Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FANTASY BOXING 2008
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Fitz
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 14 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]365100[/snapback]
Send a list of fighters and this will be a silent draft. Done by Jack rivado and myself. This will not be done live!!!!!!!!!!!. Getting everyone on line together won't work. As encountered last year.
HH

So how many fighters should I send?
BigG
Hitman, when do we send our fighter lists? Can I send mine already?
Fitz
Not to be a spoil sport, but this isn't going to work very well either IMO.

Sending a list of 30 fighters won't nearly enough. There are like 20 players and chances are most peoples lists will have the majority of fighters close or abouts a top 20 p4p fighters. Chances are, a persons list would have been gone through and left empty by half way through the draft and I think asking someone to compile a list of a 100 or so is kind of stupid.
To me I know it was hard last year, but I think we do it the same as last year. If we start early December, we have about 4 weeks to do it. Why does it all need to be done in 1 week?
BigG
Thats why we shouldve just joined guys that would post daily or regulalry... ByrdMan is an exception.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 15 2007, 03:03 AM) [snapback]365243[/snapback]
Thats why we shouldve just joined guys that would post daily or regulalry... ByrdMan is an exception.

does that reflect GOOD or BAD towards me? lol

I was actually getting ready to post to ask a few questions, as I know nothing about this.

1. How is the draft gonna be done? I see someone proposed a "silent" draft and someone else said it should be live. Never done a draft for fantasy except on Yahoo and places where all the players are already out in the open and you know who is taken and who is still available.

2. If I need to send a list of fighters, how many should I submit and when should they be in by?

3. I'm getting ready to take a train to Ohio on the 5th of December, so I'll be offline for at least two days....

Please let me know what's going on here.....Thanks!
BigG
laugh.gif I was talking about regualrs......Your an excpetion because despite being new, you've actually posted regularly...thumbsup_anim.gif
Byrd Man
Gotcha.

I got a list of 15 fighters...knowing that drafting as low as I am I've got zero shot at the big major players, I've come up with a list of dudes that I think I honestly have a shot at. Either up and comers, or not flashy but dudes who are getting it done....

Who do I send it to, when do I need to send the final list in?
Boxingjunkie
Just joined but I would love to get in on this to if possible.

Boxingjunkie
hitman harding
Draft order is as follows

Bgv2.0 has the first pick
Big George 89
Bazooka Limon
JacK
Rivado
Fitz
Chi-Town
DepNihilist
Cyrus
Maxy
Hitman harding
Kyle
Nickbarker
Aware
The Conscienc
ByrdMan
The GreatEqualiser
mexi-cutioner
Boxingjunkie
Icecold357 has the last pick

Live draft for the first 3 rounds but please email me a list to speed up the process

Hitman Harding
hitman harding
Byrd man and boxingjunkie have given me a list in advance. If you don't post much Pm me a list as not too miss your pick.
Byrd Man
I'd better get at least two thirds of my picks or I'm calling for an independent investigation into your accounting practices! lol
Jack 1000
I already put this in the Fantasy League Forum. But wanted to repost it here so that you all can see it:

I have sent a draft choice list to Hitman Harding, Rivado, and Ben. Check your e-mails and let me know if the list is ok. It's a little less than 50 fighters, (I think 49 haha) but I did this very quickly.

Jack

PS. Will PM it also..........hold on
BigG
I sent you a list of about 20 boxers Hitman..just give me PM when I need to send more...
hitman harding
5 lists so far keep them coming and Bgv2.0 your pick is up
Byrd Man
um........where do I go to see the draft or post my pick when it's my turn?
hitman harding
Byrd man it will be here in this topic but hey it will take a week or 2 get this thing done!!!
Jack 1000
Hitman,

You, Rivado, and Ben should now all have my 2008 Draft Choice lists in both e-mail/PM formats.

Jack
Jack 1000
Questions?

Rivado and Hitman,

Can we just send lists to each of you to speed up the process instead of having to wait for everyone to get their picks in live?

Send list in though both PM/e-mail formats? Things will go faster that way.

