Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LMAO @ "MANNY P.USSYOUT" --CASSAMAYOR
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
gods son
WOW...Joel is desperate to be in the ring with manny, why? $$ or does he really think he can pull it off?
I hope manny takes on the challenge!

lol @ MANNY P.USSYOUT!!!!!
Southeastpaw
I think he can pull it off.
thehype
Pacquiao TKO10
BigG
I like Pacquiao by decision...Casamayor's a tough guy. But Manny might be too fast. I dont think Casa can seriously hurt him....and Pac might outwork Casa...but you never know...Casa might have enough to school him. It would be a great fight for sure.
Don Flamenco
Looks like Pacquiao is swaying towards fighting Valero... Who knows, maybe they can do something in Macau, or the Philippines

Manny accepts Valero challenge
By Abac Cordero and Katherine Adraneda
Friday, October 12, 2007

Manny Pacquiao has set aside his plans to move up to the lightweight division and instead remain as a super-featherweight for a possible crack at WBA king Edwin Valero.

“I think I’d stay here first for awhile,” said Pacquiao Tuesday evening outside the Los Angeles International Airport, and reiterated his desire to stay in the division during his press conference at the DENR office after making a call on DENR Secretary and long-time friend Lito Atienza.

Last Saturday, at the Mandalay he handily beat Marco Antonio Barrera in 12 rounds, and sent the 33-year-old Mexican into retirement. A third-round knockout win last April also made Erik Morales consider retirement.

During the post-fight press conference at Mandalay Bay, Barrera welcomed Valero up the stage and said the knockout artist from Venezuela is the only one capable of beating Pacquiao at the moment.

“I felt challenged by Barrera’s statement that Valero can beat me. So I’ve decided to stay here for the moment and take the challenge,” added Pacquiao who is also considering a rematch with WBC champion Juan Manuel Marquez.

“He talks like a champion so I might as well try him, too,” said Pacquiao of Valero, who was at Mandalay Bay for the fight. Later, he said Pacquiao was “all speed with no power.”

Against Marquez, whom he knocked down thrice before settling for a controversial draw in 2004, Pacquaio said a rematch remains a possibility. He, however, stressed that the Mexican champion has been demanding a bigger purse in negotiations.

“If he agrees to negotiate then there would be no problem,” said Pacquiao.

If Pacquiao takes on Valero, the fight might be held somewhere outside of the US where Valero is banned from fighting after failing a medical that showed some sort of a head injury as a result of a motorcycle accident years ago.

Valero is unbeaten in 22 fights and won them all by knockout. He knocked out his first 18 opponents in the first round.

Pacquiao has hinted that he might climb the ring in February for a possible three-fight calendar next year.

A day after beating Barrera, Pacquiao aired his plans to move up to 135 lbs after a little trouble making 130 lbs. Then he said he’d like to take a shot at David Diaz, the reigning lightweight champion.

Pacquiao has even asked for tapes of previous Diaz bouts, including the one he had against Morales a few months back.

But his trainer, Freddie Roach, said Pacquiao should stay a little longer as a super-featherweight since there are attractive fights left in the crowded weight class.

“There are a lot of big fights at 130, the winner of the Marquez and (Rocky) Juarez fight and the winner of the Soto and (Joan) Guzman fight. There are a lot of good fights at 130,” said the American trainer.

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sports&a...pe=2&sec=30
AussieLad
I think i'd prefer to see him fight valero. Battle of the bangers
BrutalBodyShots
If Pacquiao was hurt by Barrera there's no doubt in my mind that Casamayor can hurt him, and Casamayor has faster hands than Barrera IMO. I like Casamayor by decision if this fight ever happens. Pac needs to stay the hell away from 135. The guy should still be at 126.

thehype
Pacquiao was hurt Barrera?

dntknw.gif

I don't know...personally, I think he'll do just fine at 135. In fact, I think he smokes Joel "I ran from Poopoo who got smoked by Diaz" Casamayor.

For a guy who came in at 144 the night of a fight looking ripped and just barely made the 130 limit the day prior, I don't know how he'd be able to still make 126.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 12 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]360957[/snapback]

dntknw.gif

I don't know...personally, I think he'll do just fine at 135. In fact, I think he smokes Joel "I ran from Poopoo who got smoked by Diaz" Casamayor.

For a guy who came in at 144 the night of a fight looking ripped and just barely made the 130 limit the day prior, I don't know how he'd be able to still make 126.

Yeah, Pac said Barrera hurt him in the fifth round I think. Also, I too believe if Pac pressured Joel the whole fight he could wear him out and beat him.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 12 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]360957[/snapback]

dntknw.gif

Pacquiao by his own admission was hurt by Barrera.

And Pacquiao only moved up to 130 to fight Morales... he's move up VERY fast through 6 divisions. It's pretty obvious to me that after 122 he basically started trying to move up to make more money which is fine, but it doesn't make it natural. Pac's natural weight class at this stage of the game is 126, and he's fighting just over that at 130 which is that big of a deal. Moving to 135 I belive is simply too high for him. That would be like Mayweather moving to 160 in my view. These are naturally smaller guys that are fighting at higher weights because that's where the big fights are.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I like Casa I think he can get into the mind set of Manny Pacquiao which obviously isnt that hard to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.