Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VERSUS card tonight: Montiel vs. Melendez (8-10 CST)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
T-MONEY
Anyone watching the fights tonight? Fernando Montiel vs.
Luis Melendez
Jack 1000
QUOTE(T-MONEY @ Oct 4 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]359771[/snapback]
Anyone watching the fights tonight? Fernando Montiel vs.
Luis Melendez

I am recording the card for later.

Jack
Southeastpaw
Melendez is a tough guy. He caught Montiel a couple times there in the second. Montiel is leaving himself open too much.
JD
LOL...

Montiel is getting worked.
Southeastpaw
WOW!!!!! Montiel got wobbled good in the 3rd. Melendez is takin it to him here in the 3rd. Huge round for the challenger.
Southeastpaw
where's biggeorge? ha
JD
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 4 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]359792[/snapback]
where's biggeorge? ha

I think we are the only two watching...

Yankees down 12-3...this is a no-brainer.
Southeastpaw
Looka like Melendez took a vacation in the 4th. WTF was up with that. He did nothing.
stateofthegame
I am sort of watching it. I am recording it though.
JD
Montiel is now doing the working.
JD
LOL...

Montiel is now getting worked.
Southeastpaw
What a fuckin fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melendez down in the sixth, then Montiel down badly in the 7th.
Southeastpaw
Not bad for a Versus fight huh fellas?
JD
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 4 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]359803[/snapback]
Not bad for a Versus fight huh fellas?

Versus has had some pretty good fights...

From what I read, Collazo - Clottey will be on Versus.
Southeastpaw
This shit is mirroring Vasquez/Marquez to an extent.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(JD @ Oct 4 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]359805[/snapback]
Versus has had some pretty good fights...

From what I read, Collazo - Clottey will be on Versus.

Nice.

Montiel is the quicker and has the better combos. But he is leaving himself open. Melendez is a bit more wild, but determined and his shots have more power behind them. I'm hopin for the upset.
BigG
VIVA MONTIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Southeastpaw
Great fight. Montiel showed why he is a champ. He really came on in the latter part of the fight. The stoppage was good. Kudos Mantiel. Bring on Mijares.
Bazooka Limon
I still want Montiel to fight Castillo.
T-MONEY
damn good fight!
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 4 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]359808[/snapback]
VIVA MONTIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

How you gunna come on here right when it ends?????? You were hidin out till it was safe weren't you biggeorge? unsure.gif LOL

Good win though and a great scrap. Your boy got up off the canvas and pulled out that TKO in the 12th. I'm gunna keep my eye on Melendez now.
BigG
LOL....just saw this thread a few minutes ago......Montiel is my favorite little guy right now (together with Gerry Penalosa). His skills are P4P. This fight was pretty one-sided but Melendez did give me a big scare in round 7. I've never seen Montiel dropped that hard and hurt that bad. Overall it was a great fight.

He is to me what Paul Williams is to you.

I think he would whoop everyone around his weight class just like you think Williams would whoop everyone.

Bring on Arce-Montiel.

Montiel would stop him.
Southeastpaw
Yes, Montiel is impressive. He got some monster combos. But he was getting caught with some dumb stuff tonight. He was pulling straight back and was paying for it. Other than that, Fernando showed a big heart, as did Melendez, and he also showed some damn good ring generalship. IMontiel does some serious shit with that left hand. Awesome fight for VS.
kidbazooka1
Damn this was a good fight that combo that Montiel put together in the 6th rd was a beauty. Melendez is no joke though he had good power and was strong but Montiel skill and speed gave him the advantage.
BigG
Kidbazooka, Montiel would whoop your boy Nonito Donaire
kidbazooka1
I agree George Montiel is on another level I think he'll outbox Nonito but I still think he'll give a good fight.
BigG
I would like to see Montiel in some big fights.

Gerry Penalosa, Jorge Arce, Cristian Mijares...
Jack 1000
WHAT A FIGHT!!!!

I had it MUCH closer at 6-5 Melendez but with them swapping kd's it was probably a draw. There were no losers in this fight and this may be the best "little cable" fight I have seen in years. I saved it on my DVR! This is one that I will eventually get on DVD! A thrill to watch!

Jack
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 5 2007, 02:48 AM) [snapback]359842[/snapback]
I would like to see Montiel in some big fights.

Gerry Penalosa, Jorge Arce, Cristian Mijares...

I see Montiel beating Gerry and Arce, Mijares would pose some big problem for Fernando though IMO.

I think N Donaire has a good chance at Montiel though. I'd also love to see Montiel fight Darchinian as well.
BigG
IMO Montiel and Cotto are the best body punchers in boxing.

Montiel is a COMPLETE fighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.