Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FANTASY BOXING 2008
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
BGv2.0
That is in no way a solution. There are other people other than myself effected by this situation.....I'm not real pleased at how nobody seems to want to address an obvious problem in relation to rostered fighters fighting yet earning no points.

I'm not the sole person that made their picks with a 12-1-07 start date in mind, you even told Rivado that was a possible start date awhile back in this thread. So don't act like it was assumed or implied when you yourself spoke of a possible 12-01-07 start date.

This was a mistake on the part of the organizers to not state an exact start date, just like the mistake that was made when a player was skipped in the draft, possible points were offered, and organizers had no problem with that, so the argument that the very few handful of fights and points that would occur in Decemeber would somehow ruin the leauge is nonsense IMHO.

And name calling will get you nowhere, if anything it simply backs my idea on the fact that this situation is not being handled in a proper fashion.

I am being a "man".....I'm giving up something I really wanted to be a part of due to a flaw in the system, at least I know I tried to address an obvious flaw.

Nobody has to beg for a thing, we could either find an easy solution OR you repalce me with another player, either way the league will not suffer.

Byrd Man
Honestly I don't see what the big fucking deal is. I mean really. I have at least TWO Fighters fighting this December in Ponce De Leon and Sechew Powell...maybe a third but I'm not sure.

And it doesn't fucking matter to me. It's not like SOME people will be getting the points on this 2008 league in December and some others won't. We're all gonna be going in starting in January.

So how is anyone getting fucked here? I mean I'm new here so I don't really wanna come out and blast people from the jump but this really seems fucked up that someone is gonna just say "fuck it I don't wanna play anymore" all because of a single fighter or two that are fighting in December.

If no one is getting points in December, why is it a big deal?

I mean, okay you drafted a guy THINKING he was gonna be fighting in December, and that might have been the only reason you drafted him. Okay I get that.

But dude you've been told you can drop him and pick someone else. So....what's the problem? You said others are affected to, but I haven't seen anyone bring it up but you. I could be mistaken there.....I usually am from time to time.

Just being honest not trying to make anyone mad or anything.
BGv2.0
It is a problem for me because I cannot simply NOT be awarded points for a guy's fight. And yes you are wrong, go look back in the thread and you will see a couple of other people that were in the same situation.

If you like having 2 of your guys fight and not earn you a thing....that's you....I myself do not feel the same way.

And it's my right not to start something I do not agree with from the onset.

I've been on this site for years man...it's a great site and you will have a blast with the league. But anybody asking me to simply look past this is asking too much.

I'd rather just go on my way. Somebody will take the team.....we had this happen last year as well.....somebody that is not bugged by it will step up....so don't sweat it.

Rivado
Look BG-

The draft hasn't been completed anyway and today is Dec 1st How the hell would we start the season without every team in place?

Jeez.

Enouf already.

Look, I have JCCjr. on my squad. Am I upset that I won't get points for him fighting in december? Hell no. I just look forward to JCCjr getting my some points next year.

Move on.
BGv2.0
The only part I agree with is the "enough already" statement. And I kind of had a feeling you would use that argument at some point.

I simply do not agree with any way this was handled and I'm not going to be a part of it.

Get another player....before the final pick, OR if not I'll pick and you can freeze it.

I don't understand the aggression.....I'm being more than nice so far, though it's been hard.

The league will go on....so what is the big deal.....

Make a post in the main section...put it up.

I'm tired of arguing about it.

Byrd Man
[quote name='Rivado' date='Dec 1 2007, 12:07 AM' post='367931']
I just look forward to JCCjr getting my some points next year.

Too bad my guy Alfonso is gonna knock him the fuck out when they fight....enjoy your little man...while you can..lol
mexi-cutioner
hey, in all honesty, wat do u guys think of my team thus far...I kinda half regret taking Berto first rd, my goal with alot of these fighters were to take alot of young propsect fighters who usually fight more than twice a year, or rising KO artists, or beltholders who i feel can consistently hold onto their title in their weightclass
hitman harding
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 1 2007, 02:55 AM) [snapback]367924[/snapback]
That is in no way a solution. There are other people other than myself effected by this situation.....I'm not real pleased at how nobody seems to want to address an obvious problem in relation to rostered fighters fighting yet earning no points.

