Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holyfield vs. Ibragimov: Round by Round and Postfight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
This thread is for on-going round by round and post fight reactions to the Holyfield-Sultan WBO Heavyweight Title Fight on PPV. Please keep all fight discussion in this thread.

THE LIVE CALL IS NOON TODAY. USERS RECORDING THIS FIGHT FOR LATER MAY FIND SPOILERS BELOW!

Jack

Administrator
BrutalBodyShots
Is anyone doing a round by round?

Jack 1000
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 13 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]361051[/snapback]
Is anyone doing a round by round?

They might as the main event time gets closer. If not, it can just be a post fight reactionary thread. I am sure that some users on the forum bought this. There was decent TV commercial converge, and what is interesting, this match is getting more PR than the Juan vs. Julio Diaz fight later tonight on HBO.

Jack
hardhead
I was tempted to buy it because I'm a Holyfield fan but I'm hesitant because I don't want to see him take a beating(Toney was enough) and my LSU Tigers are playing at 2:30 so I don't want to miss that...
MoralesWins
QUOTE(hardhead @ Oct 13 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]361056[/snapback]
I was tempted to buy it because I'm a Holyfield fan but I'm hesitant because I don't want to see him take a beating(Toney was enough) and my LSU Tigers are playing at 2:30 so I don't want to miss that...

I feel the same way about Holyfield. Its disappointing to see a weathered Holyfield (Im still trying to forget the Ruiz trilogy). By the way, I'll be saying War Eagle a lot next Saturday in Baton Rouge.
gods son
ill try...i know my round by rounds are terrible..LOL

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(gods son @ Oct 13 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]361063[/snapback]

Cool thanks. How long until the fight?
BigG
QUOTE(gods son @ Oct 13 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]361063[/snapback]

It's all good Bam....your round by rounds are good enough for me.
gods son
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 13 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]361065[/snapback]
It's all good Bam....your round by rounds are good enough for me.

ok ill do it!!!!

BigG
Always had great respect for Holyfield. I think he's gonna get stopped late.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 13 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]361067[/snapback]
Always had great respect for Holyfield. I think he's gonna get stopped late.

I feel the same way. I think he's going to get stopped to the body much the way he was against Toney.

gods son
Round 8...of kirilov-navarro
main fight is after this..

thehype
I'm here....might do a round by round, but can't guarantee it....I'll help keep you guys posted as well though.
BigG
So whats going on in with the Kirkilov-Navarro fight
gods son
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 13 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]361072[/snapback]
So whats going on in with the Kirkilov-Navarro fight

navarro lost via points UD

BigG
Damn..Navarro always had talent but has failed in 3 tries for the title (One robbery). Thats just too bad.
salvador
+325 for Holyfield was too good to pass up. That said, I think it's a pick'em fight and if it goes to the scorecards Holyfield's gettin' screwed.
gods son
evander looking mad stiff in the changing room , as he wrams up with Ronni Shields!!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 13 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]361076[/snapback]
+325 for Holyfield was too good to pass up. That said, I think it's a pick'em fight and if it goes to the scorecards Holyfield's gettin' screwed.

How much did you risk on Holyfield Sal? So you're taking Holyfield by KO?

I think its a pretty tough prediction to pick an undefeated fighter not only to lose, but lose by KO - especially when he's not facing a puncher.

Holyfield would have to land a few perfect left hooks like he did against Savarese... Even if Holyfield hurts Ibragimov does Evander have enough in the tank to pour it on and finish a guy off? I doubt the ref will be very quick to stop it if Ibragimov is hurt due to the home court advantage.

As much as I'll root for Evander to stop Ibragimov, the other way around is what my gut says.

gods son
intro...

Holy enters the ring...to some gospel/dated music

Sultan aka Ibby walks in to Linkin Park...

now Lennon jnr talks..

im excited!
thehype
PREFIGHT
The challenger, Evander Holyfield, comes out first to an inspirational religious song. As usual, he's in excellent shape. A very serious look on his face. The champion, Sultan Ibragimov, enters next. He looks calm, cool and collected...like just another day at the office.
gods son
Ding Ding..

Round 1

few exchnges..bot in centre..sultan catches him witha swift hook..half blocked by evander..
evander lands a right..keeping distance..

hard to score

Evander 10
sultan 9

thehype
ROUND 1
Both men come out firing the jab. Neither man close enough to land anything yet. Very cautious round. Ibragimov lands a swooping right and a left down the pipe. Ibragimov showing some good defense and picking his shots. Looping right hook lands for Ibragimov and he dances away. Jab to the body lands for Ibragimov. Holyfield struggling to get his distance. Right hand lands for Holyfield. Both men showing a lot of respect. Holyfield lands another right. Ibragimov digs three left hooks to the body. Holyfield lands a right at the bell. Very cautious and close round. Round to Ibragimov.

