Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao 130, Barrera 130
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Waiting on pictures...
JD

Needless to say...BOTH of these dudes are in shape and ready to go.
BigG
Manny is going to destory him...
Snoop
Bernard and Bob sure do look chummy in that third picture.
BrutalBodyShots
Nice job coming through with the pictures as always JD.

Both guys look exactly how I would expect them to, no surprises for either.

salvador
Manny's starting to look an awful lot like Bruce Lee.

Don Flamenco
Lolita sure looks alot different with clothes on... errr, wait. Did I just say that?
X3_Bazooka_X3
Barrera is a vet, if there is any fighter that can pull something out of the hat Barrera is the man, but the question is did he already pull it out of the hat in his third fight with Morales, is there anything left? The marquez fight showed that Barrera can still box, But he still didnt win that fight.
Marquez is a much slower fighter does not put the pressure the way Pacquiao does, However as much as I favor Manny to beat Barrera easily, I have a feeling Barrera is going to spoil the party tomorrow I am stuck as to who I want to see win here.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 5 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]359970[/snapback]

I've actually always thought that. Just thought i would sound racist if I said it.
Mean Mister Mustard
This is a significant fight because of who the 2 boxers are, but I am not going to see this fight. Even though it's being publicized I just have no interest in it. The only way Barrera would have a shot would be if he did what Hopkins did in the Wright fight. Which is to box, then jump in with a right hand, hold, pound away on the inside and back out again. But Barrera, who can be dirty when things don't go his way, is not sneaky dirty like Hopkins is. He is also not as crafty defensively as Bernard.

The defense aspect is what impedes MAB from winning this. Watch his fight with Paquiao and his whole defense was to run. When he got trapped all he would do is stand there and cover up, letting a human punching machine pound him. No head movement, no slick moves. And when he is going to get tired it will happen even more so.
Snoop
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 6 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]359970[/snapback]

Are you talking about his body type or actual face? I would agree with the first one but not the second.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 5 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]359970[/snapback]

Starting????? Not only does he look like him, but he has been mimicking him since birth. I found some footage of Manny when he was very little. Kid was born to fight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iasgZ5uFLGE
torvix2000
I smell an upset here!!!

Look at Pac's face. It was the first time I've seen him... well... with empty cheeks. Plus the rumours that he had some extra workouts to make 130!!! Even wearing a thermal jacket to sweat it out.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Oct 5 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]359985[/snapback]
I smell an upset here!!!

Look at Pac's face. It was the first time I've seen him... well... with empty cheeks. Plus the rumours that he had some extra workouts to make 130!!! Even wearing a thermal jacket to sweat it out.

Rumours from where?

EMPTY CHEEKS! PAC'S DONE FOR! LMAO.

imperial
MAB NY TKO !!

WAR BARRERA !
kidbazooka1
Barrera's last hurrah was his 3rd fight agianst Morales it doesn't matter how well he looks his best days are behind him.
salvador
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Oct 5 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]359979[/snapback]
I've actually always thought that. Just thought i would sound racist if I said it.

For the record, I actually spent a year teaching English in Taipei, and no, I don't think all Asians look alike.

Snoop, I was referring to his body, but his atitude and the fact that he's a fighter that fights the way he does makes it impossible not to transpose every possible facial feature of Bruce's onto Manny. It's just natural.
basicjab
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 6 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]359970[/snapback]

LMAO, yes he does. I know there are lots of MAB fans but I hope that Manny will kick the dog shit out of MAB again. lol
Snoop
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 6 2007, 05:24 AM) [snapback]360005[/snapback]
For the record, I actually spent a year teaching English in Taipei, and no, I don't think all Asians look alike.

Really? Do you have a black friend too? I'm not saying you do think all Asians look alike but because you've been to Taiwan doesn't prove anything.

They don't look all the same, but it's hard to describe them, lol.

Maybe for you, otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.
torvix2000
Can you distinguish one monkey from another if you're not a monkey? Hahaha!

How about determining which bird is more attractive to female birds?

To me, all parrots look the same.
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 7 2007, 02:30 AM) [snapback]360098[/snapback]
I know your asian, so not trying to offend you and hope you didn't. I love asian people, but I find that they have such similar characteristics. They are usually a small build, black hair. They don't have as many physical variables as western people IMO. I don't think they look all the same, but there is less features to use to give them a description IMO, if that makes sense. Hope you didn't find it offensive man.

Nah bro, I kinda understand what you mean. I'm just saying it's not like that for everyone. For instance, I can't really distinguish Australian and British accents, but it's probably because I haven't been around them enough. I know it's very easy for other people so I wouldn't say "that's the way it is" based off my experience.

In the end, all good man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.