THOUGHTS TO HELP GET STARTED:

1.) A big tip from last year: Everyone should have a choice of between 30-50 fighters. (30 minimum) You can use any database or online source to help you with fighters that you can't think of off the top of your head.

2.) Think of like 15 guys that you really want and than work down from that point.

3.) Do your list in any word processing program and save your changes. Print out your lists. Than you have verification of who you picked.

4. The more fighters you have on your list, the better you have of getting your 10 choices. Remember that the most popular names get picked first.

Jack

Administrator

PS. Will also post in Fantasy League Forum. (FAQ Thread)
hitman harding
Jack
i have lists from

Bazooka Limon
JacK
Byrd Man
Boxing Junkie
Big George89
Hitman Harding
The conscience

Keep the list coming.

QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 21 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]366457[/snapback]
Questions?

Rivado and Hitman,

Can we just send lists to each of you to speed up the process instead of having to wait for everyone to get their picks in live?

Send list in though both PM/e-mail formats? Things will go faster that way.

THOUGHTS TO HELP GET STARTED:

1.) A big tip from last year: Everyone should have a choice of between 30-50 fighters. (30 minimum) You can use any database or online source to help you with fighters that you can't think of off the top of your head.

2.) Think of like 15 guys that you really want and than work down from that point.

3.) Do your list in any word processing program and save your changes. Print out your lists. Than you have verification of who you picked.

4. The more fighters you have on your list, the better you have of getting your 10 choices. Remember that the most popular names get picked first.

Jack

Administrator

PS. Will also post in Fantasy League Forum. (FAQ Thread)

Rivado
ayo hitman!

I pm'd you a list of about 55 names.

R
hitman harding
No keepers from last year as its just making it harder so with the first pick
BGV2.0 picks

Jaun Diaz
hitman harding
Big George 89 picks

Miguel Cotto
hitman harding
Bazooka Limon picks
Juan Manuel Marquez
Byrd Man
don't nobody take Evander Holyfield now...I want him for myself! lol
hitman harding
Jack1000 picks
Manny Pac
hitman harding
Rivado picks .........

Rivado i changed the rule about keeping 07 fighters, seemed unfair and hard to organise. So which guy from your list do you want
hitman harding
I'm missing 10 lists to make this draft so get them in guys
Byrd Man
Oh....so the previous teams are not keeping anyone? My #1 pick might be different.....hmmm.....

Send me a PM when it's my turn to pick, just in case.....

Thanks!
Rivado
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 21 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]366506[/snapback]
Rivado picks .........

Rivado i changed the rule about keeping 07 fighters, seemed unfair and hard to organise. So which guy from your list do you want

Give me Wlad Klitschko
NickBarker
I'm kind of with Fitz. I'll be sure to check this site several times a day while this is going on. I'd kind of like to make my picks based on what others are doing, as well. Hitman, if that's going to slow it down too much, I'll still try and get a list together. However, I'd like to try it this way and I'll do my best to not lag this up at all.
CyruS
my list is in.
Rivado
Fitz has next pick...
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 22 2007, 01:26 AM) [snapback]366506[/snapback]
Rivado picks .........

WOW....out of the blue??? That changes EVERYTHING....you might want to send an email out to all players as I'm sure that might effect their draft order.....AND picks.

I'll be sending you an updated list in light of this.
Jack 1000
Just a reminder everyone,

When you are sending your lists:

THE MORE FIGHTERS YOU HAVE ON YOUR LISTS, THE BETTER. I had said 30 as a minimum, but you really should try to come up with around 50 fighters. Last year, people were sending us lists with only 15 fighters on them! THAT WON'T WORK! Your spots would be taken up quickly by other people, (especially if those are popular fighters) and you could be out of choices with only 15 fighters by the Second Round picks:

REMEMBER:

1.) E-mail AND PM your lists to Rivado AND Hitman Harding. You can also CC copies of them to me. This way we are sure to get them. (E-mail contacts are at the bottom of the first post in the General Boxing Section: The Forum Rules/Suggestions Thread.)

2.) Word Process your lists for easy editing when deciding on your draft orders.

