Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which boxers...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The CEO
I know this is a perennial topic...but I wanna know who hates who...

Here's 4 of mine....

Sugar Ray Leonard

Roy Jones Jr.

De La Hoya

Ricky Hatton

Feel free to give reasons if you like...I might later....

Lil-lightsout
Hatton- too many reasons
Calzaghe- fought too many softies
Trinidad- just never liked him
Tarver- overrated POS
Prince Naseem- obvious reasons
Erik Morales- big baby
Southeastpaw
Ruiz
Hatton
Spadafora
Hamed

I can't believe that lightsout named Tito and Morales, but that's the way he feels.

I know two names that will not be on anyone's list:
Holyfield & Mosley. If either of these guys show up on any list, you don't belong in the sport, should be beat with a kane, kicked in the nuts, T-bagged and banned.....FOR LIFE!
salvador
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 4 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]359770[/snapback]
I can't believe that lightsout named Tito and Morales, but that's the way he feels.
Holyfield & Mosley. If either of these guys show up on any list, you don't belong in the sport, should be beat with a kane, kicked in the nuts, T-bagged and banned.....FOR LIFE!

I can't believe MOST of the names on these lists. Outside of Spadafora, Ruiz, and Naz (who I actually like, as I admire virtually anyone under 130 pounds who can draw a crowd with their fists), I can't believe that any of these guys could actually be hated. I suppose it's like hating the Cowboys or the Yankees. But SRL in particular is shocking.

Hey CEO, do yourself a favor and rewatch SRL-Duran 1. If that fight doesn't make you a SRL fan, then nothing will.
Nay_Sayer
Klitschko [both of them]
Frietas
Casamayor

More later...
Jack 1000
Current Fighters:

Floyd Mayweather: Not disrespecting his fighting abilities, but personality wise, the guy is a prick. Who wouldn't want to see him KTFO?

Zab Judah: Another punk mentality fighter, but not as skilled as Mayweather whom I can't stand for the same reasons I can't stand Mayweather

Roy Jones: Too full of himself to be liked and purposely avoided big punchers to avoid the risk of getting hurt. He had great boxing SKILLS. But there were too many guys that he didn't fight that he should have fought. A "Most Money For Least Risk" mentality does not do enough to establish greatness when compared to THE GREAT boxers of the past.

Past Fighters:

Ray Leonard: Respected his accomplishments and all, but too much of a "Pretty Boy" for me. Hated his "gift draw" in the Hearns rematch, which Tommy should have won by 2-4 points because of the knockdowns. However, as a Leonard hater, I still think he beat Hagler 115-113 each time I watch that fight. Hagler IMO didn't do enough early on to win.

Fighters I Went From Liking to Hating:

Mike Tyson: For his KO instinct, speed and power for a heavyweight. For getting the general public interested in boxing in the mid to late 80's again. (The like part.)

Now the hate part:

For biting Holyfield and becoming a freak show attraction ever since that night. People than watched him to see more what crazy shit he was going to do, rather than someone who (for the most part before "The Bite") channeled his anger inside the ring and since "The Bite" he went from a good fighter to circus attraction.

Evander Holyfield: I used to like him too. But I hated him since he became conceited after Holyfield-Lewis I, the worst decision in a big fight in the history of boxing. Listening to his post-fight responses he acts like he WON! He also when he was on HBO said he would never get involved with Don King, than after beating Tyson the first time is kissing King's ass on Showtime. He DOES use his head as a weapon more than in the past. (At first I thought this was sour grapes from Tyson.) But research of post Tyson Holyfield opponents have complained about Hoyfield's head-butting. (You can see it in reviewing the fights.) He acts all "Holy" but look at all the illegitimate kids he has "fathered." I refer to him these days as "Holy Hypocrite!"

Now from an objective boxing analyst it's no longer an issue of like or hate for Holyfield. It must be a concern for his safety and because of this, he should retire.

Jack
Fitz
I don't know how someone can hate Morales. Anyways, 2 fighters that come to mind at the moment are:
-Tarver
-Mayweather
-Calazghe was starting to really annoy the shit out of me just before he took the Kessler fight.
BrutalBodyShots
I find it easy to hate fighters that are undefeated and act cocky as shit. Mayweather is a good example, or Jones of about 5 years ago (I don't view Griffen I as a real loss). Being undefeated is fine but I hate when it goes to a fighters head to the point where they actually disrespect their opponents. I like the attitude of Cotto, where while undefeated he still respects his opponents and is humble.

