Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Navarette-Cotto II World Jr. Welterweight Title REMATCH Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
On Sunday October 7th 2007, is the biggest rematch title fight in the history of the Jr. Welterweight Division.

Undefeated Jr. Welterweight Champion & Former Lightweight World Champion & Current Top P4P Fighter Roland Navarette (18-0-0 5KOs) makes his 1st defense of the Jr. Welterweight Champion against the Former 2 Time Jr. Welterweight World Champion Miguel Cotto (13-3-0 7KOs)

In their first fight, Navarette won by a wide UD score of 119-111, 119-111, 119-111

Cotto on the other hand has a history of turning his defeats into dominating wins in rematches.

Roland Navarette Career Highlights :

W KO 1 Leon Washington - For the Lightweight Title
W UD 12, W UD 12 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - Defeated Previously unbeaten Mcpheerson in 2 Fights.
W UD 12 Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Solid win against the former Jr. Lightweight Champion
W UD 12 Miguel Cotto - For the Jr. Welterweight Title

-- ---------------------------------------

Miguel Cotto Career Highlights :

W KO 12 Sigmund Krabb
W KO 4 Zab "Super" Judah
W TKO 6 Carlos "El Apostle" Maussa - For the Jr. Welterweight Title
W UD 12 Luis Collazo
W UD 12 Malvador "Malvado" Manchez - Solid win against the former Lightweight Champion
L UD 12, W KO 10 "Sublime" Buddy Shine - Shine upset Cotto for the Jr. Welterweight Title, in the rematch Cotto got his revenge in dominating fashion.
L UD 12, W UD 12 Junior Do Prado - Prado upset Cotto by slim scores in their first fight which was then followed by a dominating revenge performance by Cotto in the rematch.
W KO 1 "Running Man" - For the Jr. Welterweight title over the 2 division Champ Running Man.

------------------------------------------

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE!
BigG
Destroying 2x champion Jabdiel Judah should be a highlight for Cotto. Give Jabdiel respect.

If Cotto can beat Navarette, He'll be the no. 1 P4P without a doubt.

I still think Navarette is going to put a beating on Cotto.

Cotto is on the downhill.

Cyrus will have no choice but to feed him to Zab in the future.
Maxy
Cotto is a good fighter, very good in fact but I just feel that Navarette is too smart. He's got that long unbeaten run because he's better than very good. His people must be mad that he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Seriously, at worst he should be P4P no.2.
NickBarker
Thank you, gents. At least one of my guys turns out okay. I should create a couple new guys and see how they do.
BigG
^Yeah...please do that. You had some pretty good fighters.
Maxy
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Oct 5 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]359931[/snapback]
Thank you, gents. At least one of my guys turns out okay. I should create a couple new guys and see how they do.

If you create someone who turns out half as good as Navarette then you've got yourself another champion.
BigG
Navarette schools Cotto again.

Cotto will now have a comeback fight vs. The Sewer Rat.

Nick, your boy is the man.

Who do you wanna fight.

Zab Judah seems to think your boy is a bitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.