UFC is inevitable going to end up with the best fighters in time.
STEVENSKI
From what limited exposure I have seen the Pride guys seem to have some trouble adapting to the cage no knee no stomp format. Give them time to adapt properly & we will see but it is too early to gauge them yet. Remember what happened to so many UFC boys that went to Japan & got beat down. maybe they had trouble adapting to the different rules & format as well.

Personally I would like to see soccer kicks, knees & headbutts allowed in UFC.
Southeastpaw
I wanna see some nunchucks and bowstaffs as well. lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 24 2007, 02:30 AM) [snapback]358567[/snapback]
I wanna see some nunchucks and bowstaffs as well. lol

Seriously I used to love seeing a old fashioned drop knee to the head & headbutt exchanges when in the mount in the early UFC's.

What first made me love UFC was a early one I watched where some geeky looking Belgian cracked a fat sumo & then kicked him in the face when he was down. That appeals to my more primal instincts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.