WolfishPromistah
Vivian Harris -- hype job/Carlos Maussa's bitch, of all people [shrugs]

Hassim Rachman -- stepped up to the biggest stage too often, with a lot of talk and let me down

William Joppy -- walked around grunting in interviews too often, with his chest out like it's gon' scare somebody

Angel Manfredy -- too many excuses (Dude, take yo' ass-kickins like a man!)

Sharmba Mitchell -- “Oooooh!, it hoiwtz!...it hoiwtz! [leg]” + (see Manfredy)

Zahir Raheem -- the original cable television rent-a-boxer fill in (Question: Has this dude even fought four times this decade?)

Marvis Frazier -- you should not have let your father beat you into thinking you could carry on the Frazier name successfully in the ring, thereby sending you out as a sacrificial lamb to the Iron-Man (Tyson)...“Embarrasskin!”

There are more, I'm sure, but these came to mind right now.
STEVENSKI
Fighters I hate with a passion.

Current

Mundine: He's arrogant for starters, was a average at best 5/8 in football yet thought he was the best ever. His comments about whitey (even though he is 1/2 white) & did I mention he was black?

PBF: He's a punk bitch that needs no further elaborating on as far as I am concerned.

All time

Ali: He's whole persona & blatant cheating is what makes me dislike him. I am a Frazier fan & the shit he pulled was nothing short of disgusting as well as the fact that he should have been DQ'd in the second Frazier fight for excessive holding. Anyone who thinks Jawny holds too much should watch that fight because that is 10 times worse than anything Jawny ever did.

Mike Tyson: I think I dislike him for being overrated more than his actions (barring the "ear bite" incident". He is actually a funny guiy who says some crazy stuff to promote fights & is almost childlike in his immaturity.

RJJ: The greatest fraud ever perpetuated on the boxing public IMO.

There is actually a lot of fighters I don't like but they are the main ones.
basicjab

One I hate more than any other is Roy Jone Jr, John Ruiz comes in at a distant second.
BigG
I don't haete much boxeres.

But I did hate Ruiz for a while....and now Hatton.

Calzaghe too.

De La Hoya.

Lennox Lewis.

Milk Dud
right now right now

Taylor- fought too many small guys and my have just proven to be nothing more than an HBO hype job

Ruiz- really became the model of being able to use holding as a defense. Wlad is now the new king of the grab and suckle defense

Tarver- nothing more than the man who knocked out an old Jones. Made his name off of that and nothing else.

Darchiyan- glad he got knocked the fuck out cocky ass piece of shit

Kijis Konar
John Ruiz- Dude fights like a drunk, horny, desperate homo looking for a dick to suck.
Hector Camacho Jr.- Bitch.
DLH- Takes credit for KOing fighters Tito already destroyed.
Rahman- He gets way too many chances and he blows them all. Still living off a lucky shot.
Raheem- Sloppy fighter.
Taylor- I had him losing the Hopkins rematch and against Winky and Spinks.
McCline- Huge man that fights like a little girl.

There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment.
STEVENSKI
I'm changing my descriptions as I cannot believe no one has fired up at my "because he is black remarks". What is wrong with you people is there no PC people left on this board?
Nobudius
Hate is a strong word, but......as people rather than fighters, the list can be long.

Out of the Fab 4, it seems as Hearns is the only one who seemed to be likeable.

I despise SRL as a person. Not a likeable man. Niether is Hagler-he is quite surly, & probably still feels underappreciated. Dooooran is a thug. Great fighters, but if you were in the company of them, it might not be all that pleasant.

Rubin Carter-yeah, I think so.

Sweet Pea was a difficult guy to like.

Carlos Monzon had some serious problems.

I'll agree with Jack regarding Holyfield-he is a friggin' hypocrite with too many things.

Jeff Fenech seems like an arsehole.

James Toney's lack of fitness really grates on me, as well as his homer fans calling him an all time great.

Speaking of a lack of fitness, Tua is up there as well. Way to work your arse off, guys. All that talent untapped.

I also view Chavez as a sore, sore loser. After the Randall bouts, I have never looked at him the same way again.

I actually pity Pretty Boy somewhat. He just wants to be loved, & tries sooo hard.

I don't necessarily hate Ibeabuchi, but I do HATE people that do the "what if" scenarios.

