Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Diaz vs. Julio Diaz (Preview and Poll)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
To all FightHypes,

This is a preview and poll for "The Battle of the Diaz's" Juan Diaz vs. Julio Diaz for the unifield lightweight title. Who will win this Saturday night on HBO and why?

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
This may be Juan diaz toughest fight to date But I see him pulling out a close Decision in a very entertaining fight.
Jack 1000
I voted for Juan,

I expect a mixture of some rounds of war and some rounds of boxing with Juan being a little fresher and stronger down the stretch to pull out a close but unanimous decision.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
Juan Diaz will win this fight by wide decision or late rounds TKO. This is actually an easy night for Juan.
pastor method
juan diaz by UD. close for six rounds, pulls it out with relative ease down the stretch. i expect an exciting and fast paced fight from both guys.
The Original MrFactor
Juan Diaz is relentless. I expect him to win by KO.
BigG
This is Juan's toughest fight. Julio is a good fighter....He is a good boxer with good power. Juan will apply relelntless pressure but dont sleep on Julio.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 11 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]360770[/snapback]
This is Juan's toughest fight. Julio is a good fighter....He is a good boxer with good power. Juan will apply relelntless pressure but dont sleep on Julio.

I have seen Julio fight many times, and never thought he had good power. He is average at best in the power department. I am definately not knocking your opinion either, I just never remember Julio for punching hard, just a pretty good boxer. Anyway, we will all get to see a good fight and maybe I am underestimating Julio's power?
BigG
I can agree with you on Julio's power....it's not ridiculous KO power....but it's enough to hurt an opponent. But Juan Diaz has a very good chin. We'll see. I like Julio Diaz skills. He's a solid boxer. I just don't know if he can handle the pressure.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ive gone back and forth on this fight numerous times. I think it will be a spectacular clash of styles in the ring Saturday night, and whoever can get their rytham first will win this fight. Julio is going to come out and try to box using his long jab. Juan is going to want to put pressure on him rounds 1-12. I think Julio is going to utilize that good jab and keep him at bay in the early going. Juan Diaz may come on late, but I just like Julio's skills in this fight. Juan hasn't fought someone like Julio Diaz. Freitas wilted under the pressure, but I just dont see Julio doing that. I love Juan Diaz and think he's great for the sport, but Julio is giving his heart and soul into this fight. All that dedication, those good boxing skills, and the experience he has will get him to victory. Julio Diaz by UD.
Kyle
Southeastpaw
I feel this is a fairly easy pick. Julio struggled with the pressure of Castillo when they met, and although Juan is not as powerful a puncher as Castillo, he is faster, has a great beard like Castillo, and applies tremendous pressure on his opponent. I'm expecting great things to come from Juan. He is at the beginning of a good championship reign.
kidbazooka1
Very excited for this fight but I think alot of people are underestimating Julio. He's technicaly sound and IMO will give Juan the toughest fight of his career don't get me wrong I think The baby bull will pull it off in exciting fashion but it won't be as easy as many expect.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Oct 12 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]360936[/snapback]
Very excited for this fight but I think alot of people are underestimating Julio. He's technicaly sound and IMO will give Juan the toughest fight of his career don't get me wrong I think The baby bull will pull it off in exciting fashion but it won't be as easy as many expect.

Definitely what I am hoping for. I'm thinking it was Juan's recent performance against Popo that has us all in a frenzy over this kid. That was such a great performance. But you just might be right kidbazooka. I am most likely underestimating Julio a bit. I like Julio, but Juan just seems on a tear right now. He's got that youth, speed, and energy that seems unmatched right now. I am going to stand by my prediction of a fairly easy win though, but I do hope I am wrong.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I like Diaz in this fight! cool.gif
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Oct 12 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]360997[/snapback]
I like Diaz in this fight! cool.gif

laugh.gif
Imperius3
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 12 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]360930[/snapback]
I feel this is a fairly easy pick. Julio struggled with the pressure of Castillo when they met, and although Juan is not as powerful a puncher as Castillo, he is faster, has a great beard like Castillo, and applies tremendous pressure on his opponent. I'm expecting great things to come from Juan. He is at the beginning of a good championship reign.

I agree! And Julio has been down before, and Juan never stops throwing.

I voted for Juan by clear decision.
hardhead
I'm also excited by this fight and am a big Diaz fan, I've been impressed at the way he had progressed come along since I saw him in his first fight on the same under card as Cotto, Bojado, Williams etc....

With both of their styles this could turn out to be a very exciting BAD fight...

I"m thinking Diaz by late TKO but it will be competitive.....
WolfishPromistah
hardhead: "I'm thinking Diaz by late TKO but it will be competitive..... "

Okay. Which...one?

Juan is my pick through assortment of punches that will wear out Julio eventually. 'Just too much pressure.
gods son
will i be expecting a good scrap? Or technical fest?
hardhead
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Oct 13 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]361080[/snapback]
hardhead: "I'm thinking Diaz by late TKO but it will be competitive..... "

Okay. Which...one?

Juan is my pick through assortment of punches that will wear out Julio eventually. 'Just too much pressure.

OH SHIT, wolfish...hahahaha, forgot all about putting which one, I meant to say Juan by TKO.... laugh.gif
Jack 1000
The round by round and post fight reaction thread is now pinned! Users should post inside of that thread at this time.

Thank you for your prefight poll participation!

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.