Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brock Lesnar signs with UFC
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Southeastpaw
I'm not sure how he will do, but I saw him take that poor Judo fighter out very quickly his first fight out. He looks INCREDIBLY strong. Interesting.
Al B Sure
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 21 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]358314[/snapback]
I'm not sure how he will do, but I saw him take that poor Judo fighter out very quickly his first fight out. He looks INCREDIBLY strong. Interesting.

He has great wrestling credentials(NCAA Div 1 champion) so he has a lot of potential. He needs the right training camp.
jp
I'm interested to see how he does with his post fight drug test.............
jp
On a serious note, Lesnar sounds delusional in the interviews that I've read. He's already calling out couture after his first fight and it honestly sounded like he still thought he was doing promos for the WWE. The guy has some great collegiate wrestling credentials but that doesn't translate into him being competitive in MMA. I can't wait for this guy to get punched in the face by a legit heavyweight, they should put him in with cro cop and let him kick his head into the 3rd row.
AussieLad
QUOTE(jp @ Sep 22 2007, 04:17 AM) [snapback]358353[/snapback]
I'm interested to see how he does with his post fight drug test.............

Haha thats just what i was thinking.

I didnt see the fight, but was his opponent a hand picked easy target? It sounded like he dominated a so so, much smaller man.
thehype
He actually didn't look to be bad in that fight...but still, I'd like to see him in with some stiffer competition.
Al B Sure
QUOTE(jp @ Sep 21 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]358355[/snapback]
On a serious note, Lesnar sounds delusional in the interviews that I've read. He's already calling out couture after his first fight and it honestly sounded like he still thought he was doing promos for the WWE. The guy has some great collegiate wrestling credentials but that doesn't translate into him being competitive in MMA. I can't wait for this guy to get punched in the face by a legit heavyweight, they should put him in with cro cop and let him kick his head into the 3rd row.

Everyone who trains with him invcluding a lot of MMA veterans think he has the overall mind state and skills to become a contender. Interesting to see when what the UFC does with him.
STEVENSKI
He ain't gettin choked out anytime soon with that neck of his.
Warlord
Lesnar is Garbage. Whoever said he should step in with CroCop is right on the money, lol.
imperial
Brock Lesner will lose by KO the minute he gets in with a well rounded striker ! All those muscles can't protect that chin !
DEP Nihilist
Looks like he's taking on Frank Mir on Superbowl weekend.
AussieLad
It will be interesting to see Frank Mir in action again. The version of him after the accident was a shadow of his former self in terms of conditioning and timing. Has he pulled himself back together? if Mir is still a spent force this is a good name to debut against (former champ, broke tim sylvias arm, tank abbott beat down)

If Mir comes in to the ring in form, he should take out lesnar. But if he still looking like a done fighter, i can see lesnar ground and pounding a good win over a good name. He may not be a striker, but with his size, power and wrestling skills, so long as he can take the fight to the ground he has a deent chance over a sub par Mir
Southeastpaw
I guess I am the only one here that actually thinks that Brock is going to do very well in the UFC. The dude KNOWS wresling, fake and real. I'll bet he can make someone tap due to "Bearhug". LOL. Seriously though, the man with his strength and background is going to surprise everyone. At least he is fighting a good name already. Look at this fool Kimbo. Who the hell is this bum he is fighting on EliteXC satuday night? I forget the guy's name.......Bo somethin. The guy is 10-10 and has lost his last 4 fights against ??????????????
DEP Nihilist
It will be interesting to say the least...I hope 81 is a decent card because 78 looks awful, now Terrell is injured, but I wasn't going to waste the money anyway. 79 is a solid card barring any injuries and 80, even though it is way out, with Penn-Stevenson and Gonzaga coming back should be pretty good.
Southeastpaw
I'm really interested in the Evans/Bisping match-up. My $ is on Evans all day.
thehype
I think Brock can be somewhat successful given his wrestling background. Hell, his size alone might make it difficult for someone like Mir to actually pull off a submission. That being said, I'd like to actually see him in the Octagon with someone who's a good striker.