Ibragimov 10 Holyfield 9
gods son
Round 2

boring..tactical..Evander's defence is good, solid..sultan throwing but blocked!
Sultan aiming to the stomach and getting few shots in there..Evander lands a lil one-two...

another hard round..

Sultan 10
Evan 9
thehype
ROUND 2
Ibragimov lands a right to the body. 1-2 lands for Ibragimov. Holyfield landing his jab to the body now. Ibragimov extremely cautious to work his way in. Straight left down the pipe by Ibragimov partially blocked by Holyfield. Right to the body lands for Ibragimov. One punch at a time. Very slow pace. Holyfield lands a jab. Right to the body lands for Holyfield, but he eats a left hook in return. Holyfield lands a left. Wooooooo...HARD right hand down the pipe lands for Holyfield followed by a left hook to end the round. The champion felt that one. Round to Ibragimov, but it could get interesting if the fight stays at this pace.

Ibragimov 20 Holyfield 18
salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 13 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]361078[/snapback]
How much did you risk on Holyfield Sal? So you're taking Holyfield by KO?

I think its a pretty tough prediction to pick an undefeated fighter not only to lose, but lose by KO - especially when he's not facing a puncher.

Holyfield would have to land a few perfect left hooks like he did against Savarese... Even if Holyfield hurts Ibragimov does Evander have enough in the tank to pour it on and finish a guy off? I doubt the ref will be very quick to stop it if Ibragimov is hurt due to the home court advantage.

As much as I'll root for Evander to stop Ibragimov, the other way around is what my gut says.

I bet $90.26 (the remaining balance in my dwindling internet wagering account). And the point of the bet was that it was +325 on Holyfield for the win any way he can get it. That's why I took it.
gods son
Round 3..

Sultan lands a body shot...staggers evander..nice jabs by sultan..evander chasing sultan..sultan catches him left to the ribs on the move..nice shot..evander covers up..
nice left by sultan..

sultan 10
evander 9
thehype
ROUND 3
Both men pawing wih the jab. Ibragimov misses with the left. Holyfield stalking. Ibragimov circling towards Holyfield's right hand. Ibragimov lands a left down the middle. Ibragimov dropping that right hand and getting cute in there. Ibragimov lands a left. Holyfield lands a right down the middle and a left hook to the body. Woooooo...nice straight left down the middle lands for Ibragimov and Holyfield covers up. Holyfield lands a right and digs a left to the body. Another hard straight left to the body lands for Ibragimov. And another 1-2 to end the round. Round to Ibragimov who's circling and boxing while Holyfield walks hims down.

Ibragimov 30 Holyfield 27
Kijis Konar
I think Evander might get stopped late.
gods son
round 4

Evander very Quiet...Sultan waiting for counter..BORING...

Sultan lands a left to the stomach..evander giving round away..

Sultan 10
Evander 9
thehype
ROUND 4
A tactical fight so far. Both men back to pawing with the jab. Two right hands down the middle land for Holyfield, but he eats a left in return. Holyfield continues to stalk. Not much action for either guy right now. Ibragimov lands a left ot hte body. Holyfield sneaks in a right down the middle. One minute left and the round is up for grabs. Ibragimov lands a left to the body. Another left to he body for Ibragimov. Holyfield lands a left hook. Holyfield tries to chase him down with 10 seconds left. Ibragimov spins and dances away. Not much to choose from in that round. Round to Ibragimov for the work he put in to the body.

Ibragimov 40 Holyfield 36
thehype
ROUND 5
More pawing with the jab by both. Left to the body lands for Ibragimov and he moves away. Holyfield lands a jab...just looking to counter something. Ibragimov lands another straight left upstairs and dances away. Holyfield just waiting...perhaps just looking for a knockout. Straight left lands for Ibragimov. Holyfield lands a right, but he eats a left in return. Holyfield just not letting his hands go at all. Wooooo...and just when I say that, Holyfield lands a hard right hand down the middle that has Ibragimov holding on. Nice 1-2 lands for Ibragimov to end the round. Round to Ibragimov who just the busier man in a not so action-packed fight.

Ibragimov 50 Holyfield 45
gods son
Round 5

Sultan busy..evander on the defence..but Evander does catch him with Right straight but get catches..(sorry im drunk/high)

sultan round
Jack 1000
Guys,

Is it that Ibrag is doing just a little more to take these rounds in a tactical fight? Is Holyfield wearing down? Thanks for the help with the round by round!

Jack
gods son
Round 6

evander got rocked in an exchange with sultan...Sultan launching the left and moving holy back..

Sultanj 10
evander 9
thehype
ROUND 6
Holyfield continues to press forward behind a pawing jab. Ibragimov lands a looping right hook. Nice right uppercut lands on the inside for Holyfield. Ibragimov lands a left to the body. Holyfield continues to press forward. Ibragimov on the retreat....very cautious. Nice counter left hook lands for Ibragimov. Ibragimov lands a right and dances away. Ibragimov content to box and move...Holyfield content to eat left hands as he presses forward. Another HARD left hand down the pipe lands for Ibragimov to end the round. Holyfield looks frustratred. Round to Ibragimov.

