Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrera out to defy the odds...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy
Underdog Marco Antonio Barrera is out to prove the oddsmakers wrong when he takes on Manny Pacquiao on Oct. 6 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

According to his promoter, Oscar dela Hoya, the former three-time world champion has never trained as hard as he hopes to avenge his bitter knockout loss to Pacquiao in 2003.

Barrera, now pushing 34, said this is his last big fight – win, lose or draw.

“I’m saving my best for last,” Dela Hoya, quoting Barrera, told a teleconference Tuesday in Los Angeles where he was joined by co-promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank.

Dela Hoya said Barrera is in tremendous shape and has prepared for the fight dubbed “Will to Win” as hard as when he fought and defeated Naseem Hamed and Erik Morales.

“He was the underdog (then),” said Dela Hoya of the two fights, against Hamed in 2001 and Morales in 2002. They were both undefeated when they faced Barrera at the MGM Grand.

With only 10 days before the fight, oddsmakers in Vegas have placed Pacquiao as a -350 favorite against Barrera at +250. It means that a $350 bet on Pacquiao only wins $100.

Before the teleconference, The STAR got hold of Arum who said he expects the odds to go down in favor of Pacquiao in the last few days before the fight.

“I think Barrera is so respected that everybody gives him a chance. He’s such a smart fighter and I think the odds will go down come fight week once the Mexican money comes in,” said Arum on the phone.

Ticket sales, according to the Top Rank president, is doing extremely well.

“We’re only 1,400 tickets short of a sell-out. We’ve sold 10,000-plus tickets. There’s no question about a sell-out because we sell many tickets on fight week,” Arum added.

The fight is set at the 12,000-seat Events Center of Mandalay.

Arum admitted that Barrera is indeed a threat to Pacquiao, whom Dela Hoya said is “more popular than the (Philippine) President (Arroyo).”

“He (Barrera) is most dangerous, always at his best and is a consummate warrior. And because of his style, experience and ability, poses a tremendous challenge.

“But Freddie Roach reports to me that training went very, very well in the Philippines. Nobody, nobody trains as hard as Manny Pacquiao,” the legendary promoter said.
Southeastpaw
Pac takes out Barrera in 4. unsure.gif
Elijah
No way that's happening.

I actually like Barrera in this one. He's said in previous interviews this will more than likely be his last big fight. Might have a couple more farewell fights but not against an opponent as tough as Pacquiao.

I think Barrera is coming focused like he did in the Hamed fight. He showed how versatile his can be in his two fights with Juarez. He slugged it out in the first one and boxed very well in the second fight which is what he'll have to do this time. As long as he comes in tip top shape I think he'll be able to pull off a UD.

Tha Docta
barrera gets an ass whooping. but i give him credit for taking a fight that he has no chance of winning.
Southeastpaw
Originally, I thought that Barrera had a bad night and was caught sort of off-guard, which he definitely did have a bad night. But more of an off-night. But Marco is not getting younger, and he does best it seems when he has time to put his shots together. We all know he gets into brawl mode every once in a while, but Pac's brawl mode is better and Pac will not give Barrera the time he needs to think and put his shots together. I believe at this stage of Marco's career, he has been in too many wars and will get pummeled worse this time round. Pac is amidst his prime right now.
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 25 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]358714[/snapback]
No way that's happening.

I actually like Barrera in this one. He's said in previous interviews this will more than likely be his last big fight. Might have a couple more farewell fights but not against an opponent as tough as Pacquiao.

I think Barrera is coming focused like he did in the Hamed fight. He showed how versatile his can be in his two fights with Juarez. He slugged it out in the first one and boxed very well in the second fight which is what he'll have to do this time. As long as he comes in tip top shape I think he'll be able to pull off a UD.

If Barrera fights like he did against Juarez in the second fight, it will be an easy night for Pac.
kidbazooka1
It doesn't matter how well Barrera has prepared you can not beat age.

I remember Chavez before his 2nd fight with DLH said he had never trained this hard in his life and was in the best shape ever.

Barrera is waaaaaay past his prime to compete with Pac now in days.

Pac by TKO within 5
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 25 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]358716[/snapback]
I thought I would get that out of the way laugh.gif

Jan 7th, 2006 Jean-Marc Mormeck loses to O'Neil Bell via 10 rnd KO.
Mar 17th 2007 Jean-Marc Mormeck beats O'Neil Bell via 12 rnd UD.

