Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley steroids implication
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
rymal21
per si.com...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more...sley/index.html
Big Slim Sweet
Eh. Who cares.

At this point I don't even think you can really be a sports fan if you're overly concerned with steroids.

Legalize 'em all. Level the playing field. The users and the suppliers will always be a step ahead anyway.

That or watch poker.
rymal21
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 28 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]358928[/snapback]
Eh. Who cares.

At this point I don't even think you can really be a sports fan if you're overly concerned with steroids.

Legalize 'em all. Level the playing field. The users and the suppliers will always be a step ahead anyway.

That or watch poker.

I agree, I just hope that this doesn't at all jeopordize Nov. 10th in any way, shape, or form.
dj necrogenic
How are people shocked by this? Who didnt know Shane was juiced for his DLH fight, hell remember all the contraversy after the fight, then going into the fight with Winky you knew he was going to have to come in clean with all the attention on BALCO and his relationship. Then during the fight it was apparant, as Shane pitter-pattered and forced his punches, gassed extremely early, and then almost broke down in tears ready to quit in the early half of the fight.
singletrack
I remember Mosley being interviewed during the whole BALCO scandal and I remember thinking, based on his responses and body language, that he definitely did it. I still think he did. He was in a situation where the big money fights were in a weight class that was outside of what he could put on and efficiently carry naturally. So it seems reasonable that he took steroids and EPO to bridge the gap.
salvador
Vernon Forrest was interviewed on FNF a couple of years ago and was asked whether or not he thought Shane used steriods. His answer was basically disbelief that anyone would ask such a stupid question, seeing how obvious it was.
thehype
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 28 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]358928[/snapback]
Eh. Who cares.

That or watch poker.

Agreed.

What I find FAR more surprising is that with all this talk about Balco, Bonds, Mosley and steroids, you rarely ever hear any names of bodybuilders brought up. What's up with that? How come there isn't any investigation going on with professional bodybuilding? Seems to me like bodybuilders are where the investigation should start seeing as how they're probably the most common users. When are they going to start investigating Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman? When is Arnold Schwarzenegger going to address Congress about the steroid issues that have been poppin up recently?

dntknw.gif

Somebody should spend some time writing THAT story instead of worrying about a story that was already brought up forever ago.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 28 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]358946[/snapback]
Agreed.

What I find FAR more surprising is that with all this talk about Balco, Bonds, Mosley and steroids, you rarely ever hear any names of bodybuilders brought up. What's up with that? How come there isn't any investigation going on with professional bodybuilding? Seems to me like bodybuilders are where the investigation should start seeing as how they're probably the most common users. When are they going to start investigating Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman? When is Arnold Schwarzenegger going to address Congress about the steroid issues that have been poppin up recently?

dntknw.gif

Somebody should spend some time writing THAT story instead of worrying about a story that was already brought up forever ago.

Good point. Walk into any fitness center and I would guess atleast half the guys lifting weights take steroids or have already at one time. I have had memberships to three centers in my area over the last 16 years, and it is no big deal to get steroids to anyone. Heck, I have several friends that take them still, and though they are pretty big, they do not compete in any competitions. I guarantee you just about all bodybuilders juice. And for the record, I never have or even had a remote desire to.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I think Mosley did it I mean you could clearly see the difference from that Rematch with Oscar and that first fight with Winky, lets not also forget how winded he was in there with Winky. besides the fact, if he did it what can be done now? nothing he has fought how many times since? and I am sure he has cut it out since the Balco story surfaced.
Method
I think Mosley did it I mean you could clearly see the difference from that Rematch with Oscar and that first fight with Winky

The fact that Shane has come out and ADMITTED he did it, albeit unknowingly, should take all guessing out of the equation.
singletrack
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 28 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]358946[/snapback]
Agreed.

dntknw.gif

The playing field is level in pro bodybuilding - there is no testing. I also don't agree with legalizing them in "conventional" pro sports. We will see horrible results in boxing with everyone juiced up. However, I would already imagine that many boxers are on HGH - especially for its fat burning properties.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.