What about the opposite? Fighters that are difficult to hate, or to root against?

Matthew Saad Muhammad. Salvador Sanchez. Alexis Arguello, who was ALWAYS respectful to the opponent. Yaqui Lopez. Mickey Ward. Danny "Little Red" Lopez.

Or the fighters that you don't necessarily hate, but their fans are (or were, depending on what happened) absolutely unbearable?

Tito. Old Time bias. Pacman. Calzaghe. Tyson. Rocky Marciano. Ali. RJJ. The newer is better bias.
BigG
Great fighters, but if you were in the company of them, it might not be all that pleasant.

My father, grandfathe, 2 uncles had dinner with Hagler once and they said he was a REALLY REALLY nice guy. Down to earth.

According to him, Duran is the toughest guy he ever fougt
basicjab

I almost forgot, one person that I really disliked was Hector Camacho after he got old. He would call out all these people and once he fights them he would run like and fucking bitch and not offer any kind of offense, making fights unwatchable.
BigG
And how can you hate William Joppy? He is the man.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Oct 5 2007, 04:28 AM) [snapback]359835[/snapback]

Jeff is a arsehole. I have met him & he was a arrogant prick but it was funny when me & my mates booed & heckled one of the Hussein brothers. Jeff was kind enough to invite us drunks into teh ring & try it with him!
Fitz
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 5 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]359794[/snapback]
I find it easy to hate fighters that are undefeated and act cocky as shit. Mayweather is a good example, or Jones of about 5 years ago (I don't view Griffen I as a real loss). Being undefeated is fine but I hate when it goes to a fighters head to the point where they actually disrespect their opponents. I like the attitude of Cotto, where while undefeated he still respects his opponents and is humble.

Yeah, pretty much like me. I have said that I don't hate the guys and I don't hate them, but I find myself always rooting against fighters I deem extremely overrated like Margarito and Pavlik. I don't really hate these guys, I kind of more hate the kind of attention they seem to get and I tend to always root against them.

QUOTE(Nobudius @ Oct 5 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]359835[/snapback]

He is an idiot and one of the biggest babies I have seen. He was caught stealing watches, and what for? He really wants to try be that bad guy, even though he doesn't have to steal. His house was shot at by a Lebo gang I believe, which is just signs that he is a dodgy prick. He is a shit trainer and cries because he has sore hands.
The CEO
laugh.gif

Some real funny comments and reasons from you guys...

I'll go into a little more detail....

Roy Jones Jr. - All that shit he talked makes Mayweather look humble....those fucking chicken steps and corny dances in the ring....not courageous...."tender chinned and pussy hearted".

DLH - The casual fan's hero....the fighter women like because he's "cute"...fake...opportunist...more about money than glory...overrated loser of big fights.

Hatton - You already know.

QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 4 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]359776[/snapback]
I can't believe that any of these guys could actually be hated. I suppose it's like hating the Cowboys or the Yankees. But SRL in particular is shocking.

Hey CEO, do yourself a favor and rewatch SRL-Duran 1. If that fight doesn't make you a SRL fan, then nothing will.

I might watch that again because it's been a few years....but my opinion of him will never change...MANY old school fans hate SRL...force fed to fans ad nauseum...wrote the blueprint on how to be a fake opportunist...bullshit flurries to steal rounds...
buford54
Roy, Floyd...pretty much the same as everyone else.
Particularly Roy because he talked so much crap, and then never, ever took a challenge.
Floyd takes challenging fights, but talks it up about how he will knock the other guy out, etc, then fights safety first and takes no risks.
Roy would fight guys w/ no chance of doing anything, and then would do stupid crap like put his hands behind his back...but there was little risk because of who he was in the ring with.

Floyd gets in the ring with difficult guys, but then takes no risks at all, and fights the most boring fight possible...after having talked about knockouts and anger and how he is going to punish the other guy.

Even though I can't stand these guys though, I don't let myself get emotionally involved in their antics, because thats why they talk so much in the first place. Floyd knows that a lot of people will pay for his fights in teh hopes that he gets knocked out. 10,000 Englishmen are flying over from England hoping he will get laid out. So, I can't get involved in teh "hate..." I just really don't like him.
Nobudius
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 4 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]359836[/snapback]
My father, grandfathe, 2 uncles had dinner with Hagler once and they said he was a REALLY REALLY nice guy. Down to earth.

