Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarver vs Blades question?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
I didnt see the Zsolt Erdei vs Georges Blades fight, which apparently ended in a 11th round TKO for erdei. How did blades perform in that fight? Was he competitive?

I am just wondering why tarver is pulling out of the danny green fight? Is it because he wants a higher profile opponent, or because he wants a comparison fight to show how much better he is at dispatching blades than zsolt was?

I'm sorely disappointed he isnt fighting green, which would have been an exciting match up IMO. But i havent seen Blades, so i dont know whether he is for real.

I highly doubt tarver is scared of green, i just want to understand the logic behind his decision
ghost13
After what Hopkins did to him, I think Tarver is done with live threats.
james1
blades wasnt at all competitive. he is a bum. black eye.gif
thehype
Ummmmm...according to Tarver, he's fighting Danny Green...that's actually the fight that he prefers to have.

TARVER-GREEN ON DECEMBER 1ST!
By Angel Colon | October 09, 2007

Moments ago, former undisputed light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver contacted FightHype.com to inform us that contrary to recent reports of a potential clash with George "Honey Boy" Blades, Tarver, instead will be facing Danny Green on December 1st live on Showtime.
AussieLad
Yes, word on the tszyu forum is that green has signed the contract and so has tarver.

I dont now how all these B.S articles get published?

Very happy. I think green will go in as the underdog and give tarver some real trouble. I think he can win, but I'm still leaning towards tarver at the moment. I'm sure this will change as the fight draws closer

Blayde
QUOTE(james1 @ Oct 11 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]360782[/snapback]
blades wasnt at all competitive. he is a bum. black eye.gif

Definitely. If you didnt know it was a title fight, you wouldve though Erdei was a prospect thats moving on very slowly.

Blades is nothing compared to Danny Green.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.