The question is, will we get a chance to see him pull off the F-5 inside the Octagon.

LOL
AussieLad
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 7 2007, 12:50 AM) [snapback]363966[/snapback]
I guess I am the only one here that actually thinks that Brock is going to do very well in the UFC. The dude KNOWS wresling, fake and real. I'll bet he can make someone tap due to "Bearhug". LOL. Seriously though, the man with his strength and background is going to surprise everyone. At least he is fighting a good name already. Look at this fool Kimbo. Who the hell is this bum he is fighting on EliteXC satuday night? I forget the guy's name.......Bo somethin. The guy is 10-10 and has lost his last 4 fights against ??????????????

I cant remember where i saw it, but i recall reading about Kimbo vs Tank Abbott being looked at. Now that would be a great fight to watch, entertaining though not at the highest level of the sport obviously.

I wouldve been hilarious if old kimbo had strolled into the tanks bar looking to do one of his youtube videos, then you would have seen a real fight instead of one sided blowouts. Old tank cant fight against anyone with a decent ground game, but kimbo has no real wrestling anyways so it ends up a striking match. Kimbo slug with the tank and then eat canvas
BigJuicyHog
Yeah, I watched that Elitexc fight and it was garbage. The dude got knocked down by Kimbo and tapped out as Kimbo was getting ready to fire on him while he was on the ground. What a joke. Tank is way past him hayday, but he is dangerous and super strong. I think it would be a good fight. I think Lesnar had a chance to do well, but time will tell.
Warlord
I yearn for the day Brock Lesnar steps into the ring with a legitimate MMA fighter... and perishes. He's Garbage, with a capital GAY. If there is a God in heaven, Lesnar will we forced to face Fedor in a Sambo deathmatch in Siberia, Russia in the dead of winter.
ryguy jones jr
Why are you hating on Lesnar already?

How can you possibly know that he will be garbage when he has only had 1 fight?

The guy is strong as fuck and agile as fuck and has a strong wrestling background.

What are you jealous of his massive traps?

Go ahead and put him in there with glass jaw Crocop. It would be hilarious if Lesnar just tackled him and pounded him out in 30 seconds.
Warlord
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Nov 16 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]365530[/snapback]

The guy is strong as fuck and agile as fuck and has a strong wrestling background.

Go ahead and put him in there with glass jaw Crocop. It would be hilarious if Lesnar just tackled him and pounded him out in 30 seconds.

Your total defiance in the face of logic astounds me. Congratulations, you're awesome.
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(Warlord @ Nov 17 2007, 03:10 AM) [snapback]365550[/snapback]
Your total defiance in the face of logic astounds me. Congratulations, you're awesome.

They guy has a Jones Jr. user name...what do you expect?
ryguy jones jr
QUOTE(Warlord @ Nov 17 2007, 03:10 AM) [snapback]365550[/snapback]

lets wait and see what happens Karnak
Warlord
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Nov 19 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]366102[/snapback]
lets wait and see what happens Karnak

Sure thing, rygay.
thehype
Of course, I guess it really depends on your definition of "garbage". Will he be as skilled in all areas like certain fighters? Probably not, but then again, his wrestling skills are going to be better than most and given the amount of time he's had to train, his striking skills have probably improved somewhat. I'll tell ya what...I certainly like Brock's chances in the standup game better than I like Houston Alexander's chances in the ground game.

LOL
Warlord
A good wrestling background isn't enough to gaurantee you success in today's MMA. Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman, Matt Hamill, and a hand full of others with an excellent pedigree in wrestling should serve a good example of just how hard it is for a pure "wrestler" to make waves in the game today. Being able to take a guy down is great, but then what? That lay-and-pray bullshit we see out of Koscheck, Hamill, Kerr, Coleman, and others is a grade A way to make your career short, boring, and unfulfilling.

