Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mormeck defends against Haye Nov. 10th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
_iodine_
Does David Haye have a shot in this one? I haven't seen him fight and he doesn't have any recognizable names on his resume after only 20 professional outings with the exception of Carl Williams, whom he lost to. Mormeck, on the other hand, is a well-established and proven champion with many good names under his belt(s). Haye got a good write-up in Ring Magazine not too long ago which leads me to believe he could be a live dog in this bout, but like I said, I've never seen him fight.

Any thoughts?
Blayde
Well, Mormeck will pressure and fight on the inside. Haye will through bombs from the outside, especially straight right hands.

You cant like how Mormeck took straight right bombs from Bell. But Haye didnt look really good against Fragomeni who was pressuring him against the ropes but didnt have the power Mormeck has.

Im leaning towards Mormeck by decision but there is a pretty big chance of Haye knocking him out.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Oct 4 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]359742[/snapback]
Does David Haye have a shot in this one? I haven't seen him fight and he doesn't have any recognizable names on his resume after only 20 professional outings with the exception of Carl Williams, whom he lost to. Mormeck, on the other hand, is a well-established and proven champion with many good names under his belt(s). Haye got a good write-up in Ring Magazine not too long ago which leads me to believe he could be a live dog in this bout, but like I said, I've never seen him fight.

Any thoughts?

I'm not too familiar with Haye either. But there are some frequent posters on this board who believe he will beat Mormeck and have hyped him up a bit. He must be something special to see if they are picking him to beat Mormeck though, because you are right on about the names on his resume. It is not impressive.
_iodine_
QUOTE(Blayde @ Oct 4 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]359743[/snapback]
Well, Mormeck will pressure and fight on the inside. Haye will through bombs from the outside, especially straight right hands.

You cant like how Mormeck took straight right bombs from Bell. But Haye didnt look really good against Fragomeni who was pressuring him against the ropes but didnt have the power Mormeck has.

Im leaning towards Mormeck by decision but there is a pretty big chance of Haye knocking him out.

I just watched a clip of his fight with Fragomeni on youtube. Fragomeni was backing him up and landing some clean shots coming in. A Fragomeni with power would have given him some problems. Haye does, however, appear to have good ring generalship as he wasn't getting stuck on the ropes. It seems he's being painted up as a viable contender based on his amateur pedigree and punching power. I don't put much stock in amateur backgrounds but anybody with one-punch KO power, especially in the cruiserweight division, definitely has a good shot at an upset.
BigG
Haye can hurt Mormeck for sure IMO...but Mormeck is a bull. He's going to be working the body all night.

I'm leaning towards Mormeck by late TKO
gods son
Mormeck wil charge and get Hit hard and fall..i like hayes in this one!!!
Hayes is much more powerful than Bell...

Hayes best guard up though!

10th Nov--Good boxing night...hahah i feel sorry for your wifes!!!

l
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.