Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny Pacquiao to move up in weight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Manny said that he want's to move up.......I think he might've had a hard time making weight vs. Barrera.

I'd like to see Juan Diaz vs. Manny Pacquiao.
torvix2000
I think Pac just got lazy and failed to anticipate lack of time to trim his weight.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Oct 7 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]360295[/snapback]
I think Pac just got lazy and failed to anticipate lack of time to trim his weight.

I think there may be some truth to this. 135 would be his 7th weight class if I'm not mistaken? Crazy!

I have never heard of Pac having trouble making weight until this fight, so he very well may have not given it his all and considering all of the distractions he's had that could very well be the case.

He's only been at 130 for 2 1/2 years and really only moved there to fight Morales who was already at 130. I didn't feel he NEEDED to move to 130 at the time due to having trouble making weight at 126.

To me hearing that Pac is having trouble making 130 would be like me hearing that Mayweather is having trouble making 147 - just doesn't sound right.

BigG
Yeah its crazy...but Pac is more like a natural featherweight/jr. lightweight IMO. Barrera also started at 108 if Im not mistaken. When Pac began pro boxing he was a 16 year old kid so he obviously had maturing to do.
CyruS
How many weight classes can this strawweight climb anyway? The fuck...

get em PACMAN laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 7 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]360320[/snapback]
Yeah its crazy...but Pac is more like a natural featherweight/jr. lightweight IMO. Barrera also started at 108 if Im not mistaken. When Pac began pro boxing he was a 16 year old kid so he obviously had maturing to do.

True that Barrera started at about the same weight, except it took him about 16-17 years to get to 130 where with Pacquiao it only took him about 10 years. Also Barrera being 5 years older than Pacquiao and at the end of his career you'd expect his body to mature more and naturally put on more weight. Pac's still young and in his prime... not many fighters go through 6 weight classes prior to hitting their prime. I don't know, I just don't see how Pacquiao can be having trouble making 130. Maybe he had trouble making weight for THIS fight, but I don't think he's having "trouble making 130" generally speaking. Just my opinion.

Snoop
I agree. It's really strange to hear he's having trouble making 130 when it was almost a choice to move to 130 in the first place. A move up to 135 would be a bad move IMO.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Oct 7 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]360340[/snapback]
I agree. It's really strange to hear he's having trouble making 130 when it was almost a choice to move to 130 in the first place. A move up to 135 would be a bad move IMO.

I agree. Pacquiao admitted that he was hurt by Barrera in the 5th round, and Barrera is an average puncher at 130. Pacquiao would get cracked with some serious shots by someone that can punch at 135. I think a guy like Casamayor would pose a very difficult style for Pac for deal with.

mexi-cutioner
I dont think its smart for Pacquiao to move up in weight, although all his top opponents and big fights (besides Marquez, Valero and Guzman) are at 135. If Pacman did move upto 135 to fight the winner of Julio Diaz and Juan Diaz as reported by Wakee Salud, then Pacquiao could end up like Erik Morales did when he fought at Lighweight vs Zahir Raheem and David Diaz. Im a big Pacman fan and all, but Juan Diaz' power would be too mcuh for pacquiao at lightweight
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Oct 7 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]360374[/snapback]
I dont think its smart for Pacquiao to move up in weight, although all his top opponents and big fights (besides Marquez, Valero and Guzman) are at 135. If Pacman did move upto 135 to fight the winner of Julio Diaz and Juan Diaz as reported by Wakee Salud, then Pacquiao could end up like Erik Morales did when he fought at Lighweight vs Zahir Raheem and David Diaz. Im a big Pacman fan and all, but Juan Diaz' power would be too mcuh for pacquiao at lightweight

You mean Juan Diaz relentless pressure, strengh and bodypunching would be too much for Pac.
Snoop
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Oct 7 2007, 09:19 PM) [snapback]360375[/snapback]
You mean Juan Diaz relentless pressure, strengh and bodypunching would be too much for Pac.

Yeah...Juan Diaz has almost no KO power but makes up for it in the areas mentioned.
BigG
I don't think Juan Diaz has KO power...but did you see the shots he was throwing vs. Freitas? They were very quick and seemed heavy. He beats guys down.
mexi-cutioner
On boxingtalk.com...

JOEL CASAMAYOR: MANNY PACQUIAO IS SCARED TO DEATH OF ME!
By G. Leon

GL: Can you give us some thoughts on Manny Pacquiao's performance against Marco Antonio Barrera?
JC:"It was mediocre at best. He's a regular fighter and he just comes forward and throws a lot of punches. Between me and you I think he's a maricon. He's calling out the lightweights like David Diaz and saying he wants to move up in weight, but he doesn't mention my name. I went up to his face a few days before his fight with Barrera and all he did was look at me and smile like a little girl. To me he's a B level fighter at best.

I think Pacquiao shoudl move up and fight Joel Casamayor to put him in his place
BigG
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.....trash talking.
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 8 2007, 07:41 AM) [snapback]360423[/snapback]
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.....trash talking.

Hahaha! Pacquiao is a B-level fighter now? And implying that Pac is gay!!! That's a nice one, Joel!

I think every boxer should try to emulate those WWF fighters! It would be fun!
BrutalBodyShots
Diaz isn't a natural puncher, but his power at 135 would be more than enough to sting Pacquiao if Barrera could at 130. Both are similar in that neither is a 1 punch KO kinda guy but can wear an opponent down with cumulative damage.

Chi-Town
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Oct 8 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]360422[/snapback]
On boxingtalk.com...

By G. Leon

GL: Can you give us some thoughts on Manny Pacquiao's performance against Marco Antonio Barrera?
JC:"It was mediocre at best. He's a regular fighter and he just comes forward and throws a lot of punches. Between me and you I think he's a maricon. He's calling out the lightweights like David Diaz and saying he wants to move up in weight, but he doesn't mention my name. I went up to his face a few days before his fight with Barrera and all he did was look at me and smile like a little girl. To me he's a B level fighter at best.

I think Pacquiao shoudl move up and fight Joel Casamayor to put him in his place

Put who in whose place?? Casamayor would absolutely pick him apart... too small and not skilled enough.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Oct 8 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]360422[/snapback]
On boxingtalk.com...

By G. Leon

Casamayor would absolutley school him. Pacquiao wouldn't be able to bully him around like he does guys at 130 and we all KNOW (or at least I hope we do) that Pacquiao can't out box him. I think Bob Arum is smart enough not to make this fight.
BrutalBodyShots
No way does Pacquiao "destroy" Casamayor.

STANGMOZ
LET PAC move up in weight to get his ass handed to him. Let's see if Pacland falls apart after that.Pacland is bias and annoying.
BigG
Pacquiao might fight David Diaz? FUcking garbage......Diaz LOST to Morales.

Guzman/Soto, Valero, Marquez, Juan/Julio Diaz, Casamayor, and Katsidis will all be available.

Diaz is a tough guy but IMO is pretty much garbage compared to the elite.

He won his title by stopping Santa Cruz after getting whooped through most of the fight...and then he gets a GIFT vs. a shot Morales.

Please god dont let this happen now when Pacquiao has a lot of better options.

Pacquiao would whoop David Diaz ass with ease
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.