Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Casamayor calls out Pacqiauo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
He said that he thinks Pacqiauo is a B level fighter at best and is scared to fight him.

What do you guys think about this fight? I can see Casa given Manny loads of trouble with his boxing maybe even hurting him at times.
woooooo
Who?
kidbazooka1
Joel Casamayor the Ring lightweight champ, also the guy who beat the guy in your signature twice.
BigG
Casa is 36 I believe and might be on the way out...I kinda feel bad for him because no one really wants to fight him and he is inactive.
CyruS
Give me Pacman-Guzman.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 8 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]360454[/snapback]
Casa is 36 I believe and might be on the way out...I kinda feel bad for him because no one really wants to fight him and he is inactive.

I was thinking the same how much longer can he stay on top.
Lil-lightsout
I would rather watch paint dry than watch Joel fight. To me, he has got the most unappealing fighting style, though I will admit he is a damn good fighter and dirty too. Pac should stay away from Casa, there are many more appealing fights out there to be made.
BrutalBodyShots
I think Casamayor would give Pacquiao problems if they were the same size, and Casamayor is a bigger guy which won't make it any easier. I think Casamayor's movement and speed would keep Pacquiao off balance more than he already is and would have him lunging more with his shots than usual. If Barrera was able to hurt Pacquiao by Pac's own admission I think Casamayor could hurt him worse, especially because Casamayor has fast hands. On the flipside I don't see Pac really showing Casamayor anything he hasn't already seen... he's been in there with a beast in Castillo and a huge puncher in Corrales. I still don't believe that Pac should be fighting above 126 at this point, much less at 135.

Jayhawkman
Casamayor hasn't even fought since his last fight with Corrales. In fact, he should be striped of his title for not fighting since a year ago yesterday. However he is fighting some guy I've never heard of before (the only "name" I noticed on his resume was David Diaz) in November. BTW Pacquiao would destroy Joel... he's older than Barrera is, and we all saw what Manny did to MAB. I'd watch the fight on World Championship Boxing or Boxing After Dark, but I would not pay $49.99 to see it on HBO PPV.
Southeastpaw
I would take Casa over Pac. Joel still looks very sharp and he is crafty and witty in there, something that comes with being in the game as long as he has. He is kinda like a little Hopkins in a sense.
iron_mike
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 8 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]360478[/snapback]
I would take Casa over Pac. Joel still looks very sharp and he is crafty and witty in there, something that comes with being in the game as long as he has. He is kinda like a little Hopkins in a sense.

AHAH just give Pac a helmet and extra large cup if he fights that dirty fuk and Pac will ko 5th rd
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Jayhawkman @ Oct 8 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]360469[/snapback]
BTW Pacquiao would destroy Joel... he's older than Barrera is, and we all saw what Manny did to MAB.

Age has got to be the weakest argument you could come up with. I guess you picked every one of Hopkins' opponents to "destroy" him in the last 10 years since that's about how long its been since he fought someone older than him.

Jayhawkman
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 9 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]360549[/snapback]
Age has got to be the weakest argument you could come up with. I guess you picked every one of Hopkins' opponents to "destroy" him in the last 10 years since that's about how long its been since he fought someone older than him.

ok maybe I shouldn't have said he will destroy Casamayor just because of his age, but I brought it up to make the point that Casamayor is way past his prime, and Manny is in the peak of his prime.

And since you brought it up I thought B-Hop would lose a lot of his fights but only because he is the most boring fighter to watch... it took a chump who's career is based on one left hook that knocked out RJJ to make him look good... I didn't think he even looked good against Winky
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Jayhawkman @ Oct 9 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]360569[/snapback]
And since you brought it up I thought B-Hop would lose a lot of his fights but only because he is the most boring fighter to watch...

I'm not sure which is a worse argument... your first one or this one. LOL. You thought Hopkins would lose a lot of his fights only because you find him boring? ROFLMAO!

Southeastpaw
So an old, boring fighter should lose to a younger active one. Don't forget, Hops was uglier than his opponents as well. That's 3 strikes right there. The man should never have gotten as far as he did with being old, boring, and ugly. What a crazy world.
Jayhawkman
I'm going to root for and put my money on a younger more active fighter then an older less active (more boring) figher 98% of the time so taking that into consideration that's why I thought B-Hop would lose to guys like RJJ, Taylor (which he did) and some guys that he was able to defeat like Trinidad, and Winky (I actually scored that 115-113 for Wright) and Tarver. Does this clear things up for you guys???

I don't see what's so wrong with thinking that way.

ghost13
I remember Pac having loads of problems with the rough style of the late Agapito Sanchez. Casamayor is dirtier and a better fighter than Sanchez. I think Casamayor beats Pac
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Jayhawkman @ Oct 10 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]360743[/snapback]
I'm going to root for and put my money on a younger more active fighter then an older less active (more boring) figher 98% of the time so taking that into consideration that's why I thought B-Hop would lose to guys like RJJ, Taylor (which he did) and some guys that he was able to defeat like Trinidad, and Winky (I actually scored that 115-113 for Wright) and Tarver. Does this clear things up for you guys???

I don't see what's so wrong with thinking that way.

Nope, that doesn't clear up much at all.

So in your view an older less active fighter = more boring. LOL. Those two things have nothing to do with one another.

The fact that you scored Hopkins-Wright 115-113 for Wright (who you picked) clears up a lot though - that you are certainly a biased spectator.
Jayhawkman
I'm not biased that was a close fight with rounds that could have gone either way. Sorry if my opinions make me any less of a boxing fan in your eyes than all of you are. You guys are the shit... you guys know everything... based on the way you guys are defending old fighters like B-Hop I'm guessing you are the majority of the very few people who picked a 45 y.o. George Forman to beat a 26 y.o. Michael Moorer right?? ... I wish I could have had the foresight you guys had.
Jayhawkman
I mean how many other fighters were successful in the 40s besides those 2?? I can't think of any others.
_iodine_
and Winky (I actually scored that 115-113 for Wright)

I'm sorry, man, but you need to watch that fight again. I am probably on par with the biggest Winky fans out there and am also a member of the vast percentage of b-hop non-supporters and I couldn't find more than 4 rounds to give to Wright against Hopkins. It was a pretty easy fight to score.
FenderDG3
Hey this is my first post here on Fight Hype and I was just curious if you guys were saying inactive meaning they only fight once a year or inactive in the ring when they are fighting because Hopkins does both. I could see how you would find a fighter boring for not being aggressive enough in the ring to your liking, but definetly not for only fighting once a year.

And yes, I'm also a Winky Wright fan and I think he lost that fight too.

Look forward to posting and reading a lot more on here

Peace
STANGMOZ
THe B-HOP vs WInky fight was garbage anyways.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.