You've got to have at least some working knowledge of submissions, submission defense, and in the case of the UFC, ring control within the cage. A shitbag like Brock Lesnar may be "big as fuck" as one of our more eloquent posters put it, but what does that mean when you have a fighter with zero standup skills? Brock is going to be a lay-and-pray fighter anyway, which means his size is going to work against him when he goes for a shoot.

The second Lesnar faces a decent standup artist who possesses even a half-decent shoot defense, he's gonna get eaten alive. And what about when he faces a well-rounded fighter like Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, who is superior on both the ground and in standing? I'll tell you what happens. The fucker either gets KO'd or taps out after a sick triangle-choke is put around his fat-ass neck.

Lesnar has a sharp learning curve. Too sharp, IMO. He may lay-and-pray to victory over c-calibre fighters, but he won't do shit the minute he steps in with a real fighter.
DEP Nihilist
Frank Mir blows regardless of the result.

Speaking of lay and pray the best was when Leben called out Josh "The Blanket" Koscheck.
Warlord
QUOTE(DEP Nihilist @ Nov 20 2007, 12:02 AM) [snapback]366146[/snapback]
Frank Mir blows regardless of the result.

Speaking of lay and pray the best was when Leben called out Josh "The Blanket" Koscheck.

laugh.gif Leben was a classic on TUF.
streetlion1
Sorry to dissapoint the haters but Lesnar is gonna be a beast in the UFC. Mark my words...the guy has great wrestling skills..incredible strength..good quickness...once he puts it all together and starts striking....he is gonna be hard for anyone to beat. No he isnt ready for RC yet but he just might be the future heavyweight champion!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 17 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]375013[/snapback]
Sorry to dissapoint the haters but Lesnar is gonna be a beast in the UFC. Mark my words...the guy has great wrestling skills..incredible strength..good quickness...once he puts it all together and starts striking....he is gonna be hard for anyone to beat. No he isnt ready for RC yet but he just might be the future heavyweight champion!

Lesner would have never gotten past Frank Mir before Mir had his motorcycle accident. Now I give Lesnar a 30% chance. Don't be surprised is Frank Mir makes the big guy tap.
ryguy jones jr
QUOTE(Warlord @ Nov 19 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]366138[/snapback]
A shitbag like Brock Lesnar.......

you really show your ignorance when you refer to a guy as a 'shitbag' who has only had 1 fight (which he won)

seriously, do you have some kind of crystal ball or something that has told you how good he is going to be?

unlike you, I actually have a fully functioning brain and that's why I would never just assume that his standup game will suck. how the hell do you know that already?

and you then compare Lesnar (the shitbag) to guys like Kerr and Coleman? well that must mean that Lesnar is on his way to becoming an world-famous top level MMA fighter, because that's what Kerr and Coleman were.

congratulations on being dumb. I'm looking forward to the fight.
Warlord
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Jan 17 2008, 07:02 PM) [snapback]375134[/snapback]
Do you have some kind of crystal ball or something that has told you how good he is going to be?

Yes.

unlike you, I actually have a fully functioning brain and that's why I would never just assume that his standup game will suck. how the hell do you know that already?
See above post.

And you then compare Lesnar (the shitbag) to guys like Kerr and Coleman? well that must mean that Lesnar is on his way to becoming an world-famous top level MMA fighter, because that's what Kerr and Coleman were.

Kerr and Coleman were top-level guys when MMA was in its infancy, and opponents were not yet equipped with a skill-set capable of defending against roided-out wrestlers who preferred to maul their opponents in the opening moments, only to ride out a boring victory commonly referred to as the "lay and pray" technique.

If you want a good example of how guys like Kerr and Coleman would fare against today's top athletes, than look no further than Coleman vs. Nogueira, Coleman vs. Fedor, and Coleman vs. CroCop; or Kerr versus just about anybody, including the limited Kazuyuki Fujita, Heath "The human punching bag" Herring, or the EVER DANGEROUS Mustapha al Turk, who has a grand total of 4 victories in his "not-as-illustrious-as-Mark-Kerr" carrer.

