Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs. Barrera II: Round by Round/Postfight Discussion
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
This thread is for on going round by round discussions and post fight reactions to the Pacquiao-Barrera rematch.

PRELIMIS BEGIN AT 8:00 PM CST ON HBO PPV

Keep all comments about the fight in this thread. USERS WHO ARE RECORDING THE FIGHT TO WATCH LATER MAY FIND SPOILERS BELOW.

Jack

Administrator
The CEO
There's nothing like a silence in The Philipines.

Come onnnn, Barrera. You can do it.
AussieLad
I want pacman to win and either fight valero or step up and fight katsidis
thehype
PREFIGHT
Loud chants of "MANNY, MANNY, MANNY" before either fighter enters the arena. Barrera looks focused during the singing of the national anthems while Pacquiao is all smiles. Unofficial weights for tonight: Pacquiao 144 and Barrera 138.
thehype
PREFIGHT
Loud chants of "MANNY, MANNY, MANNY" before either fighter enters the arena. Barrera looks focused during the singing of the national anthems while Pacquiao is all smiles. Unofficial weights for tonight: Pacquiao 144 and Barrera 138. Barrera makes his way to the ring first...a calm and slow walk as he pumps his fist to fans in attendance. He's got somewhat of unsure look on his face when he steps into the ring...perhaps just taking it all in one last time. Pacquiao enters next with a serious look on his face, but he can't hold back the smiles as he jogs to the ring. More chants of "MANNY, MANNY, MANNY!" Michael Buffer gives the ring announcements. "FOR THE THOUSANDS IN ATTENDANCE AND THE MILLIONS WATCHING AROUND THE WORLD...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE!"
The CEO
I hate that it's a Pro Pac crowd.
thehype
ROUND 1
There's the bell. Barrera comes out working the jab. Pac looks patient. Barrera unleashes a right hook that partially blocked. Pac still being patient and fires a jab. Pac lands a right tothe body. Barrera lands a left to the body. Pac seems focused on the body as well. Barrera lands his jab. Now Pac lands his jab. Barrera lannds a striaght right. Now Pac lands a lead straight left. Cautious round by both fighters. Barrera lands a left hook to the body. Quick 1-2 lands for Pac. Pac pressing hte action now. Right hand over the otp lands for Pac. Another 1-2 lands for Pac. Very close round. Very close round. I give it to Pac for landing the more telling shots.

Pacquiao 10 Barrera 9

ROUND 2
Barrera back to working the jab. Pac lands a 1-2. Barrera lands a left to the body. Pac alnds a 1-2. Pac stalking while Barrera continues to circle and jab. Pac touches Barrera with his jab. Straight left lands for Pac. HARD left hand lands for Pac but Barrera answer with one of his own. Pac landing the striaght left again. Pac lands a left of his own. Now Barrera lands three right hands over the top. Barrera continues to circle and fire the jab. Pac just misses with a big right hand, but hte crowd seemed to like it. Round to Pac, but Barrera is starting to box nicely.

Pacquiao 20 Barrera 18
The CEO
ODELAY!

ARRRRIIIIBA LA RAAAAAZAAAA!!
thehype
ROUND 3
Pacquioa pressing the action as he backs Barrera up to the ropes and lets his hands go. Barrera circles off the ropes. Pac continues to stalk as Barreralooks tentative. Pac lands a nice left hand. Woooo...nice overhand right from Barrera lands and backs Pac up. Striaght left lands for Pac. Barrera working the jab. Pac talking a little smack to Barrera as they clinch. Pac lands a right hand over the top. Barrera backs up and eats a jab from Pacquioa. Now Barrera lands a jab. Round to Pac.

Pacquioa 30 Barrera 27
The CEO
I know it's not "ODELAY" btw....

I'm just drunk and fuckin' with my Hispanic brothas.

drinks.gif

thehype
ROUND 4
Barrera just out of reach with his jab. Pac trying to cut the ring off. Pac lands a right to the body. 1-2 lands for Pac and Barrera ties him up. Straight left lands for Pac. Left tothe body lands for Pac. Barrera looking alittle confused with Pac's movement now. Pac lands a right and Barrera gets angry and starts letting his hands go. Barrera lans a right. They trade body shots. Striaght left lands for Pac. Pac lands a right over the top. Barrera covers up. Hard left hook from Pac gets Barrera's attention. Barrera just isn't active enough. Round to Pac.

Pacquiao 40 Barrera 36
The CEO
Fuck, Barrera...you can't win being tentative...and can't win going to war...box like you did against BUMed.
gods son
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 6 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]360142[/snapback]
Fuck, Barrera...you can't win being tentative...and can't win going to war...box like you did against BUMed.