According to him, Duran is the toughest guy he ever fougt

I've seen Marvin at the BHOF, & he is always one of the more popular attractions. He's quite fan friendly-but he still seems to have the complex of not getting due respect. He may always have that due to the way his career went about, although to his massive credit, he HAS stayed retired.

That's discipline.
singletrack
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 4 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]359804[/snapback]

LOL. Ok, you don't have to like the guy, but to say he was a fraud makes you sound foolish. At the very least, he has to be given credit for beating Toney, Hopkins, and Ruiz. At the VERY least...let's not talk about how many belts he took and how he was universally recognized as the best p4p fighter in the world. He WILL BE in the boxing hall of fame, so I guess the fraud will continue forever.
singletrack
QUOTE(buford54 @ Oct 5 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]359862[/snapback]
Particularly Roy because he talked so much crap, and then never, ever took a challenge.
Floyd takes challenging fights, but talks it up about how he will knock the other guy out, etc, then fights safety first and takes no risks.
Roy would fight guys w/ no chance of doing anything, and then would do stupid crap like put his hands behind his back...but there was little risk because of who he was in the ring with.

WTF are you talking about? So your position is that Roy never fought anyone good?
singletrack
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 5 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]359859[/snapback]
Roy Jones Jr. - All that shit he talked makes Mayweather look humble....those fucking chicken steps and corny dances in the ring....not courageous...."tender chinned and pussy hearted".

Here's the difference - RJJ actually knows how to talk shit; Mayweather sounds like a fucking 13 year old when he is trying to insult someone. If Roy were such a pussy, he wouldn't still be fighting today. Roy obviously has issues. But that is what happens when your dad beats the shit out of you when you miss any detail and you fall from being the best fighter in the world to being ridiculed on web boards for getting knocked out by gumby and some journeyman with a crapload of loses.

I'd like to know where you get off saying Roy had no heart when he was doing "chicken steps and corny dances". Mental problems after getting crushed twice yes, but no heart - I don't think so. The guy just isn't the same. "Tender chinned" isn't an insult either because there isn't a whole hell of a lot anyone can do about their ability to take a punch. If anything that is a compliment. He managed to win how many belts in how many divisions without taking a serious blow? That shows how incredibly gifted he actually was.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 5 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]359873[/snapback]
Here's the difference - RJJ actually knows how to talk shit; Mayweather sounds like a fucking 13 year old when he is trying to insult someone. If Roy were such a pussy, he wouldn't still be fighting today. Roy obviously has issues. But that is what happens when your dad beats the shit out of you when you miss any detail and you fall from being the best fighter in the world to being ridiculed on web boards for getting knocked out by gumby and some journeyman with a crapload of loses.

I'd like to know where you get off saying Roy had no heart when he was doing "chicken steps and corny dances". Mental problems after getting crushed twice yes, but no heart - I don't think so. The guy just isn't the same. "Tender chinned" isn't an insult either because there isn't a whole hell of a lot anyone can do about their ability to take a punch. If anything that is a compliment. He managed to win how many belts in how many divisions without taking a serious blow? That shows how incredibly gifted he actually was.

A plus for Roy was that he did at least sound intelligent when he worked for HBO as a commentator. After he lost fights, he became more humble, and had good knowledge about the history of the game. For Mayweather, all he knows is trash and smack talk. There is no intellect to what he says outside the ring. As a consequence, Floyd's act got old very quickly.

Jack
singletrack
Antonio Tarver - Because he makes annoying faces in pictures and he actually thinks he is one of the greatest fighters ever. More importantly, when Bernard beat his ass, he had to speculate on being poisoned. That is the height of being a pussy.

PBF - Because he is full of shit. Saying he was going to retire after DLH and then just scheduling a fight like he never said that is hilarious. On a personal level, he is obviously incredibly insecure, and it is really apparent in his "trash talking". How about crying after knocking out a washed up Gatti? - hilarious, transparent, bwahahaha. He tried to fight Cotto before Cotto was ready for him and then talked trash on Cotto and Arum because they didn't want to make the fight. He wanted to fight him before he was ready because he knew he was going to be a monster now. Good thing Arum isn't a retard. He talks trash like a teenager. There are just so many things to not like about the guy, I find it hard to believe that he has any fans. I mean I respect the guy greatly for his amazing ability and dedication to the sport, but he just isn't like-able for me.

