Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dancing will not interfere with Floyd's training...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
...cause I don't think he's going to be on the show that long.

LOL

He needs to tone down all that energy and save it for Hatton and we might actually get to see a good scrap.

LOL
Snoop
LOL. Shamefully I watched it. It just looked awkward.
JD
Floyd just reminds me of the dude you knew growing up (but weren't friends with) that tries too damn hard to fit some bizarre definition of "cool".

Tha Docta
i have to admit that as much as floyd annoys me, i think its funny as hell that hes doing this show. if i was hatton i would be pissed, cause odds are that floyd will be dancing with the stars and then dancing all over hattons face come fight time. its going to be a little more embarrassing for hatton when he loses this fight.
The CEO
There wasn't much Cha Cha in his routine at all. It's not called STEPPIN' With The Stars, Floyd.

laugh.gif

He was simply unable to subdue The Ghetto in him on the floor. I guess he couldn't help but to do the Drumline/Stomp The Yard shit...laugh.gif

The GOOD part is that after Floyd gets voted off...he'll be so pissed he got "hated on and robbed", that he'll channel his anger into knocking chunks out of Hatton's face.

This is what Ricky will look like after this fight...
Spyder
I gotta tell you, I think Floyd got a raw deal from the judges. I thought that his "Stomp the Yard" was better than Wayne Newton's "creepy old guy groping the pretty young girl" routine.

Now for an unrelated question:

How many of these guys end up banging their dance partner? Some of those girls are fucking hot!! I'm pulling for Mark Cuban to slay that Aussie chick. When she told him that she didn't like his hand on his rod, I knew he was in. laugh.gif
The CEO
For the record...the British judge gave old ass Wayne Newton a 7 and Mayweather a 6.

laugh.gif

xxxxxx
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 25 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]358768[/snapback]
...cause I don't think he's going to be on the show that long.

LOL

He needs to tone down all that energy and save it for Hatton and we might actually get to see a good scrap.

LOL

I actually thought Mayweather did a fine job and got robbed on the judges cards.He was a little to hip-hop and that might have hurt his scoring.He was better than Cuban and Wayne though, anyone who disagrees with that is a fool in my opinion.He deserves to make it to the second round and lets see what happens there.He has a lot of natural ability out there, much more than the other male dancers.
JD
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Sep 26 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]358797[/snapback]
I actually thought Mayweather did a fine job and got robbed on the judges cards.He was a little to hip-hop and that might have hurt his scoring.He was better than Cuban and Wayne though, anyone who disagrees with that is a fool in my opinion.He deserves to make it to the second round and lets see what happens there.He has a lot of natural ability out there, much more than the other male dancers.

LOL...

You KNOW boxing is dead when my man is this serious about a fighter in a dancing competition.

drinks.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I didn't catch the show, but it sounds like Mayweather didn't do so great. I'm sure it'll be up on youtube in a day or two. To respond to someones question above about the dance partners banging each other, you've got to think that it happens a good amount... I mean most of these women are hot as hell with great bodies and have to work for hours and hours a day for weeks and weeks all over one another. No doubt that some chemistry becomes a factor eventually.

Nay_Sayer
Video? Youtube? Somebody gotta have something...
thehype
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 26 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]358798[/snapback]
LOL...

You KNOW boxing is dead when my man is this serious about a fighter in a dancing competition.

drinks.gif

LMAO. No kidding.

The problem is that it's a popularity contest. I mean, take Billy Ray Cyrus for example...there's no way that he should have made it as far as he did last season...but his "aw gee, schucks, oh gosh" attitude was popular among the voters so they kept him around. Ditto for Jerry Springer...who looked like a fish out of water on that dance floor.

Mayweather isn't exactly as popular or as well-known as someone like Wayne Newton or Mark Cuban...and because of that, he's going to have to dance his ass off each and every time if he hopes to get some of those votes floating around out there. Even if he does dance better than Newton and Cuban, he's going to have to do something that makes voters want to keep him around.

BrutalBodyShots
And I doubt that many diehard Floyd fans will vote for him either... so he's not going to get any many support votes from his fans from boxing.
Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Sep 26 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]358820[/snapback]
And I doubt that many diehard Floyd fans will vote for him either... so he's not going to get any many support votes from his fans from boxing.

Is there such a thing as a diehard Floyd fan?
thehype
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Sep 26 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]358802[/snapback]
Video? Youtube? Somebody gotta have something...

Go to ABC's streaming media page:

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Install their player and you can watch the entire episode. Choose the second episode as the first episode is just the women. I believe Floyd was the second dancer. You can skip to the section you want to view. I believe section 3 is the section with Floyd.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Maxy @ Sep 26 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]358821[/snapback]
Is there such a thing as a diehard Floyd fan?

Probably.

Southeastpaw
You can take the dancer out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the dancer.

Floyd danced better in the Baldomir fight than he did on the show. LOL

Mayweather is still gunna dance all over Hatton's face come fight time.
The CEO
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Sep 26 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]358838[/snapback]
You can take the dancer out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the dancer.

Exactly. Floyd's too hood for Ballroom Dancing.

laugh.gif

but this DOES mean he's got a lock on The Hood Vote...kinda like Master P did a while back...so if The Hood cares enough about him to vote, it could possibly carry him a few weeks longer than expected...
Snoop
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 26 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]358839[/snapback]
but this DOES mean he's got a lock on The Hood Vote...kinda like Master P did a while back...so if The Hood cares enough about him to vote, it could possibly carry him a few weeks longer than expected...

Master P was on Dancing with the Stars? WTF?? Very hardcore of him.
WolfishPromistah
I think it's great to see Floyd on this show. 'Seems he's interested in trying to do a good job, even though he's not familiar with the style of dancing that drives the show (that ballroom stuff). Now, what he may have been trying to do with is partner is to be a little more creative, as in trying to mix the traditional style with a bit of flur from Hip-Hop swingin.' Whatever it was, I heard a few people say they feel he did better than what the judges gave him credit for, and that's good to hear. I just don't know if Floyd's gonna be able to pull viewers in, as part of the personality power is what draws folks to vote in one's favor. So he'll probably really have to pull a miracle in his delivery for people to get behind him here.

Good luck, Floyd!!!
xxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, Floyd survived the threat of an an early knockout on the celebrity "Dancing with the Stars" TV series, despite a posting the lowest score of all male dancers in round one (6 out of 10 on all three cards). Call-in votes from viewers got Floyd over the hump.
Wednesday, September 26 2007
JD
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Sep 27 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]358876[/snapback]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, Floyd survived the threat of an an early knockout on the celebrity "Dancing with the Stars" TV series, despite a posting the lowest score of all male dancers in round one (6 out of 10 on all three cards). Call-in votes from viewers got Floyd over the hump.
Wednesday, September 26 2007

I would love to know how many of those calls came in from the UK...you know the Hatton fans over there are dying to see him on that show as long as possible.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 27 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]358877[/snapback]
I would love to know how many of those calls came in from the UK...you know the Hatton fans over there are dying to see him on that show as long as possible.

That's a good point JD. I think Mayweather will beat Hatton either way though.I also think Mayweather has more fans than people give him credit for.
Diane
Floyd was too stiff, he was trying way too hard, and it had to be killing him to keep that smile on his face when the judges were giving him only scores of 6.

Floyd seemed like he consumed a shit load of chocolate before the show and became a hyper kid. His dancing reminded me of a Mike Myers character from SNL - Phillip The Hyper Hypo. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRKRcxDHCM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.