Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FANTASY BOXING 2008
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Thegreatequalizer
yeah, the start date would be good to know. it might affect my last couple of choices.

i figured it would start 1/1/08, but it doesn't matter to me. other than it affecting my last couple of picks, of course.
mexi-cutioner
lets go boys, sorry for the impatience but im getting pretty anxious lol and i got a ton of homework to do
Byrd Man
I actually have a few fights this next month too...hmmm...maybe we SHOULD start in December. ha ha
Thegreatequalizer
we're waiting on conscience
then byrdman
then me
then mexi-cutioner
Rivado
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 29 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]367664[/snapback]
Rivado we start the league 12/1 2007 and finish 11/30 2008 ?
or 1/1 2008 12/31/2008

Your call

Uh, January 1, 2008.

2007 still needs to be settled.

BTW

Jack 1000 drafted David Diaz and Roman Gonzales twice each. wtf?
BGv2.0
WHOA WHOA!!!!

I think we need to take a vote on that. We started at this time last year I think. And the sole reason I picked some of my guys were due to recent matchups. I'm not even sure a vote would be fair as those not having fights may out number those with them....and to avoid those folks taking early leads....well...you see.

How does last years league effect this years??? For sure if different people have different fighters.....if it's an issue of the same person having the same fighter....they should be able to choose to what year they want to apply those points.

And it's not like a TON of people would be effected....my last guy from last year fights on the 23....nobody has him this year....he is not a member of my current team.....how does that effect anything other than last year's points?

The only people that would be effected is say the person that has Hatton or Floyd....and if it's two different people....why not let them BOTH take the points for that particular year?

I could see where it would matter if league stats and points carried over from year to year....but they don't.

That will make me puke if we start on 1-1-08...

IMHO that should have been set up before the draft ever started.

Look at my Herbie hide pick.....he fights on the 23rd of Dec. Nobody has him from last year.....he's not on my roster last year....so what does his fight earn me? Nothing for this year....or are you going to intergrate him onto my 2007 team..I don't like any of that....

And...it's not like we have a ton of returning players....many are new....last year's fights do not effect this years.

NOW.....do I myself have something to gain from starting December 1st......sure I do.....But I also believe in what I'm saying and picked with an early start in mind.

The draft for the new league will be over by December 1st.....there is no good reason not to start it December 1st.

mexi-cutioner
I agree, I think we should start the league Dec 1. Why wait one whole month to start this when everyone will have there pics ready by Saturday???
Byrd Man
as I said I'm down for whatever. I got one fight I think...De Leon....that's fighting this next month....

Either way I'm cool
Thegreatequalizer
if this years stops on dec. 1st then i think the new season should start dec. 1 and go until new years eve 2008. that way the next season starts on jan. 1.
Rivado
Nah, the 2008 league starts and ends in 2008 as the 2007 league started in and will end in 2007 as the '06 did in 2006. Plain and simple.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]367702[/snapback]
Nah, the 2008 league starts and ends in 2008 as the 2007 league started in and will end in 2007 as the '06 did in 2006. Plain and simple.

Well then WTF do I get out of Herbie Hide's December fight?

This info would have been good up front.

Is there anybody wanting to play that missed the opportunity?

I'm not cool with getting screwed out of points righgt out of the gate....see if somebody wants my team.
Rivado
I am sorry that is how you feel BG.

The fairest way is to let the 2007 season end at the end of this year and the 2008 season start with the new year.

BGv2.0
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 02:21 AM) [snapback]367706[/snapback]
I am sorry that is how you feel BG.

The fairest way is to let the 2007 season end at the end of this year and the 2008 season start with the new year.

Well....not to me it's not, not when points remain in limbo. BUT....it's cool, Rivado, I know you are a cool guy that sticks to his guns on issues....and you know I am too.

I don't really see what the rush was for the draft then....but whatever.

Just see if somebody wants to take the team over, I will not harbor any bad feelings. But I cannot in good conscience start my year with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Rivado
C'mon man. Stick around.

Byrd Man
When I signed up with this I just automatically assumed that the 2008 fantasy boxing league would start in January of 2008. And any fights from now until December 31st is counting on last year's points for those who were in to this last year.

Maybe that's just me but when I saw that it was the "2008" ....you know....

Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]367702[/snapback]

this is my first time participating. so you guys skipped last december too?
Rivado
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 29 2007, 10:30 PM) [snapback]367708[/snapback]
Well....not to me it's not, not when points remain in limbo. BUT....it's cool, Rivado, I know you are a cool guy that sticks to his guns on issues....and you know I am too.

I don't really see what the rush was for the draft then....but whatever.

Just see if somebody wants to take the team over, I will not harbor any bad feelings. But I cannot in good conscience start my year with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I know exactly how you feel. It wouldn't be fair for 2007 to end now since I am on the verge of going out with a bang when as many as 5 of my 10 fighters in the 07 league could potentially fight in the next 30 days to give me the clear and undisputed victory.
cool.gif
Rivado
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 29 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367714[/snapback]
When I signed up with this I just automatically assumed that the 2008 fantasy boxing league would start in January of 2008. And any fights from now until December 31st is counting on last year's points for those who were in to this last year.

