Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Board Seminar (with The C.E.O.)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
Now...here's what I'd like y'all to do...I want you to ask me questions...I want these questions to be about any of the big fights coming up and/or the fighters involved...here and there, you can ask me questions not related to Boxing (not too much, or it might get moved to General or Smack Talk)....

I'm not doing this to argue or debate....I will simply give you MY answer or opinion....you can tell me my opinion stinks...you can say "who the fuck are you to be taking questions in the 1st place"...but I won't care...because you're wrong, and you're not a team player.

laugh.gif

Lets have some fun, guys....

You know me. You can't front on me.
The CEO
Check your PMs before you go after me, Fitz.
The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 30 2007, 11:14 PM) [snapback]359306[/snapback]
Haha, I wasn't going to go after you, lol.

Seeing Ricky Hatton beaten to a bloody pulp by Mayweather and carried off in a neck brace, or a night with Jessica Alba?

laugh.gif

Well that's a good, tough question for most male Boxing fans...but an easy one for myself...Hatton, neck brace.

I managed to land a decent share of what were considered "super hot" chics in my single years ( i.e. the dumb, fake, shells of women)...but I'm married and committed now, and it's noble to be loyal....especially to a deserving woman.
thehype
What fights would you make to bring excitement back to the heavyweight division?
Hodge
When is Oliver McCall going to get his chance to show why he should be the HW Champion? Serious. The guy is a on a monster streak and I would be hard pressed to figure out who could stop him.
Jack 1000
CEO,

Who do you think would win a Klitschko-Peter rematch and how do you see this fight playing out? Oh yea, and I also would like to respond to Hype's question that this is the best fight that could bring excitement back to the heavyweight division!

What do you think, CEO?

Jack
The CEO
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 1 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]359377[/snapback]
What fights would you make to bring excitement back to the heavyweight division?

Hmmm...as you know, this is a difficult task......I guess I would overmarket Valuev as some fearsome giant..and put him up against Wlad...

Povetkin vs. Vitali perhaps......

The evil, exploiting promoter side in me says to get Tyson back in there...as shot as he is now, he still draws attention...let's put him in there with Toney and see what happens...there's a chance the shit talking would get extreme if Tyson was to play along.

If Lennox would ever fight again...maybe have him take on Toney as well...

QUOTE(Hodge @ Oct 1 2007, 05:32 PM) [snapback]359401[/snapback]
When is Oliver McCall going to get his chance to show why he should be the HW Champion? Serious. The guy is a on a monster streak and I would be hard pressed to figure out who could stop him.

To be honest, I've forgotten about McCall since he broke down against Lewis that night....so I was unaware he was on such a streak...but if what you say is true...let's go ahead throw him in with Peter...McCall could crack and had an exemplary chin...

Peter to me is a good strong heavweight who can also punch and take big shots...and I get the feeling he's pretty unstable as well....could be an exciting fight for as long as it lasts...

QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 1 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]359406[/snapback]
CEO,

Who do you think would win a Klitschko-Peter rematch and how do you see this fight playing out? Oh yea, and I also would like to respond to Hype's question that this is the best fight that could bring excitement back to the heavyweight division!

What do you think, CEO?

Jack

Well, Jack...I see the same end result...Wladdy winning...but since Wlad is a pretty smart guy and does his homework, I don't see him touching the canvas this time....8 rounds to 4.
CyruS
C, there is a supposed "big fight" between Pacman and Barrera coming up so the question is, how many rounds of rape will Barrera take before his corner throws in the towel?
Lil-lightsout
Since JT just lost his belt, which big name champion is next to be dethroned?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Hodge @ Oct 1 2007, 05:32 PM) [snapback]359401[/snapback]

He might not get stopped by punches, but he may get stopped on TEARS.

Jack 1000
This is a fun thread!!!