3.) Save your lists to your computers AND an external data source. (CD or DVD Rom, even a Floppy) any secure on-line data source.........anything as long as you can retrieve them.

3.) You will have 10 fighters (10 rounds=1 fight pick for each round of the draft.) BUT you will need MANY FIGHTERS on the lists as alternates because this draft is on a first come first served basis.

4.) How long it takes to complete the draft will depend on many factors:

a.) The time element for all of us in putting this together.

b.) The number of lists we receive per players in the draft.

c.) The number of fighters on each list.

d.) Than of course there are other issues like computer, e-mail/PM, site reliability, outside commitments of everyone...ect.

I WOULD ESTIMATE THAT IT COULD TAKE AT LEAST A WEEK. I BELIEVE WE WERE LOOKING AT DECEMBER 2ND AS AN END DATE, BUT THAT IS UP TO RIVADO AND HITMAN HARDING. (THE DATE WHEN EVERYONE'S PICKS ARE IN.) Watch this thread for updates and announcements as the draft is going on. The information contained within will keep you informed.

LIKE LAST YEAR, WE WILL PLAN TO HAVE EVERYONE'S ORIGINAL 10 FIGHTERS LISTS ACCESSIBLE TO YOU IN THIS FORUM FOR AWHILE AND THAN AFTER EVERYONE HAS SEEN THE LISTS FOR SEVERAL WEEKS, WE WILL MOVE IT TO THE FANTASY LEAGUE FORUM. A possibility might be having Ben set up a link on the home page with quick access to everyone's lists. But we will have to check to see if he wants to do that. At the very least, everyone will be able to see everyone's lists in the forums when data is completed.

Rivado or Hitman Harding,

If you could, please PM/E-mail anyone who may need more fighters on their lists so they could complete their draft selections, that would be cool! Thanks guys for all of your help, and also to our wonderful users for their generous support of FightHype.com!

Stay tunned. And Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Regards,

Jack

Administrator
hitman harding
Kyle
Chi Town
Dep Nihilist
Aware
The gREAT eEQUALIZER
mEXICUTIONER
iCE cOLD 357
Tom Tocca

need to give a list
hitman harding
Fitz picks
Christian Mirjares
Rivado
Tom Tocca is next
hitman harding
Tom Tocca a big poster at East Side boxing forum. If anyone is a member can they send a pm his way? He posts under the same name
HH

7 more lists are needed
hitman harding
If anyone else wants to play send me a list as i'm sure we will have a couple players drop outs
Jack 1000
Hitman Harding,

I contacted Jeff (Stateofthegame). He played last year and told him to send you and Rivado a list of about 40-50 fighters. Maybe he knows some others who can get in the game as well!

Jack
hitman harding
Chi Town
Dep Nihilist
Aware
iCE cOLD 357
Tom Tocca

I need lists from the above and the draft will be moving more quickly!!!
hitman harding
Aware and Icebreaker haven't been online for 2-3 weeks and aren't big posters ? Any ideas
Tom_Tocca
I guess since we won't be able to keep our fighters from '07, it's a good idea to retire as the undisputed champion...

But good luck to you Hitman, next year you might gonna be my heir apparent... cool.gif
hitman harding
QUOTE(Tom_Tocca @ Nov 23 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]366652[/snapback]
I guess since we won't be able to keep our fighters from '07, it's a good idea to retire as the undisputed champion...

But good luck to you Hitman, next year you might gonna be my heir apparent... cool.gif

Rivado still may catch you!!!
hitman harding
Chi Town is up
Rivado
Since Tom Tocca is ducking out Chi Town has the next pick...
Tom_Tocca
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 23 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]366653[/snapback]
Rivado still may catch you!!!

I must have bad luck to be pipped at...btw, Aydin will give me some points with a KO tonight... laugh.gif
hitman harding
Come on Tocca play again cray.gif
hitman harding
You can also have the last pick in the draft like last year !!!
Tom_Tocca
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Nov 23 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]366657[/snapback]
Come on Tocca play again cray.gif

No, it has something to do with my career that I won't be able to participate - still you can hire me as an advisor, I would work for free...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.