Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FANTASY BOXING 2008
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
hitman harding
To all Fight Hypers,

We are beginning to prepare for our Third annual Fantasy Boxing League . All of you are encouraged to join.

We will draft teams and receive points for wins, title shots, and have bonus points for unification, super fights and HBO and Showtime appearances...

The draft will be held late November/ Early December.

We are going to work on getting prizes for the top 3 place getters.

Last years players where

Southeastpaw
TheHype
Biggeorge89
Rivado
Jack1000
Fitz
pbf
Bazooka Limon
BGv2.0
State of the Game
T-Money
Imperial
DJ Necrogenic
DoomedDesciple
Avon Barksdale
Al Hata
Hitman harding
Spyder
Tom Tocca

More too come on rule changes etc
Jack 1000
I will pin this so that people will remain aware of it for awhile,

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
I will also be in it again.

Jack
mexi-cutioner
I'm new to this site, but I feel I know a good amount about boxing and follow it very closely, it is probably the sport I watch and follow most besides basketball and hockey(hockey being that I am a canadian). I would love to join this, but can anyone give me any information on how to join??
BigG
I'm in.
hitman harding
I'm in. Screw the mininum post rule Mexi is in cool.gif

We have 5 players so far
Maxy
I'm in.

Also, seeing as this is a pinned thread....we need more people to join fighthype webl. Check the sub-forum for details.
CyruS
I want in. AND the #1 draft pick aggressive.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
im in. Does it cost money though? just wondering.
NickBarker
I was pretty pissed that I missed the entry for this last year. Sign me up.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 10 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]360691[/snapback]
im in. Does it cost money though? just wondering.

No money at all!

It's fun and absolutely free!

Jack

Administrator
Chi-Town
Count me in
hitman harding
10 players signed up so far .
Wheres the C.E.O and his band of haters ? Sign up before its too late!!!!
Rivado
Count me in.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 9 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]360623[/snapback]
Just a heads up, and I'm not in charge. But last year they had a rule about they must have a minimum of 100 posts or something like that. It's only because sometimes boards get members that join up, make a couple of posts for a month or so and are then never seen again. I think they just don't want some guy to join up, pick fighters and then piss off a couple months in which spoils it for others.
Maybe hitman harding will clarify, but there was some rule like that, not sure the exact rule. You probably do know your boxing, but maybe try get that post count up so you can join in the fun.

Yeah Im new to this site but I do plan to stick around for sure. Ive become a big boxing fan over the past year and a half and I love it. Im a member of other boxing sites like Pacland and boxingforum.com but I just joined this recently so thats why my post count is still low. Hopefully ill atleast be considered into the fantasy draft, I promise im here to stick around and I wont ditch the forum after a few months.
BigG
So far we got:

Fitz
Jack
mexi-cutioner
Me
Hitman harding
Maxy
Cyrus
Kyle
Nickbarker
Chi-Town
Rivado

So thats 11. Last year we had 19. So 8 more?
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 11 2007, 04:41 AM) [snapback]360777[/snapback]
hitman harding said, stuff the rule and counted you in anyways. Welcome aboard.

Indeed...welcome to the jungle Mexi-cutioner!!!!
Bazooka Limon
Limon has not retired yet. im in
hitman harding
12 players so far

Fitz
Jack
mexi-cutioner
Big George 89
Hitman harding
Maxy
Cyrus
Kyle
Nickbarker
Chi-Town
Rivado
Bazooka Limon

hitman harding
Tom Tocca in, 13 players to date
DavidPayne
Could someone explain the level of commitment required? I'm interested in being in if possible.
DEP Nihilist
Don't know if there is room still, but I would join if there is.
BigG
So DEP is in and we have 14 right now...Last year we played with 19 I think so 5 more?
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 28 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]362632[/snapback]
So DEP is in and we have 14 right now...Last year we played with 19 I think so 5 more?

Excellent
hitman harding
I'm in Australia on vacation till November 21st . So let plan on Fitz's Dec 2nd date
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 24 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]362222[/snapback]
Basically, the biggest commitment is the period where we all pick our squad, as it requires everyone to be online as frequently as possible. Last year this seemed to be in about a weeks period. As everyone wants it done as quick as possible. They have a draft order, and they want everyone to take there pick A.S.A.P, they don't want someone to not come on for a day or so. Anyways, you miss your pick if your away too long and take your pick at the end. This seems to be the period where the most commitment is required.
After that you sit back and relax and watch how your fights involved (if you look at my sig, that's the team I have had for this year). You just get points based on real results your fighters have, and you can trade or drop/pick new fighters throughout the year (you have a set number of how many times you can drop and add someone though.
That's basically it, there really isn't much commitment at all once you initially pick your squads.

Great explanation Fitz,

That's how it works! Rivado and Hitman Harding I am sure could help with more specifics of the Contest as they are our head referees for the Fantasy Boxing League! DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE FANTASY BOXING FORUM! It has an FAQ/Information threads that we have created, which details how to play.

Jack

Administrator
Douchebag
I want to join.
Jack 1000
Everyone,

Yes please get involved! If you have family or friends who like boxing, please have them join our forums so they can participate as well!!!! We are always looking for new people to welcome into the Fight Hype Family!

