Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta love hattons sense of humour
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5M0fo4BWw

I wish there had been a camera on floyd to see his reaction to the comments, which are damn funny because there true
BigG
And people say Hatton is the humble underdog? Dude talks as much trash as Floyd.

Floyd UD
BigG
I don't think there is a bad or good guy in this fight. They both have alot of haters and nuthuggers. I hope Cotto smashes them both in the future.

I'm sure Floyd really isn't a dick in real life though like he is on camera. But I wouldn't really know how these two act off camera because I've never met them. I've heard though from people that had the chance meet Floyd say he is good to fans.
AussieLad
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 22 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]358367[/snapback]
Hahahaha. Hatton is a funny bastard.

What are you talking about BG? He pretty much acts like any normal human. He treats people the same way they will treat him. He made a few jokes with some swear words, and now he is the bad guy laugh.gif

I reckon with that piss taking he defused floyds antics and made him look like a tool.
The CEO
I saw it as Hatton feeling safer in his hometown and showing his ass for cheap pops.

As a Comedy aficionado, I would have laughed if it was funny...but it wasn't. What he said was as unoriginal as Floyd calling him Vicky Fatton...
Snoop
LOL. Hatton's a witty guy but I thought it was fucked up how the commentators were somehow blaming his foul language on Floyd.
WolfishPromistah
I would like to think that almost anyone who's listened to Hatton's antics over the years can note that he's always been a comical character. And that's something I've always loved about him, that he can balance that smooth, comical spirit of the gentleman he is with that animalistic one he displays in that ring.

OMG! They are trippin' me out with this apology thing...supposedly because of the pressure from Floyd. GTFOH. Excuses already?
Southeastpaw
Now if only Ricky would have a fighting style that was pleasing, he'd be complete. Too bad that is pretty much what really matters in this sport. Although comical, still ain't removin me from the HHW. May be straight outside the ring, but he's still ugly, and foul-filled inside the ring.
The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 22 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]358394[/snapback]
Geeee, I never would have picked that coming from you.

laugh.gif

Just like I knew you would like what he said, Fitzy...

laugh.gif
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 22 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]358391[/snapback]
I saw it as Hatton feeling safer in his hometown and showing his ass for cheap pops.

As a Comedy aficionado, I would have laughed if it was funny...but it wasn't. What he said was as unoriginal as Floyd calling him Vicky Fatton...

HAHA Vicky fatton!
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 22 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]358397[/snapback]
Exactly and this is why I said that he is nearly the perfect character outside the ring. People probably won't think much of it, but this is a very important part in how far you go. He has a perfect balance. There are fighters like Mosley who sometimes seem to be too nice and sometimes you just want him to have a bit of cunt in him, then there are others like Toney, Mayorga (who can be entertaining) but just talk too much. Hatton seems to have the right balance and comes across as a normal down to earth guy, the regular guy you come across at a pub.
We have also seen him show nothing but class when he is treated with respect as well, that is what we saw with him and Tszyu. I wish he would be more consistant with entertaining fighting that's a little more pleasant on the eye. But in terms of character and the way he conducts himself in the sport today, he is second to none.

I think Hatton outside of the ring is a real likable character. I can't really see why you wouldn't like him. But INSIDE the ring on the other hand is a different story. He's a pretty dirty fighter. His fans can be asinine at times as well. Also his reasoning for wearing the Mexican somberero in his last fight made no sense to me.
singletrack
HAHAHAHAH - I think Hatton's funny. Anyone who thinks Floyd is a "good guy" is out of their mind.

How funny was the news channel trying to explain away the behavior as the result of Floyd's pressure.
Maxy
QUOTE(singletrack @ Sep 22 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]358411[/snapback]
HAHAHAHAH - I think Hatton's funny. Anyone who thinks Floyd is a "good guy" is out of their mind.

How funny was the news channel trying to explain away the behavior as the result of Floyd's pressure.

The broadcasters on Sky Sports News were obviously flustered because it was a live transmission going out before midday. I think the use of the word "pressure" was basically a feeble attempt at trying to defend Hattons language.

BTW, the broadcasters on that channel (Its a sports only 24 hour channel) know very little, if anything, about boxing and shamefully they only cover the sport briefly when a fight like this one comes along.
AussieLad
I was pretty pissed that i didnt get to hear everything hatton was saying, and it did seem overly apologetic for hatton.

Personally, floyd acts the ass to get under peoples skin at press conferences. He does it every time because he is a juvenile wanker whenever he is front of a camera. I can respect him as a boxer, but i cant his personality. Anybody that goes jogging with a large vehicle driving behind him while blasting loud music, instead of just going jogging with a just a set of headphones.... thats an automatic conferral of "I'm a real tool" status

Still thinky he beats ricky on points down the stretch, after losing a few opening rounds. But man it would be great if i was wrong
X3_Bazooka_X3
I would love nothing more than to see Hatton pull it off but I dont think Ricky is the guy I think its Cotto honestly, But then again you never know I thought Kostya was going to knock Ricky out rather easily and I was wrong there, I thought Castillo was going to rip Ricky apart wrong again, Now I am thinking Floyd will work Ricky like he did Gatti, if there is a god I will be so wrong again.
Anybody get the feeling that Ricky might end up sparring with Mosley? I have that feeling it will happen simply because Hatton will be a good sparring Partner to have so that Shane prepairs for Cottos style.
singletrack
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 22 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]358426[/snapback]
I would love nothing more than to see Hatton pull it off but I dont think Ricky is the guy I think its Cotto honestly, But then again you never know I thought Kostya was going to knock Ricky out rather easily and I was wrong there, I thought Castillo was going to rip Ricky apart wrong again, Now I am thinking Floyd will work Ricky like he did Gatti, if there is a god I will be so wrong again.
Anybody get the feeling that Ricky might end up sparring with Mosley? I have that feeling it will happen simply because Hatton will be a good sparring Partner to have so that Shane prepairs for Cottos style.

Well the keys there are that Kostya had a serious disadvantage with the ref in the Hatton fight IMO. If that fight were in the US, Hatton would not have caused nearly as much damaged. I'm still befuddled to this day that Kostya quit on his stool. My take on the Castillo fight is that he is shot. Prime Castillo vs. Hatton would have been a much better fight.

I don't think any top fighter is going to spar with a potential opponent. Hatton and Mosley will be fighting if they both win their upcoming fights. In addition, other than both being pressure fighters, I see no similarities between Hatton and Cotto's styles.

Tha Docta
kostya was outmanned in his fight with hatton. he was not ready for that pace, or rickys strength that night. kostya fans complain about hattons wrestling but turn a blind eye to kostya basically body slamming sharmba mitchel when they fought. or kostys "accidental" shots to hattons nuts.

singletrack
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Sep 24 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]358635[/snapback]
kostya was outmanned in his fight with hatton. he was not ready for that pace, or rickys strength that night. kostya fans complain about hattons wrestling but turn a blind eye to kostya basically body slamming sharmba mitchel when they fought. or kostys "accidental" shots to hattons nuts.

I'm not a Kostya fan. Hatton was holding the back of Kostya's head and punching him in the face. Not legal, and he did it the entire fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.