Ibragimov 60 Holyfield 54
gods son
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 13 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]361094[/snapback]
Guys,

Is it that Ibrag is doing just a little more to take these rounds in a tactical fight? Is Holyfield wearing down? Thanks for the help with the round by round!

Jack

Yeah he's just doing enough, he should pressure Evander more..Evander looks slow but still coming forward!
conservpride
Holyfield needs to maul Ibragimov, boxing won't do.
gods son
Round 7

Sultan again..winning with counter and pressuring evander..evander looks old..dry..

Sult 10
evan 9
thehype
ROUND 7
Hopefully it's becoming clear to everyone that Holyfield is just waiting to fulfill my prediction of the dramatic 12th round stoppage. LOL. More circling from Ibragimov. More pressing forward and pawing with the jab from Holyfield. One full minute goes by and absolutely nothing happened for me to report. Looping hook from Ibragimov lands. Another straight lef down the middle from Ibragimov rocks Holyfield. 1-2 lands for Holyfield when he finally let's his hands go, but Ibragimov makes him pay with a left and dances away. Round to Ibragimov.

Ibragimov 70 Holyfield 63
Kijis Konar
Sultan should try to stop Holyfield.
gods son
r 8

sultan pot shotting evander..im not impressed with sultan..lol..Tua would KO him out!!
woah evander lands a right on sultan..cool cool..sultan back on the jab..moving around...evander following getting caught!!
its an 18 ft ring..not big..good for sultan!!

sultan 10
evander 9

wack fight
thehype
ROUND 8
Bounce, bounce, bounce...paw, paw, paw....a missed left hook....nothing much to report. Ibragimov lands a jab. Right hand to the body lands for Ibragimov and he dances away. Right hand upstiars lands for Ibragimov. Wooooo...big right hand lands for Holyfield upstairs, but Ibragimov eats it and dances away. Left hand down the middle lands for Ibragimov. Holyfield lands a lef hook. Round to Ibragimov, who's dominating the fight in the most boring way possible.

Ibragimov 80 Holyfield 72
Jack 1000
ROUND 7
Hopefully it's becoming clear to everyone that Holyfield is just waiting to fulfill my prediction of the dramatic 12th round stoppage. LOL.

Hahahaha!!!! That would be some classic shit Ben!!! If that happens we could do a cool slogan like "The Hype is always right, the head predictor of all fights!" laugh.gif WOOOO HOOOOO!

Jack
thehype
ROUND 9
Right hand from Ibragimov stuffs Holyfield in the face. Holyfield misses a right hook to the body and looks horribly off balance. Straight left down the middle lands for Ibragimov. Left hook lands for Holyfield, but it didn't appear to have much on it. Ibragimov continues to stay away. Now he lands a left. They clinch. Holyfield gets a quick warning from the ref about a headbutt. Two right hands land for Ibragimov. 1-2 lands for Ibragimov and Holyfield land a right. Round to Ibragimov.

Ibragimov 90 Holyfield 81
Jack 1000
Ok,

Assuming that there isn't Eugina Williams scoring here, how many rounds do you think Holyfield could take just because of his name and getting sympathy from the judges? Maybe two at most, right?

Jack
FillyFighter
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 13 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]361106[/snapback]
Ok,

Assuming that there isn't Eugina Williams scoring here, how many rounds do you think Holyfield could take just because of his name and getting sympathy from the judges? Maybe two at most, right?

Jack

In Russia??
gods son
Round 10

sultan fighting good..jab..lands terrific body blow..Sultan jabbing evander up...Nice work sultan!!

sultan 10
evander 9

thehype
ROUND 10
Ah yes...the fight is going perfectly...it's the right pace...just wait for it...dramatic 12th round stoppage. Okay....back to more boxing from Ibragimov. He picks up the pace. Ibragimov lands a 1-2 to the body. Whoa, he's hurt....Holyfield is hurt to the body. Ibragimov tries to jump on him. Holyfield blocks a lot of it. Ibragimov backs off of him. Woooooo....another right jab stuffs Holyfield in the face. Ibragimov continues to outslick Holyfield. Woooo...Ibragimov dances on his oes and lands a right hand that snaps Holyfield's head back. WOOOOOO....QUICK three-punch combo lands for Holyfield and Ibragimov holds on. Ibragimov alnds a left to the body. Round to Ibragimov, but just wait for it.

Ibragimov 100 Holyfield 90
gods son
1 - Evander
2 - Sultan
3 - Sultan
4 - Evander
5 - Sultan
6 - Sultan
7 - Sultan
8 - Sultan
9 - Sultan
10 - Sultan

Body shot got Holyfield. The double jab was sick too where he missed and then caught him on the second. Evander had that nice flurry and a few openings, but wasn't able to capitalize.