I thought I would get that out of the way laugh.gif
Southeastpaw
You've also got Lewis/Rahman and Vasquez/Marquez
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 25 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]358715[/snapback]
[Brutal]Name a fighter who was dominated, brutally beaten and ultimately stopped late in the original but was able to win a rematch against his brutal conqueror. Those that are picking Barrera must have seen this happen in the past so surely they can provide a reference or two for me.[/BodyShots]

Nice job Fitz. I appreciate you saving me a little time =)

falvoa
I don't know, I like Barrera. I think it is clear though that he's just taking this bout because he is on his way out. He just lost to Marquez, and unlike a lot of other "supposed" boxing experts I don't see any improvements in Barrera's style that will give him a better chance of winning the rematch with Pacman. In fact, I see more improvements in Pacman.

The only factor could be that now Barrera knows he's facing a monster, in the first bout Pacquiao was considered a big puncher but (at least myself thought) he was not a "great" fighter. He may indeed be better prepared. . .

How ever, as I mentioned before, the Pacman seemed improved to me and he is in the prime of his career and Barrera has been slipping. Barrera tries his best, but I say the Pacman eats him up in about 7 rounds or so.

Pacman KO7 Barrera

aggressive.gif
Don Flamenco
Pac seems like he's ready

Barrera escape route plugged; 14-round drill awes crowd

By Recah Trinidad
Inquirer

LOS ANGELES -- There is a big possibility Marco Antonio Barrera will do everything to avoid an early knockout, so Manny Pacquiao perfected a sneaky liver shot, launched and capped with blinding rat-tat-tat right shots, in a non-stop 14-round punching drill that dramatically plugged all possible escape routes of the legendary Mexican warrior here Tuesday.

There was already a crowd in Pacquiao’s first official gym workout here since arriving Saturday night from his training stint in Cebu, but the anticipated sparring session was instead rescheduled for Wednesday

The awesome display of power, speed and sharpness came in a breathtaking non-stop drill with the mitts inside the ring, spread over the same length of time it takes to propel him on a jet flight from Manila to his hometown General Santos City or nearby Mindanao.

Big bombs

The execution was purely imaginary, the big bombs reverberating far and wide -- maybe all the way to the secluded Barrera workplace in Guadalajara -- and the few Mexicans in the 60-strong horde at Wild Card could only smile wryly and shake their heads in awe.

The liver shot, brought into the open here for the first time, was a paralyzing replica of the left dagger to the rib cage used by Gerry Peñalosa in stopping world super bantamweight king Jhonny Gonzales in Sacramento early last month, but delivered by Pacquiao with a flashing right hook.

After the no-break punching drill that had a tired but visibly pleased Freddie Roach on the receiving end, Pacquiao did another full hour of assorted drills, capped by a neophyte session on the floor that surprisingly included the use of weights, as prescribed by a Roach gym deputy.

However, this amateurish portion was mercifully scrapped after less than 10 minutes on the suggestion of Roach assistant Buboy Fernandez, who insisted the use of iron this late could result in strain and severely disrupt hard-earned rhythm and speed.

Full morning run

Actually, Pacquiao Tuesday was supposed to do only a short jog, limber up in the park close to his apartment. But he opted to take a full morning run through the trying Griffith Park terrain with Rodel Mayol, whom he’s helping to repackage here.

Pacquiao covered the hilly terrain in only 45 minutes, three minutes faster at this point in previous training here.

“Our plan? We’ll knock him out earlier,” Roach told the Philippine Daily Inquirer (parent company of INQUIRER.net), a plot he had to reconfirm following silly rumors of a dive and a rubber match.

All in all, Tuesday’s Pacquiao regimen lasted a full 30 rounds, with Pacquiao still oozing with vigor when he reluctantly agreed to call it a day.

He had the usual shower and rub-down, then repaired to the gym counter where he gladly accommodated admirers, signing mementos and posing for photographs.

Roach no longer had to explain why he allowed Pacquiao to refuse the usual minute-break in between the training rounds.