Yes sir, I guess you showed me rygay. After 2 months of planning and concocting, you finally nailed me with the MASTER STROKE response of which I could not possibly mount a human defense against. Please, sir, please take another month off to come up with a response to my post. I am sure it will be worth the wait. I know the last one was.

Your friend,
Warlord
ryguy jones jr
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jan 17 2008, 11:12 PM) [snapback]375163[/snapback]
Yes.

See above post.
Kerr and Coleman were top-level guys when MMA was in its infancy, and opponents were not yet equipped with a skill-set capable of defending against roided-out wrestlers who preferred to maul their opponents in the opening moments, only to ride out a boring victory commonly referred to as the "lay and pray" technique.

If you want a good example of how guys like Kerr and Coleman would fare against today's top athletes, than look no further than Coleman vs. Nogueira, Coleman vs. Fedor, and Coleman vs. CroCop; or Kerr versus just about anybody, including the limited Kazuyuki Fujita, Heath "The human punching bag" Herring, or the EVER DANGEROUS Mustapha al Turk, who has a grand total of 4 victories in his "not-as-illustrious-as-Mark-Kerr" carrer.

Yes sir, I guess you showed me rygay. After 2 months of planning and concocting, you finally nailed me with the MASTER STROKE response of which I could not possibly mount a human defense against. Please, sir, please take another month off to come up with a response to my post. I am sure it will be worth the wait. I know the last one was.

Your friend,
Warlord

you're hilarious.
hey, why don't you post your excuses now about why Lesnar wins, when he wins, which I think he will.

will we be using the 'Mir isn't the same after his accident' defense? or do you have some others as well.

or are you not even picking Mir to win? in that case I guess Mir must be a 'super duper shitbag' or something.
Warlord
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Jan 18 2008, 02:03 AM) [snapback]375170[/snapback]
you're hilarious.
hey, why don't you post your excuses now about why Lesnar wins, when he wins, which I think he will.

will we be using the 'Mir isn't the same after his accident' defense? or do you have some others as well.

Naa, I'll let you use that one to explain the extreme level of retardation going on in that peanut of yours.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jan 17 2008, 11:12 PM) [snapback]375163[/snapback]

Your friend,
Warlord

I never come to the UFC forum, but a post like this might make me start. that shit is hilarious
AussieLad
The fact is Mir is a shadow of his former self. Mir broke tim the maniacs arm for christ sakes, he was good. But since the accident his stamina is non existent. And that is where Lesnar has a chance in this fight. If he can press his mighty bulk up against mir and suck that wind out of him like an industrial vacuume cleaner, he may end up ground and pounding mir.

But make no mistake, if mir was even 75% in shape, he will take lesnar out.

As for lesnar taking out crocop? Is that a joke? Gonzaga and Congo are at an entirely different level to lesnar, and crocop losing to them is no indication of how he would do vs brock... it would be a bit like mirko vs bob sap. A vicious body kick to the floating ribs, and a big haymaker to the jaw... game over lesnar
imperial
Mir is going to make Lenser Tap ..As much wrestling background that Lesner brings I don't see hm beating Mir in a submission game ..
Lala-Nomics
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Nov 16 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]365530[/snapback]

I concure...Lesnar was not only NCAA heavyweight champ but the guy finsished his four year college record at 106-5!!! Are you kidding me??!! Sounds to me like he has a bit more than the a fore mentioned "some wrestling" and he has not only been training with the Militich camp for several years but he has also been under the tutelage of Greg Nelson....I'm thinking he'll be alright.
imperial
QUOTE(Lala-Nomics @ Jan 28 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]376794[/snapback]
I concure...Lesnar was not only NCAA heavyweight champ but the guy finsished his four year college record at 106-5!!! Are you kidding me??!! Sounds to me like he has a bit more than the a fore mentioned "some wrestling" and he has not only been training with the Militich camp for several years but he has also been under the tutelage of Greg Nelson....I'm thinking he'll be alright.

