Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton is a live guy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
X3_Bazooka_X3

I would have to say he has about a 50/50 chance in winning this fight, this is assuming Floyd continues to dance with the stars I really think that being on that program going into this fight will give Hatton an opportunity to look better than he actually is, with out Floyd being on the show I would say Floyd wins another one sided fight, but I am positive that being up that late dancing live on net work television is not going to do him any favors then again what if Floyd gets kicked off early?
That would mean he gets to go back home and train, However Hatton does not look bothered by any of Floyds mind games, but that doesnt mean he will win, what I do think is that DLH is in the background here and if it goes to the cards anything can happen. But I also think Hatton is the best Body puncher Floyd has faced since Castillo, and Hatton does hit harder than Castillo he also has a pretty good chin himself.
I no longer beleive it will be so onesided in this fight, something about Hatton tells me he is going to show up to win if Floyd is taking him too light Floyd will find himself knocked out, you never take any fighter light especially one who hasnt lost yet but for our sake, Floyd is on the show distracted prior to the fight, and mix that with not respecting Rickys abilitys and the fans might come out the winners here.
lets hope for a good honest fight here a clear winner in the end, However with DLH in the mix of it all, dont get your hopes up, BTW didnt Floyd swear up and down he would never do business with Goldenboy again? WTF is he doing?
Maxy
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 22 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]358418[/snapback]
I would have to say he has about a 50/50 chance in winning this fight, this is assuming Floyd continues to dance with the stars I really think that being on that program going into this fight will give Hatton an opportunity to look better than he actually is, with out Floyd being on the show I would say Floyd wins another one sided fight, but I am positive that being up that late dancing live on net work television is not going to do him any favors then again what if Floyd gets kicked off early?
That would mean he gets to go back home and train, However Hatton does not look bothered by any of Floyds mind games, but that doesnt mean he will win, what I do think is that DLH is in the background here and if it goes to the cards anything can happen. But I also think Hatton is the best Body puncher Floyd has faced since Castillo, and Hatton does hit harder than Castillo he also has a pretty good chin himself.
I no longer beleive it will be so onesided in this fight, something about Hatton tells me he is going to show up to win if Floyd is taking him too light Floyd will find himself knocked out, you never take any fighter light especially one who hasnt lost yet but for our sake, Floyd is on the show distracted prior to the fight, and mix that with not respecting Rickys abilitys and the fans might come out the winners here.
lets hope for a good honest fight here a clear winner in the end, However with DLH in the mix of it all, dont get your hopes up, BTW didnt Floyd swear up and down he would never do business with Goldenboy again? WTF is he doing?

If Floyd loses there can be no excuses.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Maxy @ Sep 22 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]358419[/snapback]
If Floyd loses there can be no excuses.

Ohh but there will be
AussieLad
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 22 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]358418[/snapback]

I dont expect ricky to win, but it would be great if he could pull the upset, given how many distractions there are for floyd at the moment. But then ricky is at a size, speed and skill disadvantage. Its not going to be enough to tip the balance.

Do you really think oscar engineers dodgy decisions? Why?
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Sep 22 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]358425[/snapback]
I dont expect ricky to win, but it would be great if he could pull the upset, given how many distractions there are for floyd at the moment. But then ricky is at a size, speed and skill disadvantage. Its not going to be enough to tip the balance.

Do you really think oscar engineers dodgy decisions? Why?

I dont think Oscar does but sure enough if I didnt through that out there the haters could easily say that later on so I am getting it out of the way now, I am starting to like Hattons chances here honestly.
The CEO
There's almost no way Hatton wins this one CLEAN. Now if Floyd gets careless, Hatton has a shot at the lucky knockout, but that's about it.

I also read in one of those links above that DLH is touting Hatton as well....for a possible, future moneymaker. So that IS there whether you like it or not....

Think about it. Hatton is outleagued in almost every category.

This is a mismatch on paper AND in the ring. Don't get your hopes up.

PR316
On paper, this is a terrible mismatch in class. However, there have been times when that didn't matter.

The problem here is that Ricky doesn't really have the strength and power at 147 that he possesses at 140 it seems. Floyd is the bigger man here from the looks of it, and he has such a huge advantage in skill, that it doesn' matter if he's dancing with the stars or whatever else he's doing. Floyd should dominate in the ring.

