Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agapito Sanchez vs Pacman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
STANGMOZ
Just watched the Agapito Sanchez vs Pac again since I last saw it live.I was just wondering what you guys thought about it? I think it really demonstrated how to fight Pacman.Be physical with him, rough him up..head butts not included.That little Agapito ( R.I.P) was really making things hard for Manny.Agapito became Manny's daddy in that fight.
kidbazooka1
Sanchez was a crafty guy he knew every trick in the book he was definitly giving Pac a tough time.

I think in order to beat Pac you must posses exceptional boxing skill(Marquez fight) or smother him in the inside and apply lots of pressure(Juan Diaz).
BigG
Thats how Casamayor would fight Pacman...
gods son
PAC can take shots also, his chin plays on well!!
thehype
I don't think the Pacquiao who fought Agapito is the same Pacquiao who's fighting today.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 12 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]360958[/snapback]
I don't think the Pacquiao who fought Agapito is the same Pacquiao who's fighting today.

Exactly!
Nobudius
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 12 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]360958[/snapback]

I agree.

Although there may be something there with the way Sanchez roughed him up. I also remember the look Pac had on his face when he gut cut in the first Morales bout.
hardhead
I remember watching that fight and thinking "this is one of the dirtiest fighters/fights I can remember"

I wasn't all that impressed with Agapito from what I recall, when you got a guy roughing/throwing low blow/ head butting most the time you're probably not going to look that great..

It's been a while since I saw the fight so maybe I've forgot the details, I really just remember being turned off by Sanchez's roughouse tactics and felt he should've been DQed...
STANGMOZ
If you watch fight again, pay close attention to the so called low blow. HE HITS MANNY RIGHT ON HIS NAME..ON THE THE LINE THEN MANNY PUTS HIS GLOVE ON HIS NUTTS! Not even close to where Agapito hit him.Just watch it again..I did not see it as much as a dirty fight like others.
hardhead
QUOTE(STANGMOZ @ Oct 13 2007, 06:55 AM) [snapback]361026[/snapback]
If you watch fight again, pay close attention to the so called low blow. HE HITS MANNY RIGHT ON HIS NAME..ON THE THE LINE THEN MANNY PUTS HIS GLOVE ON HIS NUTTS! Not even close to where Agapito hit him.Just watch it again..I did not see it as much as a dirty fight like others.

Definitely, if I ever get the chance I will....It's been years since I saw the fight...
mexi-cutioner
This was 6 years ago when Pacquiao was still young and not as physically capable as he is today. The Pacquiao then was not as powerful, had way more flaws defensively which he has imporved upon and only had punching power in his left hand, somethin which he now has in both hands which amkes him more effective. I dont think this fight gives a clear indication of how to beat Pacquiao since Pacquiao has improved alot since then having faced alot tougher opponents than sanchez(may he RIP) handling them with ease(besides Marquez)
Nobudius
I actually think Manny isn't effective on the inside-it's very possible.

He also hasn't faced a fighter that gives good angles-Pac has gotten better with using his right hand, but not to the point where I can view him as a two fisted fighter. In the traditional sense, that is.
BrutalBodyShots
I'm not sure I've seen Pacquiao fight below 122 pounds... if I have I don't recall. Traditionally we see a fighter lose a little power as they move up divisions generally speaking. Being that Pacquiao is a pretty good puncher now at 130, I would think that below 122 he would have been very tough to deal with. Can anyone shed some light about his explosiveness back at 118, 112? Someone above suggested that he was less powerful in the lower divisions and I was curious as to why.

BigG
Manny didn't have too much power at the start of his career...but he showed he was a big puncher after his first title win and it has only improved as he moved up in weight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.