Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto vs. Estrada: (Taylor-Pavlik Undercard Fight)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This thread is for the televised undercard bout of Taylor-Pavlik. Berto vs. Estrada.

Keep all comments here. Spoilers may be below.

Jack

Administrator

The Original MrFactor
Going with Estrada to beat berto tonight. Estrada by SD or KO.
ghost13
Berto doing great body work
NickBarker
He still is getting hit too much, but he really laid some huge pops on Estrada.

I love watching his fights.
Lil-lightsout
Berto is an offensive machine, but his defense seems shaky at times. Maybe it is just me, but he reminds me of a miniature Bruce Seldon.
flazi
i was thinking of a miniature lacy.
thefloatingmonkey
QUOTE(flazi @ Sep 29 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]359166[/snapback]
i was thinking of a miniature lacy.

Naw not a minature lacy. Berto is quick and has a jab and can box. He makes a lot of mistakes, but he is getting better each fight.
flazi
not in style per se but in body and the way he throws his left hook and his lack of defense.
flazi
not in style per se but in body and the way he throws his left hook and his lack of defense.
Teedoe3
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Sep 29 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]359044[/snapback]
Going with Estrada to beat berto tonight. Estrada by SD or KO.

What do you think about the outcome of the fight since it didn't so as you thought?
Southeastpaw
Berto did impress me in this fight. I have been very critical of him thus far, but I am starting to warm to him. He did well in this fight. As said above, he does need to tighten that D a bit. But he has a sharp style and is very quick and compact. If he gets that D tightened up, he will be a top guy. But he still doesn't get past Williams. smile.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Berto has improved over his last few fights. Ive been hyped up over this prospect since his HBO debut last year on the Taylor-Ouma card. He's super fast, and has good boxing skills. He was in with a tough opponent who gave Cintron hell, and gave Mosley a decent fight. Berto came through strong, and gave his best performance. He boxed well, and wore down his opponent. I never expected him to be that dominant over Estrada, but he was. Id love to see him in with a contender like Josh Clottey in his next fight, and then see if he's ready for a title shot. 08 could be a very big year for Andre Berto.
Kyle
Teedoe3
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 1 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]359445[/snapback]
Berto did impress me in this fight. I have been very critical of him thus far, but I am starting to warm to him. He did well in this fight. As said above, he does need to tighten that D a bit. But he has a sharp style and is very quick and compact. If he gets that D tightened up, he will be a top guy. But he still doesn't get past Williams. smile.gif

Once the D is tight Berto will be able to take on any and everyone. Keep in mind, many people don't know that Williams declined being Berto's opponent for Sept 29th. He wanted more time with his belt. Lol! I don't blame him though. Berto is the future!
Fitz
What I did like about Berto is him sitting on his punches. He was punching with authority most of the night which uses up a lot of energy. Often you see fighters box, jab but not always putting everything into it. I found that Berto puts a lot in most of his punches and he kept it up for most of the fight. Like it was mentioned, his defense needs a little work and hopefully with some more experience it will come off for him. But I liked how he was able to keep it up for that long with the amount of effort he was putting into his shots.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Teedoe3 @ Oct 2 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]359500[/snapback]
Once the D is tight Berto will be able to take on any and everyone. Keep in mind, many people don't know that Williams declined being Berto's opponent for Sept 29th. He wanted more time with his belt. Lol! I don't blame him though. Berto is the future!

I had no idea that went down. What had Berto done to get a title shot at that point anyhow?

I would still like to see a link on this matter anyhow please.
singletrack
QUOTE(Teedoe3 @ Oct 2 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]359500[/snapback]

I had never heard that (about Williams declining the fight). I agree with your statement though, Berto needs to work on the D. His power and combos are incredibly impressive, but he can't get hit that much against the elite guys. They will make him pay.

I'd take Berto by KO over Williams.
Chi-Town
Am I the only one who thinks that Cotto-Berto would be a fight of the year candidate??
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Teedoe3 @ Oct 1 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]359351[/snapback]
What do you think about the outcome of the fight since it didn't so as you thought?

I think Berto takes way to many shots. I think Estrada should retire. It was a decent fight. great win for Berto. i fear that he wont be able to hang with elites until he buys some defense. Beating Estrada impressed me. Estrada is a tough guy, but a gatekeeper. I look forward to Berto moving up to fight a top 5 guy, like a Clottey, Collazo or Cintron.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 2 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]359538[/snapback]
I had never heard that (about Williams declining the fight). I agree with your statement though, Berto needs to work on the D. His power and combos are incredibly impressive, but he can't get hit that much against the elite guys. They will make him pay.

I'd take Berto by KO over Williams.

Thats a bold prediction. BErto has been dropped by a lesser guy. How woud Berto deal with Williams length and height advantages. Berto is even smaller than Margarito. And I'd say Williams is quicker or just as quick as Berto. I know Williams doesnt have great power, but I think he KOs Berto in 7 or 8 rounds.
singletrack
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 2 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]359556[/snapback]
Thats a bold prediction. BErto has been dropped by a lesser guy. How woud Berto deal with Williams length and height advantages. Berto is even smaller than Margarito. And I'd say Williams is quicker or just as quick as Berto. I know Williams doesnt have great power, but I think he KOs Berto in 7 or 8 rounds.

Taken into account in that prediction is that Berto will continue to improve between now and a fight with Williams. No doubt that if he has poor defense, his face will take a lot of abuse from Williams. As for the speed, it is VERY hard to judge anyone's speed with long arms IMO. So it is hard to say how Berto compares, but he looks quicker to me. I think Berto's chin is pretty decent though. He took some big shots from Estrada with no apparent ill affects.
singletrack
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Oct 2 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]359547[/snapback]
Am I the only one who thinks that Cotto-Berto would be a fight of the year candidate??

Berto's speed+power could spell trouble for Cotto. But Berto's poor defense could mean death for his liver. I would like to see it, but he honestly scares me as a Cotto fan.

...and no, I don't think Mosley is as powerful as Berto...he might not be any quicker either (Mosley 2007 ; ) ).

neophyte7
Emmanuel Clottey will SEND BERTO TO THE COUNTY morgue... Berto gets hit with everything. If Estrada had power his ass would have been in serious trouble. Clottey is huge... Berto takes a savage beating
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.