Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peter-McCline October 6th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy
Samuel Peter looks likely to face Jameel McCline on October 6th for the WBC Interim title at Madison Square Garden. Peter was named Interim champion on Monday following Maskaev's withdrawal from their title fight.

McCline was scheduled to box DaVarryl Williamson on the undercard but it now looks like he will box Peter.

My question is, how quickly will Peter be able to dispose of McCline?
Jack 1000
A good McCline can be tougher than given credit. You don't want to underestimate a guy like McCline. Why do I have the vision of Peter in a potentially tougher than expected fight? I think it will be better than some think. McCline has everything to gain and nothing to lose. I'll say Peter TKO 7.

Jack
Southeastpaw
It depends on how scared shitless Jameel comes into the fight.
Lil-lightsout
I hope McCline gives Peter a tough fight, though Peter will probably get McCline outta there early. It kind of depends which Jameel shows up. I just would like to see a good fight.
dj necrogenic
The big problem here is McCline has proven to be a good boxer, but cannot hit with power. While good boxing will definitely be good against Sam Peter, if you have nothing power-wise to keep him off your in trouble, and as Peter has a really good chin, I dont see McCline being to avoid getting tagged with some really hard shots. Also when faced with tough opposition McCline tends to shut down, lose confidence and give the fight away, and say what you want about Sam Peter but he will be right there the whole fight. I'd love to see McCline give a good showing here, as I think he's a good guy and someone who was always right there, but just never made it. But I dont see it happening, I see Peter KOing him in the mid rounds.
Tha Docta
mccline is huge but he fights scared. he damn near had a heart attack during his ringwalk for wladmir. he will eventually fold in this fight. i still dont know why mccline doesnt have good punching power, but he doesnt.
STEVENSKI
How exactly does Mccline "earn" a title shot again? It's things like this that make me turn more & more to MMA daily :-( . Thats sad as Boxing is the premier sport in my eyes.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 25 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]358720[/snapback]
How exactly does Mccline "earn" a title shot again? It's things like this that make me turn more & more to MMA daily :-( . Thats sad as Boxing is the premier sport in my eyes.

Well to be fair, his last 2 he beat Terry Smith, and then had a good showing vs. Valuev until he got injured.
JD
LOL...McCline is going to get worked, and it is going to be comedic.
The CEO
^^^

cosign...McGrimace makes the best faces in Boxing.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 26 2007, 12:28 AM) [snapback]358726[/snapback]
^^^

laugh.gif

Nothing beats Golota's facial after getting caned by Lewis.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 25 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]358726[/snapback]
^^^

laugh.gif

Whatcha talkin bout?

But my favorite is Jameel The Comedian
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 25 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]358728[/snapback]
Nothing beats Golota's facial after getting caned by Lewis.

I heard he went into seizures or something a little later after that beating. Lewis put it on that ass. I was a huge Lewis fan, but I felt bad for Golota.
BigG

Golota's career is hillarious...from the bite, to the low blows, to the riot, to the quitting....
The CEO
LOL!!

That's right. Golota's Psycho Face was awesome....and who can forget about McCall's Crying Face vs. Lewis too...

That's good stuff...thumbsup_anim.gif

but McGrimace's Scared Face is the best. A man that big and strong so worried about getting hit amuses me...laugh.gif
JD
The ringwalk...

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 25 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]358741[/snapback]
The ringwalk...

LOL. Poor guy was most likey fightin through some soiled trunks as well that night.
Jack 1000
OK, just for fun,

We know that Douglas-Tyson of the few places that were willing to put up a betting line, that Buster was a 50-1 long-shot. What do you think are the odds of Mcline as an underdog against Peter? I'll say 10-1. Most places won't go higher than 15-1 for a lot of boxing matches I was told years ago for big title fights because they don't want to be in a Douglas-Tyson situation.

But like I said. McCline has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he were to "Shock The World," it certainly wouldn't be like Douglas-Tyson, which was one of the all-time biggest upsets in sports. But, it would at least get people talking about boxing again. Would any of you like McCline to win for these reasons?

Jack
stateofthegame
I was really hoping to see Ruiz-Peter. I am not joking either I think it could do two things. One it will show if Peter can get past a holder and not get frustrated like he did against Wlad. Secondly if Ruiz comes to bang Peter could put him into retirement for real.
BrutalBodyShots
I'll go with my usual McCline vs A Live Body pick...

A Live Body W DQ McCline when McCline urinates on him during a clinch during the 3rd round.