Agree!!!!!!
thehype
ROUND 5
Pacquioa pressing forwar behind the jab. Barrera retreats. Left hand lands for Pac. Barrera holds on. HARD right hand to the body lands for Pac. Barrera lands a left to the body and an uppercut. Pac answers with a 1-2. Nice left hook by Barrera has Pac shaking his head. Jab lands for Barrera. HARD right corss lands for Pac. Barrera fights back and they ttrade along hte ropes. Barrera catches Pac with a right hand and a left. Pac fires back, but Barrera got the better of him. Nice right hand lands for Barrera. HARD left by Pac lands...and another. Now Barrera fires back, but Pac lands a big right and a left. Barrera fires back to end the round. Now the fight's heating up. Round to Pacquiao who continues to outwork Barrera, but Barrera had a much better round.

Pacquiao 50 Barrera 45
thehype
ROUND 6
Barrera back to working the jab. Pac backs him to a corner and lands some hard punches. Barrera works his way out. Left ot the body lands for Barrera. A hard right hand to the body lands for Barrera. Nice right lands for Barrera, but Pac fires back with a big lfeft of his own. Pac lets his hands go and lands an ice three-punch combo. Round to Pacquioa.

Pacquioa 60 Barrera 54
dbdbdb
Guys ........... Thanks for the updates {Some of us are at work and can't watch}
thehype
ROUND 7
Hard right hand to the body lands for Barrera. Pac lands a straight left upstairs. Jab lands for Barrera. Hard left down the middle lands for Pac followed by a right hand. Hard right to the body land for Pac. Left to the body lands for Pac. Barrera answers with one of his own. 1-2 lands for Pac. Barrera content to throw an occasional jab. He's got to be more active if he hopes to win these rounds from a guy who continues to come forwar throwing punches. 1-2 lands for Pac and Barrera lands a 1-2 of his own to end the round. Round to Pac.

Pacquiao 70 Barrera 63

I got it a shutout...Barrera just isn't doing enough....even when he's effective, Pac is just outlanding him.
The CEO
If what you say is true, hype...this fight's over...he can't knock Manny out late.
thehype
ROUND 8
Quick 1-2 just grazes Barrera. Barrera lands a right, but eats one in return. Now Pac's jab is landing. Barrera continues to circle and retreat. Nice counter lands for Barrera. Hard right to the body lands for Pac. They trade jabs. ac lands a 1-2. Another 1-2 lands for Pac. Uppercut lands for Pac. Barrera lans a jab. Right hand ustairs lands for Pac. Then a left hand upstairs for Pac lands. Barrera lands a right to the body. Pac lands a left hook that knocks Barrera off balance. Nice four-punch combo lands for Barrera, but it's simply not enough. Round to Pac.

Pacquioa 80 Barrera 72
manny_bautista
guys thanks for the updates... can u pls continue the updates.. tnx guys
manny_bautista
hey guys, can u give me the site to where i can watch the pac vs barrera????
tnx guys
thehype
ROUND 9
Both men slowing down in the action now. Barrera circles away and fires the jab, but he's way out of range to land it. Pac lands a left to the body. Barrera lnds a right over the top. Barrera lands a right to the body. Pac lands a jab. Another jab lands for Pac. Nice three-punch combo lands for Pac and Barrera retreats to the ropes. Nice 1-2 alnds for Barera, but he eats a right and a left in return. BArrera lands a decent three-punch combo. HARD straight left lands for Pac. Round to Pac...Barrera just looks way too tentative in there....like a guy who's read for retirement.

Pacquioa 90 Barrera 81
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 6 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]360153[/snapback]
Hype, I can't believe how one sided you have the fight. I have Pacquiao slightly ahead, but rounds have been close and I believe Barrera has been dictating the fight at a lot of stages. My brother messaged me as he is watching it over there in the states and he has Barrera up. The commentators have Barrera slightly ahead.

As they say Fitz.....don't believe TheHype. hehe
thehype
ROUND 10
Barrera on the retreat. Pac continues to walk him down. Nice jab lands for Barrera. Pac backs Barrera up to the ropes. Both men just out of reach of each other. Not much action as Barrera is content to circly and stay away. Right hand to the body lands for Barrera. Pac lands a left. Nice combo lands for Barrera. Barrera lands a punch to the back of Pac's head during a clinch. The crowd boos. Pretty boring round, but round to Barrera who was able to stay away and land more jabs.