Jack

Administrator
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(Papa of Fitz @ Oct 31 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]363007[/snapback]
Hello Jack 1000. I are Eduardo. Father of Fitz. My son tell me about this over dinner when we eating lentil soup. I like boxing and like to play. I pick Carlos Monzon.

LOL wtf.
BigG
LMAO...
Southeastpaw
Hello Jack 1000. I are Eduardo. Father of Fitz. My son tell me about this over dinner when we eating lentil soup. I like boxing and like to play. I pick Carlos Monzon.

I had no idea old timer Aussies talked like that.
BrutalBodyShots

LOL.
Aware
I want in!
Fitz
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 2 2007, 04:53 AM) [snapback]363061[/snapback]
I had no idea old timer Aussies talked like that.

Actually my parents aren't Australian, they are Chilean. You haven't heard my dad speak, his english is terrible, lol.
Southeastpaw
lol. My bad Fitz.

So that quote is pretty accurate I take it?

However, I do not think I will partake in the festivities of the fantasy boxing league this season. As the season 1 champ, I will vacate my seat and further my study within the webl boxing realm. I do not have time for both, just one. I must build a strong gym and put the hurt down on these fools. Although I hear that biggeorge is a tyrant as a leader in there. LOL
Fitz
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 2 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]363090[/snapback]
lol. My bad Fitz.

He writes pretty well and is intelligent, but his accent is strong as, lol.
Rivado
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 1 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]363090[/snapback]
lol. My bad Fitz.

However, I do not think I will partake in the festivities of the fantasy boxing league this season. As the season 1 champ, I will vacate my seat and further my study within the webl boxing realm. I do not have time for both, just one. I must build a strong gym and put the hurt down on these fools. Although I hear that biggeorge is a tyrant as a leader in there. LOL

Are you effing serious?

Nah man, season 1 and season 2 champs MUST do battle in season 3. Period.

How else are we gonna build legacies, dynasties and whatnot.

jeez.
BigG
I'm not a leader in there...Cyrus and Maxy are. I just have one fighter who rips shit everytime he fights (I'm sure the webl crew know who that is)

laugh.gif
Fitz
Just a suggestion and not sure if everyone agrees, but I think the draft order for this year should be done like this.

-The order for drafts should go by the order you finished in season 1. The winner should be rewarded with first pick and go on down. So players from first season should get priority.
-New players are next and they can be sorted out by join date/post count

Not sure if anyone agrees, but players who played last year should be rewarded with where they finished IMO.
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 2 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]363108[/snapback]
Just a suggestion and not sure if everyone agrees, but I think the draft order for this year should be done like this.

-The order for drafts should go by the order you finished in season 1. The winner should be rewarded with first pick and go on down. So players from first season should get priority.
-New players are next and they can be sorted out by join date/post count

Not sure if anyone agrees, but players who played last year should be rewarded with where they finished IMO.

If that's the case let me just run up my post count here...
Byrd Man
Please sign me up for the Fantasy Boxing 2k8.

Thank you very much.
hitman harding
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 3 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]363339[/snapback]
Please sign me up for the Fantasy Boxing 2k8.

Thank you very mucy.

Your in
BGv2.0
A few questions.

How is the draft going to be worked out.....that round robin shit that Avon set up last year was awful. And if we are going to base the draft on performance...IMHO those who did the worst should get the first draft...like they do in the NFL.

It should be the worst guys pick in order up to the #1...then start back at the bottom....none of this 2 back to back picks shit...that was BS.

Also....there was talk about teams being able to keep 1 or 2 fighters...is that still going to be the case?
Thegreatequalizer
i'll participate.
CyruS
I need that #1 overall draft pick.
hitman harding
The draft order etc
current players can keep max 2 boxers.
If team A decides to keep 2 existing boxers for his team his/her first pick will be in the 3rd round etc
The team that finishes last will have the first pick, The team that wins will pick last. The order will reverse after each round
All new teams will pick after existing players in order of membership of Fighthype e.g May 2004 will pick before june 2007.
All other rules will continue as they are only TV points will be modified by Jack Rivado and myself.

All existing players please nominate fighters that you would like too keep ASAP. All new players get a list of 30+ boxers PM to Jack Rivado and myself and we will conduct the draft in a quicker manner then last year.The sooner the better

hitman harding
Fitz
Jack
mexi-cutioner
Big George 89
Hitman harding
Maxy
Cyrus
Kyle
Nickbarker
Chi-Town
Rivado
Bazooka Limon
Aware
The Conscience
Tom Tocca
DepNihilist
ByrdMan
The GreatEqualiser
Bgv2.0

19 teams so far anyone else
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 10 2007, 06:42 AM) [snapback]364365[/snapback]
The order will reverse after each round

Is this that Round Robin BS I was talking about.....does that create 2 back to back picks for a team?

IceCold357
I am new here but I want in on this one..Sounds intresting
hitman harding
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 11 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]364524[/snapback]
Is this that Round Robin BS I was talking about.....does that create 2 back to back picks for a team?

Send a list of fighters and this will be a silent draft. Done by Jack rivado and myself. This will not be done live!!!!!!!!!!!. Getting everyone on line together won't work. As encountered last year.
HH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.