Maybe that's just me but when I saw that it was the "2008" ....you know....

Makes sense doesn't it.
Rivado
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 29 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]367715[/snapback]
this is my first time participating. so you guys skipped last december too?

I don't believe so.
BGv2.0
First see if somebody wants to take over, if not.....then I may just freeze my team. I don't want to screw up the league, but I cannot allow points not to count for me....that would be screwing myself over....I cannot do that.

I just have a real issue with this because as it stands I have a 10 member 2007 team and a 10 member 2008 team with a guy on it that will fight...yet earn me no points....

I cannot just see past that.

I can see your point though....if it's always been that way....I understand it cannot be changed.....

I really don't know what the answer is. The only way it does not effect the league, or myself is to let a person that did get in to take over....they might feel it's worth the points just to get in.....they would have a trade off.

As it stands I don't....I just have to swallow a guy fighting yet earning me nothing....what if I (and I know this is a long shot LOL)...but what if I lost the 1st place by the points that Hide would earn me...I'd be pissed....

This is supposed to be enjoyable....I cannot start it off aggrivated.

Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 01:47 AM) [snapback]367717[/snapback]
Makes sense doesn't it.

i'm confused. does the 2007 season stop on dec. 1st or 31st? i thought someone someone said it stopped on dec. 1st.
BGv2.0
I don't know why that posted twice.
mexi-cutioner
as im new to this,can someone explain how the add/release fighter thing works??? cause i picked some fighters mainly cause they were fighting in december and i thought we'd count this month into the fantasy league
Rivado
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 29 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]367722[/snapback]
as im new to this,can someone explain how the add/release fighter thing works??? cause i picked some fighters mainly cause they were fighting in december and i thought we'd count this month into the fantasy league

I know everyone is anxious to get 2008 league started, I know I am. But it was my understanding that the 2008 league would start with the new year and made my draft choices accordingly. And I know that as a current participating member of the 07 league, I would like a clear cut victor for 2007 without any questions. The same that I would want from the 2008 league. The best way is to let the 2007 league end with the year.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 02:45 AM) [snapback]367716[/snapback]
I know exactly how you feel. It wouldn't be fair for 2007 to end now since I am on the verge of going out with a bang when as many as 5 of my 10 fighters in the 07 league could potentially fight in the next 30 days to give me the clear and undisputed victory.
cool.gif

It appears many of the new guys were under the same impression....

I'm not saying to end the 2007 leauge.....I just do not understand why both cannot be played at the same time in December.

I mean really.....do you even know how many people other than Hatton and Floyd holders would be effected?

Just like you don't want to be screwed out of points in 2007 league points....some of us don't want to be screwed out of them in 2008 league play.

And not allowing points to count....does that.
Rivado
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 29 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]367724[/snapback]
It appears many of the new guys were under the same impression....

I'm not saying to end the 2007 leauge.....I just do not understand why both cannot be played at the same time in December.

I mean really.....do you even know how many people other than Hatton and Floyd holders would be effected?

Lol you might be on to something there.
Thegreatequalizer
well, i thought someone said that the 2007 season ended dec. 1st. if the 2007 season ends on dec. 31st then there's no reason for dec. 2007 to count on the 2008 list. i was maybe confused about the 2007 season end?
Byrd Man
also I have at least one fighter fighting this next month and one of them is a big guy in De Leon...he's no Herbie Hide, I'll tell ya that! lol just playing.

But I definitely would lose out on some points if we started in January, I just figured going in that anyone I grab that fought this month or next wouldn't count....

But as I said....whatever everyone else wants, I'm cool with. Go ahead...fuck me over...I don't care...heh heh.
Rivado
mexi-

You get 8 add/drops for the year. If and whenever you feel the urge to kick one of your fighters to the curb you may do so and draft another in his place provided the newly drafted fighter is available and not already on the roster of one of the other league members.
Rivado
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 29 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]367727[/snapback]
also I have at least one fighter fighting this next month and one of them is a big guy in De Leon...he's no Herbie Hide, I'll tell ya that! lol just playing.

But I definitely would lose out on some points if we started in January, I just figured going in that anyone I grab that fought this month or next wouldn't count....

But as I said....whatever everyone else wants, I'm cool with. Go ahead...fuck me over...I don't care...heh heh.

BM

It just so happens that Ponce De Leon is on my roster in the '07 league and his victory next month would secure my own for the 2007 league. I wouldn't want to get screwed, either.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 03:14 AM) [snapback]367729[/snapback]
BM

It just so happens that Ponce De Leon is on my roster in the '07 league and his victory next month would secure my own for the 2007 league. I wouldn't want to get screwed, either.

So....you take the points for 2007.....BM takes the same amount for 2008....