Ruiz - Because he and his corner are a bunch of crybabies and he has the worst style I've ever seen. I love how they cried after Jones kicked his ass and after Toney humiliated him. It's always the ref or something else. Except your limitations John - you are fucking boring and people don't like you. Please go back into retirement.

..that's all that comes to mind at the moment. I hate Hatton's style of fighting, but I don't actually hate him - seems like a good guy.
singletrack
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 5 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]359874[/snapback]
A plus for Roy was that he did at least sound intelligent when he worked for HBO as a commentator. After he lost fights, he became more humble, and had good knowledge about the history of the game. For Mayweather, all he knows is trash and smack talk. There is no intellect to what he says outside the ring. As a consequence, Floyd's act got old very quickly.

Jack

I loved Roy as a commentator as well. I was disappointed when they kicked him off the team.
PR316
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 5 2007, 02:34 AM) [snapback]359804[/snapback]

Its one thing to not like a fighter, but to call Roy Jones Jr a fraud tells me you have no clue about boxing.
singletrack
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 5 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]359885[/snapback]
What do you call in the second half of the fight of Tarver III when Jones pussed out and was content to just go the distance and not attempt to grind out a win? People would have had more respect for him if he got knocked out 'trying' to win.
Good boxer, but in his first real test when he had to dig deep for once in his career, he punked out IMO. It showed a lot about him when things got tough. It's one thing when your dominating, but this is what puts him apart from some of those all time greats, he could not dig deep.

I call that mental problems - he was terrified of getting knocked out again and once Tarver hit him with some good shots he froze up and just focused on not getting knocked out. He should never have been allowed to come back so quickly against Johnson. I don't think there is anyway to compare Jones prior to the 2 KOs to Jones after them.

I felt the same way as you after the Tarver III fight, but I felt more sorry for him than dissapointed in him. At that point, he had obviously lost his way. But to totally discredit his accomplishments and question his heart because of his performance after two devastating knockouts isn't fair. Not many fighters have gone through something like that.
The CEO
singletrack...I'm sorry alot of people hate Roy Jones....but we're not hating on YOU...so why do you care so much?....you're being too sensitive about people hating an athlete you like, bro...

If someone said they hated Larry Holmes and called him a pussy, do you think I would get mad and try to defend him...HELL naw...I know what I think of him, and it doesn't matter what others think....

I should have known this shit was bound to happen in a topic like this...but I was hopeful.....laugh.gif

Anyway....hate on, haters.
singletrack
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 5 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]359888[/snapback]
singletrack...I'm sorry alot of people hate Roy Jones....but we're not hating on YOU...so why do you care so much?....you're being too sensitive about people hating an athlete you like, bro...

If someone said they hated Larry Holmes and called him a pussy, do you think I would get mad and try to defend him...HELL naw...I know what I think of him, and it doesn't matter what others think....

I should have known this shit was bound to happen in a topic like this...but I was hopeful.....laugh.gif

Anyway....hate on, haters.

I'm not mad bro, just talking : )
iron_mike
Floyd, Leonard, Hatton, Lewis, Hopkins, Vargas
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 5 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]359871[/snapback]
LOL. Ok, you don't have to like the guy, but to say he was a fraud makes you sound foolish.

Jones' reign @ Lt. Heavy was a case of racketeering. Fraudulent in the first order...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 4 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]359770[/snapback]
Ruiz
Hatton
Spadafora
Hamed

Hate is definately a strong word, I would more like say I disliked Tito because of him beating Oba Carr,Whitaker, and Vargas. And Morales after he KO'd Junior Jones, who was one of my favorite fighters at the time. Man was I pissed after that fight! Morales always seemed to get under my skin.
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 5 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]359885[/snapback]
What do you call in the second half of the fight of Tarver III when Jones pussed out and was content to just go the distance and not attempt to grind out a win? People would have had more respect for him if he got knocked out 'trying' to win.
Good boxer, but in his first real test when he had to dig deep for once in his career, he punked out IMO. It showed a lot about him when things got tough. It's one thing when your dominating, but this is what puts him apart from some of those all time greats, he could not dig deep.

Exactly right.

I would get more specific and say that the final two rounds of the third Tarver fight were the defining moments of his career. I give him a pass on rounds 7-10 because he was a natural counterpuncher and it's very possible that waiting for the perfect counter shot was his best strategy. But after 10 rounds, his status as a warrior demanded that he go for broke. EVERY OTHER ALL TIME GREAT WOULD HAVE.