I'm not the sole person that made their picks with a 12-1-07 start date in mind, you even told Rivado that was a possible start date awhile back in this thread. So don't act like it was assumed or implied when you yourself spoke of a possible 12-01-07 start date.

This was a mistake on the part of the organizers to not state an exact start date, just like the mistake that was made when a player was skipped in the draft, possible points were offered, and organizers had no problem with that, so the argument that the very few handful of fights and points that would occur in Decemeber would somehow ruin the leauge is nonsense IMHO.

And name calling will get you nowhere, if anything it simply backs my idea on the fact that this situation is not being handled in a proper fashion.

I am being a "man".....I'm giving up something I really wanted to be a part of due to a flaw in the system, at least I know I tried to address an obvious flaw.

Nobody has to beg for a thing, we could either find an easy solution OR you repalce me with another player, either way the league will not suffer.

Bye you moaning bitch
Southeastpaw
I know I am not in this coming year, but I would like to give props to the guys that made this happen and are keeping it going. It is really fun IF you keep involved. So keep involved all of you and it will be awesome. The more of you that stay active and use your drop/adds and trades throughout, the more competitive and fun it will be on a whole. Take a look at a lot of these guys this year. Still have almost, if not, all of their drop/adds and trades left. That should not happen. So stay active.

So first off, major props to the godfather himself.......Spreadking for getting this whole thing started 2 years ago. Then a thanks to Avon (RIP) for taking care of business getting the current year rolling. And big props to Rivado and you Hitman(awesome job keeping the fights and scores up to par) for keeping it intact when Avon cried and quit running the fantasy league, which was before the big break-up with Hype.

Anyhow, just wanted to show some appreciation to you guys and I had fun wit it. This year ain't over yet, but I think my guys are about done anyhow. Good run.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 1 2007, 05:02 AM) [snapback]367936[/snapback]
Bye you moaning bitch

...I'd like to keep it respectful and simply deal with the issue. Which is witthout a doubt getting another person to take over the team.....as I would never trust this dude to keep my points striaght after this.
Jack 1000
Just a reminder,

This thread is for the draft only. PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP EVERYTHING CIVIL IN HERE! The mods have worked so long and hard to make this a special place for everyone. If you have concerns please communicate these concerns through PM, E-mail, or instant messaging. DO NOT TAKE ISSUES WITH THE CONTEST REGULATORS BY NAME-CALLING OR BEING CONFRONTATIONAL IN THREADS. We don't want to have to start deleting or editing posts that are of a confrontational nature, but we will be forced to do so if they continue. Use PM or E-mail to work out your differences, DO NOT CLUTTER THE FORUMS WITH PERSONAL VENDETTA STUFF! This thread is for the draft questions/updates only and must remain civilized to be far to all of the contest members.

If there are serious issues that you can't work out through E-mail, IM or PM, please put the person on ignore or don't read the e-mail's or PM's. I encourage everyone to please work out there differences in private, but do not be confrontational on the board. It's not fair to the others to have to listen to a two person spat. Keep personal issues private or choose to use the ignore features of your software programs. Thank you.

Jack

Administrator
BGv2.0
Point taken Jack, but I would like for you take a look at who in fact took it to this level it was your mod....who did....not me.

So you might want to consider warning them of their demenor with posters.

I've had enough of that nonsense back in the day with Avon.....I'll even go back and delete the post.....

But, I'm not going to let a mod just smart off and not talk back....he wanted a reaction and he got one.

If you go back and look through this entire thread....NEVER was I once out of line. AND with my past posts on this site....it's been VERY HARD for me to do that.

