Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woods wins...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Clinton Woods retained his light heavyweight title with a unanimous decision over Julio Gonzalez in a pretty good fight. Woods deservedly took the decision in a bout which got progressively better as tiredness set in, especially from Gonzalez, who looked on the verge of being stopped late on.

Good performance from Woods all in all.
pastor method
i'm really glad woods has ended up having a solid career, he gained my respect big time in the roy jones fight. he's been defending that title mostly against tough guys too. good for him.
i guess a 4th fight with glen johnson is probably up next according to fightnews. should be another good one.
blackbelt2003
Woods is definitely one of the best in the world right now. He'd hold his own with anyone - Tarver, Dawson...maybe even B Hop.

Black
BigG
The Light-heavyweight division's got some good champions.

Let's just hope Tarver fights Dawson and gets his ass beat.

Congrats to Woods..he's come a long way since the Jones fight.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Maxy @ Sep 29 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]359009[/snapback]
Clinton Woods retained his light heavyweight title with a unanimous decision over Julio Gonzalez in a pretty good fight. Woods deservedly took the decision in a bout which got progressively better as tiredness set in, especially from Gonzalez, who looked on the verge of being stopped late on.

Good performance from Woods all in all.

I'm surprised these two guys "turned out" the way they did. I mean after they both got beaten very decisively by a "fraud" that is. dntknw.gif
hbpepboy

Round 1 - 2
Round 3 - 4
Round 5 - 6
Round 7 - 8
Round 9 - 10
Round 11 - 12

this was a great fight !! it was a lot closer than the scores that were announced. a few rounds could have gone either way and julio could have won this by decision. both fighers had some good exchanges, stood toe-to-toe throughout the fight, and gave a great performance. check out the final rounds. julio showed great heart making out of the 11th and finsihing the fight throwing punches.

score the fight and let me know how you scored it.
BrutalBodyShots
I've always said I'd take Woods over Jones II if they fought after Jones-Tarver II. Woods has gotten better and Jones has fallen off big time. I'd love to see Woods avenge that loss.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.