That said, Hatton has proven to actually be a pretty good trashtalker when he puts his mind to it. Better than Floyd, whom I feel tries too hard to be like Ali and doesn't have the charisma. He's only slightly more charismatic than the elder Mayweather's and we all know how much charisma they possess. laugh.gif Floyd should win in the ring, but Hatton has won the trash talk battle IMO.
BigG
Mayweather should win. Collazo is a pretty slick guy but he is no Floyd in terms of quickness and he was tagging Hatton at will and almost had him out in the last round (in fact he probably should've been given a KD)....I don't think Hatton would beat a 154 pound Oscar as well. Hatton will make things rough, but things will get rough FOR HIM when Floyd hits him with sharp clean counters.
BrutalBodyShots
I think this fight is pretty easy to call.

No reason Mayweather shouldn't win it for the reasons outlined by many above already.

STEVENSKI
One thing that no one has mentioned is provided Hatton can make it inside he has a shitload of stamina & that could be a telling factor in this fight. I think Floyd will win but Hatton could well win & win by stoppage as his body attack can be unforgiving & relentless.
ghost13
Mayweather by dominating win over Hatton
Mean Mister Mustard
I think Mayweather has a bit more in the stamina department but not too much. One thing that I like to think about before fights is how the fighters will look compared to one another once they are in the ring. I keep hearing on the boards and in the articles about Mayweather's size. So I went ahead and checked Boxrec to see how tall Mayweather and Hatton are. According to the site Hatton is 5'6" and Mayweather is 5'8". Collazo is 5'9" and Hatton looked small compared to him. So will Mayweather be that big compared to Hatton or will they be evenly matched?
BrutalBodyShots
Hatton looking small next to Collazo has little to do with their height difference... it has to do with the fact that Collazo is a 147 pound fighter and Hatton is a 140 pound fighter.

Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 23 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]358458[/snapback]
Hatton looking small next to Collazo has little to do with their height difference... it has to do with the fact that Collazo is a 147 pound fighter and Hatton is a 140 pound fighter.

I still think the poor performance against Collazo could be misleading. Hatton only had half the time to train for it and he was originally going to box someone at 140.

This time he'll train for 12 weeks, his longest training schedule yet.

Recent comment from Hatton, "I've never been so certain of a win in my life!" He's definitely confident.
salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 22 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]358438[/snapback]
I think this fight is pretty easy to call.

No reason Mayweather shouldn't win it for the reasons outlined by many above already.

Yeah, I read an interview (maybe here) with Floyd Sr. who said his advice to Floyd was always take the easiest fight for the most money - and this is it. Hatton has no chance. There are at least 5 guys at 147 who have a much better chance of beating Floyd: Williams, Margarito, Clottey, Mosley, and Cotto. Williams, in particular, is the only really competitive fight for Floyd at 147.

The hype for this fight is already making me sick because anyone with a brain knows this is essentially a waste of time and money.
Jack 1000
I don't think Hatton can win. But at his best it will be competitive. Hatton will have to fight the fight of his life to do that though. If he doesn't, it will be a typical Mayweather outslick and outjab Hatton, allow Floyd to take (at least) a 116-112 verdict to a stoppage of Hatton late on cuts. Floyd is simply too skilled and elusive. I think Hatton could gradually become frustrated if his pressure/grab tactics don't work. In that case, Mayweather overwhelms him with better boxing skills.

The fight based on logic like I said before, you don't go life and death with Louie Collazo and fight competitively against Floyd Mayweather.

Jack
The CEO
Yeah...it's only late September. This mismatch is being hyped way too much, way too soon...
salvador
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Sep 23 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]358513[/snapback]
But at his best it will be competitive. Hatton will have to fight the fight of his life to do that though.

The problem is that even if he fights the fight of his life, he doesn't have the speed to be competitive. A Porsche will always beat a Vollkswagon.

The truth is that his only chance is to trick Floyd into thinking he's hurt and then land a counter uppercut, but even then Hatton doesn't have the power or speed to finish the job. If DLH couldn't hurt Floyd, Hatton ain't gonna.
caneman
I THINK THE ONLY CHANCE HATTON HAS IS TO MAKE PBF BITCH & CRY TO THE REF & HIS CORNER! NOT THAT HE CAN'T HAVE MOMENTS! sorry about the caps dntknw.gif
xxxxxx
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 22 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]358418[/snapback]

No, Hatton can't win this fight.He doesn't have the skills,smarts or speed to beat PBF. Hatton could have all the stamina and heart in the world and it still won't save him here.
Maxy
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Sep 23 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]358529[/snapback]
No, Hatton can't win this fight.He doesn't have the skills,smarts or speed to beat PBF. Hatton could have all the stamina and heart in the world and it still won't save him here.