I would just like to move on and take care of the situation that needs to be taken care of so the league can move forward.
Byrd Man
this is my final post about this and I will honor the wishes of Jack who wants this to end.

However I must point out something that seems to be getting looked over.

1. BG you are unhappy with this scoring thing, and have declared that you are not going to continue.

That's fine, if you don't wanna stay, no one will be able to force you to stay, nor should they. It's entirely your shot.

2. BG, you are continuing until someone can be found to take over your team.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, I'm not taking shots at you or anything, but here's my main point. Why do you have to stick around continuing to bring this up that you have issues with it? Just leave. I mean...unless I've missed something big here, the players are ours in "theory". It's not like Yahoo where you log into your own team page and you have access to it by password/username info, right? I mean these fighters are not tied into your account are they?

I'm asking because I honestly don't know. If they are, this is the first I'll be hearing about it.

The way I'm seeing it is that since you don't have a grasp of these players in the traditional fantasy team way, why not just say "I'm out, these fighters are associated with a single team, so someone can take over those on their own.

So whoever we find to take over, will know that they will have those fighters and will keep track of the points.

What am I missing here? Basically I don't understand the need for you to tell us you don't wanna do it anymore, or hold on until someone can be found. I mean....you don't have to give out any information like a login/password for those fighters do you?

As I said....no offense meant, not taking shots, honestly asking questions here because it's all new to me.

EDIT: and I know there's still a fighter to be picked....but whoever steps in can do that...not sure why you need to be sticking around until someone is found....
hitman harding
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 1 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]367981[/snapback]
hitman, I appreciate you taking the picks for me and I am not trying to have a whinge or anything, but I would prefer to not play this year. It's just not the same when you do not pick your own fighters. Nothing personal man.

Nick Barker and Fitz weren't around for the draft. I made there picks.

Fitz its your call your squad is a lot better then mine
Which ever way is cool friends.gif
hitman harding
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 1 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]367975[/snapback]
Just a reminder,

This thread is for the draft only. PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP EVERYTHING CIVIL IN HERE! The mods have worked so long and hard to make this a special place for everyone. If you have concerns please communicate these concerns through PM, E-mail, or instant messaging. DO NOT TAKE ISSUES WITH THE CONTEST REGULATORS BY NAME-CALLING OR BEING CONFRONTATIONAL IN THREADS. We don't want to have to start deleting or editing posts that are of a confrontational nature, but we will be forced to do so if they continue. Use PM or E-mail to work out your differences, DO NOT CLUTTER THE FORUMS WITH PERSONAL VENDETTA STUFF! This thread is for the draft questions/updates only and must remain civilized to be far to all of the contest members.

If there are serious issues that you can't work out through E-mail, IM or PM, please put the person on ignore or don't read the e-mail's or PM's. I encourage everyone to please work out there differences in private, but do not be confrontational on the board. It's not fair to the others to have to listen to a two person spat. Keep personal issues private or choose to use the ignore features of your software programs. Thank you.

Jack

Administrator

me bad. But its all a little childish.
1st round pick is a honor
BGv2.0
Because for me it would have seemed like being an ass, if I just said...."here....I'm out". I want to exit this thing...but insure with mods, who can after the fact make your life miserable on a site, that I was doing so...but willing to stay in to lend a hand until the end of the draft. And I wanted to come to middle ground...but nobody even wanted to try any approach it like that....but I DID want to paly so I was fighting for something I believe does not only effect me as well.....I may be the only outspoken one in regard to it....but look what that gets you.

Really if any of these newer players had an issue as I did....based on what you have seen with these back and forths....do you really think they would speak up?

But you are right....the league I suppose does "own" the team....

so....whatever.

None of this made any sense whatsoever....there was no need for a hyper fast draft if we were going to have a 1-01-08 start date. The date was NEVER made clear from the outset. And more than myself made picks based on a 12-01-07 start date.

Do what you want with my team.