Pacquiao, meanwhile, was unusually quiet although he earlier told a television man from Manila about that famous Joe Frazier adage that nobody could help or save a boxer inside the ring except himself.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...rticle_id=90735
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 25 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]358750[/snapback]
Nice job Fitz. I appreciate you saving me a little time =)

His analogy has already been blown to shit.
BigG
Schmelling beats the hell out of Louis and knocks him out in their first fight.

Louis demolishes him in 1 in the rematch.
ghost13
I can see Barrera pulling out the last great performance of his career and beating Pac.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(ghost13 @ Sep 26 2007, 03:00 AM) [snapback]358774[/snapback]
I can see Barrera pulling out the last great performance of his career and beating Pac.

and how will he do this exactly? i see no way for barrera to win. i even think there is a good chance that barrera will foul intentionally to get out of this fight.
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Sep 26 2007, 06:18 AM) [snapback]358785[/snapback]
i even think there is a good chance that barrera will foul intentionally to get out of this fight.

....and there is a good chance that tomorrow, the sun won't rise in the East, and set in the West.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 26 2007, 12:51 AM) [snapback]358770[/snapback]
Those examples are not good. Neither guy was dominated in the fights and aren't even comparable to how Barrera lost to Pacquaio, Lewis/Rahman was a KO loss in the first half of the fight with a fluke punch and both fights with Vasquez and Marquez were competitive, you just provided examples on a rematch with different results, that is all.

I have only come with one example for Brutal before, and I don't care what the scorecards say, Fenech dominated Nelson and beat him quite easy in the first fight and then got dominated himself in the rematch.

You got it Fitz. It is easy to come up with a hundred examples of fighters winning competitive fights the first time and losing the rematch (Ward/Gatti, Tarver/Jones, Barrera/Morales, etc etc etc). 99.9% of the time those types of fights were close/competitive in the original -- it is very rare to find a fighter brutally beaten round after round en route to getting stopped in a dominant loss yet come back and beat his conqueror.

George your example is a fine one, but really doesn't apply to Pacquiao/Barrera unless anyone would suggest that Barrera would (or even could) stop Pacquiao in the first round of the rematch. Louis P4P was a better puncher than Barrera and would be much more capable of doing this.

All things staying equal from their first fight, Barrera would not win this rematch... but all things aren't even equal as most would agree that if anything Barrera has declined slightly since the original and Pacquiao has improved slightly. The rematch should be exactly like the original, just with Pacquiao stopping Barrera sooner this time.

Elijah
"If Barrera fights like he did against Juarez in the second fight, it will be an easy night for Pac."

That's the ONLY way Barrera has a chance of winning the fight. He certainly isn't gonna stand and trade with dude. Pacquiao is definitely not a boxer and can be beat by a good boxer. It's just a matter of how much good boxing Barrera has left in him and if he has enough good boxing left in him he has the chance to beat Pacquiao.

I don't see this fight being a one sided beat down by any means.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Elijah @ Sep 26 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]358810[/snapback]
I don't see this fight being a one sided beat down by any means.

Did you see their first fight as being a one sided beat down?

BigG
barrera can be more competitive but thats it. Pacquiao's speed and combo's will always be too much for Barrera.
gods son
pacman will jump on marco like a crazy bulldog, i feel sorry for barrera, he will get rocked and knocked out!!!
Imperius3
Barrera always does better in the rematches, and I don't believe he will let himself get blown out again.

However, Pacquiao's blazing hand speed will most likely dictate the fight much like the first. Pacquiao is a beast, and he might be unbeatable for some time.

I'll take Pacquiao by decision. Barrera will be game, but I see him getting hit too much and losing a clear decision.
Big Slim Sweet
I also expect Marco to give a very good account of himself. This will NOT be a replay of their first fight or Pacquiao-Morales 3. Barrera isn't like Morales. He's a safety first guy. He would never accept a rematch for pride alone if he didn't honestly think he could pull it out. Though I thought he lost the fight to Marquez last March, he still looked pretty sharp to me, and I for one believe he had way too many legit distractions heading into their fight four years ago.