I think the minute someone taps his jaw its over for him ..My ideal fight would be Lenser vs Alofski or how ever u spell it the Russian Pitbull..
ElectricTwinkie
You know what this thread needs? It needs someone to mention how professional wrestling is fake, so that we can trumpet the return of Mr. Saint Laurent!!!!

"professional wrestling is fake"

:ETwinkie hides in the corner awaiting the verbal onslaught:
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 30 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]376930[/snapback]
You know what this thread needs? It needs someone to mention how professional wrestling is fake, so that we can trumpet the return of Mr. Saint Laurent!!!!
"professional wrestling is fake"
:ETwinkie hides in the corner awaiting the verbal onslaught:

Its funny how the people that call Pro Wrestling "fake" really dont know anything about it. It cant be fake because they are not trying to tell you that its real.....its entertainment...using some of the best athletes/entertainers in storylines.....I think of it as kind of a soap opera for men. Also say what you want..these guys kill themselves on the road most of them over 300 nights a year...that aint no trampoline they are performing on! This has nothing to do with Lesnar being a beast in the UFC anyway...even a couple UFC legends like Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn tried thier skills in Pro Wrestling and within a few years were burned out and went back to MMA...Severn even suffering a broken neck...the list goes on and on with B-Ball players, Ft-Ball players, Boxers...you know what they all said....the sport/entertainment was too much! Anyway watch Lesnar destroy Mir!!
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 30 2008, 11:38 AM) [snapback]376943[/snapback]
Its funny how the people that call Pro Wrestling "fake" really dont know anything about it. It cant be fake because they are not trying to tell you that its real.....its entertainment...using some of the best athletes/entertainers in storylines.....I think of it as kind of a soap opera for men. Also say what you want..these guys kill themselves on the road most of them over 300 nights a year...that aint no trampoline they are performing on! This has nothing to do with Lesnar being a beast in the UFC anyway...even a couple UFC legends like Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn tried thier skills in Pro Wrestling and within a few years were burned out and went back to MMA...Severn even suffering a broken neck...the list goes on and on with B-Ball players, Ft-Ball players, Boxers...you know what they all said....the sport/entertainment was too much! Anyway watch Lesnar destroy Mir!!

You missed the inside joke simply because you are not inside.
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 30 2008, 12:36 PM) [snapback]376963[/snapback]
You missed the inside joke simply because you are not inside.

O.K. my bad thumbsup_anim.gif
Southeastpaw
I'm surprised ol Mr St Laurent isn't around with Brock having fought tonight and all. If Brock would have won we most likely would have seen him on here tomorrow. But like I said in the other thread, Brock looks very promising. He just needs to settle down some.
Warlord
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Jan 18 2008, 02:03 AM) [snapback]375170[/snapback]
you're hilarious.

or are you not even picking Mir to win? in that case I guess Mir must be a 'super duper shitbag' or something.

Frank Mir defeats Brock Lesnar via kneebar submission in the first round.

OWNED. Go home.
TheWhiteBuffalo
Mir had me worried for a few moments....but he stuck in there and showed some heart.

Good win for Frank.
BigG
Hey, Lesnar showed good class after he lost and he looked good in there for a while. I honestly think he'll be back.
BrutalBodyShots
This fight was a perfect example of how experience means so much. People talk about giving Mayweather a shot at MMA, or were talking about Tyson fighting in MMA years ago. The same shit would happen to them that happened to Lesnar.

streetlion1
Yeah, guess im eating my words now...all in all im a casual fan of MMA anyway...never liked it too much..Lesnar peaked my interest cause I was a fan of his in wrestling...long live boxing!!!!
streetlion1
Yeah, guess im eating my words now...all in all im a casual fan of MMA anyway...never liked it too much..Lesnar peaked my interest cause I was a fan of his in wrestling...long live boxing!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.