Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange Box (Team Fortress 2)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
CyruS
TF2 shittied on Halo 3.

Somebody here get the orange box yet besides me? Well worth the money and then some.
Al Hata
Newbish, I saw u on that orange box last nite....might have to pick it up.
CyruS
might!?, MUST! laugh.gif

The whole package is bananas. I read up that the whole orange box has been getting crazy scores like 10s everywhere too. Team Fortress 2 is the only reason I got it and that alone is worth the 60. Half Life 2, portal and the episodes are just a really big bonus to me.
Bill The Butcher
Team Fortress 2? What's that? I guess I better google it...
Bill The Butcher
Ah, I see. Yeah, that game does look pretty fun. It's tempting. I'm not really liking Halo 3.
CyruS
Halo 3 is garbage, waste of money on my part, I should have known better.

Atleast NBA 2k8 and Orange Box are keeping me busy enough to forget I even have Halo 3 laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I don't have online ATM so is it worth it for HL2 alone?

I like playing online but got sick of hearing "pwned you nigga" "white muthafuckaz go die" etc etc from all the brainless kids online. I want to play again but it is not worth blowing a blood vessel in my brain because I want to kill some 12 year old in Texas or whereever.

Smacktalk is OK online if it is smart & has some humour to it but alas it seems like the online world is populated by two types of people. Racist little bastards who taunt you with vile comments or losers who when you are about to win the game pull the pin so their "record" is not affected. I just got so tired of that & decided to only play single player for the last few years.
Bill The Butcher
Say goodbye to Halo 3. Hello Team Fortress 2. I love that game. The fun factor is awesome. I cracked out on it for 7 hours last night. I like the different classes. All have their unique style.

I notice it gets laggy at times. I hear they are coming out with a patch to help it out. But other than that, I would have to say that it is one of funnest games I've ever played.

My gamertag is Hopkins p4p.

You will mostly see me online, Friday night and off and on during Saturdays. Rarely on the weekdays, I have work, school and NFL football to watch.
CyruS
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 14 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]361300[/snapback]
I don't have online ATM so is it worth it for HL2 alone?

Yeah. Half Life 2 + Half Life 2 Episode 1 + Half Life 2 Episode 2 + Portal = Keeping you busy for a while offline.

Well worth the money on those single players alone.
CyruS
Yeah that patch should be coming out soon to fix some of the lag that occurs in some games. Is it wrong of me to think that even a laggy TF2 game is still > Halo 3? laugh.gif
Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(CyruS @ Oct 14 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]361312[/snapback]
Yeah that patch should be coming out soon to fix some of the lag that occurs in some games. Is it wrong of me to think that even a laggy TF2 game is still > Halo 3? laugh.gif

No, not at all. I would play a laggy TF2 over Halo 3 anyday.
Bill The Butcher
My best moment with one life so far in Team Fortress 2 was (30 kills) with an engineer. It was on 2Fort. I set up my dispenser and sentry gun under the opposing teams fort (Not the sewer, but under the building right after you cross the bridge.). It was classic. I ended up making almost half the team go spys to finally finish me off. I ended that game with 3 dominations. Good times.

I seem to play Soldier, Engineer and Demoman the most. Trying to get that "rocket jump" down. I can only do it 60% of the time. And the Demoman is fun to set up traps on the control points and watch the people splatter.
The CEO
Y'all need to come play with the big boy on the PC...

<-------

Call of Duty 4 and Crysis are coming out reeeaaal soon.
Southeastpaw
I like Donkey Kong.
Bill The Butcher
I used to be strictly PC. Especially using the mouse to aim and shoot and using the WASD controls. I find that better for FPS games. I used to play Soldier of Fortune 2 (Back in the day) and World of Warcraft the most. WoW was waayyyyyy too time consuming though. But I don't have a good computer anymore. I just use my fiance's laptop to browse the internet and check my email.

I'm all about the console system now. I'm loving Team Fortress 2. I can play it for a couple of hours and put it down. For some reason I couldn't do that with PC games.
CyruS
MEEEEEEDDDDDDDIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Bill The Butcher
Ohhhhh, I got 39 kills with one life with an engineer last night. Same strategy, same map. It was on a player match. There is no way I could get that many on a ranked match.

I want to break into the 50s. That would be classic.
BrutalBodyShots
Slightly off topic here, but anyone play the ORIGINAL Team Fortress circa 1997-1999? Most played it online through Mplayer. Anyway my clan (cgs) was #1 in the country back in 1998 I believe and we had a hell of a time back then. I was thinking of getting into TF2 but I've been out of the game for nearly a decade. Not sure if I still have the games in me the way I did back then.

Bill The Butcher
No, I never played the original. But TF2 is fun. I'm sure you still have the games in you. I didn't play video games forever (console games) and just recently started getting in to them again. It's a good source of home entertainment! As long as you don't crack out on them 24/7.

The Orange Box is a great deal too. 5 good games for the price of 1. ---- $60.
CyruS
I played TFC, it's still one of the greatest MP games I have ever played. Back then it was about going back in forth between Jedi Knight and TFC, still the best PC MP games ever made.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 2 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]363164[/snapback]
I played TFC, it's still one of the greatest MP games I have ever played. Back then it was about going back in forth between Jedi Knight and TFC, still the best PC MP games ever made.

Hell yeah. TF was awesome.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.