All that said, I believe Pacman is just too strong and too fast at this stage of their careers and at some point late will hurt and stop Marco in a close, competitive battle.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I think Barreras performance against Marquez shows he has a bit left in him, is it enought to beat a monster like Manny? especially when you consider that the one sided mercey killing will be in the back of Barreras mind all night, to me I just dont see anything here for Barrera to grab on to in order to win this fight, too much to over come in this one, speed, Power, South Paw style, and Youth lets not also forget the onesided beating he did take from Manny in the first fight.
at Marcos Age I doubt he gets very far in this fight, Manny will not allow MAB to slow the fight down, he will have the pedal to the floor the entire night.
Pac wins again in five rounds or less.
The CEO
Although Pac SHOULD win this one, I'm not counting Barrera out here...and I will be rooting for him.
BrutalBodyShots
Odds on this fight should be 20-1 in Pac's favor or wider. A Barrera win would be one of the biggest upsets in boxing history IMO.

TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 28 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]358978[/snapback]
Odds on this fight should be 20-1 in Pac's favor or wider. A Barrera win would be one of the biggest upsets in boxing history IMO.

Let us not overstate now...

I'm sure you also had Barrera's ass in the ringer after Junior Jones.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(TheAmblingAlp @ Sep 29 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]358988[/snapback]
Let us not overstate now...

I'm sure you also had Barrera's ass in the ringer after Junior Jones.

First, what do the Junior Jones fights have to do with anything? Barrera was not brutally beaten in a one sided fight and stopped in the original and won the rematch in those fights so I do not see the relevancy.

Second, I do not think it is overstating at all...

I mean if you read above only one person could come up with a single example of a fighter that was dominated and stopped in the original but won the rematch, which translates to it very rarely happening in the history of the sport. Something that very rarely happens in the sport (for which only one reference has been given) to me would be one of the biggest upsets in history of that sport.

salvador
Brutal,

I'm not sure this counts, but the first SRL-Duran fight was close for only one reason: SRL decided to slug with the slugger (something Mayweather should learn from if he ever wants to be a real star). In both rematches, SRL decided to box and the results were very different.

Barrera could have boxed much more in that first fight with Manny, but he foolishly chose to trade more than he should have. I think that if he had boxed more there's a good chance he would have gone the distance without sustaining so much punishment. He has a great jab and we saw him use it to humiliate Naz. We also saw JMM outbox Manny and expose the fact that Manny is one dimensional. Barrera's a much better technical fighter than Manny and I really don't think he'd be getting back in the ring with him if he didn't think he had a chance.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Barrera stick his jab with real authority from every angle, counter Manny all night, and maybe even eek out a narrow decision.
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 29 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]359008[/snapback]
I mean if you read above only one person could come up with a single example of a fighter that was dominated and stopped in the original but won the rematch,

....and you re-read the thread carefully, you'll find it was I that came up with the example. LOL

Obviously Louis/Schmeling is the first one that comes to peoples minds, but the OP wanted a late stoppage, and not an early one.

The Junior Jones reference was to point out that a LOT of people wrote Barrera off after those two fights.....just like you're writing him off now.

You think too much of Manny, that's your problem. I still see a guy who can only fight coming forward, who range finds his right....and then leaps in with straight lefts.

Just because he hasn't thoroughly solved yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. If Barrera boxes, it will be competitive. If he chooses to stand there and slug, like that ego-maniac Morales, then yes, he'll probably get stopped again.

I thought I'd get this in now, because you'll be sulking after tonights win by Jermain.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 25 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]358715[/snapback]
[Brutal]Name a fighter who was dominated, brutally beaten and ultimately stopped late in the original but was able to win a rematch against his brutal conqueror. Those that are picking Barrera must have seen this happen in the past so surely they can provide a reference or two for me.[/BodyShots]

Holyfield vs Bowe the first fight Holyfield was dominated the rematch Evander came back and clearly won, had it not been for fan man he would have knocked out Bowe.
The CEO
If I were the oddsmaker, I'd place them at 8.5 to 1 for Pac...not 20 to 1.
JD
Currently, Pac is at -290, Barrera is at +230.
The CEO
What do you think about that current line, JD?
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 29 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]359018[/snapback]
What do you think about that current line, JD?

It tells me that the betting public is not writing Barrera off.

I actually think MAB has a better chance in this than many others seem to. I do not like Pac training back home, and I do not like the fact that Pac has ceased to improve recently. He looked vulnerable in there against Larios to me, and the first fight was really a case of Pac taking Barrera by storm and just surprising the hell out of him with EVERYTHING.