And in the bottom of my heart I sincerely believe that the only reason Roy is still fighting today is to make up for that one lapse. I'd be willing to bet all the tea in China that if he could go back in time and just go down swinging like a champion, he'd do it and then he'd have peace. But more than anyone else on the planet, Roy, who talks incessantly about how his chickens fight to the death, knows that he has to prove himself before he retires. Let's hope he does it (win or lose) against Tito.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Oct 5 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]359896[/snapback]
Hate is definately a strong word, I would more like say I disliked Tito because of him beating Oba Carr,Whitaker, and Vargas. And Morales after he KO'd Junior Jones, who was one of my favorite fighters at the time. Man was I pissed after that fight! Morales always seemed to get under my skin.

I hear what you are saying. Hate is a strong word. I don't really hate these fighters, but I dislike them to the highest degree. LOL

Sometimes I think Fitz and STEVINSKI are the same person. lol. Roy was not a fraud. Believing if he had heart is an opinion it seems, but to call the man a fraud is silly Totally foolish actually. Name a fighter that has accomplished as much as Roy has. And IF you can, is that man a fraud as well. Point is, is there is no way a "fraud" could possibly do what Roy has done. It's funny cause you can see alot about how someone rationalizes when faced with hate. Some of you have failed and are unable to think rationally. lol. Comon guys.
kidbazooka1
Mayweather
Malignaggi
Hamed
Al Hata

You know Al Hata gotta post something on this thread.

- Ruiz

- Lennox Lewis

- Ricky Hatton

- Margarito fans

- De la Hoya

and how in the world can you hate on Roy Jones Jr? You say he fought nobody, he just made them look like nobody!
Maxy
Both Klitschko's with a passion that borders on the insane.

Antonio Tarver. Who don't?

Floyd Mayweather....yeah he's brilliant but he's also a complete prick.
singletrack
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Oct 5 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]359894[/snapback]
Jones' reign @ Lt. Heavy was a case of racketeering. Fraudulent in the first order...

Based on?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 5 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]359917[/snapback]
Based on?

Based on the way his alphabet titles were handed to him on a silver platter...
Maxy
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Oct 5 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]359918[/snapback]

He was undeniably a great fighter at his best.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 5 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]359899[/snapback]
I hear what you are saying. Hate is a strong word. I don't really hate these fighters, but I dislike them to the highest degree. LOL

Sometimes I think Fitz and STEVINSKI are the same person. lol. Roy was not a fraud. Believing if he had heart is an opinion it seems, but to call the man a fraud is silly Totally foolish actually. Name a fighter that has accomplished as much as Roy has. And IF you can, is that man a fraud as well. Point is, is there is no way a "fraud" could possibly do what Roy has done. It's funny cause you can see alot about how someone rationalizes when faced with hate. Some of you have failed and are unable to think rationally. lol. Comon guys.

Here is a list of champions or former champions that Roy has beat. Hopkins, Toney, Lucas, McCallum, Griffin, Hill, Del Valle, R. Johnson, Woods, Ruiz, Tarver, Gonzalez, and Pazienza. How many champs have this kind of resume? He is an arrogant man, but he is the furthest thing from a fraud. He was also the "true" Olympic gold medalist. IMO he was easily the best fighter of the 90's. It is easy to hate on Jones, but it is silly to call him a fraud.
singletrack
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Oct 5 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]359918[/snapback]

Yah you sure are right (as usual), he didn't beat anyone at light heavy. I don't even know why I asked.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Oct 5 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]359918[/snapback]

laugh.gif It is not his fault he was so much superior to his opponents. Who else was this man supposed to fight? He dominated everyone he ever fought, except Griffin gave him a tough time in there first fight, until late in his career he really started to slip. In his prime he was untouchable.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 5 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]359919[/snapback]
He was undeniably a great fighter at his best.

No doubt but, except for Virgil Hill, Jones didn't fight anybody @ Lt. Heavy. And please, don't say Tarver. The Milk Dud is a nobody...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Oct 5 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]359922[/snapback]
Who else was this man supposed to fight?

Dariusz M. A victory over DM would have legitimized his claim as the Lt. Heavy champ. He didn't so Roy's reign @ 175 is a racketeering case...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.