And Fitz.....for God sake's don't try to exit buddy....it will become like some twisted Peer presure PSA...where you are a "bitch" if you choose not to play.

hitman harding
Bgv2.0 I'll let you take over for 2009 if up for it ? Let me know
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 1 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]367992[/snapback]
Bgv2.0 I'll let you take over for 2009 if up for it ? Let me know

You do a fine job of point tablulation....plus, remember I'm banned from the '09 league, lol. So...I would if I could. sad.gif
hitman harding
Maxy can take his pick when ever

Cyrus picks
Cesar Seda jr
hitman harding
Chi Town picks
Rico Hoye
hitman harding
Jack 1000 picks
Tony Thompson
hitman harding
Bazooka Limon picks
Sergio Gabriel Martinez
hitman harding
Big george, maxy and Rivado no list is left so make your pick ASAP.

2 open teams to pick still in the 10th round
BigG
Give me Gary Stark Jr
hitman harding
Only Rivado and Maxy to go clapping.gif
hitman harding
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 1 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]367994[/snapback]
You do a fine job of point tablulation....plus, remember I'm banned from the '09 league, lol. So...I would if I could. sad.gif

mellow.gif
hitman harding

Fitz i'm in the hospitality industry so i'm crushed for time from know too Xmas. This league i do for fun. So for it too continue i started early.
Hope this clear up any questions

QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 1 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]368003[/snapback]
This is pretty much what I said a few weeks back. I had no problem with the old format. I think it was better when people pick while they were online and I didn't see the rush for the draft to be over in 1 week if we were starting in 2008 anyways. Personally I didn't think it was a problem if it took 3 weeks or so to complete the draft, why does it matter anyways if we start on the 1st of January anyways?
Haha. I already PM'ed hitman and I explained to him. I appreciate the effort he put in for getting me to play, but unfortunately I was overseas when all of this was going on and I think the purpose of this competition is trying to pick your own team to see how you go for the year. I just don't think it's the same when somebody else picks for you. That's all it is. It would kind of feel weird if I was to be on top for a team I had no part in picking, that is all, lol. I just hope nobody takes it as a slap in the face or me having a whinge and taking my ball and going home. I really am not angry about anything, it's just a shame I was overseas when all of this was happening.

hitman harding
Spreadking will take Fitz's team

spitshinetommy will take BGV2.0 team

You both have one pick left make your pick ASAP
Spreadking3rd
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 1 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]368010[/snapback]
Spreadking will take Fitz's team

You both have one pick left

I am sorry some people dropped out.
The show must go on.
and I might add it's only good that SpitShine and myself join up, because we created and ran the original season of fantasy teams for at least 9 months.
I have much respect for someone who can keep up with it all year.

I talked to spitshine on the phone and he told me he wants Mike Marrone on his team if available.
We both recently re-discovered this web-forum with our old friends. We honestly didn't know where you guys went.

I can make a pick after a some investigation.
hitman harding
QUOTE(Spreadking3rd @ Dec 1 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]368012[/snapback]
I am sorry some people dropped out.
The show must go on.
and I might add it's only good that SpitShine and myself join up, because we created and ran the original season of fantasy teams for at least 9 months.
I have much respect for someone who can keep up with it all year.

I talked to spitshine on the phone and he told me he wants Mike Marrone on his team if available.
We both recently re-discovered this web-forum with our old friends. We honestly didn't know where you guys went.

I can make a pick after a some investigation.

Welcome back fella

SpitShine picks
Mike Marrone
Byrd Man
waiting for spitshine to show up screaming "What? I don't want that guy!" lol
hitman harding
Rivado
Maxy
Spreadking

and the draft is complete

Thanks to all for lists in advance and being supportive to Rivado and I .
HH
hitman harding
Spread king picks
Juan Reveco - WBA 108 lb champ
Rivado
Welcome Spread and Spit I can say it is an honor to be involved in this along side two of the og's of it.