I can see Barrera settling this down a bit and using every bit of his skill and ring intelligence to make this fight more of what he wants. In the end, I think I am going to take Pac, but I will not do so in a walkover and without a bit of apprehension.
The CEO
My sentiments exactly...without all the details...laugh.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 29 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]359016[/snapback]
If I were the oddsmaker, I'd place them at 8.5 to 1 for Pac...not 20 to 1.

Same way oddsmakers had Trinidad 7-2 over Hopkins when anyone really following the career of Hopkins knew they should have been 10-1 for Hopkins.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 29 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]359011[/snapback]
Brutal,

I'm not sure this counts, but the first SRL-Duran fight was close for only one reason: SRL decided to slug with the slugger (something Mayweather should learn from if he ever wants to be a real star). In both rematches, SRL decided to box and the results were very different.

Barrera could have boxed much more in that first fight with Manny, but he foolishly chose to trade more than he should have. I think that if he had boxed more there's a good chance he would have gone the distance without sustaining so much punishment. He has a great jab and we saw him use it to humiliate Naz. We also saw JMM outbox Manny and expose the fact that Manny is one dimensional. Barrera's a much better technical fighter than Manny and I really don't think he'd be getting back in the ring with him if he didn't think he had a chance.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Barrera stick his jab with real authority from every angle, counter Manny all night, and maybe even eek out a narrow decision.

Could have, would have, should have... Bottom line is that Barrera was dominated and stopped late against Pac. Certainly if a fighter goes out there and fights a COMPLETELY different style the fight stands a great chance of looking different. Like if Lennox Lewis decided to abandon the jab and just go out there and go toe to toe chances are many of his fights would have ended differently. We don't know, we only speculate. Barrera MAY go out there and fight a much more focused fight than the first time. That being the case he certainly stands a greater chance of securing more ROUNDS than the first time... the question then is whether or not at this stage of the game one believes that Barrera has enough left to sustain that gameplan for 12 full rounds, or that during those 12 rounds the fresher guy in Pacquiao won't get to Barrera. I personally do not think Barrera can accomplish this, but that's an entirely different discussion.

The CEO
lol...well...I followed both Hopkins' and Tito's careers pretty in depth before they met...and 7 to 2 seemed like perfect odds at the time..

So you were thinking Tito had a 10% chance in that one?... mellow.gif

Anyway......that's a whole other fight...with other fighters...and other variables...

20 to 1 ain't right for MAB/PAC, BBS....10 to 1 or less is more reasonable.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(TheAmblingAlp @ Sep 29 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]359014[/snapback]
....and you re-read the thread carefully, you'll find it was I that came up with the example. LOL

Obviously Louis/Schmeling is the first one that comes to peoples minds, but the OP wanted a late stoppage, and not an early one.

The Junior Jones reference was to point out that a LOT of people wrote Barrera off after those two fights.....just like you're writing him off now.

You think too much of Manny, that's your problem. I still see a guy who can only fight coming forward, who range finds his right....and then leaps in with straight lefts.

Just because he hasn't thoroughly solved yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. If Barrera boxes, it will be competitive. If he chooses to stand there and slug, like that ego-maniac Morales, then yes, he'll probably get stopped again.

I thought I'd get this in now, because you'll be sulking after tonights win by Jermain.

I'm not writing off Barrera persay; I'm saying that Barrera would be making history if he were to beat a guy that dominated him for round after round en route to stopping him. The Junior Jones fights and all of Barrera's fights have nothing to do with my take on Pacquiao/Barrera II having seen Pacquiao/Barrera I multiple times.

I don't think too much of Pacquiao at all. I think he's incredibly one dimensional - I just happen to think that his one dimension will be too much for Barrera to handle, AGAIN. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Again, I agree if Barrera boxes it will be a closer fight in that Barrera will be able to win more rounds. He may win the battle in a sense of winning more rounds, but he won't win the war because ultimately I think Pac's aggression and pressure will take its toll and stop Barrera at some point.

And as for the sulking, if Taylor wins I will give him his just due. I just want to see if the guy can take a real punch. I happen to think he can't. If he can I will have no problem saying congratulations to Taylor since he will finally have faced and beaten a puncher.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Sep 29 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]359015[/snapback]
Holyfield vs Bowe the first fight Holyfield was dominated the rematch Evander came back and clearly won, had it not been for fan man he would have knocked out Bowe.

