Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 76
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
BigG
Holy shit Forres Griffin beat Shogun! What a upset
HaydelHammer
mad props to Griffin. He did his thing!

shogun...lol my man was out on his feet dead a$$ tired by rd 2.

Liddell...omg.
BrutalBodyShots
2 huge upsets IMO.

Shogun aside from the opening round really was never in it IMO. Amazing that he tapped at the end.

Chuck just didn't look like himself. Awesome job by Jardine landing those right kicks both to the body and leg... very effective stuff.

Southeastpaw
WTF was up with Shogun gassed by 2? Good win for Forrest though. But I believe that Rampage should rule the division for a while.
BigG
Yeah....the Shogun that I saw would get beat by Rampage in a rematch. I mean, if you are a top fighter, you shouldnt lose to Forrest Griffin.
thehype
I didn't think the Forrest win was much of an upset....especially considering that he asked for the fight with Shogun. Those Prides guys just don't look very good when they first come over...maybe because they're coming off that juice...lol.

A little shocked about Liddell though...not so much that he lost, but that he didn't really do anything other than throw that right hand. I mean, does the guy even know how to throw a leg kick anymore??????
Southeastpaw
After Chuck got floored, he went into survival mode. He tentative, as always, before he got floored, but he was VERY tentative after that. I don't think he was interested in gambling on getting himself KOed again. So instead, he was content with letting it go to the judges. I cannot believe that one judge actually had it 29-28 for Liddel.I guess that is what was running through Chuck's mind right after the knockdown. Oh well. Chuck is done.
BrutalBodyShots
Yeah if Chuck fights to just go the distance with the Dean of Sardines there's not much you can say about him as far as his future goes.

jp
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 23 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]358469[/snapback]
I didn't think the Forrest win was much of an upset....especially considering that he asked for the fight with Shogun. Those Prides guys just don't look very good when they first come over...maybe because they're coming off that juice...lol.

A little shocked about Liddell though...not so much that he lost, but that he didn't really do anything other than throw that right hand. I mean, does the guy even know how to throw a leg kick anymore??????

You don't think that Forrest Griffen beating the number 1 or 2 ranked lhw in the world is an upset because.........................he asked for the fight?????????? That's taking a lot away from the man's win, not too many people were predicting Forrest to win that fight and he came through and blew the guy out. Not only was that a major upset but I think that it's bigger than anything else that's happened this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.