Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Miguel Cotto - Roland Navarette World Jr. Welterweight Title Match Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
On Sunday September 30th 2007, is the biggest title fight in the history of the Jr. Welterweight Division.

Virtually Undefeated Miguel Cotto (13-2-0 7KOs) makes his 1st defense of his 2nd reign as the Jr. Welterweight Champion against The Undefeated Former Lightweight World Champion Roland Navarette (17-0-0 5KOs)

Miguel Cotto Career Highlights :

W KO 12 Sigmund Krabb
W KO 4 Zab "Super" Judah
W TKO 6 Carlos "El Apostle" Maussa - For the Jr. Welterweight Title
W UD 12 Luis Collazo
W UD 12 Malvador "Malvado" Manchez - Solid win against the former Lightweight Champion
L UD 12, W KO 10 "Sublime" Buddy Shine - Shine upset Cotto for the Jr. Welterweight Title, in the rematch Cotto got his revenge in dominating fashion.
L UD 12, W UD 12 Junior Do Prado - Prado upset Cotto by slim scores in their first fight which was then followed by a dominating revenge performance by Cotto in the rematch.
W KO 1 "Running Man" - For the Jr. Welterweight title over the 2 division Champ Running Man.

-- ---------------------------------------

Roland Navarette Career Highlights :

W KO 1 Leon Washington - For the Lightweight Title
W UD 12, W UD 12 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - Defeated Previously unbeaten Mcpheerson in 2 Fights.
W UD 12 Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Solid win against the former Jr. Lightweight Champion

------------------------------------------

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE!
The CEO
Cotto will knock Navarette out...then Maussa will knock Cotto out.

BigG
Cotto SD....

Don't forget about Judah.

He just avenged an earlier loss by giving his opponent a terrible beating.

The CEO
Maussa just told me the league should quarantine all Judahs and nuke them.

laugh.gif
Blayde
Navarette UD

17-0, nothing more to say. I predict it will take some time until Navarette gets beaten at 23-0 or something like that...
The CEO
McPheerson could have gotten the decision against Navarette in their rematch...check it out, Blayde. He's getting better and better too...

Blayde
The thing is when I look at the fight I see it scored 117-111 by all judges and Navarette clearly winning his rounds wink.gif
CyruS
Don't forget, Cotto has an instant rematch clause in the contract that is to his favor only.

Sonny Cochran is king cool.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(Blayde @ Sep 24 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]358626[/snapback]
The thing is when I look at the fight I see it scored 117-111 by all judges and Navarette clearly winning his rounds wink.gif

Well look in depth...you can't read a book by its cover...unless it's one of your

BUMS!!!!

laugh.gif
BigG
Let's see McPheerson fight Zab in a 2 or 3 weeks.
The CEO
Dungeon Members don't duck. It's not in our blood.

If you want some...you shall get some.
BigG
Beatdown...Cotto got schooled.

Navarette is top 2 P4P.
Maxy
Is there anyone capable of giving Navarette a fight?
The CEO
McPheerson...who came in with the wrong plan against Patrick and got KOed...can beat Navarette.

and for the record....Freddy wants his guaranteed rematch, Tera...and he won't take it easy on you this time.
CyruS
After losing the Jr. Welterweight title by UD to Roland....

COTTO ENFORCES HIS INSTANT REMATCH CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT!
NickBarker
Thanks for the love, Blayde.

CEO, I'm always open for fighting any of your guys.

Navarette needed this fight to show his legitimacy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.