First of all Holyfield wasn't stopped against Bowe in the first fight the way Barrera was against Pacquiao. Second, Holyfield was more competitive than Barrera was despite the stoppage. The fan man crap is just speculation and could be argued either way, but even if Holyfield DID stop Bowe in the rematch that wouldn't matter as Holyfield wasn't dominated and brutally stopped late against Bowe the first time.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 29 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]359026[/snapback]
lol...well...I followed both Hopkins' and Tito's careers pretty in depth before they met...and 7 to 2 seemed like perfect odds at the time..

So you were thinking Tito had a 10% chance in that one?... mellow.gif
Anyway......that's a whole other fight...with other fighters...and other variables...
20 to 1 ain't right for MAB/PAC, BBS....10 to 1 or less is more reasonable.

The problem with those odds is that you are talking two fan favorite fighters (moreso Trinidad of course than Barrera) but both have larger than average fan bases. Trinidad is a huge draw, and the odds reflected his popularity. The same way that Holyfield, Tyson and even Jones had odds swayed more than they should have when they were in against guys that were threats.

Take Trinidad's name/fan base/HBO exposure away and the fact that Hopkins was on Fox Sports Net Tuesday Night Fights and put them on a level playing field and Hopkins is a huge favorite over Trinidad. However you want to quantify that is fine, but to me it was a really easy pick to make.

I think 20-1 is what the odds be for Pacquiao-Barrera II... I bet for every person that thinks Barrera will win you would find 20 that think Pacquiao wins, or pretty damn close anyway. Again, this is all based on their first encounter. Again though, take away Barrera's name, fan base and HBO exposure and the odds wouldn't be inside 3-1 in Pac's favor for this fight. Same way they should have been wider for Pacquiao/Morales III considering the result of Pacquiao/Morales II... but in Morales you had many of the same qualities/attributes that Barrera has.

The CEO
I base my personal oddsmaking on what I know alone...like educated gamblers are supposed to do...ofcourse, many times, those factors you mentioned influence the actual odds...

But this is Barrera...I know he's a noticeably downhill version...but he's looked noticeably downhill before and came back to surprise the masses...

I see him being ready for Pac this time...Pac's 1.75 dimensions are ingrained in his head next to his metal plate...and Barrera HATES to lose....especially in the fashion he lost the 1st time...

So...Barrera's a very smart fighter with an extremely competitive nature...AND a consummate amount of experience...and if he puts it all together one more time...he can win this one...1 out of 8.5 times iMo...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 29 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]359038[/snapback]
I base my personal oddsmaking on what I know alone...like educated gamblers are supposed to do...ofcourse, many times, those factors you mentioned influence the actual odds...

But this is Barrera...I know he's a noticeably downhill version...but he's looked noticeably downhill before and came back to surprise the masses...

I see him being ready for Pac this time...Pac's 1.75 dimensions are ingrained in his head next to his metal plate...and Barrera HATES to lose....especially in the fashion he lost the 1st time...

So...Barrera's a very smart fighter with an extremely competitive nature...AND a consummate amount of experience...and if he puts it all together one more time...he can win this one...1 out of 8.5 times iMo...

Possible... I just don't think it is at all probable.

Yes Barrera has come back and won before... but not at the age he's at now, and not against Pac. And those times he's done better in rematches, none were as devestating of originals as Pacquiao-Barrera I.

imperial
MAB BY tko

WAR MAB !!!!!!!!!!!!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(imperial @ Sep 29 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]359055[/snapback]
MAB BY tko
WAR MAB !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

BigG
Pacman is gonna hammer MAB. It's gonna be a terrible beating. Pacman in 7 or 8. the the first fight was as one-sided as X-Tito.

Barrera will never be able to handle the speed of Pac.

Corner will throw in the towel.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 30 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]359092[/snapback]
Pacman is gonna hammer MAB. It's gonna be a terrible beating. Pacman in 7 or 8. the the first fight was as one-sided as X-Tito.

Barrera will never be able to handle the speed of Pac.

Corner will throw in the towel.

Yup. I won't be buying the PPV. I'll just catch the round by round with you guys on here.

torvix2000
Who knows? I think Pac's ego is again ripe for another schooling?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.