Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joan Guzman vs. Humberto Soto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Southeastpaw
Great scrap and great match-up. This could very well be a candidate for FOTY. I really like both of these guys. Soto is a great boxer/puncher. I know that there is a lot of hype around Guzman, and for good reason. When I first saw this fight was made, I instantly thought Guzman. But I really can't say. Guzman is sharp and powerful and no nonsense. Soto seems a bit more crafty to me though. I really like this fight. It's a toss-up for me.
Snoop
Any info on when in Nov this will take place?
ghost13
I think Soto takes it. I liked Guzman a lot more in the lower weights. But it seems he's lost his power as he's moved on up. He ain't scored a knock out in years. I think Soto stops him around the 8th or 9th round.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Sep 26 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]358775[/snapback]
Any info on when in Nov this will take place?

Nov. 17th on HBO
BigG
This will be like Calderon-Cazares.

Guzman will dominate the first 7-8 rounds then Soto will rally late.
Diane
I think that this is going to be a great fight. I really like Humberto Soto, his punches pack a lot of power, but he needs to work on his defense a bit more. I say Soto takes this one.
Michigan Assassin
Does anyone know where this fight would take place? I wouldn't mind catching this one in person.
Diane
Nothing definite on the site yet. Early thoughts were, that it was going to be somewhere in Southern California, but the latest now is Atlantic City.
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(Diane @ Sep 28 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]358917[/snapback]
Nothing definite on the site yet. Early thoughts were, that it was going to be somewhere in Southern California, but the latest now is Atlantic City.

I was going to see it live, but they moved to Atlantic City.
mastershake
I'm looking for Soto to pull the upset here. I think he'll catch up to Guzman in the latter rounds and stop him.
Diane
It's been confirmed, the fight is at the Borgata in Atlantic City.

I'm bummed, I was going to buy tix for my best friend as an early Xmas present, because he lives in San Diego, and for the longest time they were saying it was going to be in Southern California, now it's not. thumbsdown_anim.gif

As a side note - Go Tribe mastershake!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.