Another question for CEO,

Why is Brutal Body Shots kicking everyone's ass with his trophy wins in the Arcade? laugh.gif

Jack

Jayhawkman
QUOTE(Hodge @ Oct 1 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]359401[/snapback]

Himself... probably on a stool in tears...

NM I should have read all the posts before replying to this... sorry
The CEO
QUOTE(CyruS @ Oct 1 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]359419[/snapback]
C, there is a supposed "big fight" between Pacman and Barrera coming up so the question is, how many rounds of rape will Barrera take before his corner throws in the towel?

It would take quite alot of punishment for Barrera's corner to throw it in...my opinion is that Barrera will box way more effectively than he did last time, and this fight will go the distance....if Barrera isn't the best he can be, a towel would be thrown in before the 11th round begins...

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Oct 1 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]359424[/snapback]
Since JT just lost his belt, which big name champion is next to be dethroned?

It might be Calzaghe...although he's not that big of a name...laugh.gif

QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 1 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]359434[/snapback]
This is a fun thread!!!

Another question for CEO,

Why is Brutal Body Shots kicking everyone's ass with his trophy wins in the Arcade? laugh.gif

Jack

Thank you.

thumbsup_anim.gif

BBS is kicking ass in The Arcade because it's very important to him that his name is next to the golden 1st Place Cup...he has spent many hours playing to achieve this....he built up such a lead that the majority of other players decided it's not worth the effort to geek out and go after him.
Mean Mister Mustard
C.E.O, what do you think about the theory of non-locality, which states that body A (Ricky Hatton) does not have to travel all the way to the U.S in order to get trashed by body B (Floyd Mayweather)?
Southeastpaw
You got any kids CEO? If not, do you plan to? And will you or have you gotten them into boxing?
The CEO
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 1 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]359447[/snapback]
C.E.O, what do you think about the theory of non-locality, which states that body A (Ricky Hatton) does not have to travel all the way to the U.S in order to get trashed by body B (Floyd Mayweather)?

I fully support The Rules of Boxing....which is one of the main reasons Hatton is at the top of my shit list...I call this theory a loophole...but I don't think this is the case here....besides...that would work BOTH ways.

Ofcourse, Hatton could have stayed in England...and fought standard opponents there his entire career...well...he essentially has done that except for Tszyu and Castillo....the resume padding bastard...anyway....everyone would know he was simply another Ottke. The Boxing World would know this, and HE would know this.

How can you be that person and look in the mirror? To me, money doesn't make up for your Soul.

I personally think this is more a case of Hatton being paid enough to finally man up and fight the best.

According to one of many Street or Man Theories, you're SUPPOSED to fight the recognized best on THEIR turf anyhow...
The CEO
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 1 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]359452[/snapback]
You got any kids CEO? If not, do you plan to? And will you or have you gotten them into boxing?

I have a 2 year old daughter...she was planned. We're not planning on having another at the moment, but I'm pretty sure we'll have at least one more..

She loves Boxing and MMA...a little too much I think...laugh.gif...she thinks it's like part of Life or something....she puts up her dukes and says, "Wanna fight?", and I say, "Nooo..I don't wanna fight you...I wanna love you...you don't fight family, and little ladies shouldn't fight unless they have to...."...

Regardless of her being tough and being into guys punching each other in the face, she's a very feminine little girl...and I want her to stay that way...she'll learn how to defend herself from me...all she NEEDS to know...

If we end up having a boy, and he likes watching fights...I don't see why not...I know ONE thing though...I will never pressure my children to take up a certain activity or sport....or be too hard on them if they're struggling at what they do....those parents that do that shit for the hope of a meal ticket disgust me...
BigG
C.E.O,

What do you think of a Judah/Hatton matchup at 147? Judah, to me, is like a Collazo with more power....you think he could give Hatton fits?
The CEO
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 1 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]359460[/snapback]
C.E.O,

What do you think of a Judah/Hatton matchup at 147? Judah, to me, is like a Collazo with more power....you think he could give Hatton fits?