I certainly hope that McCline is doing his Yoga and sleeping in his temperature/climate controlled plastic bubble while preparing for Peter.

singletrack
Peter by bolo punch to the back of the head - KO round 1.
BGv2.0
Showtime could really salvage this card, by making up for quality in quantity.

Peter/McCline as the headliner.....BUT they also need to air Golota/McBride and toss Williamson/Ruiz in there as well.

I think Williamson/Ruiz could be a snooze fest....but it's still 2 named HW's fighting....which is something that seems to happen less and less in the division nowadays.

BrutalBodyShots
Showtime rarely airs 3 fights.

X3_Bazooka_X3
If McCline can use his reach and his speed in there, and a good solid Double Jab he can win this fight, but its un likely that he will go out with intent to win, I think he will choke again here as he did with Klitschko, But if for some reason McCline clearly understands this is his last straw and if he implys himself I see no reason why he cant win, he does have some attributes here than can carry him in this fight, weather or not he beleives it is entirely different.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 30 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]359277[/snapback]
If McCline can use his reach and his speed in there, and a good solid Double Jab he can win this fight, but its un likely that he will go out with intent to win, I think he will choke again here as he did with Klitschko, But if for some reason McCline clearly understands this is his last straw and if he applies himself I see no reason why he cant win, he does have some attributes here than can carry him in this fight, weather or not he believes it is entirely different.

I don't think McCline can win, because as mentioned earlier, he doesn't have the power to keep a big puncher like Peter off him. The best we get is a decent effort from McCline with a mid round stoppage scored by Peter and fans will be content in an OK fight, but hardly one that is worth saving for your fight archives.

The worst is McCline just showing up for a payday, and we get stuck with a replay of Klitschko-Austin, UGGHHHH. This could happen just as easily. It all depends on what McCline shows up.

Jack
JD
salvador
I'm pretty shocked that no one seems to be giving McCline a chance. He's a lot tougher fight for Peter than Maskaev would have been. His height alone is going to give Peter problems.

Peter's reputation was largely based on his two decision wins over Toney, a 5'9" blown up mw with skills. I'll be the first to admit that there was enormous improvement in Peter in that second fight (his jab ect.), but it's not like he cured his fundamental problems: slow, flat footed, short for a hw, and mediocre ring general.

I think that Peter's fight with Klit is a much better fight to use as a measuring stick for how he'll do with McCline. Obviously McCline is no Klit, but Klit was able to keep Peter off with his jab and completely dominated the fight except for the three knockdowns (at least 2 of which came from blows behind the head). McCline has a decent jab, a 6" height advantage and a much more solid jaw than Klit. McCline's not going to be intimidated and I really think that his advantages of being tall, thick, long arms, solid jab, and sturdy chin are MUCH more important tools for beating Peter than power.

I'm still picking Peter, but unless he lands that one big shot early, I think this is going to be a tough night for him.
JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 30 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]359282[/snapback]
I'm pretty shocked that no one seems to be giving McCline a chance. He's a lot tougher fight for Peter than Maskaev would have been. His height alone is going to give Peter problems.

Peter's reputation was largely based on his two decision wins over Toney, a 5'9" blown up mw with skills. I'll be the first to admit that there was enormous improvement in Peter in that second fight (his jab ect.), but it's not like he cured his fundamental problems: slow, flat footed, short for a hw, and mediocre ring general.

I think that Peter's fight with Klit is a much better fight to use as a measuring stick for how he'll do with McCline. Obviously McCline is no Klit, but Klit was able to keep Peter off with his jab and completely dominated the fight except for the three knockdowns (at least 2 of which came from blows behind the head). McCline has a decent jab, a 6" height advantage and a much more solid jaw than Klit. McCline's not going to be intimidated and I really think that his advantages of being tall, thick, long arms, solid jab, and sturdy chin are MUCH more important tools for beating Peter than power.

I'm still picking Peter, but unless he lands that one big shot early, I think this is going to be a tough night for him.

What makes it difficult for me to look at McCline here and give him a shot, is the fact that he has a vagina.
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 30 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]359284[/snapback]
What makes it difficult for me to look at McCline here and give him a shot, is the fact that he has a vagina.

There's a famous photo of Hillary Clinton in a bathing suit that was taken back when she was in college. In it, it's clear that her clit is at least 5 or 6 inches long. And just like it would be unfair to say that her unusually long clit makes her any less feminine, I think it's unfair of you to suggest that McCline is any less of a man simply because he has a vagina.

JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 30 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]359285[/snapback]
There's a famous photo of Hillary Clinton in a bathing suit that was taken back when she was in college. In it, it's clear that her clit is at least 5 or 6 inches long. And just like it would be unfair to say that her unusually long clit makes her any less feminine, I think it's unfair of you to suggest that McCline is any less of a man simply because he has a vagina.

I have to disagree here. A woman, with a 6 inch long clitoris that also has girth does in fact make her less of a woman.
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 30 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]359286[/snapback]
I have to disagree here. A woman, with a 6 inch long clitoris that also has girth does in fact make her less of a woman.

Then you're a sexist pig who obviously needs counseling.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 30 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]359280[/snapback]

LOL!!

and salvador...I think you're confusing the clit with the labia.
Jack 1000
The winner will be mandated to fight Maskiev per WBC rules on injured fighters. (Easy defense for Peter, Wouldn't be shocked if McCline were to somehow win than LOSE to Maskiev. LOL!)

Than, let's see a unification with Peter-Klitschko II!

Jack
BigG
I dont think much of McCline at all.....but if he fights the way he did vs the big ass ape Valuev, he might give Peter trouble for the first 3 or 4 rounds..But I really expect Peter to stop him brutally.

And LMAO Golota-McBride laugh.gif

Golota is one of the biggest morons in boxing....but I hope he puts a beating on McBride...
buford54
There is only one thing that will stop McCline from winning this fight. He has height and reach over Peter. Sadly, he, like the tin-man, has no heart and will run like a scared little girl all night.

Acutally, his one chance to win while terrified is to take the take a page from the Klitschko/Steward/Ruiz handbook. Jab/clinch. Jab/clinch. Double jab/clinch. Jab/clinch. Jab/right hand/clinch.

That's how you fight scared and still win against someone smaller than you.
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 30 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]359290[/snapback]
LOL!!
and salvador...I think you're confusing the clit with the labia.

LMFAO!!!

We may need to see this photo in order to determine whats what. I would think that if a woman actually had a 6 inch clitoris, it would be news worthy - that basically makers her a hermaphrodite. On the other hand, if she just had a nasty set of meat curtains, no one would think much of it.
singletrack
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 30 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]359284[/snapback]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahaha...I read the whole thing seriously until the end.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Maxy @ Sep 25 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]358706[/snapback]
Samuel Peter looks likely to face Jameel McCline on October 6th for the WBC Interim title at Madison Square Garden. Peter was named Interim champion on Monday following Maskaev's withdrawal from their title fight.

McCline was scheduled to box DaVarryl Williamson on the undercard but it now looks like he will box Peter.

My question is, how quickly will Peter be able to dispose of McCline?

My question is, how many shots is McCline going to get?
Jack 1000
My question is, how many shots is McCline going to get?

I know! But at least it's better than canceling the card altogether. McCline on a good night can at least be competitive. That is what we want to see. As far as him winning, this is a stretch. But anything's possible.

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
McCline has got to be one of the worst punchers P4P today. For a guy his size (one of the top 3 or so heavyweights size wise) he'd be lucky to be in the top 15-20 as far as heavyweight punchers go. That said, if Peter could take bombs from Wlad all night I see no problem with him taking McCline's shots. I think Peter's opponents need to study his fights with Toney (especially the first one) because Toney was able to hurt Peter to the body with a left hook and make him step back to regain his composure -- and Toney obviously isn't a big banger at heavyweight. Take a guy with more natural power that could properly place a few body shots on Peter and I think we'd see Peter have to overcome some adversity. McCline however is no where near to being the guy to demonstrate that.

dj necrogenic
Scam Peter will land one donkey punch and KO Jameel inside of 5 rounds. Its a shame that a fighter with the size of McCline, had to be such a mental midget.
salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 3 2007, 05:28 PM) [snapback]359667[/snapback]
McCline has got to be one of the worst punchers P4P today. For a guy his size (one of the top 3 or so heavyweights size wise) he'd be lucky to be in the top 15-20 as far as heavyweight punchers go. That said, if Peter could take bombs from Wlad all night I see no problem with him taking McCline's shots. I think Peter's opponents need to study his fights with Toney (especially the first one) because Toney was able to hurt Peter to the body with a left hook and make him step back to regain his composure -- and Toney obviously isn't a big banger at heavyweight. Take a guy with more natural power that could properly place a few body shots on Peter and I think we'd see Peter have to overcome some adversity. McCline however is no where near to being the guy to demonstrate that.

