Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clottey v Collazo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Elijah
Anyone know when this fight is supposed to happen? Just read that Top Rank was the only one to bid on the fight.

Should be a good fight. I think Collazo is slick enough to give Clottey some problems. Obviously Clottey has the power advantage but I'm not sure he has the faster hands. Don't know if Clottey has fought any southpaws either.

I don't think either one will be a threat to Cintron though.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 25 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]358695[/snapback]
Anyone know when this fight is supposed to happen? Just read that Top Rank was the only one to bid on the fight.

Should be a good fight. I think Collazo is slick enough to give Clottey some problems. Obviously Clottey has the power advantage but I'm not sure he has the faster hands. Don't know if Clottey has fought any southpaws either.

I don't think either one will be a threat to Cintron though.

I haven't heard anything about it. But I love the match-up. I actually think that both Clottey and Collazo could give Cintron trouble. There is still a ? concerning Cintron for me. I think both Collazo and Clottey are higher caliber than Estrada.
Chi-Town
Agreed..I think either match up would produce a great fight...If you twisted my arm I guess i'd have to lean a little more toward Clottey as he is more durable and could take Kermit's power better, thus leading to a more exciting brawl. However I think Collazo would have a better shot at beating him.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 25 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]358697[/snapback]
I haven't heard anything about it. But I love the match-up. I actually think that both Clottey and Collazo could give Cintron trouble. There is still a ? concerning Cintron for me. I think both Collazo and Clottey are higher caliber than Estrada.

there has to be plenty of questions about cintron. when you get beat into a crying mess in your biggest fight, i would say that should raise a few eyebrows. i would slightly favor collazo over clottey, but not by much. i wont look at cintron the same again until he at least tries to avenge that embarrassing loss to margarito.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Sep 25 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]358705[/snapback]
there has to be plenty of questions about cintron. when you get beat into a crying mess in your biggest fight, i would say that should raise a few eyebrows. i would slightly favor collazo over clottey, but not by much. i wont look at cintron the same again until he at least tries to avenge that embarrassing loss to margarito.

And I agree to that. But you know there are people on here all riled up about Cintron because of his performance over Matthysee, which was spectacular, but comon. I mean, I actually have to give him credit for that win becasue I was going out on a limb and picked Walter to stop Cintron. However, I need to see how Cintron reacts when the going gets really tough again. For me, it doesn't necessarily have to be Margarito, but just a fight with a higher type caliber powerful puncher that takes him into the trenches. That is the test he failed first round-a-bout, now we need to see how he does in the retake.
BigG
I think both Collazo and Clottey beat Cintron....

Great matchup. It's 50-50.
The Original MrFactor
Clottey easy D12 over Collazo. Clottey easy D12 over Cintron. Clottey/Williams would be entertaining. I think Williams beats him though...
Cintron KO5 over Collazo. Williams beats Cintron.
BrutalBodyShots
I'd take Clottey or Collazo over Cintron. I don't think Cintron would blow either out of there with his power, and either guy would simply work him and win more rounds.

ghost13
I think Collazo beats Clottey by UD. Should be an outstanding fight. Surprise the purse bid was only $35,000
Tha Docta
im not surprised. both of these guys make for boring fights unless they are matched with the right guys. this fight has stinker written all over it if you ask me. but they are both good fighters.
Elijah
Boring fights out of Collazo/Clottey?

How you figure that?

I think both are pretty fun to watch in the ring. They like to stand and throw and Collazo is a pretty slick boxer when he wants to be. I wouldn't say either are "boring".

Cintron has way too much power for Collazo to handle. He might make Cintron miss for the first few rounds but just about every punch Cintron lands on him is gonna do some damage.

Clottey would be the tougher test for Cintron but even then I see Cintron winning by late KO or UD.

Dude is a monster for his weight.
Southeastpaw
Clottey would be the tougher test for Cintron but even then I see Cintron winning by late KO or UD.

Dude is a monster for his weight.

This may be true, but my logic doubts this. Clottey is very fast and powerful. He was putting it on Margarito in a way that Cintron could only dream of doing. At this point in time there is no way that I'm picking a guy that lost devastatingly to Margarito, whereas the Clottey was owning Margarito, a monster at WW, and lost a very close decision too. I'm not buyin it. I am judging on past opponents as well. I also thing that Clottey would have an easier time with Estrada than Cintron did.
Elijah
Well Cintron wouldn't fight Clottey anywhere near the same way Margarito did. If Cintron is smart he'll try and keep Clottey on the end of his punches and not let him get inside like Margarito did which was stupid on his part.

I don't put much into boxers who have common opponents. I don't think that works with boxing as much as it does with other sports. Different styles make for different fights despite the boxers having the same past common opponent(s).
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 26 2007, 05:30 PM) [snapback]358842[/snapback]
Well Cintron wouldn't fight Clottey anywhere near the same way Margarito did. If Cintron is smart he'll try and keep Clottey on the end of his punches and not let him get inside like Margarito did which was stupid on his part.

I don't put much into boxers who have common opponents. I don't think that works with boxing as much as it does with other sports. Different styles make for different fights despite the boxers having the same past common opponent(s).

I agree with you to a certain extent. But with this common opponent, Clottey showed that he could take power from a big KO type of guy. He showed that he could grit it through to the end when the going gets tough. No way in hell is Clottey an easy opponent for Cintron. Estrada is not a bad fighter and he was giving Cintron a time in there. Estrada is not as good as Clottey nor does he possess anywhere near the power Clottey does. Clottey puts together wery good shot and they are fast and powerful. He is going to stick around with Cintron. While I think that Cintron would not get blown out in the same fashion he did against Margarito, I still think that his heart and chin would be tested in this fight. Clottey is no way a Matthysee. Clottey has a very good defense. It would be an interesting fight. But as it stands, I would pick Clottey.
Blayde
Clottey vs. Collazo with the winner fighting Cintron sounds great to me. I like both matchups whoever will it will be facing Cintron. Personally Im leaning towards Clottey but that will for sure be a competetive fight. Hopefully on a HBO or Showtime card, but I dont know about that...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.