Pacquiao 99 Barrera 91
manny_bautista
pls give me the exact update. tnx fitz
The CEO
What does Lederman have it?
BigG
I think this is a pretty close fight...I dont have a scorecard but Im suprised at BArrera.
manny_bautista
nice pacman!!! im proud to be a filipino,,,, mabuhay ang pinoy
thehype
ROUND 11

Hard right cross lands for Pac. Pac lands a jab. Straight left lands for Pac. 1-2 lands for Pac. Barrera ties himup. Right to the body lands for Barrera. Pac lands a jab. Nice three-punch combo lans for Pac. Barrera answers with a 1-2 of his own. Pac looks ready to mix it up as he runs back to the center of the ring. HARD left hand lands for Pac. WOOOOOO...another left hand from Pac has Barrera wobbled. The clinch and butt heads and Barrera hits him with a late hit after the break. A break in the action. Wow. Tony Weeks takes a point from Barrera for hitting after the break. the action resumes. They trade jabs. Pac continues to stalk. Barrera coneintues to retreat with a huge gash in his cheek from the headbutt. Round to Pac.

Pacquiao 109 Barrera 99
thehype
Lederman has it 10 rounds to 1
manny_bautista
<html>
<strong>
<h1>
<font color=red>
im a filipino
</font>
</h1>
</strong>
</html>
basicjab
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 7 2007, 04:37 AM) [snapback]360166[/snapback]
Lederman has it 10 rounds to 1

COMON PAC, knock him the fuck out again! You can do it!!
The CEO
<html>
<strong>
<h1>
<font color=red>
im a filipino
</font>
</h1>
</strong>
</html>

^^^

Here they come.................
thehype
ROUND 12
The last and final round and Barrera is still content to keep it on the outside. Pac lands a straight left. Right hand lands for Pac. Barrera holds on. Left hook lands for Pac. Barrera tries to get his jab working. 1-2 lands for Pac. Jab lands for Pac. Barrera lans a right to the body. Pac waves him in. Barrera retreats. Pac lands a left hand. Barrera lands a left and then dances away. Pac landsa left. And with 10 seconds left in the fight, neither fighter throws a punch. Weak way to go into retirement. Round to Pacquiao.

Pacquiao 119 Barrera 108
manny_bautista
wooow it means manny have more chance to win this fight
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(manny_bautista @ Oct 6 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]360162[/snapback]
nice pacman!!! im proud to be a filipino,,,, mabuhay ang pinoy

I'm proud to be an American!!!!

manny_bautista
who wins the fight
??/?
egay17
QUOTE(TheAmblingAlp @ Oct 6 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]360173[/snapback]

ungaz ka!!!! pacman win clapping.gif
manny_bautista
QUOTE(TheAmblingAlp @ Oct 6 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]360173[/snapback]

who wins the fight???
The CEO
There's another one...get 'em!
manny_bautista
QUOTE(egay17 @ Oct 6 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]360176[/snapback]
ungaz ka!!!! pacman win clapping.gif

hey pinoy tayo!!!! proud
thehype
All three judges scored the bout:

Jerry Roth: 118-109
Tom Schreck: 115-112
Glenn Trowbridge: 118-109

The winner by unanimous decision.....

MANNY PACQUIAO
thehype
Compubox:

Pacquiao total punches: 249/667
Barrera total punches: 111/527

Pacquiao total power punches: 169/306
Barrera total power punches: 75/215

Pacquiao total jabs: 80/361
Barrera total jabs: 36/312
manny_bautista
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 6 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]360171[/snapback]
ROUND 12
The last and final round and Barrera is still content to keep it on the outside. Pac lands a straight left. Right hand lands for Pac. Barrera holds on. Left hook lands for Pac. Barrera tries to get his jab working. 1-2 lands for Pac. Jab lands for Pac. Barrera lans a right to the body. Pac waves him in. Barrera retreats. Pac lands a left hand. Barrera lands a left and then dances away. Pac landsa left. And with 10 seconds left in the fight, neither fighter throws a punch. Weak way to go into retirement. Round to Pacquiao.

Pacquiao 119 Barrera 108

who wins?????
manny_bautista
panalo pacyaw
dbdbdb
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 7 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]360182[/snapback]

MANNY PACQUIAO

Great Rd. by Rd. theHype, Right on point. Much Appreciated.

Pac is the real deal!!!!
The CEO
QUOTE(manny_bautista @ Oct 7 2007, 12:45 AM) [snapback]360184[/snapback]
who wins?????

your gremlin won...now back to your shanties.
manny_bautista
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 6 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]360182[/snapback]

MANNY PACQUIAO

is this true????
BigG
I think it should'v been 115-112 or 116-111 for Manny....Barrera should be proud of his performance.

Pacquiao is slipping IMO....I think Juan Diaz would beat him and wouldn't be suprised if Marquez beat him as well.
TheAmblingAlp
Would they please stop the practice of interviewing fighters in a language they can't friggin understand. Pacquiao didn't understand one goddamned thing Merchant asked him.

Pure stupidity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.