If McCline ever gets close enough to Peter to land body shots, McCline will get ko'd. McCline ain't got Toney's defense (obviously, nobody at hw does) and Peter would throw his own hooks with McCline until McCline falls.

McCline's only shot is to jab jab jab jab jab.

And come to think of it, I can't think of a single guy at hw who would be able to land body shots on Peter as a strategy. Peter's greatest weakness is his short size and his speed and lack of footwork. If someone is willing to bend down and stand in front of him long enough to land a hook to the body, Peter's in business. Chris Byrd maybe?
JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 4 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]359730[/snapback]
If McCline ever gets close enough to Peter to land body shots, McCline will get ko'd. McCline ain't got Toney's defense (obviously, nobody at hw does) and Peter would throw his own hooks with McCline until McCline falls.

McCline's only shot is to jab jab jab jab jab.

And come to think of it, I can't think of a single guy at hw who would be able to land body shots on Peter as a strategy. Peter's greatest weakness is his short size and his speed and lack of footwork. If someone is willing to bend down and stand in front of him long enough to land a hook to the body, Peter's in business. Chris Byrd maybe?

I could have seen a prime Chris Byrd tua'ing him, but not this version.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(JD @ Oct 4 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]359732[/snapback]
I could have seen a prime Chris Byrd tua'ing him, but not this version.

Yeah a prime Byrd beats Peter 9 times out of 10 at or around 117-111. Byrd would take a few shots on the ropes but nothing would land clean enough Ibeabuchi style to seriously hurt Byrd.

Not many of our current crop of heavyweights are great or even decent body punchers. Against someone with a very good chin like Peter the only strategy other than pure boxing and beating him with the jab would be to wear the guy down with body shots... speaking of Byrd/Tua that's a good example as Tua was never able to be hurt with head shots but Byrd was able to hurt him to the body.

Jack 1000
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 4 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]359758[/snapback]
Yeah a prime Byrd beats Peter 9 times out of 10 at or around 117-111. Byrd would take a few shots on the ropes but nothing would land clean enough Ibeabuchi style to seriously hurt Byrd.

Not many of our current crop of heavyweights are great or even decent body punchers. Against someone with a very good chin like Peter the only strategy other than pure boxing and beating him with the jab would be to wear the guy down with body shots... speaking of Byrd/Tua that's a good example as Tua was never able to be hurt with head shots but Byrd was able to hurt him to the body.

Yea,

A prime Byrd would be too fast for Peter. Unless that version of Byrd elected to stand and trade like against Ibeabutchi. Than I think Byrd's wings would get clipped in about 7 rounds.

Jack
AussieLad
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Sep 26 2007, 02:20 AM) [snapback]358747[/snapback]
I was really hoping to see Ruiz-Peter. I am not joking either I think it could do two things. One it will show if Peter can get past a holder and not get frustrated like he did against Wlad. Secondly if Ruiz comes to bang Peter could put him into retirement for real.

I thought the same thing

I'd love to see this fight. I would pay alot of money to see ruiz get tua'd again, and remove all potenial threat of another ruiz fight. When i heard he was coming back i just about shat my pants in terror of sinking into a coma watching another hug fest
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 4 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]359778[/snapback]
Yea,

A prime Byrd would be too fast for Peter. Unless that version of Byrd elected to stand and trade like against Ibeabutchi. Than I think Byrd's wings would get clipped in about 7 rounds.

Jack

Byrd didn't really elect to stand and trade against Ibeabuchi. He played his usual jab jab jab left hand role and would back to the ropes like always focusing on his D more than anything and firing shots conservatively when he saw openings, similar to Jones as he passed his prime. Ibeabuchi had deceptively fast hands for a big dude and simply caught Byrd when he was on the ropes; IMO it wasn't a case of Byrd standing and trading.

Kijis Konar
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 30 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]359285[/snapback]

Gosh... I feel like I wanna eat Hillary's pussy now...
Imperius3
Peter TKO 7
Big Slim Sweet
Rafael reporting the fight's in jeopardy now because McCline received steroids a few years ago.

If Jameel is pulled, I do hope King can pull another rabbit out of his hat and keep the night a float. Maybe throw Ruiz in there after all as he's now scheduled to fight one week later anyway.

Peter-Ruiz for some odd reason seems like an intriguing fight to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.