I will take Anthony Mundine if he is still available for my last pick of the draft.
hitman harding
Maxy has a pick and its all done and dusted
Rivado
I think Jack1000 might have a couple of picks left as well but other than that we ok

mexi-cutioner
can i start doing some adds and drops, or is it too early....and soemone PLEASE answer me this time lol ive been getting ignored alot on this discussion board rtfm.gif
hitman harding
QUOTE(Rivado @ Dec 2 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]368039[/snapback]
I think Jack1000 might have a couple of picks left as well but other than that we ok

Jack 1000 is all done and edited
hitman harding
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 2 2007, 12:24 AM) [snapback]368042[/snapback]
can i start doing some adds and drops, or is it too early....and soemone PLEASE answer me this time lol ive been getting ignored alot on this discussion board rtfm.gif

Why ?
Rivado
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 1 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]368042[/snapback]

You can start on January 1, 2008 if you need to.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 1 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]368051[/snapback]
Why ?

because i made some of my pics thinking the start date was Dec 1, so I just wanna make a few minor changes to my roster, but no big deal i can wait till Jan 1 if i have to
BGv2.0
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 1 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]368010[/snapback]

AWESOME! Congrats Tommy on taking the 2008 Championship team! LOL I'm glad to know the "Flying Meatball" AND FELLOW TEXAN got the team!

It's good to see you guys back!

Tommy check your email buddy, I'm sending you some info on my picks.

hitman harding
Maxy picks
Derry Matthews
to end the draft
Rivado
rosters updated.

Good luck fuckers!
Byrd Man
you bitches are in for a world of hurt!
SpitShineTommy
AWESOME !!!!

THANKS BG...for letting SPITSHINETOMMY take over your team......SPITSHINETOMMY IS BACK.....and its great to be playing again with you guys !!! GOOD LUCK and remember BABY JOE MESI is still UNDEFEATED and will be the HW CHAMP OF THE UNIVERSE REAL SOON!!!

who has PETER.....I m willing to trade JT or Baby Bull for PETER....someone make me an offer I cant refuse !!!

I STILL BELIEVE !!!
SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 2 2007, 07:38 AM) [snapback]368075[/snapback]
AWESOME! Congrats Tommy on taking the 2008 Championship team! LOL I'm glad to know the "Flying Meatball" AND FELLOW TEXAN got the team!

It's good to see you guys back!

Tommy check your email buddy, I'm sending you some info on my picks.

THANKS BG!!!!! AWESOME TEAM...well can I dump the Rock ??? lol ......I M GONNA TAKE THE TITLE THIS YEAR ...JUST LIKE BABY JOE IS GOING TO !!!!!

Byrd Man
Tommy...you have Hasim Rahman? I might be interested in getting him from you...if that's the "Rock" you mean.
SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Dec 3 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]368265[/snapback]
Tommy...you have Hasim Rahman? I might be interested in getting him from you...if that's the "Rock" you mean.

yea the Rock is garbage....who you wanna give up for that bumm? how about that over rated hype A.Gomez ??

SPITSHINETOMMY's "HITMEN"

1.) Juan "BabyBull" Diaz-LW NFS 2/?/2008 Vs. Michael Katsidis
2.) Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor-MW 2/16/2008 Vs. Kelly Paplick HBO PPV Las Vegas
3.) Giovanni "FlyingMeatBall" Lorenzo- MW NFS
4.) Zsolt Erdei-LHW NFS
5.) Blow.Job. Flores-HW NFS
6.) Rob Calloway-CW NFS
7.) Hasim "Rock" Rahman-HW 12/22/2007 Vs. Derreck Rossy China ???
8.) Herbie Hide-CW 12/23/2007 Vs. Mihail Nasyrov Main Event on Fox
9.) Baby Joe Mesi (TEAM CAPTIN)-HW NFS
10.) John "HuggieBear" Ruiz-HW NFS
Byrd Man
ha ha ha ha, nice try. lol

Nah, after looking at my team there's no one I want to give up for him. I just like that he fights a whole lot. You might wanna hold on to him for awhile for that very reason.

I think he was fighting like every two or three months in the last half of the 2007 year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.