Hattons foot speed is being overlooked. He will give Mayweather his toughest fight for years. Believe that!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Maxy @ Sep 23 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]358532[/snapback]
Hattons foot speed is being overlooked. He will give Mayweather his toughest fight for years. Believe that!

I agree wholeheartedly Maxy. Styles make fights & both these guys are wrong for each other which makes this a "right" fight for fans. If DLH did not gas out due to his lack of conditioning then he would have beated PBF plain & simple. Hatton won't run out of puff the only thing he may run out of is blood if he starts bleeding.

PBF has the speed & accuracy to stop Hatton but considering he simply walked through Tszyu's sledgehammers I don't expect him to give much respect to PBF's power & try & fight from the outside. I expect Hatton to maul Mayweather or give it his best shot.
Imperius3
Hatton is a live guy, and he definitely won the smack talk battle here. Too bad he will get embarrassed come fight night.

I think Hatton can make it interesting for 3-4 rounds, but once Mayweather figures him out he cruises to a UD. Faster, sharper, more accurate, more elusive...almost every advantage here. Mayweather has the style to expose Hatton. Collazo almost did it. Mayweather will.
buford54
I'd like to think that Hatton will walk through Floyd's stuff...but Collazo posed problems for him, and at 147, Hatton wasn't showing the strength that he has at 140. I don't think Floyd wanted the fight at 147 for no reason.
I think Hatton's stamina, speed and power goes down at 147, and Floyd is already comfortable there.

I am desperately pulling for Hatton in this fight, and I want to beleive he can do it, but logic dictates that Floyd will make this another boooooring UD.
Imperius3
QUOTE(PR316 @ Sep 22 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]358433[/snapback]
That said, Hatton has proven to actually be a pretty good trashtalker when he puts his mind to it. Better than Floyd, whom I feel tries too hard to be like Ali and doesn't have the charisma. He's only slightly more charismatic than the elder Mayweather's and we all know how much charisma they possess. laugh.gif Floyd should win in the ring, but Hatton has won the trash talk battle IMO.

Mayweather really does need to work on his shit talking. He sounds pretty cheesy at times.

He should take shit talking lessons from Toney, Jones, Vargas, or Mayorga.
falvoa
Hitman Hatton's got that body shot, and that pulling/wrestling style that can be frustating to opponents (and "non-english" spectators). Overall, I think the body shots his best and only shot.

aggressive.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I think Mayweather is too good to get caught with a perfect Hatton body shot.

_iodine_
You can't count a guy of Hatton's caliber out in any fight, and I will naturally be pulling for the underdog, but I will be SHOCKED if he is able to pull this one out.
salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 25 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]358755[/snapback]
I think Mayweather is too good to get caught with a perfect Hatton body shot.

I think that instead of too "good" to get caught, a better word would be too "cautious" to get caught.

If you think of all the great wws in history, the vast majority of them would be gunning for a ko over Hatton, not just because real warriors crave the blood, but because Hatton is moving up in weight and the great ones would consider it a matter of principle to knock him out. Floyd won't even bother trying unless he lands a lucky punch. He's too smart to take the chances required for the ko. -- The point being that there are plenty of great fighters who would have been "good" enough to avoid a perfect body shot, but most of the true greats would have considered taking at least 5 perfect Hatton body shots as just part of the price they had to pay for the spectacular ko. And that's the difference.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Sep 23 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]358529[/snapback]

Floyds skills are no Joke we all know what Floyd is able to get done in there, but Hatton has skills to, its just in a different form, its not the hit and dont be hit game, its consistant pressure good body work and he breaks his opponents down that is his game, and Floyd is a guy who does not like pressure, if Hatton can find a way to keep Floyd in reverse and pressure him non stop, Floyd will be in a position he does not like at all, and I think it will sooner or later off set Floyds game plan, I am sure he will complain to the ref alot in this fight as he did in his fight with Castillo.
I fully expect this fight to be like Castillo Mayweather 1, but its like I said, if Floyd doesnt take Ricky seriously he is going to get hurt, Ricky can punch and he can take a shot, How many guys were able to fight Kostyas fight for 12 rounds? not too many, and Ricky was one of them infact he made KT Quit on his stool.
Yeah go ahead and dis credit that one, say that KT was on his way out, its true, but its also true that Oscar is on his way out and clearly past his better years and Floyd barley got by that fight on the official score cards so much so that if one round went the other way to DLH Floyd would have had a draw with Oscar.
what I like in this fight is you get to see two undefeated top P4P fighters get it on.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 28 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]358963[/snapback]
Floyds skills are no Joke we all know what Floyd is able to get done in there, but Hatton has skills to, its just in a different form, its not the hit and dont be hit game, its consistant pressure good body work and he breaks his opponents down that is his game, and Floyd is a guy who does not like pressure, if Hatton can find a way to keep Floyd in reverse and pressure him non stop, Floyd will be in a position he does not like at all, and I think it will sooner or later off set Floyds game plan, I am sure he will complain to the ref alot in this fight as he did in his fight with Castillo.
I fully expect this fight to be like Castillo Mayweather 1, but its like I said, if Floyd doesnt take Ricky seriously he is going to get hurt, Ricky can punch and he can take a shot, How many guys were able to fight Kostyas fight for 12 rounds? not too many, and Ricky was one of them infact he made KT Quit on his stool.
Yeah go ahead and dis credit that one, say that KT was on his way out, its true, but its also true that Oscar is on his way out and clearly past his better years and Floyd barley got by that fight on the official score cards so much so that if one round went the other way to DLH Floyd would have had a draw with Oscar.
what I like in this fight is you get to see two undefeated top P4P fighters get it on.