Not a big deal.
mexi-cutioner
anyone willing to trade for Alex Arthur??? lol
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 30 2007, 02:11 AM) [snapback]367727[/snapback]

if the 2007 season ends on dec. 31st then the 2008 season should start january 1st.
Rivado
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 29 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]367730[/snapback]
So....you take the points for 2007.....BM takes the same amount for 2008....

Not a big deal.

I see what you are saying but it sure does feel like I am being denied the right to be the recognized 2007 Champion.

Tell you what though, I won't be denied in '08! lol.
Rivado
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 29 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]367733[/snapback]
if the 2007 season ends on dec. 31st then the 2008 season should start january 1st.

As I see it the 2007 and 2008 should not run simultaneously. AT ALL.

That is like having a "regular" champion and a "super" champion at the same time. wtf?

I think 2007 should end at 11:59 PM on Dec 31. Then we can crown the 07 champ on new year's eve! ---woohooo!
BGv2.0
WHAT....how?

If you earned the most points in 2007....you are the champ of the 2007 Fighthype Fantasy Boxing League Esq.

Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 02:20 AM) [snapback]367735[/snapback]
Tell you what though, I won't be denied in '08! lol.

i don't know about that. i've seen your pics. laugh.gif
mexi-cutioner
lol...herbie hide
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]367736[/snapback]

That is like having a "regular" champion and a "super" champion at the same time. wtf?

I think 2007 should end at 11:59 PM on Dec 31. Then we can crown the 07 champ on new year's eve! ---woohooo!

No it's not.....are you nuts???

Both years are separate from each other.....????

Everybody will be to drunk at that time anyway....nodody is going to care about that! lol

Look....Hitman may feel the same as you....you guys do all the hard work....I'm in no way trying to step on your toes....

But I cannot be asked to just forget points....I can't do it. You have known me on this site well enough to know....I'm incapable of letting that go....

If you can figure a happy middle ground....I'm open to it.

If not....see if somebody else is interested in taking over.
Rivado
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 29 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]367737[/snapback]
WHAT....how?

If you earned the most points in 2007....you are the champ of the 2007 Fighthype Fantasy Boxing League Esq.

That settles it then, the 2007 season ends at 11:59 PM on December 31st and the 2008 season starts at 12:00 AM on December 1, 2007. Doesn't sound right, IMO.

The thing then is that I made all of my '08 draft choices expecting to put them in to play on January 1, 2008. I may done things a bit differently if I knew ahead of time that the season was going to start this Saturday.

Rivado
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 29 2007, 11:28 PM) [snapback]367738[/snapback]
i don't know about that. i've seen your pics. laugh.gif

That is what they said at the beginning of 07. When you get a chance take a quick peek at my current roster and then at the current standings. Amazing. I know.

lol
BGv2.0
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 30 2007, 03:28 AM) [snapback]367739[/snapback]
lol...herbie hide

Laughing at Herbie Hide is like tempting death....

Chuck Norris once laughed at Herbie Hide.....Hide stuck a total fitness gym up his ass!
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 02:24 AM) [snapback]367736[/snapback]

i agree. what if, for example, you have floyd mayweather for 2007 AND 2008 and he wins by 1st rd. ko? then you get credit for that in the 2007 season AND the 2008 season? that doesn't seem fair at all.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Rivado @ Nov 30 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]367743[/snapback]
That is what they said at the beginning of 07. When you get a chance take a quick peek at my current roster and then at the current standings. Amazing. I know.

lol

yeah, i was just kidding around.
Rivado
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 29 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]367746[/snapback]
yeah, i was just kidding around.

Nah i know.

But I will not be denied.
mexi-cutioner
hey, so....the 2008 season starts Dec 1???... laugh.gif
Rivado
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 29 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]367748[/snapback]
hey, so....the 2008 season starts Dec 1???... laugh.gif

I don't agree with it but hitman and Jack even Spreadking should chime on the matter.

I will hit up the board later in the evening tomorrow and see wasup.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 30 2007, 03:41 AM) [snapback]367745[/snapback]
i agree. what if, for example, you have floyd mayweather for 2007 AND 2008 and he wins by 1st rd. ko? then you get credit for that in the 2007 season AND the 2008 season? that doesn't seem fair at all.

First of all, you guys are acting like there are TONS of instances like this....I don't think that's the case....and a solution is simple, you could pick what year you want them applied....it's not complex.

AND....there is no way PBF is ever going to KO somebody in round one....lol

Rivado.....basically you just said that you want to keep the as a 1-1-08 start date and that you made your picks accordingly....well it appears some of us did the same but under the impresseion it was going to start on 12-1-07....

Why did Hitman give that option? Why did we speed through a draft??

You are basically wanting to keep that start date to better suit yourself, which is cool....I understand that.....and there are some of us that only want the same as you do in that same regard....

Is there any way to find middle ground on this?

Byrd Man
where do you guys get off calling me "BM"? That sounds too much like bowel movement....of course I WILL be shitting on all you punk bitches this year.

Look at my roster!!!! who's fucking with me?
hitman harding
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 29 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]367653[/snapback]
Conscience your pick .

1 hour and i'll go from your list cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.