Boy I hate Judahs...laugh.gif

This is a very interesting fight you're suggesting, but almost every Hatton matchup prediction is skewed due to Hatton's illegal style, and if he can get away with it....what he does is a real equalizer to most challengers.

Now I know Judah CAN be elusive and bang for HALF a fight...and Hatton doesn't hit as hard as Cotto...Judah put on a good showing against Cotto and showed some heart....but his body and chin would be tested again no question...

As much as I despise Hatton, I think he does have a better chin than Judah.

I guess it's almost a pick 'em in a FAIR fight...Judah could KO Hatton, Hatton could KO Judah...close decisions both ways....Judah's BEST bet would be to stay on his toes and box for a full 12 rounds...catch Hatton coming in with some power lefts...but unfortunately, I don't think he would follow that plan to the T...his discipline, emotions, and stamina really hinder him.
The CEO
Questions.

Ask them.
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 4 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]359711[/snapback]
Questions.

Ask them.

IF, in a shock of all shocks, Ricky Hatton beats Mayweather fairly laugh.gif , will you abolish the HHW?
Al Hata
CEO,

Who is your favorite fighter and why?

Thanks.
BigG
C.E.O...Guzman/Soto winner Valero are both possible opponents for Pacquiao in the future. Who would have the best chance to beat Pacquiao?
Southeastpaw
What if Barrera takes him out first?
The CEO
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 4 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]359737[/snapback]
IF, in a shock of all shocks, Ricky Hatton beats Mayweather fairly laugh.gif , will you abolish the HHW?

Yes. I would post a formal apology to all his fans, eliminate The HHW, and never speak on Ricky Hatton again.

BUT...I'm almost 100% sure I would find something dirty on Hatton's behalf if he were to win.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Al Hata @ Oct 4 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]359746[/snapback]
CEO,

Who is your favorite fighter and why?

Thanks.

Hi, Al.

Since I was a young boy, I never had an absolute favorite fighter. It's not in me to be another man's superfan. I did however respect and like some more than others....along with many I hated upon....

Here's a list of those who stood out above the rest in the the past to me: Hagler, Holmes, Ali, Arguello, Hearns, Benitez, Hopkins, Toney, Lewis, Mosley

Out of the current era, here's some I appreciate and/or root for: Cotto, Barrera, Pavlik, Wlad Klitschko, Vazquez, Mayweather Jr., Williams, Katsidis, Duddy

I'm sorry I'm not telling you exactly why each of these guys gained my favor...that would take forever...some are self explanatory though...
The CEO
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 4 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]359751[/snapback]
C.E.O...Guzman/Soto winner Valero are both possible opponents for Pacquiao in the future. Who would have the best chance to beat Pacquiao?

Guzman and Valero both COULD beat him....I'd give the edge to Guzman. Valero has issues.

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 4 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]359752[/snapback]
What if Barrera takes him out first?

That's what I'M talkin' about!

thumbsup_anim.gif
Jack 1000
CEO,

What is the first fight that you remember that REALLY got you interested in boxing? Mine was Pryor-Arguello I!

Jack
The CEO
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 4 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]359777[/snapback]
CEO,

What is the first fight that you remember that REALLY got you interested in boxing? Mine was Pryor-Arguello I!

Jack

That was one of the fights that SOLIDIFIED my love for it...meaning I was gonna be a Boxing fan for life.....live on regular TV, the huge crowd in Miami....watching it with my dad...just awesome...the definition of a War....

Watching Ali got me interested though...as a small child, I was constantly hearing he was "The Greatest" from the elders of my family....then I finally saw footage of his past fights and remember being glued to the TV screen, watching his every move, thinking something like, "They weren't joking. This guy is THE MAN!"....the first fight of his I saw live might have been the one versus Wepner.....

but wait...I'm getting visions of seeing him with the broken jaw against Norton...maybe it was the rematch with Norton I saw....I know I was interested at a very young age....lol...I can't remember exactly...my memory's more shot than Michael Nunn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.