Listen X, I'm not saying Ricky ain't got no skill, all I'm saying is he doesn't have enough skill to beat PBF.Hatton will have some moments in the fight, but in my opinion, he will be embarrased.I'm excited also to see this fight, it's been 2 years in the making.I like the fact that their both undefeated champions and have the styles for an exciting fight.I actually predicted this fight would happen before the Hatton-Castillo & PBF-De La Hoya fights when we were on Boxingtalk.People said it would never happen, but it looks to be on.May the best man win.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Sep 28 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]358967[/snapback]
Listen X, I'm not saying Ricky ain't got no skill, all I'm saying is he doesn't have enough skill to beat PBF.Hatton will have some moments in the fight, but in my opinion, he will be embarrased.I'm excited also to see this fight, it's been 2 years in the making.I like the fact that their both undefeated champions and have the styles for an exciting fight.I actually predicted this fight would happen before the Hatton-Castillo & PBF-De La Hoya fights when we were on Boxingtalk.People said it would never happen, but it looks to be on.May the best man win.

in your mind it should be an easy win for PBF because when you look at Floyds skills you look at those skills while he is in there with lesser fighters, look at the man when he fought a semi primed Castillo? hell look at the man when he fought a older version of DLH?
when you think of Floyds talent you dont think of those fights, nobody does, you think of Corrales, Gatti, Judah etc.... and of course Floyd will look good against those guys, in this fight we actually get to see Floyd fight someone that is just as young as he is, probably wants this win more than Floyd does and that is the key, does Floyd himself think its going to be easy?
if Floyds mindset is the way most of his fans are you might be in for a surprise, either way I aint discrediting Hatton he is a world champion that has had one or two exciting fights which is a hell of alot more than I can say for Mayweather.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 28 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]358969[/snapback]
in your mind it should be an easy win for PBF because when you look at Floyds skills you look at those skills while he is in there with lesser fighters, look at the man when he fought a semi primed Castillo? hell look at the man when he fought a older version of DLH?
when you think of Floyds talent you dont think of those fights, nobody does, you think of Corrales, Gatti, Judah etc.... and of course Floyd will look good against those guys, in this fight we actually get to see Floyd fight someone that is just as young as he is, probably wants this win more than Floyd does and that is the key, does Floyd himself think its going to be easy?
if Floyds mindset is the way most of his fans are you might be in for a surprise, either way I aint discrediting Hatton he is a world champion that has had one or two exciting fights which is a hell of alot more than I can say for Mayweather.

If I remember correctly, In Mayweather-Castillo 1, Mayweather had a severe shoulder injury.I know from experience that shoulder injuries are very painful and it's difficult to do any type of movement with it.Especially Boxing.To Mayweathers credit he won the fight and took a rematch and won the rematch more convincingly when he was 100%.When you talk about the Oscar fight were talking about a guy that is much larger and stronger than PBF.Oscar is also more experienced than Floyd and a Future Hall Of Famer.Oscar ain't no joke and is NOT out of his prime by much.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 28 2007, 01:41 AM) [snapback]358909[/snapback]
I think that instead of too "good" to get caught, a better word would be too "cautious" to get caught.

If you think of all the great wws in history, the vast majority of them would be gunning for a ko over Hatton, not just because real warriors crave the blood, but because Hatton is moving up in weight and the great ones would consider it a matter of principle to knock him out. Floyd won't even bother trying unless he lands a lucky punch. He's too smart to take the chances required for the ko. -- The point being that there are plenty of great fighters who would have been "good" enough to avoid a perfect body shot, but most of the true greats would have considered taking at least 5 perfect Hatton body shots as just part of the price they had to pay for the spectacular ko. And that's the difference.

However you want to word it, the chances of Mayweather getting caught by a fight-ending body shot are very slim. I understand your argument about greatness and such, but that wasn't what I was going after with my post.

neophyte7
Hatton did not look dominant against a near 40 year old Vince Phillips. Floyd is bigger and stronger. I cannot wait until Hatton gets killed on the inside. Floyd will beat him on infighting. Floyd took chin shots from Judah, DLH. Hatton is not a big puncher at all. coming to 147 as well will not help him. PBF is going to tKO Hatton
X3_Bazooka_X3
Hatton is not a big puncher? Than how is it that he was able to drop Collazo and Mosley couldnt? I think Hatton has good power not one shot destroyer like Power but just enough to hurt you.
neophyte7
Hatton is not a big puncher. He was owned by Collazo and should have lost. He struggled big time and decided he could not handle 147. If Collazo was a problem at 147, Floyd is going to be like advanced Trigonometry...
neophyte7
Hatton looked and sounded like a beaten fighter after the Collazo. His facial expression was like that of someone who had death in the family. He won early rounds-- faded-- and was getting his head lifted up repeatedly from Collazo's shots the second half of the fight. Collazo adjusted to his rough house tactics and went to work... It seemed as if Collazo was about to stop him and he has zero power (LOL)- you have heard it before. I am not the only one who saw how horrible Hatton looked the second half of the fight with Collazo. He won the first five? Okay, if you say so. Hatton won a belt at 147 and then went back to 140 when there is more money at 147??? That tells me that the Collazo experience scared the shit out of Hatton and his handlers. He is going to get a nice pay day in defeat aftrer finally facing a guy that he balked on a few times.
buford54
Agreed. Hatton wasn't owned by Collazo. If Collazo won, it was by 1 round...and that's up for debate.

This is my concern though for Ricky's fight w/ Floyd. I think Floyd will give away the first 4 rounds, being cautious. Then, Floyd will start to pop Ricky as he tries to charge in, and won't be there when Ricky gets where he was headed.
Ricky will get frustrated and start to get tired, and will sit right in Floyd's range as he slows down.
I see Floyd looking very impressive over the last few rounds and Ricky will look very ordinary by comparison.

Example...after the fight everyone talked about how Judah owned Floyd for 4 rounds, but now everyone talks about how badly Floyd beat Judah, because he just grew more dominant over the later rounds.
I see Ricky winning the first 4 and looking tough to beat. The 5th will be a tossup, and then Floyd will just start to dominate.

I really hope I'm wrong and that Ricky has a good game plan.
neophyte7
Okay... for all the hype Hatton was getting he looked very average against a beltholder Collazo. As far as Floyd giving away the first four? I do not think that is ever in his game plan. I think that is an overused terminology. Floyd may use the early rounds to size up Hatton and get him timed. Really. Once Collazo stopped looking to ref, and adjusted to Hatton's wrestling, he started picking him apart. Late Collazo with little powerr was hurting Hatton with power shots. This is not a faded Kosta Tzu at 3am in the morning he is facing. Once Floyd times him he is going to get his face punched repeatedly. Ricky Hatton is the smaller man here as well as the less skilled man. He also is not a big puncher, despite his body shot KO of Castillo... His lunging leaping in style is going to get countered. Floyd will also engage him on the inside where Hatton will have to be watchful of quick mayweather right upper cuts. I expect a great performance by Floyd- barring injury or something out of the ordinary Hatton is going to get beaten up
BigG
Hatton wasn't dominated scoring wise....but I did think Collazo won 8-4 and the 12th could've been 10-8 (I remember hatton going down from a left hand).

And Hatton did get his ass whooped even though the scores were close. People have to remember that he landed many big right hooks and left straights.

And Hatton basically fought like John Ruiz that night but quicker and more energy. Throw a right, fall into a clinch, rabbit punch, repeat.

And the only reason Judah was competitive against Floyd was purely on speed. Floyd, for the first time, was up against someone faster then he was. And Judah was finding his mark with left hands. And I didn't think Judah was that dominant in the earl rounds...and Hatton did good in the early rounds vs. Collazo...but he didn't sweep them. He won the first two clearly....3rd and 4th were competitive and I remember Collazo whooping his ass in the 5th and from the on it was Collazos fight
X3_Bazooka_X3
I think Collazo is highley over looked by most of you he is pretty skilled and I think he could give any of the top Welters a tuff fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.